Zone1 The officer did not murder Floyd, should he get a new trial?

I’m curious as to why they are rushing to Chauvin’s defense. I see a few possibilities.
They believe Blacks are terrible and any dead Black, especially a dead Black Criminal is a good thing.

You lose the argument, before it even starts, when you equate race to criminality, and push the premise that opposition to crime is based on racism.

You discredit yourself right there, and render anything else you have to say after it on the topic meaningless.

Subhuman criminal shit comes in all races, the same as human beings do.

I’m curious as to why they are rushing to Chauvin’s defense. I see a few possibilities.

They believe Blacks are terrible and any dead Black, especially a dead Black Criminal is a good thing.

They believe the cops are too hamstrung to operate effectively and endorse the get tough on criminals approach. They make lame excuses about the tough jobs the cops have and we should forgive the cops because of it.

Finally there are the cops just know. These are the folks who because of media think the cops just know if a guy is guilty. As if cops have a psychic sense of such things. And if the psychic sense is wrong about something specific. The baddie didn’t really rob a liquor store. The baddie was guilty of something to trigger the cop’s psychic power.

I’m always curious when these topic come up, as to which group I am debating.
You are way off base Savannah. You have not proven any malice or intent for Chavin to kill St Floyd. I think it's been proven that he was negligent and overzealous but nothing close to murder and a sentence of 22 years in prison. I think we need to compromise go with something like 2 years of prison and give Floyd some of the blame for his own demise. After all he was a Despicable Criminal who probably deserve to die anyway. Obviously race has nothing to do with it and you're constant crying of systemic racism is false

You are way off base Savannah. You have not proven any malice or intent for Chavin to kill St Floyd. I think it's been proven that he was negligent and overzealous but nothing close to murder and a sentence of 22 years in prison. I think we need to compromise go with something like 2 years of prison and give Floyd some of the blame for his own demise. After all he was a Despicable Criminal who probably deserve to die anyway. Obviously race has nothing to do with it and you're constant crying of systemic racism is false

I would go with negligent homicide, whatever the sentence is for that is what he should get.

You lose the argument, before it even starts, when you equate race to criminality, and push the premise that opposition to crime is based on racism.

You discredit yourself right there, and render anything else you have to say after it on the topic meaningless.

Paraphrasing is fine unless you leave out the parts that set the tone for the post, as you've just done.

Please. Spare me your sanctimonious rambling. He said/he said.…on Tucker no less. Sure, that’s liable to turn out to be relevant.

You are not going to get around that video, no matter how much rationalization you try. If Chauvin doesn’t knee on his neck for 8 minutes, he just loses his job. And doesn’t spend any time in prison.
the cop was wrong in what he did, but he did not kill the thug, fentanyl killed him, let across our southern border by corrupt senile Biden.

It is a vast difference between a latent physical defect (skull) and taking a substance that all know can itself cause death and YOU allow YOURSELF to ingest it. 🤦‍♂️
If they didn't convict the cop they would have to blame the effects of the massive amount drugs in his system and they have enough of that already. Right?

You should have read the rest.

Please. Spare me your sanctimonious rambling. He said/he said.…on Tucker no less. Sure, that’s liable to turn out to be relevant.

You are not going to get around that video, no matter how much rationalization you try. If Chauvin doesn’t knee on his neck for 8 minutes, he just loses his job. And doesn’t spend any time in prison.
Why would he lose his job if Floyd die of an overdose with no knee on his neck?

Here's the law of which he was convicted. Show where malice is a required element of unintentional murder...?

The problem is how laws are written, and the precedent setting cases that defined them.

You say negligent. I don’t live in Minnesota. So I don’t know their laws. But I think this goes well past negligence.

Chauvin was warned not to do it. He attended training, paid by the department, that told him not to do it.

Chauvin as we established had a habit of doing it. That isn’t negligence. That is willful determination to disregard the Policy. A willingness to flirt with disaster. Disaster arrived and took a life.

By all accounts, Floyd was a petty criminal. Pathetic really. We aren’t talking about a Villain living in a hollowed out volcano trying to take over the world. We are talking about a petty criminal.

But let’s consider the charges he might have been facing. Counterfeit money. Apparently a lousy job. Probably what? Five in Prison, max? Possession of narcotics? Probably not even five years. Resisting arrest? A couple years? Max?

Petty Criminal who would face a handful of years max. This guy wasn’t Al Capone. He wasn’t a major criminal.

But let’s get back to Chauvin. If you employed someone and they kept ignoring your instructions and refused to do it your way, what would you do? If you are anything like every other employer on earth, you would fire the guy.

And I propose this idea for you to consider. Chauvin wasn’t a good cop. By habitually breaking the rules and violating procedure, he had to know that if anything went wrong every arrest he had made would go up in smoke. It is what always happens.

So all those arrests. Most of the convictions resulting from his work, all of it are being overturned in courts.

Remember Baltimore? The cops who got caught planting evidence? 34 cases were dropped because it relied on the testimony from this corrupt cops.

So if Minneapolis is less safe, it is because Chauvin didn’t do the job he was paid to do.

No need. You lead with the premise that opposition to crime is racism. That discredits anything else that you have to say related to the topic.

I see you would never fit in that category of Chauvin supporters. I guess you fell into category three.

Forum List

Back