The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I found hilarious were the claims that the Judge's rulings in this case were liberal left wing.
Her charge to the jury was spot on and included each and every element of the burden of proof 100% on the prosecution, the fact that Zimmerman "has to prove nothing" and that the presumption of innocence is the law in a self defense case where the burden under Florida law is the assumption that the defendant if in fear of his safety can use lethal force.
Those jury instructions sealed the deal for the not guilty verdict.
And sent the left wing media influenced sheep into gasket thrown mode.
After the evidence was submitted in this, the witness testimony and the Judge's charge to the jury with the instructions before deliberations only a dumb ass would convict for murder or voluntary manslaughter.

Looking through that understanding Canadian slang site i posted and came across;

Kerfuffle - Similar to brouhaha; a chaotic situation which is usually negative in nature; a loud or heated dispute.

Going to have to start using this one! "What is all this kerfuffle about?" or "These anti-Zimmerman demonstration are getting all kerfuffled up!"

Healthmyths....a lot of georges story is speculation as well...such as who confronted who. Theres no evidence to suggest who started it....who approached who..........only one guy had marks on him in a forty plus second brawl. That suggests to me that george wasnt fighting back but reaching for gun. The jury had to acquit due to LACK OF EVIDENCE TO FIND GUILTY...thats a big difference than totally believing george was being 100

Yes, middle class married white (Hispanic) men go around attacking young black men all the time, right?

Zimmerman: Screaming In 911 Call ?Doesn?t Even Sound Like Me? [Audio] | Axiom Amnesia

Recording #6 – Timestamp 16:54

(9-1-1 Call Starts)

Serino: You hear that voice in the background?

Zimmerman: No, Sir.

(Starts call over)

Serino: That’s you.

(Call continues)

Serino: You hear yourself?

Zimmerman: That doesn’t even sound like me.

Wow, this is the smoking gun that proves Zimmerman guilty and thanks to Marc for posting it. The detective plays the tape of the screaming @16:50, and Zimmerman himself denies it was himself screaming. If you had been screaming for your life, it is easily beyond a reasonable doubt that you would remember you screamed in that way, without having to somehow have to go through some process to recognize it. Bam!

That means it's proven that Trayvon was screaming, and therefore there is no argument that GZ should have feared for his life, since the screams show obviously that GZ was the one in absolute control.

Zimmerman: Screaming In 911 Call ?Doesn?t Even Sound Like Me? [Audio] | Axiom Amnesia

(9-1-1 Call Starts)

(Starts call over)

(Call continues)

Wow, this is the smoking gun that proves Zimmerman guilty and thanks to Marc for posting it. The detective plays the tape of the screaming @16:50, and Zimmerman himself denies it was himself screaming. If you had been screaming for your life, it is easily beyond a reasonable doubt that you would remember you screamed in that way, without having to somehow have to go through some process to recognize it. Bam!

That means it's proven that Trayvon was screaming, and therefore there is no argument that GZ should have feared for his life, since the screams show obviously that GZ was the one in absolute control.

Have you ever listened to a recording of yourself, and thought "that doesn't sound like me"?

I have.

(9-1-1 Call Starts)

(Starts call over)

(Call continues)

Have you ever listened to a recording of yourself, and thought "that doesn't sound like me"?

I have.

He was asked to identify someone obviously screaming for his life, and you are trying to say you yourself wouldn't remember if you had been the only one screaming hours later? It doesn't make the least bit of sense.

I have a theory on what happened, myself, but I have no delusions that a jury should take my theory based on its lack of reaching the reasonable doubt standard.

I think George was a bit of a busy body, partly justifiably because of the break ins and such, and partly because of his apparent nature.

I think he truly thought Trayvon was acting funny.

I think Trayvon became interested as well, as George would seem to him, to be acting funny.

I think that Trayvon stuck around the in-between of those two rows of houses.

I think George approached him and they had a few words, perhaps an argument.

I think George might have showed his waistband.

I think Trayvon got testy, and punched George in his face. As George then began to try to unholster, Trayvon took him down. George didn't have both hands free to stop the takedown, as he'd be well equipped to do with 18mos of mma training. Trayvon was then on top trying to get control of George from getting to his gun. George was solely focused on getting to his gun, which is why Trayvon had no marks on him.

I think that Trayvon was the one yelling for help, as he tried to control George from getting to his gun.

The rest is history.

I doubt very seriously that Trayvon attacked a man knowing that her was armed.The evidence trickling out now strongly suggest that Trayvon thought George was gay so he got was going to play "whoop azz" with him.

I don't know how much weight I give to that theory. The black community doesn't approve of homosexuality so it is a consideration. It was 7 PM at night--dark and raining.

Which then leads to 'what ifs'--at any rate, O'Mara's style was more persuasive. 'lack of evidence', if prosecutors understood the type of jurors that had been seated--they could have changed tactics...could have charged aggravated assault or included bias...

Last edited:

(9-1-1 Call Starts)

(Starts call over)

(Call continues)

I have.

He was asked to identify someone obviously screaming for his life, and you are trying to say you yourself wouldn't remember if you had been the only one screaming hours later? It doesn't make the least bit of sense.

He didn't say he wasn't screaming, just that it didn't sound like him.

He also told Serino that he was screaming, and Jon Good walked away.

(9-1-1 Call Starts)

(Starts call over)

(Call continues)

I have.

I think you're reading too much into that statement QuickHitCurepon... Like Rat said, I think he meant that he couldn't believe he sounded like that...

Not as definitive as Mr. Martin saying "That isn't my son" when listening to the same 911 tape.

I have a theory on what happened, myself, but I have no delusions that a jury should take my theory based on its lack of reaching the reasonable doubt standard.

I think George was a bit of a busy body, partly justifiably because of the break ins and such, and partly because of his apparent nature.

I think he truly thought Trayvon was acting funny.

I think Trayvon became interested as well, as George would seem to him, to be acting funny.

I think that Trayvon stuck around the in-between of those two rows of houses.

I think George approached him and they had a few words, perhaps an argument.

I think George might have showed his waistband.

I think Trayvon got testy, and punched George in his face. As George then began to try to unholster, Trayvon took him down. George didn't have both hands free to stop the takedown, as he'd be well equipped to do with 18mos of mma training. Trayvon was then on top trying to get control of George from getting to his gun. George was solely focused on getting to his gun, which is why Trayvon had no marks on him.

I think that Trayvon was the one yelling for help, as he tried to control George from getting to his gun.

The rest is history.

I doubt very seriously that Trayvon attacked a man knowing that her was armed.The evidence trickling out now strongly suggest that Trayvon thought George was gay so he got was going to play "whoop azz" with him.

I don't know how much weight I give to that theory. The black community doesn't approve of homosexuality so it is a consideration. It was 7 PM at night--dark and raining.

Which then leads to 'what ifs'--at any rate, O'Mara's style was more persuasive. 'lack of evidence', if prosecutor's understood the type of jurors that had been seated--they could have changed tactics...could have charged aggravated assault or included bias...

The defense had to work with some serious tact to defend their client without appearing to attack the victim AND the entire black community. DD thought West was tough on her ? He was mild compared what he could have been. She was on the phone fro Trayvon for a number of minutes and knew exactly what Trayvon said INCLUDING the parts about "rapist". Did you hear that come up in the trial ?

I have.

I think you're reading too much into that statement QuickHitCurepon... Like Rat said, I think he meant that he couldn't believe he sounded like that...

It's not a matter of identification of voice. It is a question essentially made by the detective directly to Zimmerman, "Ok, who was screaming"? And GZ denied it was him.

Not as definitive as Mr. Martin saying "That isn't my son" when listening to the same 911 tape.

Trayvon's father initially said it wasn't his son IMHO because he was ashamed that his son screamed. Nevertheless, having someone else identify it is a matter of recognition, since only GZ and Trayvon knew or know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back