The oft repeated lie about Trump calling nazis good people

Telling the truth following the party/Trump line?
so tell me son, are any of these "trump lies" on your list?

78 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List | Sharyl Attkisson

if so - then you should be mad at the media for what, 78 lies about his activities? i tell ya, if this man lies as much as you and the left claim, why do you have to make up so many "more" about him? how come you're not bitching at these lies?

Well the thing you keep seeing in those mistakes reading that list are resignations and retractions and corrections. So yeah, I wish they'd get the full story before reporting and sometimes corraborate better. But I am glad they hold themselves accountable.

Now of the 9014 lies from Trump since his Presidency, how many resignations or corrections have been offered?

And of all the media, thousands of people, a list of 78 of which it seems nearly all have been corrected or amended voluntarily as new or correct information presented itself is not bad especially when you read the list and see how small some are.

And many of those are not. For example the one a few months ago that Trump was LIKELY to fire DHS secretary Nielsen the following week. I don't see how that is proven as a lie, even if he chose not to at that time.

Many others are just coverage of people lying, where the media covered someone claiming a racial attack and called it an ALLEGED attack.

And some were not intentional lies, but actual typo's. Like the Virginia exports to Canada/Mexico, showing the impact tariffs may have. They listed that as $800, which obviously wouldn't fit the story that tariffs could hurt their economy. That was corrected to 800 million. I don't see that as a lie myself. The revised correction actually fit the narrative of the story.

And there are just SO MANY from him. How bad is it that we just accept our President is lying to us Constantly.

Just last week it was:
windmill cancer
4 hangers of people celebrating him (there was only one there)
3% of asylum seekers returning for a trial (even though the participants had a 100 percent attendance record at court hearings according to the program itself. They also had a 99 percent rate of check-ins and appointments with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, according to a report by the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General.)
The worlds largest oil field (not even close to Saudi Arabias)
the best employment and unemployment numbers ever (actually not the lowest employment and workforce participation well down from 20 years ago).
No empty seats at the Cruz Rally (there were thousands).
Only trump gets Article II obstruction (literally was part of impeachment proceeding for Nixon/Clinton)
The power grid can't handle the variability of wind energy (Energy dept says it can)
He was joking about releasing hillary's emails...

And those are just off the top of my head. It sucks I think that we have to expect the President to just lie continuously to America and will not apologize but continue to deny cold hard facts.
trump talks a lot w/o verifying things first. intentional or not, still annoying yes. but i can't think of ANY president in my own time that made it through office w/o everyone calling them a liar. so it's not like he's the first and certainly won't be the last.

however, when it comes to our "media" it's a fucking joke. to lie back because he keeps waffling like he does? that's not how i grew up on journalism. it was my minor in college and to see what has been done to my former profession kills me at times.

it's their job to get to the facts, not attack any particular person w/o regard for the truth.
Problem is that when Trump spouts off without thinking it takes several days before he can rephrase what he "really " said

Remember his lame excuse when he defended Putin over his own intelligence?
EnergizerBunny.jpg

when i see you go after the media for the 78 and counting things they got wrong about trump, you'll have a voice in my world. til then you're an annoying gnat who just screams YEA at a lot.
Yea...the media sometimes gets information wrong. In an attempt to get the story out.....they go with incomplete information

No, you can’t compare the faults of Trump with the faults of the media
When the media gets something wrong, they will immediately issue a retraction or reprint with the latest information

Trump intentionally issues lies, lies he knows are wrong. When challenged with the actual facts, he not only repeats the lie, but makes his staff back him up

so tell me son, are any of these "trump lies" on your list?

78 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List | Sharyl Attkisson

if so - then you should be mad at the media for what, 78 lies about his activities? i tell ya, if this man lies as much as you and the left claim, why do you have to make up so many "more" about him? how come you're not bitching at these lies?

Well the thing you keep seeing in those mistakes reading that list are resignations and retractions and corrections. So yeah, I wish they'd get the full story before reporting and sometimes corraborate better. But I am glad they hold themselves accountable.

Now of the 9014 lies from Trump since his Presidency, how many resignations or corrections have been offered?

And of all the media, thousands of people, a list of 78 of which it seems nearly all have been corrected or amended voluntarily as new or correct information presented itself is not bad especially when you read the list and see how small some are.

And many of those are not. For example the one a few months ago that Trump was LIKELY to fire DHS secretary Nielsen the following week. I don't see how that is proven as a lie, even if he chose not to at that time.

Many others are just coverage of people lying, where the media covered someone claiming a racial attack and called it an ALLEGED attack.

And some were not intentional lies, but actual typo's. Like the Virginia exports to Canada/Mexico, showing the impact tariffs may have. They listed that as $800, which obviously wouldn't fit the story that tariffs could hurt their economy. That was corrected to 800 million. I don't see that as a lie myself. The revised correction actually fit the narrative of the story.

And there are just SO MANY from him. How bad is it that we just accept our President is lying to us Constantly.

Just last week it was:
windmill cancer
3% of asylum seekers returning for a trial (even though the participants had a 100 percent attendance record at court hearings according to the program itself. They also had a 99 percent rate of check-ins and appointments with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, according to a report by the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General.)
the best employment and unemployment numbers ever (actually not the lowest employment and workforce participation well down from 20 years ago).
Only trump gets Article II obstruction (literally was part of impeachment proceeding for Nixon/Clinton)
The power grid can't handle the variability of wind energy (Energy dept says it can)

And those are just off the top of my head. It sucks I think that we have to expect the President to just lie continuously to America and will not apologize but continue to deny cold hard facts.
trump talks a lot w/o verifying things first. intentional or not, still annoying yes. but i can't think of ANY president in my own time that made it through office w/o everyone calling them a liar. so it's not like he's the first and certainly won't be the last.

however, when it comes to our "media" it's a fucking joke. to lie back because he keeps waffling like he does? that's not how i grew up on journalism. it was my minor in college and to see what has been done to my former profession kills me at times.

it's their job to get to the facts, not attack any particular person w/o regard for the truth.
Problem is that when Trump spouts off without thinking it takes several days before he can rephrase what he "really " said

EnergizerBunny.jpg

when i see you go after the media for the 78 and counting things they got wrong about trump, you'll have a voice in my world. til then you're an annoying gnat who just screams YEA at a lot.
Yea...the media sometimes gets information wrong. In an attempt to get the story out.....they go with incomplete information

When the media gets something wrong, they will immediately issue a retraction or reprint with the latest information

Trump intentionally issues lies, lies he knows are wrong. When challenged with the actual facts, he not only repeats the lie, but makes his staff back him up
fuck that. i worked in the media going through college and i know better. you do NOT go with incomplete info ESP when you're wrong SEVENTY EIGHT FUCKING TIMES. getting burned once isn't a crime. 78 times is bullshit.

now if they lied 78 times about trump, how do i know what trump is lying about? maybe it's their 79, 80, 81st time to simply "get it wrong".

you don't care cause you hate trump. got it. i don't give a flying fuck in a tornado who it's about - our media needs to be above this and we need to stop excusing it cause they're after someone you don't like.

not their job. or at least it didn't used to be. like many things liberals get into - they fucked this up too.

Just last week it was:
windmill cancer

EnergizerBunny.jpg

fuck that. i worked in the media going through college and i know better. you do NOT go with incomplete info ESP when you're wrong SEVENTY EIGHT FUCKING TIMES. getting burned once isn't a crime. 78 times is bullshit.

now if they lied 78 times about trump, how do i know what trump is lying about? maybe it's their 79, 80, 81st time to simply "get it wrong".

you don't care cause you hate trump. got it. i don't give a flying fuck in a tornado who it's about - our media needs to be above this and we need to stop excusing it cause they're after someone you don't like.

not their job. or at least it didn't used to be. like many things liberals get into - they fucked this up too.

No actually if you look at those, many of them aren't even proven. Did the media lie, or did their source lie to them? If you say you care about facts, then how are you saying.

And I do care. I do care that the President has lied to america 9000 times. You don't because you love him and are ok with one person lying to america over 9000 more times than any reporter. Not once did I see a single name on there more than once.

I'm sorry but if someone says its "likely" that someone gets fired this week and they get fired next month instead, that is not a lie. You might want to lie for that and claim it is, but the reality is them not being fired doesn't prove the likelihood they would. So are you willing to lie to make up that list or not?

Just last week it was:
windmill cancer

EnergizerBunny.jpg

Wow, you had a summer job in media. Jesus fuck, I didn't know you were a world renowned expert!!!!.

In college, I worked a job for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. I guess I should know how to build a nuclear reactor?

Really???

I hate that Trump is a lying piece of shit. I hate that assfgcks like you defend him & blame the press for reporting his immense stupidity & poor decision making.

How about that.

Just last week it was:
windmill cancer

EnergizerBunny.jpg

It is despicable.

Does anyone remember who had the Barr summary first?
Who covered the plane hitting the north tower first?
Who covered the first shots of Desert Storm first?

No. Maybe some news editor somewhere. The media in general should stop trying to “out first” one another. Nobody cares outside of the industry.

How do you know what Trump is lying about? Really?

EnergizerBunny.jpg

No actually if you look at those, many of them aren't even proven. Did the media lie, or did their source lie to them? If you say you care about facts, then how are you saying.

And I do care. I do care that the President has lied to america 9000 times. You don't because you love him and are ok with one person lying to america over 9000 more times than any reporter. Not once did I see a single name on there more than once.

I'm sorry but if someone says its "likely" that someone gets fired this week and they get fired next month instead, that is not a lie. You might want to lie for that and claim it is, but the reality is them not being fired doesn't prove the likelihood they would. So are you willing to lie to make up that list or not?
you get into these problems when you report what people say as "news" vs. the news itself. CNN and many call things like "this man says trump is an asshole!"

and that's their news. what someone "thinks".

that's where things go wrong.

9000 times? can you name them so we can verify these "lies" and those are not "likely to get fired today" type of lies. did you read the 78 things the media got wrong?

if the media is so wrong about 1 person, how can you trust what you believe you know about that person when what you read about them simply isn't true?

now keep in mind i'm not defending trump, i'm attacking the media. don't confuse the 2.

Just last week it was:
windmill cancer

EnergizerBunny.jpg

I don’t think you know what a lie is

Publishing information that turns out not to be true is not a lie. Intentionally publishing false information is a lie

Trump outright lies. When he is given the correct information, he repeats the lie

EnergizerBunny.jpg

you get into these problems when you report what people say as "news" vs. the news itself. CNN and many call things like "this man says trump is an asshole!"

9000 times? can you name them so we can verify these "lies" and those are not "likely to get fired today" type of lies. did you read the 78 things the media got wrong?

if the media is so wrong about 1 person, how can you trust what you believe you know about that person when what you read about them simply isn't true?

now keep in mind i'm not defending trump, i'm attacking the media. don't confuse the 2.

That's confusing me. You are saying if someone alleges an attack against them, and the media reports an alleged attack against them, and the person is found to be lying, and the media reports the person lied... The media is the ones who lied?

And you are saying those lies aren't the "likely to be fired" lies. And asking me if I read the list...

" The firing was said to be likely to happen the following week."

Hmmmm, did you read your own list? It's literally what I took directly from your source.

Wash Post I believe has the 9000, with when Trump lied, and the facts from actual data. Why is that ok with you>?

EnergizerBunny.jpg

That's confusing me. You are saying if someone alleges an attack against them, and the media reports an alleged attack against them, and the person is found to be lying, and the media reports the person lied... The media is the ones who lied?

And you are saying those lies aren't the "likely to be fired" lies. And asking me if I read the list...

Hmmmm, did you read your own list? It's literally what I took directly from your source.

Wash Post I believe has the 9000, with when Trump lied, and the facts from actual data. Why is that ok with you>?
the media has been caught lying about trump no less than 78 times.

the media is how people know all of trumps lies.

given the media lies about trump, i don't trust all they say about him. they hate him and lost any objectivity years ago. period. so given my "source" of trump information is flawed at best, i revert to neutral on trump. this doesn't mean i defend him and you keep wanting to think i am.

trump does a lot of stupid knee jerk shit that pisses me off. but that doesn't mean he's open season to bullshit dogpiles. no one should be based off inaccurate info about them.

i don't want it done to me, i will try to not do it to others.

don't make that more than it is. general statement of how i approach things, not something to micro analyze into every single situation.

given the media lies about trump, i don't trust all they say about him. they hate him and lost any objectivity years ago. period. so given my "source" of trump information is flawed at best, i revert to neutral on trump. this doesn't mean i defend him and you keep wanting to think i am.

trump does a lot of stupid knee jerk shit that pisses me off. but that doesn't mean he's open season to bullshit dogpiles. no one should be based off inaccurate info about them.

don't make that more than it is. general statement of how i approach things, not something to micro analyze into every single situation.

So you are glad that they are correcting those mistakes when new information comes out. What do you think when that information comes out and Trump refuses to do the same?

Also many of those you don't know if it is a lie. If someone in the WH tells the media "X is going to happen" and the media reports "a WH employee said X is going to happen", and it comes out the WH employee was lying you somehow want to rewrite that that the media is lying??? That makes no sense, that isn't based in the real world on what actually happened.

And you are saying that you don't want to look at the details of your source? Is that because you would need to admit your earlier claim about the firing was a lie since it was DIRECTLY FROM YOUR SOURCE? That you need to keep your belief that reporting an alleged crime is a lie if that crimes isn't found to be true?

It seems you are using a VERY loose definition of lying here and are willing to lie yourself to maintain that position. Yet in the same breath you say you are looking for the truth.

Which is it? Why are you intentionally avoiding responding to those "lies" which clearly do not seem to fit any definition of the word, then doubling down that they are lies instead?

Last edited:

Looking at your list, others the media said "may have" insinuating a possibility that might have happened, not a fact. But that makes the list of a lie when it didn't happen?

Another is about a picture as part of a story about Melania's time illegally working in the US. And while the picture came from a later date, the editor of the porn magazine who ran the spread accidently told the media the wrong date which the media used from the source “It’s a mistake,” he said, explaining, “I don't keep issues of the magazines."...

But the documents showing her working in the US before her H1B visa was approved still exist.

They say "Various news outlets relied on that date to imply that Melania—an immigrant—had violated her visa status."

In reality the proof of the violation was ledgers, other accounting documents and a management agreement signed by Mrs. Trump from Metropolitan International Management.

How is that a lie? the editor of the magazine got the date wrong when he told the media. And the story itself was based on her work paperwork from the defunct modeling company she had worked for.

It seems like you are using that list not even educating yourself on it. Claiming you want the truth, and using an article that over and over seems to lie. Why are you so strongly for lying when it suits you? You've repeated your claim over and over based on that source, but as we can see here, that doesn't hold up.

Using lies to accuse someone of lying doesn't seem really something I care to debate. So I'm going to leave you on that one. Have a good day though.

So you are glad that they are correcting those mistakes when new information comes out. What do you think when that information comes out and Trump refuses to do the same?

Also many of those you don't know if it is a lie. If someone in the WH tells the media "X is going to happen" and the media reports "a WH employee said X is going to happen", and it comes out the WH employee was lying you somehow want to rewrite that that the media is lying??? That makes no sense, that isn't based in the real world on what actually happened.

And you are saying that you don't want to look at the details of your source? Is that because you would need to admit your earlier claim about the firing was a lie since it was DIRECTLY FROM YOUR SOURCE? That you need to keep your belief that reporting an alleged crime is a lie if that crimes isn't found to be true?

It seems you are using a VERY loose definition of lying here and are willing to lie yourself to maintain that position. Yet in the same breath you say you are looking for the truth.

Which is it? Why are you intentionally avoiding responding to those "lies" which clearly do not seem to fit any definition of the word, then doubling down that they are lies instead?
THEY
SHOULD
NOT
HAVE
TO
CORRECT
SO
MUCH

they should have to make their corrections with the same intensity as their mistakes. that may slow it down.

EnergizerBunny.jpg

wash post? oh - these guys:

WaPo Admits Inaccuracies in Its Reporting About Covington High School Students
Washington Post Inaccuracies - Doug's Brief Case
'Fake News' And How The Washington Post Rewrote Its Story On Russian Hacking Of The Power Grid
Washington Post fact checker
The Washington Post: Wrong Again!
Washington Post Corrects "Inaccuracies" In Trump's Air Force One Tweet

thank you for proving why i don't trust people this wrong, this often. if i screwed up my job this much i'd get fired.

What are you saying of those 9000 is a lie? Are you saying one of the tweets they screenshot is not true and can compare it to his actual account? Are you saying when they source a government source where their facts contradict trumps claim that they infiltrated a .gov site to create a fake page?

Those are pretty major claims to just throw out without actually looking at them even. Or do you just HOPE that is the case and have no factual basis that any are in fact wrong?

What are you saying of those 9000 is a lie? Are you saying one of the tweets they screenshot is not true and can compare it to his actual account? Are you saying when they source a government source where their facts contradict trumps claim that they infiltrated a .gov site to create a fake page?

Those are pretty major claims to just throw out without actually looking at them even. Or do you just HOPE that is the case and have no factual basis that any are in fact wrong?
i am saying i simply won't dig too deep into the media hype about trump.

are you hoping they are right? and when not allow this "correction" on page 13 of the evening edition while their "inaccuracies" were in 10" print P1?

i have no illusions around trump. the media either. both are flawed at best usually. but i'm not going to take a side because i FUCKING HATE that ANY president is at war with our media and the big O started all this shit. i hated his media antics and i hate trumps.

NO PRESIDENT should tell the media what is or isn't news. but "we the people" shouldn't swallow shit we want to hear cause we want it to be true. so you can continue to take my distrust of the media as some jacked up validation of trump or you can realize i have them separate and don't require myself like one and hate the other.

there are some old school journalists out there i follow. sharyl attkisson being one. when others speak out about how bad the media has gotten and they're fed up - i slide them over to the "good" side.

the media is not here to tell us how to feel but they've taken that upon themselves to not report the news but be the news.

that's bullshit and dangerous.

given the wapo has been caught lying and agenda driven countless number of times, no i don't believe them any longer.

are you hoping they are right? and when not allow this "correction" on page 13 of the evening edition while their "inaccuracies" were in 10" print P1?

i have no illusions around trump. the media either. both are flawed at best usually. but i'm not going to take a side because i FUCKING HATE that ANY president is at war with our media and the big O started all this shit. i hated his media antics and i hate trumps.

NO PRESIDENT should tell the media what is or isn't news. but "we the people" shouldn't swallow shit we want to hear cause we want it to be true. so you can continue to take my distrust of the media as some jacked up validation of trump or you can realize i have them separate and don't require myself like one and hate the other.

there are some old school journalists out there i follow. sharyl attkisson being one. when others speak out about how bad the media has gotten and they're fed up - i slide them over to the "good" side.

the media is not here to tell us how to feel but they've taken that upon themselves to not report the news but be the news.

given the wapo has been caught lying and agenda driven countless number of times, no i don't believe them any longer.

So what you are saying is that you will believe the media in this case, even though multiple times in the SAME STORY it's been proven to be a lie and there are no corrections to it, but rather maintaining a lie that even the most basic look into them can debunk their claim. But in the same exact sentence use that lie to call out the media over perceived lying?

I'm sorry but THAT is bullshit and dangerous. You are saying that you know that article is a lie, yet choose to believe it, so you can just ignore the post out of hand rather than educate yourself on Trumps lies?

So why do you like Sharyl Attkinson? Is it because she says what you like to hear? Or because you know that she lies to you and won't bother even issuing a correction to them?

I mean isn't she the person who showed a video of her delete key stuck as proof that she was being hacked by the government.... I mean what about someone with a stuck delete key turning that into a story about how the Government is hacking her computer as she speaks is real journalism to you? And the cable out of her box. Like our government forgot that she has internet as a method to hack her, and went back to the 1970's and hardwired in from her backyard.

But yeah, the government deleting her files at 190 letters a minute or whatever that rate was, which just happened to be the same exact speed if you hold delete. They hacked in by holding her delete button down, not actually you know... wiping her files.

She's the one that said her parting from CBS was amicable right? Until someone offered her money to write a book and they that lie was rewritten.

She's the one debunked for trying to peddle lies about fake studies connecting vaccines to autism right?

So why do you like proven liars for your media sources? Is it because they say things you like to hear and more important to you than the truth are lies you can kinda force yourself to believe if you squint hard enough and close your eyes to facts around them?

So what you are saying is that you will believe the media in this case, even though multiple times in the SAME STORY it's been proven to be a lie and there are no corrections to it, but rather maintaining a lie that even the most basic look into them can debunk their claim. But in the same exact sentence use that lie to call out the media over perceived lying?

I'm sorry but THAT is bullshit and dangerous. You are saying that you know that article is a lie, yet choose to believe it, so you can just ignore the post out of hand rather than educate yourself on Trumps lies?

So why do you like Sharyl Attkinson? Is it because she says what you like to hear? Or because you know that she lies to you and won't bother even issuing a correction to them?

I mean isn't she the person who showed a video of her delete key stuck as proof that she was being hacked by the government.... I mean what about someone with a stuck delete key turning that into a story about how the Government is hacking her computer as she speaks is real journalism to you? And the cable out of her box. Like our government forgot that she has internet as a method to hack her, and went back to the 1970's and hardwired in from her backyard.

But yeah, the government deleting her files at 190 letters a minute or whatever that rate was, which just happened to be the same exact speed if you hold delete. They hacked in by holding her delete button down, not actually you know... wiping her files.

She's the one that said her parting from CBS was amicable right? Until someone offered her money to write a book and they that lie was rewritten.

She's the one debunked for trying to peddle lies about fake studies connecting vaccines to autism right?

So why do you like proven liars for your media sources? Is it because they say things you like to hear and more important to you than the truth are lies you can kinda force yourself to believe if you squint hard enough and close your eyes to facts around them?
when you wish to talk w/o the attacks, i'll talk. but so far you keep mischaracterizing what i am saying so you can go off on me and i just don't play that game.

bullshit and dangerous is blindly believing the media cause they say what you want to hear and defending that by attacking other viewpoints. WaPo has been busted time and again and destroyed their cred. if you're ok with that and choose to still believe them, great.

i don't believe them.

take it as you will.

when you wish to talk w/o the attacks, i'll talk. but so far you keep mischaracterizing what i am saying so you can go off on me and i just don't play that game.

Again, you are not debunking ANY of the facts I am bringing up. Just changing the subject when they are brought up or using logical fallacies as your defense.

You are not saying anything about them so yes, I am forced to assume you are accepting those lies when you won't try and discuss them but rather turn the attention elsewhere. You aren't saying "well yes, she lies, but I like her lies", or "Yes the facts show she lies, so I agree, and don't think I will listen to her", or "No I don't believe those facts and will choose not to educate myself on them so I can continue to read her writing". I'm forced to assume your response since you just try and distract to something else.

If you want to drop the topic, fine. You already seem to be trying that by trying to distract with this rather than answer any of the questions of why you choose a known liar.

In fact, screw it. I get your game. When countered with fact, you go silent, don't respond and try to change the subject. That's not a debate. That's you sticking with the lie. Sorry bud, don't need that. Have a good day, I really have no desire to debate someone who intentionally lies or intentionally will cover up for liars.

Last edited:

Again, you are not debunking ANY of the facts I am bringing up. Just changing the subject when they are brought up or using logical fallacies as your defense.

You are not saying anything about them so yes, I am forced to assume you are accepting those lies when you won't try and discuss them but rather turn the attention elsewhere. You aren't saying "well yes, she lies, but I like her lies", or "Yes the facts show she lies, so I agree, and don't think I will listen to her", or "No I don't believe those facts and will choose not to educate myself on them so I can continue to read her writing". I'm forced to assume your response since you just try and distract to something else.

If you want to drop the topic, fine. You already seem to be trying that by trying to distract with this rather than answer any of the questions of why you choose a known liar.

In fact, screw it. I get your game. When countered with fact, you go silent, don't respond and try to change the subject. That's not a debate. That's you sticking with the lie. Sorry bud, don't need that. Have a good day, I really have no desire to debate someone who intentionally lies or intentionally will cover up for liars.
you said he lied 9000 times. i asked for a list of those lies.

you pointed to WaPo and i pointed out their "inaccuracies". the rest of your questions are "loaded" with answers already attached in many cases that i never provided. so no - i do not feel like wandering through your anger issues to discuss things like this.

and since i've not really said much yet, what are you so worked up over? "chose a known liar" so to speak? i have said yes trump does like a lot and speak w/o verification and it's annoying as fuck. but please, ignore that and continue on w/rage. it's cute on you.

calm down beavis and we can talk. rant and rave and i simply move on.

Name three of those lies

Forum List

Back