The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How was he knocked out and shooting? Come on. He got knocked on his ass and bumped his head. Bad shoot.

If he took one punch and went down where he couldn't control his head as you assert..... he was out.
bullshit. Just because you are knocked on your ass, that does not mean you are knocked out.

Every time Zimmerman took someone of thief feet during his mma training, they were unconscious? Get real here.

if you are knocked out you 1) can't shoot in self defense 2) may die in the next few minutes

so better to shoot BEFORE you are knocked out

I'm 68 years old, carried a weapon for 22 years in the US Army (with the DIA) 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I am extremely proficient with a pistol. I currently maintain a CCW and usually carry when my Wife and I are out - as do many here in Montana. Up here, weapons are a natural part of life, no one here sees them as a "big deal".

The funny thing about guns being carried by law abiding citizens is that they tend to make "good neighbors" out of everyone. I have never had to "pull" on anyone, but make no mistake, threaten me or mine and I will make certain that you don't do it again. And, nearly every person I know here, feels the same way, as does every member of the Sheriffs Department.

THAT is called self-defense.
WTF are you scared of in Montana that you feel the need to carry?
We are told that gun-related crime represents a threat to public safety so bad that we must limit the rights of the law abiding in an efforts to reduce it.

That being the case, carrying a gun for self-defense is, unquestionably, a reasoned, rational response to that threat.

You can't start a fight, find that you are loosing and shoot the guy YOU were following. Imagine if it were Martin doing the following.

YOU can't prove he started a fight, you can't prove there was even a contested fight, and you can shoot a guy you were following if he commits an act that puts you in fear for your life. If Martin was doing the following he would have been within his rights as a private citizen to do so.

So you would shoot someone that you were following if they turned around and started waving their arms at you and hollering. Cool.

I wouldn't if they just turned around, but I would drop someone before they got close enough to lay a hand on me.

And since I live in Florida I would be within the law.

It was dark, raining and Martin was walking near the homes looking in - that is in evidence -

If this is true then all Zimmerman had to do was report Trayvon and the Laws pick him up because he's already been fingered and profiled as the "thug" doing all the stealing. But that's not the case now is it? So that "evidence" is just fuckin hearsay.

GTFOH!

A window break-in tool was found under a window that TM spent some time near, so there is some validation of GZ contention.

And it was more than one person doing the break-ins. Those guys usually work in teams of two or three people.

Link? Martin was near a lot of windows. Anyone walking in any neighborhood goes BY lots of windows. Now that's a lot of windows indeed, and just because someone finds any kind of piece of garbage near anyone of those windows that could be construed to have the "ability" to break open a window is a curious find.

Sounds like some of you are making a compelling argument. To fire GZ from neighborhood watch. Neighborhood watch and HOA rules do not supersede US and Florida laws.

Do you find it 100% impossible Trayvon became indignant at being followed and doubled back to attack Zim ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing in the above precludes Zimmerman from carrying a concealed weapon for his own protection...as in the case he might be attacked while walking back to his truck...as he WAS by Trayvon Martin.

LOL. That really is NOT well known. We are talking about my field of practice. I saw it 5 days a week for 25 years, and have a master's in it. Testing abstract thinking serves many purposes. Whether the person is liberal or conservative is not one of them. One of the most arcane signs of a traumatic brain injury is lack of ability to abstract. The article below addresses students, but I saw a lot of it in veterans who had returned from war who didn't show any sign of TBI except this. But upon further testing they were found to have a TBI.

Tutorial: Concrete vs. Abstract Thinking

I, however, was not speaking of people with traumatic or other brain injury. I was speaking about all of us in the normal everyday world. Deviance or other abnormalities are not at issue there. So speaking abstractly, it is wise not to attempt to compare the phenomena we see in perspective and rationale among liberals and conservatives with those who are abnormally impaired in some way.

I don't claim any expertise in the medical implications except in the area of addictions. But I do have a small measure of expertise in evaluating temperament and perspective in the normal world. I am an ENT/FJ by the way.

I think your statistics are flawed due to your sample size, cross section, and your not considering your own bias as a significant variable in your research. The test for temperament is the MMPI because temperament consists of aspects of personality. Abstract thinking CAN be learned, it is learned, and it is be learned by some relatively low intelligence people.

Not gonna get into one of these things with you Sunshine. You have previously made your opinion of my inadequecies, stupidity, ignorance, various 'ists and 'isms, prejudices, and lack of education abundantly clear. I suppose we can now add my bias to your list of personal criticisms too. Let's just leave it that I am a miserable excuse for a human being and you are perfect in all respects and let it go at that, okay?

Meanwhile, to the rest of you, thanks for the links to live feeds. Some are better than the one I had I think.

People SHOULD become indignant when they're followed. Now there's lots of ways to do that which don't include violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, however, was not speaking of people with traumatic or other brain injury. I was speaking about all of us in the normal everyday world. Deviance or other abnormalities are not at issue there. So speaking abstractly, it is wise not to attempt to compare the phenomena we see in perspective and rationale among liberals and conservatives with those who are abnormally impaired in some way.

I don't claim any expertise in the medical implications except in the area of addictions. But I do have a small measure of expertise in evaluating temperament and perspective in the normal world. I am an ENT/FJ by the way.

I think your statistics are flawed due to your sample size, cross section, and your not considering your own bias as a significant variable in your research. The test for temperament is the MMPI because temperament consists of aspects of personality. Abstract thinking CAN be learned, it is learned, and it is be learned by some relatively low intelligence people.

Not gonna get into one of these things with you Sunshine. You have previously made your opinion of my inadequecies, stupidity, ignorance, various 'ists and 'isms, prejudices, and lack of education abundantly clear. I suppose we can now add my bias to your list of personal criticisms too. Let's just leave it that I am a miserable excuse for a human being and you are perfect in all respects and let it go at that, okay?

Meanwhile, to the rest of you, thanks for the links to live feeds. Some are better than the one I had I think.

Man, it is priceless when someone makes up stuff you never said and posts that you said them.

“They’re not supposed to take matters into their own hands. … Let law enforcement take the risk of approaching a suspect,” Dorival said."

End of story...............

Zimmerman called the cops and was attempting to direct them to the suspect.

That's something you do when you are absolutely sure you've seen a felony occur. That wasn't anywhere near the case with GZ.

“They’re not supposed to take matters into their own hands. … Let law enforcement take the risk of approaching a suspect,” Dorival said."

End of story...............

Zimmerman called the cops and was attempting to direct them to the suspect.

That's something you do when you are absolutely sure you've seen a felony occur. That wasn't anywhere near the case with GZ.

no...he thought the guy was acting suspicious and there was a history of break ins in his neighborhood. he was completely within his rights to call the police and follow martin.

OK, while jury deliberates, I have tidied up the kitchen, washed and hung out towels, washed and dried clothes, folded and put said clothes away, repotted 4 African violets and their 'babies' as well as my hibiscus. It is a beautiful day here. 82F, gentle breeze off the lake. Tonight, I'm building a fire in the fire pit, lighting the Tiki torches, and sitting outside. 20% chance of rain. But right now doesn't look anything like rain. Just hearing the helicopters from Fort Campbell coming and going. Mostly going.

Last edited:
People SHOULD become indignant when they're followed. Now there's lots of ways to do that which don't include violence.

sure...but that isn't going to stop me from following someone i believe might be ready or is committing a crime. that is why they have neighborhood watches.

since when is it a right to not be followed?

Corey's decision to lodge charges.

A massive and very egregious error.

All the rest flow from her initial imbecile "decision."

political pressure--still surprised that the POTUS said what he said.

It's known as free speech.

WHAT!

He is Zimmerman's president too.

He has a responsibility as POTUS to all citizens.

He had ZERO brains or right to jump in on a witch hunt especially prior to any facts or investigation been done (and closed as BULLSHIT and unfounded) even still without that, he had zero right to lay sides to something like that. I hold him accountable for helping incite what went down last year. He was dead. wrong.

If I distasted him before that, I despised him after that.

I would like one of you nutters to prove to me that Martin threw the first punch or initiated the confrontation. You keep saying it like it is fact. It is conjecture. Nobody saw it. Nobody witnessed the start of the confrontation.

Thanks.

That's not the issue though. Even if it was proven as a fact that Zimmerman punched Martin in the head, it's not an issue. Once the altercation reached the point that Zimmerman was in fear of his life, he had the right to defend himself with deadly force.

How about the woman who was locked in the closet with her kids and shot through the door. She was never touched? The deceased never landed a punch.

political pressure--still surprised that the POTUS said what he said.

It's known as free speech.

WHAT!

He is Zimmerman's president too.

He has a responsibility as POTUS to all citizens.

He had ZERO brains or right to jump in on a witch hunt especially prior to any facts or investigation been done (and closed as BULLSHIT and unfounded) even still without that, he had zero right to lay sides to something like that. I hold him accountable for helping incite what went down last year. He was dead. wrong.

If I distasted him before that, I despised him after that.

Obama is living proof that Harvard sells mail order degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back