The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does in Floriduh if stand your ground laws have any validity.

I don't follow.

Stand your ground law at its best means that if you feel threatened you can be proactive in defusing the threat. I don't think anyone can make a case that Martin did not feel threatened. Therefore, IF he started the fight, he had every right to do it out of self-defense.

This is a likely reason Z did not use stand your ground to get his case dismissed because it would have begged the question, what about Martin's stand your ground rights?

That is just as silly as arguing that people who are being attacked have to run away instead of defending themselves.

Who ever that still thinks Zimmerman is guilty is racist against Hispanics. You're totally illogical.

It takes 12 people that believe he's guilty for a conviction. Let's wait and see. :)

The jury in this trial is 6 people.

You know so little about this case but you keep flailing away. :dunno:

You can't reason with someone who is ignorant of the trial itself, but refutes your assertions based on emotional bias. Kind of goes back to Quick's own comment of being a sociopath. He has a an invented narrative in his head and is sticking to it regardless of the facts of the world.

So Zimmerman, who was obese, ran after Martin, who was a football player, caught up with him and shot him? Is that the line you want to take here?

Well Martin may have run till he was out of sight then walked. Zimmerman doesn't look so obese that he couldn't run. But I think what is important is that clearly Zimmerman followed Martin, hence why shooting took place away from car.

No, I want to hear your explanation for how Martin, the athlete, ran away and Zimmerman, who was obese according to medical reports at the time, caught up with him and shot him.

Read above, I did explain. Now you said Zimmerman didn't follow him. You explain why he was so far from his car.

Actually, Zimmerman behaved better than his drunk attorney, West in that exchange with the judge. He should have considered firing West on the spot.

Because his attorney PROPERLY objected to an over-reaching question from the judge?

I may have been wrong about you, Sarie. I thought you knew nothing about the law.

It turns out that you know less than nothing about the law.

Well, I do have one thing to say about that. There was a show there that I think is lost on a lot of people. She repeatedly asked and stressed it was ZIMMERMAN'S choice not to testify.

I believe that in the Code of Professional Conduct it is stated that an attorney may not put a person on the stand when he KNOWS the person is going to lie on the stand.

Now, see what a difference? If I were Zimmerman, I would not want to testify either. Give the way the media has treated him, the stress he has been under, I don't think he could make a good presentation on the stand. Having the jury know that HE chose not to take the stand is infinitely better than having them think the lawyer could not put him on the stand because he would perjur himself.

I know that is a sublime difference. But in reality most ordinary people, I think, believe that it is the LAWYER who makes that decision. And in the case of having a client who will commit perjury it IS. It looked like she was picking on the defense, but the jury knowing this was a decision that Zimmerman made for himself is very important. Just my not so humble opinion.

There was nothing in the judge's questioning of Zimmerman that was even remotely related to any "concern" about the possibility that Zimmerman (like any other witness) might lie.

I don't think the jury was privy to this "discussion" which does look like it was done outside of their presence, thank goodness.

This one was new to me.

Zimmerman's holster was "really" a concealed carry type. Meaning it was worn on the inside of his pants. And according to the video, he wore it in back above his buttocks on his left side.

Which almost completely destroys another part of Zimmerman's story. That Martin saw the gun.

It would mean that either Martin had xray night vision..or that's another inconsistency.

Seriously?

This is how you wear an IWB holster. Police routinely spot these things under jackets even if they are in front of the person wearing them because they are designed to be able to draw the weapon without breaking your arm. You really need to stop watching movies and thinking the real world works the same way.

new-tuckable-holster-4.jpg

:clap2:

Thanks man.

Just completely reinforced what I posted.

He was wearing it behind his back.

I see you are blind as well as stupid.

That is not behind his back, all it takes to see it if someone is straddling you is for you to turn your upper body in an attempt to throw them off

I think the media has behaved abominably. I have never seen such a lynch mob as CNN and MSNBC. They want a guilty verdict worse than anyone I have ever seen in my life.

I have no respect for the media in this country.

These media outlets are heavily invested in a guilty verdict. Their lies have caused rioting mobs who have beaten people in Trayvons name, caused property damage & defamation of GZ, police, whites, Hispanics, & neighborhood watch people.

They are the subject of many lawsuits & a guilty verdict will most certainly cause them to lose.

During a pause in the interminable session last night, Nancy Grace on HLN had a guest on to discuss the proceedings. The guest was explaining why the day had gone so well for Zimmerman and Nancy became visibly irate, raised her voice, shouted the guest down, and basically refused to allow the guest to comment. Nancy Grace wants a guilty verdict and makes that abundantly clear.

THAT is our objective media these days.

Nancy Grace's first husband was murdered. That is why she became a lawyer. She has NEVER been objective. I don't tune her in because she is nothing but a shill for the prosecution. ANY prosecution.

What trial are you talking about? There are only 6 jurors in the Zimmerman trial.

Well Ok, it takes 6 then. I thought juries were always 12. Hmm.

Why are there only 6?

Florida only uses 12 person juries in capital cases.

I explained this to him a few nights ago, when he was playing coy. He picks and chooses what he wants to believe. Has his own narrative, absent the facts, and is being consistent to it. This is his own definition of a criminal and a sociopath.

It takes 12 people that believe he's guilty for a conviction. Let's wait and see. :)

The jury in this trial is 6 people.

You know so little about this case but you keep flailing away. :dunno:

You can't reason with someone who is ignorant of the trial itself, but refutes your assertions based on emotional bias. Kind of goes back to Quick's own comment of being a sociopath. He has a an invented narrative in his head and is sticking to it regardless of the facts of the world.

I assumed there were 12 since I've never heard of a trial with only 6 jurors. But thanks for making my mistake into a Federal case.

The conflict now is about this question:

Mantei asks Adam if he is currently marketing the training he gave to #Zimmerman on his website. He said "absolutely not". Sidebar

He is offering to tell people what training Zimmerman received...after the trial is over. That he is marketing the training is obvious because Zimmerman signed up for it.

I do not know what this has to do with the case.

His owns the gym where Zimmerman trained. He has a request form on his web page that offers information about what training George received. It will be available AFTER THE TRIAL IS OVER.

https://twitter.com/WildAboutTrial/status/355055658049085440/photo/1

I think this photo is doctored... how could Mr. Pollack commit such an egregious error?

Check it out: Zimmerman

On the kogym.com site, under Events
Yeah, they're promoting using Zimmerman's name alright.

See...?

Attachments

• 76.9 KB · Views: 21
Judge-y might not strike Donnelly's testimony. But she has made some stupid rulings, so I would not be totally shocked if she does strike it.

Idiotic, but possible.

Well Ok, it takes 6 then. I thought juries were always 12. Hmm.

Why are there only 6?

I explained this to him a few nights ago, when he was playing coy. He picks and chooses what he wants to believe. Has his own narrative, absent the facts, and is being consistent to it. This is his own definition of a criminal and a sociopath.

I don't remember you saying to me their were only 6 jurors. Are you sure?

You sound desperate to grab onto a simple mistake so vehemently.

Last edited:
Judge-y might not strike Donnelly's testimony. But she has made some stupid rulings, so I would not be totally shocked if she does strike it.

Idiotic, but possible.

Doesn't matter. Regardless of instruction, perception can't be ignored.

Edit:

I'm NOT arguing with you! <facepalm>

The conflict now is about this question:

Mantei asks Adam if he is currently marketing the training he gave to #Zimmerman on his website. He said "absolutely not". Sidebar

He is offering to tell people what training Zimmerman received...after the trial is over. That he is marketing the training is obvious because Zimmerman signed up for it.

I do not know what this has to do with the case.

Perhaps about the same thing that Jeantel's going to the funeral or not going to the funeral have to do with the case.

Because his attorney PROPERLY objected to an over-reaching question from the judge?

I may have been wrong about you, Sarie. I thought you knew nothing about the law.

It turns out that you know less than nothing about the law.

Well, I do have one thing to say about that. There was a show there that I think is lost on a lot of people. She repeatedly asked and stressed it was ZIMMERMAN'S choice not to testify.

I believe that in the Code of Professional Conduct it is stated that an attorney may not put a person on the stand when he KNOWS the person is going to lie on the stand.

Now, see what a difference? If I were Zimmerman, I would not want to testify either. Give the way the media has treated him, the stress he has been under, I don't think he could make a good presentation on the stand. Having the jury know that HE chose not to take the stand is infinitely better than having them think the lawyer could not put him on the stand because he would perjur himself.

I know that is a sublime difference. But in reality most ordinary people, I think, believe that it is the LAWYER who makes that decision. And in the case of having a client who will commit perjury it IS. It looked like she was picking on the defense, but the jury knowing this was a decision that Zimmerman made for himself is very important. Just my not so humble opinion.

There was nothing in the judge's questioning of Zimmerman that was even remotely related to any "concern" about the possibility that Zimmerman (like any other witness) might lie.

I don't think the jury was privy to this "discussion" which does look like it was done outside of their presence, thank goodness.

I'm not saying there was. I'm saying if she had not asked HIM, it would have looked as though his lawyer could not put him on the stand for ethical reasons. Whether the jury heard it or not, I think it was a good thing. She will likely make it known to the jury that HE made the decision. If I were Zimmerman I wouldn't want to testify either. I would be a wreck. I think I have been in some key places to see the kind of emotional turmoil people go through when there is a criminal accusation against them. I have also seen the fools who won't settle for probation but rather want their 'name cleared' and end up in the pen.

I don't remember you saying to me their were only 6 jurors. Are you sure?

You sound desperate to grab onto a simple mistake so vehemently.

you don't remember because you do not listen. You have your own paranoid ideas and nothing goes through to you

OT:

Does it appear to anyone besides me that manass is picking up stray hairs off the ground and gluing them to the top of his head where there is none?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back