The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In reference to the other photo the police officer showed her: "I did not know the person’s name. I had seen him in passing probably earlier that day but I didn’t know who he was." She says she now knows it was Martin.

What's with the twitter feeds being shown on HLN during showing the trial as it progresses? And note how all the comments are PRO Martin.:cuckoo:

The twitter feed shown, is only as good as the editor picking out which messages to show on the TV.

A lot of the feeds have chat or tweets and mods to kick or include. I got some messages edited on click orlando because I suck at speaking tv edit worthy.

Hehe, I wish. I was out "fake lawyering."

I did that earlier today on a couple of matters.

Since then, I have knocked out one pending motion. And of course, I also learned a boat load about lawyering Florida style. :cool:

I have also reaffirmed my belief that avoiding nimrods like Sarie is a key to rational jury selection.

You're seeming a little obsessed with me now. I can't help it if you all ran off all the Dems here with your boring posts. Go find someone else to focus on.

STILL deflecting, eh Sarie?

Since you seem to have latched on to me, I think it's just fair and polite to provide the same degree of attention right back at ya. :thup:

This is PARTICULARLY true where you are being so cowardly and evasive.

Not that I expected anything better from you.

I just want to remind you that what you are doing isn't actually going unnoticed.

HEY GANG! LOOK! Sarie is DUCKING some more!

:lol:

yet most of his 911 calls are not about black people.

why is it very few on the left know facts about this case?

when he stated these punks are always getting away with this then yeah its safe to presume this to be the case. Like i stated this isn't the sole reason behind all this.

i personally think Zimmerman will walk

great...punks is now code word for black

:rolleyes:

context fuckstain context

to dismiss race as a motivation would make you foolish. Zimmerman based on the fact that black people where stealing things from the homes in his area made this a race issue.
But like the gun issue, its only part of the story here.

I'm not talking about Zimmerman's motives here. I'm theorizing on what is the motivation for the lefties steadfast belief that GZ is guilty.

guns, race, bad law, and a kid/boy/young adult was killed over stupidity.

to dismiss race as a motivation would make you foolish. Zimmerman based on the fact that black people where stealing things from the homes in his area made this a race issue.

How often do they know the facts of any case, let alone allow the facts to be used to win an arguement against them?

We're talking about liberals here, not intelligent adults.

The thing that gets me is that they were convinced GZ was guilty even before they knew ANYTHING at all about the case, and still today, when any reasonable person would have to conclude that at least there is reasonable doubt, they still doggedly cling to GZ's guilt. They never even attempt to look at it objectively. Why is that?

I believe that it's partially about a black man dying but mostly about guns, and self-defense with a gun.

dirty old woman

First time I heard that was in the movie The Right Stuff. It was in that little bar where Chuck Yeager was introduced and the lady behind the bar said it.

Peckahhh Woood..

Sam Shepherd was so good in that part.

You know they changed it to the more socially acceptable "Peckerwood" right? What they really called them would have been to crude for that movie.

I'm sure Sarah knows :wink_2:

heh, you should have asked the OP that question.

I could have, if i had no clue what a straw man is. But I do, so I didn't.

The trial is all about guns and whether we have a right to self defense.

There's the strawman. The trial is about does someone have the right to get out of his car, follow a teen, and kill him with impunity? It is also about the stand your ground law, which should have applied to Martin since he was the one being followed and reported on when he had done nothing wrong.

which should have applied to Martin since he was the one being followed and reported on

Yes! George violated the "No following and reporting on" law. :cuckoo:

How often do they know the facts of any case, let alone allow the facts to be used to win an arguement against them?

The thing that gets me is that they were convinced GZ was guilty even before they knew ANYTHING at all about the case, and still today, when any reasonable person would have to conclude that at least there is reasonable doubt, they still doggedly cling to GZ's guilt. They never even attempt to look at it objectively. Why is that?

I believe that it's partially about a black man dying but mostly about guns, and self-defense with a gun.

well to speak for myself i do think Zimmerman is guilty s something...maybe manslaughter at most, but the evidence doesnt support anything. To many holes that are not being filled to flesh out the complete story.

Hence he will walk, But Zimmerman is a liar.

I notice several people here are sure the prosecution will lose because, obviously, there was no crime in self-defense. I agree.

But I'm old enough to have come home from work early to WATCH the verdict in the O.J. trial, and I'm going to tell you, it is possible you could be in for some open-mouth astonished disappointment, while blacks all around the country laugh and high-five each other.

That's what happened with the O.J. trial. He did it, everyone knew he did it, but since he was black, that simply didn't matter.

Could easily happen again, maybe simply to stop riots. So be prepared not to be too shocked if this doesn't come out the way you expect.

OJ was acquitted despite obvious guilt. Notice how he was black. So what you are suggesting is that an all white, all woman panel is going to send a "white hispanic" man the man to jail for life for defending himself? Oh ye of little faith.

I admit to having little faith in juries.

Then son you live in the wrong country.... What you want is a authoritarian government like China.

I'm not talking about Zimmerman's motives here. I'm theorizing on what is the motivation for the lefties steadfast belief that GZ is guilty.

guns, race, bad law, and a kid/boy/young adult was killed over stupidity.

there is nothing wrong with the law, the rest if true.

OJ was acquitted despite obvious guilt. Notice how he was black. So what you are suggesting is that an all white, all woman panel is going to send a "white hispanic" man the man to jail for life for defending himself? Oh ye of little faith.

I admit to having little faith in juries.

Then son you live in the wrong country.... What you want is a authoritarian government like China.

I really don't think that's what he meant, thanatos. He doesn't trust them, he doesn't mean to abolish them.

well to speak for myself i do think Zimmerman is guilty s something...maybe manslaughter at most, but the evidence doesnt support anything. To many holes that are not being filled to flesh out the complete story.

what did he lie about? his story has been consistent from the beginning and the evidence supports his version of what happened.

I understand that you WANT him to be a liar, but there is no proof that he lied about anything.

Last edited:

Of course I don't claim that every lefty believes the same way. But you're only the 3rd one here that waited for the trial and has a somewhat objective opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back