The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my thought on this. Zimmerman will walk. We ALL know why he thought martin was "suspicious" but sadly, him following martin is not illegal. Being a racist asshole is not illegal. Zimmerman did everything right to get away with killing martin. Life in immenent danger 101....down to a science. He will walk for killing a boy who did nothing wrong. These are my thoughts as of now. :(

I agree pretty much except for your claim that Zimmerman is a racist asshole. There is evidence that contradicts that and the FBI also concluded he didn't act in a racist manner.

But you see a dead black kid and a white man with a gun, and for you, it's got to be racial.

In my world jumping a guy because -as testified to by his sexting buddy, is a crazy ass cracker rapist - just ain't right

Ahhhh but was that his sexting buddy?

Here is my thought on this. Zimmerman will walk. We ALL know why he thought martin was "suspicious" but sadly, him following martin is not illegal. Being a racist asshole is not illegal. Zimmerman did everything right to get away with killing martin. Life in immenent danger 101....down to a science. He will walk for killing a boy who did nothing wrong. These are my thoughts as of now. :(

I agree pretty much except for your claim that Zimmerman is a racist asshole. There is evidence that contradicts that and the FBI also concluded he didn't act in a racist manner.

But you see a dead black kid and a white man with a gun, and for you, it's got to be racial.

In my world jumping a guy because -as testified to by his sexting buddy, is a crazy ass cracker rapist - just ain't right

I tell ya, that girl's testimony was when this case really took a nose dive for the prosecutors... They're trying anything to get the momentum back after that travesty. It's not working.
I wonder when they were interviewing(prepping) her for this case if they thought it was going to be a slam dunk?

FBI interviews: No evidence Zimmerman a racist

FBI interviews: No evidence Zimmerman a racist- Orlando Sentinel

But keep beating that drum...despite all evidence to the contrary...

Do you just want me to make that link my sig file so we don't have to post it every day?

I doubt it would help...they would ignore it there just like they ignore it up here.

Oh, really? Should I post your racist tirade last night? Click of a button.

You mean the law?

Like dimocraps care about the law....??

782.02. Justifiable use of deadly force

First up is the admirably brief 782.02. Justifiable use of deadly force, which states:

The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be.

Note those words: “resisting any attempt”. You need not wait until the harmful act has been completed, or has even begun its application. You are permitted to use deadly force under the circumstances described to resist even a mere attempt to murder you or to commit a felony upon your person or upon your home where you shall be. Any requirement that you first suffer disabling injury? No. Any requirement that you first suffer trauma sufficient to cause bruises that last longer than a day, or even half a day? No. Any requirement that you first suffer so much as the slightest scratch of your skin? No, no, no.

776.012 Use of force in defense of person

What then of what most people first think of when they look to Florida’s deadly-force self-defense statute, 776.012. Use of force in defense of person, another admirably brief statute. It provides in relevant part;

[A] person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if: (1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony . .

Again, note those words: “to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm”. Again, the intent of the legislature, and our own common sense, can read such language in only one way–you may lawfully act in self-defense in prevention of death or grave bodily harm, and without any requirement that you first suffer some death or great bodily harm.

lynch mob

Prosecution is trying to establish that Zimmerman knew about the stand your ground law in order to craft a defense for his actions. There is a big fight over admission of his collegiate records and writings on criminal law. I have a feeling the judge may admit this into evidence, which may be good for the prosecution. This should fall flat based on it's merit. You can't step into a man's mind and accuse him of being a liar. Whether he knew of the stand your ground law is irrelevant. The stand your ground law itself is irrelevant. THIS IS A SELF DEFENSE CASE! And right now the defense has the upper hand.

Last edited:
The question at hand here is did Zimmerman lie or tell the truth.

It's clear he was lying. The fact that you don't want to address that BLATANT question and issue tells me your motives and your biases.

Did he claim a brain hemorrhage or something that I am not aware of? Did he give a statement that gave medical terms? How could he be lying?
We have a cop that testified that he believes that Zimmerman exaggerated his injuries yesterday.

Today we have the Chief Medical Examiner stating that his injuries were insignificant.

Can you recount what Zimmerman's testimony of his injuries were please?

Thanks.

So?

If you're having your head smacked into a sidewalk, and having your face beaten, you aren't counting the blows....you're feeling the pain. It doesn't matter how many times it happened, or how deep the gashes were...he had a kid on him that wanted him dead (Martin even said that night that someone was going to die). So what would YOU do?

"Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of 'You're going to die now' or 'You're gonna die tonight' — something to that effect," Robert Zimmerman said. "He continued to beat George. At some point, George pulled his pistol and did what he did."
A look at what happened the night Trayvon Martin died | Tampa Bay Times

He did not lie about his injuries. where have you been?
The Chief Medical Examiner's testimony does NOT match Zimmerman's.

Do you agree?
Her definition of "slammed" does not appear to match his. "Slammed" is open to opinion. Any sudden impact can be considered by some to be a slam.

You're grabbing at straws.
I'm not grabbing at anything. However, you're hedging.

You just don't want to ADMIT that Zimmerman's been lying his A$$ off.

Yep and your bias is completely race driven also...and how...wow...you dont even fake it.:eusa_liar:

You relate to black teens being followed in the dark and rain about as well as Sharpton relates to a KKK marshmallow party. Get off your high horse, Jack.
What about my argument thus far has been racist? I said early on that if the roles were reversed, I would be arguing self defense. You've been here, what a week? I've been here 2 and a half years and I've never given anyone good reason to call me a racist.

People! Help me out here. Anyone have proof of my supposed racism? Or is 25 a Fake Smarmy clone, that is, an irrelevant asshole?

The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be.

You know what that tells me? You don't need to wait until the presumed fatal blow to defend yourself. You are free to defend yourself at any point during the altercation from your attacker. All of these self defense laws indicate that a mere attempt can be assumed and an act to prevent such an attempt can be explainable, and as long as the fear of imminent harm or death is reasonable, deadly force is also justified.

[A] person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if: (1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony...

Jury Instruction 3.6(f). Justifiable Use of Deadly Force

The use of deadly force is justifiable only if the defendant reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to [himself] [herself] while resisting:

1. another’s attempt to murder [him] [her], or
2. any attempt to commit (applicable felony) upon [him] [her], or
3. any attempt to commit (applicable felony) upon or in any dwelling, residence, or vehicle occupied by [him] [her].

A person is justified in using deadly force if [he] [she] reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent 1. imminent death or great bodily harm to [himself] [herself] or another, or 2. the imminent commission of (applicable forcible felony) against [himself] [herself] or another.

Last edited:
The Chief Medical Examiner's testimony does NOT match Zimmerman's.

Do you agree?
Her definition of "slammed" does not appear to match his. "Slammed" is open to opinion. Any sudden impact can be considered by some to be a slam.

You're grabbing at straws.
I'm not grabbing at anything. However, you're hedging.

You just don't want to ADMIT that Zimmerman's been lying his A$$ off.

Tracy Martin lied his ass off about when he dropped TM off at girlfriends. Rachel lied her ass off when she opened her mouth.

Or are these inconsistencies that could be also claimed by GZ in his subsequent interviews?

That's the first possibility; for adults. The third possibility doesn't include "lawful justification" in the case of a minor as an absolute defense; IE self defense. It merely states that a person is guilty of manslaughter if his culpable negligence leads to the death of that person. THIS ISN'T DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND. IT'S FREAKING BLACK AND WHITE. I'M NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT A GRAY AREA HERE.

Zimmerman committed an intentional act. He cannot be charged for negligence.

A little knowledge is a silly thing.

You clearly have no idea what negligence even is.

Rabbi is in way over her head or his head or whatever it is.

Prosecution is trying to establish that Zimmerman knew about the stand your ground law in order to craft a defense for his actions. There is a big fight over admission of his collegiate records and writings on criminal law. I have a feeling the judge may admit this into evidence, which may be good for the prosecution. This should fall flat based on it's merit. You can't step into a man's mind and accuse him of being a liar. Whether he knew of the stand your ground law is irrelevant. The stand your ground law itself is irrelevant. THIS IS A SELF DEFENSE CASE! And right now the defense has the upper hand.

I think what they're trying to show is that Z knew about SYG and Self Defense and that he lied about not knowing about SYG on Hannity.

But they're not using the SYG defense. SYG in Florida is a very special case. It doesn't even go to trial, if I understand it correctly.

I think they're just trying to show that Z knew more than he was letting on and that he was a wannabe Cop.

Like there's a shortage of those around?

So, wannabe Cop meets wannabe gangsta punk ass street urchin.

The punk ass gangsta street urchin lost this time. How many times do they win and nothing gets done about it?

Lots.

This case is bullshit. The whole thing is bullshit.

I still object to the Judge allowing the parents in the Court Room so they can put on a show for the Jury.

Maybe they could do a little song and dance for us during Court recesses. I'm thinking Peaches and Herb or maybe a little Ike and Tina.... Rollin' on the River.

fucking joke

I tell ya, that girl's testimony was when this case really took a nose dive for the prosecutors... They're trying anything to get the momentum back after that travesty. It's not working.
I wonder when they were interviewing(prepping) her for this case if they thought it was going to be a slam dunk?

It actually didn't.

Quite the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back