The ONLY way to fund the government is to

Obamacare is a done deal.

If you don't like it, try to make it better

Its terrible legislation. But until the dems and obozo admit that it is a terrible bill, then the only option is for the GOP to refuse to pay for it with OUR money.

How can the GOP "make it better" when the dems control the senate and the whitehouse and refuse to discuss any changes?

It may be a "done deal" but it is a terrible deal for america and its entirely on the dems. This will hurt the dem party for a long long time.

It is terrible. There were much better options that we were not able to consider. What is clearly evident is we need to get employers out of the healthcare business. Employers do not want it and employees should not have employers make healthcare decisions for them

As a minimum, we need a government option. Let the government serve the role that employers now do and negotiate the best rate with insurance companies. A better option is to have the Government act as your insurance company

The government handles my mail, but UPS and FEDEX do a better job. Can you tell me about any government program that could not be done better and at less cost by the private sector?

Well......

Cost-shifting was starting to crush Private Health Insurance. So yeah, there was a crisis.

But if the government had just done what you proposed, it would have been cut down quite a bit.

One of the major problems with Private Health Care is Lawyers.

Know the differences between a Catfish and a Lawyer?

One is a bottom feeding, slimy, scum-sucking slimewad and the other one is a fish.

In some cases down here, Gynecologists are paying $200,000 a year for malpractice.

In places like Minnesota, it's one-tenth of that. Why? Because some States have strict Tort-Reform and some don't.

It depends on who runs the State.... The People or scum-sucking Lawyers.

Charlie Crist? They guy who got defeated by Marco Rubio in that incredible Senate election we had here in Florida? It took us a little while to figure out he (Crist) was a RINO dirtbag and he confirmed when he lost and went to work for the biggest Ambulance Chasing Firm in the State. Maybe in the Country.

They've driven rates up out of this world in this State. Every five minutes they've got an Ad on TV. And you can't listen to the Radio anymore because he's got an Ad between every song.

All Insurance Companies do is take in "X" amount of premium and pay out "Y" amount of claims. Not complicated.

But when they're spending BILLIONS defending frivolous lawsuits; when Juries are handing out stupid Jury Decisions, when......

It costs a Billion Dollars to bring a new drug to Market and another Billion Dollars to defend against lawsuits. Fact.

What's the ACA gonna do about that? If these drugs are tested and approved by the US FDA (they are) how come it isn't the Feds who are getting sued? Answer.... Good luck suing the Federal Government.

IOW, there's no "Tort Reform" in the ACA.

And THAT is one thing that makes it a joke more than anything else.

dimocraps are stupid

valid points about lawyers, malpractice, and tort reform. Lots of "protective testing" is done to try to prevent malpractice suits.

A OB/GYN friend of mine retired at 55 because of what his malpractice insurance was costing him---and he never had one case filed against him.

Don't PLEASE don't bring in the Malpractice insurance costs... less then 3% and that is the straw man argument ACA defenders use!

IT IS THE $850 Billion your OB/GYN filed in claims because of FEAR of lawsuits!
Remember Medicare/Insurance companies PAY THESE claims out of premiums and taxes we pay!
WHY did 90% of doctors attest they do defensive medicine? Fear of lawsuits and by the way less then 6% go to trial!
Settled out of court STILL adds to the $850 billion figure!

So WHY were tanning salons taxed 10% in ACA but lawyers ??? because lawyers donated 90% of the $300 million in 2008 to Obama and Democrats!
So what about taxing lawyers 10% of their $270 billion?
Use that to pay a premium of $5,000 a year for the TRULY 4 million that WANT and need health insurance?
Then audit hospitals so they don't send sometimes with 6,000% markup over costs, claims to Medicare to recoup uninsured!
Watch then how quickly the $850 billion figure drops and the rarity of the 300 to 6,000% markups by hospitals!

That's why Malpractice Lawyers spend more money on TV Ads than any other Advertisers I can think of.... Because there's no money in it.

Right.

Every State that has had Tort Reform passed has seen Health Care costs go down. Sometimes, not right away but over a period of years it inevitably drops by a fair amount.

Then there's the "Slip and Fall" Lawyers that are infesting our system like parasites.

And the 'defensive medicine' strategy where Doctors and Hospitals conduct procedures and do tests for the sole reason of being able to say, "We tested for that" or, "We looked for that" if and when they get sued by some scumbag lawyer.

Why do you think you can buy Health Insurance 20 Miles from the Mayo Clinic for $1,200 a year but have to pay $5,000 a year for the same coverage in New Yawk?

Why?

Insurance is a "Cost Based Industry".

The cost of insurance isn't 'Market Based' or demand based, it's cost-based.

They takes it in with one hand and they pays it out with another.

And one of the MAJOR costs of Insurance of any kind in this Country is Lawyers.

You need to understand that. It is a fact. I don't give a fuck what the eggheads in University Studies say....

I'm talking about people being able to buy Health Insurance around the corner from one of the best Hospitals on Earth for one-quarter what it costs them to buy it in a Big City where you're likely to lay in the E-Room and bleed out before an Intern gets to you.

Why is that? Because of what I just told you.... Out of control Lawyers.

They're parasites

Why waste time moulding an old turd..plant a new tree.

That makes alot of sense

Why don't Republicans tell us what the new tree will look like before we chop down the old one?

the old one has to be killed before its roots take over the entire landscape. Kill it first, then put in some new healthy trees.

If we let obamacare go to full implementation, there will be no stopping it. It will continue its destruction of our economy which has already begun.

Unacceptable answer

You want to repeal Obamacare? Provide us with a plan for something better. There is nothing preventing Republicans from developing a superior plan other than the fact that they want healthcare available to only the rich

BTW, its not a done deal for congress-----if its so great why did they exempt themselves?

Its not a done deal for the unions-----they want it repealed

Its not a done deal for big business-----they got a delay waiver

So, who is it a done deal for RW?

It's a done deal because of the power of the presidential veto.

its terrible legislation. But until the dems and obozo admit that it is a terrible bill, then the only option is for the gop to refuse to pay for it with our money.

How can the gop "make it better" when the dems control the senate and the whitehouse and refuse to discuss any changes?

It may be a "done deal" but it is a terrible deal for america and its entirely on the dems. This will hurt the dem party for a long long time.

it is terrible. There were much better options that we were not able to consider. What is clearly evident is we need to get employers out of the healthcare business. Employers do not want it and employees should not have employers make healthcare decisions for them

as a minimum, we need a government option. Let the government serve the role that employers now do and negotiate the best rate with insurance companies. A better option is to have the government act as your insurance company

the government handles my mail, but ups and fedex do a better job. Can you tell me about any government program that could not be done better and at less cost by the private sector?

nasa

Its terrible legislation. But until the dems and obozo admit that it is a terrible bill, then the only option is for the GOP to refuse to pay for it with OUR money.

How can the GOP "make it better" when the dems control the senate and the whitehouse and refuse to discuss any changes?

You may think it's a bad deal, the quality of healthcare could plummet, wait times will probably increase, and government costs to cover healthcare for all will undoubtably go up. However, despite all the problems and the Democrats hands all over this bill, they will still find a way to blame Republicans when it doesn't meet up with all the people were promised.

It is terrible. There were much better options that we were not able to consider. What is clearly evident is we need to get employers out of the healthcare business. Employers do not want it and employees should not have employers make healthcare decisions for them

As a minimum, we need a government option. Let the government serve the role that employers now do and negotiate the best rate with insurance companies. A better option is to have the Government act as your insurance company

The government handles my mail, but UPS and FEDEX do a better job. Can you tell me about any government program that could not be done better and at less cost by the private sector?

The Post Office will pick a letter up at my house and deliver it to a house in California for under 50 cents. Will UPS or FEDEX do that?

Law enforcement AKA police and courts, FBI, etc.
Fire departments.
Roads and Highways.
Customs and Tariffs.
Medicare.
Social Security.
Parks and Recreation.
Elections.
Licenses.

All you have to ask is do you want this handed over to a profit driven enterprise? If the answer is no then the government does a better job than the private sector.

Medicare vs. private health insurance.

Nobody cares.

ACA is not going to be defunded.

So if it is not defunded, single payer becomes a reality.

If it becomes a reality this will be a single payer nation.

Single payer means ONE payer i.e. government.

This means the 1,300 current Payers i.e. health insurance companies are out of business.
That means NO $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local taxes.
That means 400,000 people out of work.
That means insurance companies' reserves i.e. stocks bonds, etc. are sold.
That means the market for these assets (nearly $1 trillion) owned by these companies. Poof!

Therefore Lower TAX REVENUES to be made up by how???

I am far more concerned about 320 million folks' health than that of the economic well fare of 400 thousands folks whose share holders brought this on themselves.

Many of the 400K will find work in the government administering the system.

The rest can retrain.

This situation was brought on by a health insurance that made untold riches by denying insurance to sick people. Fuck em.

Nobody cares.

This means the 1,300 current Payers i.e. health insurance companies are out of business.
That means the market for these assets (nearly $1 trillion) owned by these companies. Poof!

I am far more concerned about 320 million folks' health than that of the economic well fare of 400 thousands folks whose share holders brought this on themselves.

The rest can retrain.

This situation was brought on by a health insurance that made untold riches by denying insurance to sick people. Fuck em.

The billion dollar health insurance industry goes out of business....breaks my heart

What is the Republican plan to contain health care costs and improve levels of coverage so that all or at least most Americans have health care coverage?

What is the Republican plan?

Lets see, remove regulation obstacles and allow healthcare to compete across state lines. Then there's the F.E.H.B. program which sounds like a good plan. Whichever plan is chosen as the alternate, I'm sure you wouldn't have Federal employees and unions scrambling and calling on Obama for an exemption. Anytime a Federal employee becomes worried about the upcoming government plan, speaks volumes. Especially if Obama has to turn to Hollywood actors to play a performance role, in trying to instill confidence among voters and young Americans.

Medicare vs. private health insurance.

you obviously have not dealt with medicare

The rest can retrain.

The billion dollar health insurance industry goes out of business....breaks my heart

and all those employees on the unemployment rolls. market crash when insurance stocks plummet.

but fear not, a GS7 with a GED will now be handling your healthcare---from a phone bank in Bangladesh.

Nobody cares.

The rest can retrain.

bullshit, medical insurance companies make around 5% profit. why not attack big pharma that is making 35% ? but no, big pharma supports obama and will do just fine under obozocare.

you silly dimbulb libs have no idea what this if going to do to YOU

The rest can retrain.

and all those employees on the unemployment rolls. market crash when insurance stocks plummet.

but fear not, a GS7 with a GED will now be handling your healthcare---from a phone bank in Bangladesh.

They add nothing to a patients healthcare. All insurance does is act as a middle man who tacks on an enormous overhead which generates wealth for the corporations

Everyday workers will find work elesewhere in the health field. It is the mega wealthy insurance CEOs who will take the hit

<Why would a GS-7 be in Bangladesh? That is where our insurance companies phone banks are located>

http://static.squarespace.com/stati...Sheet #3 Overhead Costs of Health Care V2.pdf

Medicare, the publicly managed plan for the elderly in the United States, spends 5 percent of each health care dollar on administrative expenses, compared with the 17 percent devoured by private insurers on average. This is because private companies spend more on marketing, often pay exorbitant salaries to executives, and take a cut of each health care dollar for profits and company reserves. Cutting out private insurance overhead saves at least 10% of every health care dollar spent in countries with a public insurance plan

Hospital and Physician Overhead
Hospitals and physicians incur enormous overhead expenses because they must deal with dozens of private insurance companies, as well as with many individuals who have to be billed directly for care not covered by insurance. The result is a large billing department at every hospital and an enormous percentage of every physician, nurse, and technician&#8217;s time lost to paperwork.

What is the Republican plan to contain health care costs and improve levels of coverage so that all or at least most Americans have health care coverage?

What is the Republican plan?

I don't consider myself a republican, but here's what I'd do.

Communities would agree to pay the cost of medical school for selected students in return for 10 years of community service. This policy would create real competition in the medicine business and assure adequate medical care for the community.

The US military has a similar model. It works very well.

Forum List

Back