The ONLY way to fund the government is to

Nobody cares.

ACA is not going to be defunded.

So if it is not defunded, single payer becomes a reality.

If it becomes a reality this will be a single payer nation.

Single payer means ONE payer i.e. government.

This means the 1,300 current Payers i.e. health insurance companies are out of business.
That means NO $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local taxes.
That means 400,000 people out of work.
That means insurance companies' reserves i.e. stocks bonds, etc. are sold.
That means the market for these assets (nearly $1 trillion) owned by these companies. Poof!

Therefore Lower TAX REVENUES to be made up by how???

I am far more concerned about 320 million folks' health than that of the economic well fare of 400 thousands folks whose share holders brought this on themselves.

Many of the 400K will find work in the government administering the system.

The rest can retrain.

This situation was brought on by a health insurance that made untold riches by denying insurance to sick people. Fuck em.

THAT is so cliched! So OLD fashion! I can't believe your idiocy!

Not only that but like an ostrich buried head in the sand, YOU totally IGNORED what
the people who know best , Doctors told you when they said the insurance companies /Medicare pay out $850 billion more then necessary!

Yet you never never addressed that!
Fear of lawsuits cause doctors to do $850 billion in wasted duplicate tests, etc. and idiot before you jump that cliched old and out of date
comment "yea they are making money off it"... WHY in the f...k then would THEY be complaining about it?
You and others like you are TOTALLY ignoring ALSO the FACT: There are less the 4 million people that WANT and NEED insurance..
NOT the bogus 46 million of which 14 million are too lazy to register with Medicaid, 10 million that are NOT citizens and worse there
are 18 million THAT make enough to buy but don't have a need to buy!

But idiots like you taking the rare exceptional situation presented by the totally ignorant MSM and Obama included don't know shit!
Insurance/Medicare pay out $850 billion a year all because of fear of lawsuits!
SO WHY are you defending the lawyers that make $270 billion a year out fears?

Take the 10% of lawyers income and use to buy the 4 million a $5,000 health insurance policy!
THAT GIVES everyone that wants insurance health insurance! $27 billion!
TAX the lawyers and pay the premium you f...king idiots have NO IDEA how simple that can be done and implemented and when
it does The FACT hospitals won't be able to overcharge some by 6,000% Medicare and the FACT $850 billion will be reduced easily
by $100s of billions... YOU are so stupid you can't see this!

This means the 1,300 current Payers i.e. health insurance companies are out of business.
That means the market for these assets (nearly $1 trillion) owned by these companies. Poof!

I am far more concerned about 320 million folks' health than that of the economic well fare of 400 thousands folks whose share holders brought this on themselves.

The rest can retrain.

This situation was brought on by a health insurance that made untold riches by denying insurance to sick people. Fuck em.

Not only that but like an ostrich buried head in the sand, YOU totally IGNORED what
the people who know best , Doctors told you when they said the insurance companies /Medicare pay out $850 billion more then necessary!

Fear of lawsuits cause doctors to do $850 billion in wasted duplicate tests, etc. and idiot before you jump that cliched old and out of date
comment "yea they are making money off it"... WHY in the f...k then would THEY be complaining about it?
You and others like you are TOTALLY ignoring ALSO the FACT: There are less the 4 million people that WANT and NEED insurance..
NOT the bogus 46 million of which 14 million are too lazy to register with Medicaid, 10 million that are NOT citizens and worse there

But idiots like you taking the rare exceptional situation presented by the totally ignorant MSM and Obama included don't know shit!

Take the 10% of lawyers income and use to buy the 4 million a $5,000 health insurance policy!
TAX the lawyers and pay the premium you f...king idiots have NO IDEA how simple that can be done and implemented and when
it does The FACT hospitals won't be able to overcharge some by 6,000% Medicare and the FACT $850 billion will be reduced easily

The Japanese got into making cars for America in the 60s. They bought Banks, they bought Real Estate, they bought Movie Making companies, Industrial and Manufacturing and Drug Companies; they bought anything and everything American they could get their hands on -- Except Insurance Companies.

Know why? Because most Insurance Companies are Not-For-Profit. And the few that are For-Profit have such a low ROI or ROE that the Japanese weren't and still aren't interested.

dimocraps are just simply stupid. There's no arguing with them. They too stupid to know when they've lost. They don't even know what they don't know.

This whole thing is a lie.

Remember the Stuttering Clusterfuck telling us about how his mommy died because she didn't have Insurance?

A complete and utter LIE.

She had Health Insurance. What she didn't have was "Disability Insurance".

The "No Loss No Gain" portion of Group Insurance didn't apply to Disability Insurance.

She had Health Insurance. And obama, like every other dimocrap, is a lying sack of shit.

Obama?s mother had health insurance, according to biography - Washington Post

Remember the Stuttering Clusterfuck saying, "If you like your plan, you can keep it"? Another lie.

Remember the Executive Order he issued to mollify Pro Life democrats in the House that banned the ACA from paying for abortions?

A lie. They never even tried to pretend that wasn't a lie from the get.

Remember how it was supposed to make premiums go down?

dimocraps lie. Its what they do. it's who they are.

Lying scumbags. ALL of them

The rest can retrain.

Your repeated reposting of the same cut and paste has nothing to do with the point he is trying to make

The rest can retrain.

bullshit, medical insurance companies make around 5% profit. why not attack big pharma that is making 35% ? but no, big pharma supports obama and will do just fine under obozocare.

you silly dimbulb libs have no idea what this if going to do to YOU

Insurance companies have something called a medical loss ratio.

"the loss ratio is the ratio of total losses incurred (paid and reserved) in claims plus adjustment expenses divided by the total premiums earned.[1] For example, if an insurance company pays $60 in claims for every $100 in collected premiums, then its loss ratio is 60% with a profit ratio/margin of 40% or $40."

"As of 2007, the average US medical loss ratio for private insurers was 81% (a 19% profit ratio)."

"the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 now mandates minimum MLRs of 85% for the large group market and 80% for the individual and small group markets.[7] Insurers that do not spend 80-85% of their premiums in health care costs must now issue rebates to consumers."

Loss ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Medicare is very efficient. About 98 to 99 percent of their revenue goes out in paying claims."

A Q&a On The Health Care Industry | Sick Around America | FRONTLINE | PBS

See the difference?

Don't like Obamacare?

Will your business be damaged by the associated costs and regulations?

Will your hours and income be cut because your employer can't afford the costs?

Will you lose your job because your employer can't afford the cost of keeping you?

Will you not get a job because the job you want is no longer available because of the ACA?

Are you losing your plan?

Are you losing your doctor?

Is your plan getting weaker?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tough shit, too bad.

Nyah nyah.

(I think I have the proper response nailed!)

nyah-nyah.jpg

The rest can retrain.

Your repeated reposting of the same cut and paste has nothing to do with the point he is trying to make

I repeat because people seem to ignore THESE FACTS!
These are the realities! $850 billion a year in "defensive medicine" ... physicians attest that is the case!

But the idiot concerned about HOW MANY??? 320 million folks' health ??

Where does he come up with that number???
Current USA population is: 316 million NOT 320 million! Population Clock
2nd again HOW Many people HAVE some form of HEALTH coverage???
Here are the FACTS!
PolitiFact | AFP ad says premiums will rise under Obamacare

"Employers provide most of the insurance in this country. About 60 percent of everyone under 65 is covered through
either a large-group or small-group plan, according to the Employee Benefits Research Institute, an independent think tank.
So how many people are under age 65?
http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf
there are 268.4 million under 65.. 60% is 161 million..
About 22 percent of people under 65 are with a government program, or a total of 60 million.
That means under 65 there are 221 million people insured through company or government.
about 7 percent of entire USA population are covered by private insurance / individual market.. or: 21 million people:
That adds up to 241 million that have government or group or private insurance.
Medicare:
"In 2011, Medicare covered 40.4 million aged 65
http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...eports/ReportsTrustFunds/downloads/tr2012.pdf
241 million covered by Govt.group/private
40.4 million on Medicare.
281.4 million covered.
Total of 282 million of 316 million is 90%...
So THAT LEAVES 33 million SUPPOSEDLY UNINSURED!!!
Of the 33 million!
18 million don't want don't need health insurance so why are they counted??
That leaves 15 million of the supposedly 33 million uninsured!
BUT 10 million are NOT citizens!!!
That leaves 5 Million that are uninsured!
BUT WAIT!!!
14 million that say they are uninsured DON"T KNOW they are covered by Medicaid!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
The Census never told them they qualified for Medicaid and so these 14 million are counted as uninsured.

So where in the f...k are the 46 million or even 33 million or even 5 MILLION that are truly uninsured that want insurance ?

The rest can retrain.

bullshit, medical insurance companies make around 5% profit. why not attack big pharma that is making 35% ? but no, big pharma supports obama and will do just fine under obozocare.

"the loss ratio is the ratio of total losses incurred (paid and reserved) in claims plus adjustment expenses divided by the total premiums earned.[1] For example, if an insurance company pays $60 in claims for every $100 in collected premiums, then its loss ratio is 60% with a profit ratio/margin of 40% or $40."

"As of 2007, the average US medical loss ratio for private insurers was 81% (a 19% profit ratio)."

"the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 now mandates minimum MLRs of 85% for the large group market and 80% for the individual and small group markets.[7] Insurers that do not spend 80-85% of their premiums in health care costs must now issue rebates to consumers."

"Medicare is very efficient. About 98 to 99 percent of their revenue goes out in paying claims."

See the difference?

do you know the difference between gross profit and net profit? If not, then you are not qualified to enter this discussion.

the 19% in your quote is before expenses, its called gross profit. Ever hear of corporate income taxes? they come out of gross profit. net profit for for-profit insurance companies is around 5%. For mutuals and other non-profits its zero. they exist to break even--------unlike the govt which exists to lose money.

Redfish clearly is not telling the truth. Where is his evidence for 5%? Where is his evidence that all of the 19% is gross profit.

We will not tolerate far right reactionary BS.

What is the Republican plan to contain health care costs and improve levels of coverage so that all or at least most Americans have health care coverage?

What is the Republican plan?

I don't consider myself a republican, but here's what I'd do.

Communities would agree to pay the cost of medical school for selected students in return for 10 years of community service. This policy would create real competition in the medicine business and assure adequate medical care for the community.

The US military has a similar model. It works very well.

WHY????
The problem isn't doctors! The problem is $850 billion a year which is a FACT!
Spent as the doctors admit for DEFENSIVE MEDICINE! OUt of fear of lawsuits!
What is the problem folks???
Almost $1 trillion in wasted duplicate tests,etc. Drs say they do !
That should be the number one problem to fix!
See people evidently don't know how insurance works so another simple illustration!
You see your doctor who fearing you might have a lawsuit refers you to have a CAT scan.
Go to local hospital and the cost to the hospital to do the scan $57. They bill the insurance company $3,463!
You think I'm making that up?

Florida Hospital Tampa 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, FL 33613
In 2011 Hospital in Tampa sent Medicare 1,362 claims for CAT scan no contrast.
Each claim averaged $3,463, i.e. what the hospital billed Medicare...
The hospital's ACTUAL COSTS to perform the CAT SCAN was $57 a mark up 5,975.44%

Do you understand NOT all hospitals markup by 6,000% BUT most markup easily 400% or more when billing Medicare! And Medicare accepts that because of EMTALA!

Just one example of WASTE fraud that makes up the $850 billion so why mess around with "more doctors"?

Redfish clearly is not telling the truth. Where is his evidence for 5%? Where is his evidence that all of the 19% is gross profit.

it was in the cite that carbonpaper posted. read it.

But I have a question for you. do you approve of congress being exempt from obamacare? do you approve of obama and his staff being exempt? do you approve of the employer mandate being delayed while the individual mandate will hit all of us next month?

if you don't know the answers ask Jimmy Hoffa Jr.

Health insurance companies usually target a 5.00% net profit margin, leaving little room for error. Try calling a local office of a major insurer -- as I occasionally have to do for clients -- and you'll find they're working on skeleton crews.

Net profit margins, 2012

Humana: 3.12%
https://www.google.com/finance?cid=656414

United: 5.00%
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:UNH&ei=6aw4UsCTOKKeiQKjyQE

WellPoint 4.30%
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:WLP&ei=ja04UvjFL6K5iwL9mwE

Aetna 4.53%
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:AET&ei=0a04Uti1KsW5iwL2twE

CIGNA 5.58%
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:CI&ei=Aa44UqCSLoaUiQKaWw

See the difference?

do you know the difference between gross profit and net profit? If not, then you are not qualified to enter this discussion.

the 19% in your quote is before expenses, its called gross profit. Ever hear of corporate income taxes? they come out of gross profit. net profit for for-profit insurance companies is around 5%. For mutuals and other non-profits its zero. they exist to break even--------unlike the govt which exists to lose money.

Nothing you said is relevant.

Your private insurance companies are paying out 80 cents on every dollar of premium and Medicare is paying out 98 cents.

That makes Medicare more efficient, a better deal, and NOT a money loser.

Your private insurance companies are paying out 80 cents on every dollar of premium and Medicare is paying out 98 cents.

That makes Medicare more efficient, a better deal, and NOT a money loser.

Medicare pays a fraction of what private insurance companies pay, which is why Medicare doctors have to either (1) "budget" only a portion of their practice for Medicare clients because they represent a loss, and/or (2) leave Medicare altogether, which is happening at an alarming rate right now. Ask a senior who's looking for a Medicare doc how their search is going.

So Medicare's "efficiency" is nothing more than than a vastly uneven playing field.

Obamacare is a done deal.

If you don't like it, try to make it better

It is not up to us republicans to offer alternatives. We stand for the principal that the system was just fine before Obamacare. We, the workers who are not in the 47%, are valuable, and our employers will bargain with us to provide healthcare. Medicare and Medicaid should be capped, to grow only at the rate of gnp. Those workers, and malingerers, who are not valuable are not a concern. Besides, no one goes w/o hc because ER's treat them.

(I posted sarcastly, but you know, it dawns on me that that really is the gop poisition. Not that I'm a big obamacare fan.

So many things could be done to make it better, but Republicans aren't interested in that. They just want to scrap it and go back what we had, a system spinning out of control with no end in sight, where before long, nobody would be able to afford health insurance.

And even if you can afford it, that wouldn't stop the insurance company from rescinding or canceling your policy and/or denying a benefit. Or claiming "pre-existing condition".

The rest can retrain.

See the difference?

WHAT??? "As of 2007, the average US medical loss ratio for private insurers was 81% (a 19% profit ratio)."

ARE YOU a f...king idiot? (19% is NOT the f...king profit dumb fuck!
Total forget salaries, computers, taxes... and AFTER all that the AVERAGE insurance companies NET Profits BEFORE TAXES are:
I've posted several times before about the profitability of the "Health Care Plans" industry, see posts here and here, and reported previously that the health insurance industry ranked #86 by profit margin out of 215 industries, at 3.3%.
CARPE DIEM: Health Insurance Companies Rank #88 by Industry Profit Margin, Earning $100-200 on Avg. per Policy

MEDICARE DOESN"T PAY ONE SINGLE CLAIM!!! There are NO medicare workers processing claims!

Those same insurance companies that YOU blasted are doing the processing for MEDICARE!!!

Through Medicare, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) sets the rules for the country, but Medicare claims processing happens in regional areas.
CMS contracts with private companies, called Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), to process Medicare claims. MACs have replaced the former system of fiscal intermediaries (who processed Part A claims) and the local carriers (who processed Part B claims).

As Medicare contractors, MACs may develop or adopt policies in the following circumstances:

When no national coverage determination regarding a specific procedure exists. (Basically, national coverage determination refers to a nationwide determination of whether Medicare will pay for a service or not.)
How to Code and Process Medicare Claims - For Dummies

"About 98 to 99 percent goes out in paying claims."?????

IDIOT!!! Go to this Report instead of GUESSING!!!
http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...eports/ReportsTrustFunds/Downloads/TR2013.pdf
It's the Trustees Report for 2012 Dumb f...k!

• Table III.B1.—Statement of Operations of the HI Trust Fund during Calendar Year 2012
  • Total Revenue $243,045,900
  • Total Expenditures $266,840,864
  • gain/ (loss) ($23,794,964)
  • Table III.C1.—Statement of Operations of the Part B Account in the SMI Trust Fund during Calendar Year 2012
  • Total Revenue $227,015,425
  • Total Expenditures $240,482,305
  • gain/ (loss) ($13,466,880)

• Total Revenue $470,061,325
  • Expenditures $570,323,169
  • Gain/(Loss) $(37,261,844)

SO explain how Medicare is efficient if their costs are $37 million more then their revenue??
This below doesn't make any sense!
B]"Medicare is very efficient. About 98 to 99 percent of their revenue goes out in paying claims."[/B]

I would say if an profit insurance company had a loss of $37 million THEY WOULDN"T BE ABLE To sell in any states!
YOU can't sell if you don't have reserves and reserves come from profits!

But of course total dumb f..ks like you don't understand simple financial statements! Dumb shit... do some research LIKE I do!

Last edited:

So many things could be done to make it better, but Republicans aren't interested in that. They just want to scrap it and go back what we had, a system spinning out of control with no end in sight, where before long, nobody would be able to afford health insurance.

And even if you can afford it, that wouldn't stop the insurance company from rescinding or canceling your policy and/or denying a benefit. Or claiming "pre-existing condition".

They can't do that. They just can't cancel an Individual Health Policy willy-nilly. Not unless they want to pay an ENORMOUS fine to the Insurance Commissioner.

Pre-existing conditions aren't a problem if you've kept your Health Insurance in force continuously for the last year.

I'm not gonna call you a dummy, but you should know better.

And now you do. So don't repeat inaccurate information, m-kay?

But I have a question for you. do you approve of congress being exempt from obamacare? do you approve of obama and his staff being exempt? do you approve of the employer mandate being delayed while the individual mandate will hit all of us next month?

I proved that government run healthcare is more efficient than private sector healthcare. You get more for your money;

why would you be against that?

See the difference?

WHAT??? "As of 2007, the average US medical loss ratio for private insurers was 81% (a 19% profit ratio)."

ARE YOU a f...king idiot? (19% is NOT the f...king profit dumb fuck!
Total forget salaries, computers, taxes... and AFTER all that the AVERAGE insurance companies NET Profits BEFORE TAXES are:
I've posted several times before about the profitability of the "Health Care Plans" industry, see posts here and here, and reported previously that the health insurance industry ranked #86 by profit margin out of 215 industries, at 3.3%.
CARPE DIEM: Health Insurance Companies Rank #88 by Industry Profit Margin, Earning $100-200 on Avg. per Policy

MEDICARE DOESN"T PAY ONE SINGLE CLAIM!!! There are NO medicare workers processing claims!

Those same insurance companies that YOU blasted are doing the processing for MEDICARE!!!

Through Medicare, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) sets the rules for the country, but Medicare claims processing happens in regional areas.
CMS contracts with private companies, called Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), to process Medicare claims. MACs have replaced the former system of fiscal intermediaries (who processed Part A claims) and the local carriers (who processed Part B claims).

As Medicare contractors, MACs may develop or adopt policies in the following circumstances:

When no national coverage determination regarding a specific procedure exists. (Basically, national coverage determination refers to a nationwide determination of whether Medicare will pay for a service or not.)
How to Code and Process Medicare Claims - For Dummies

"About 98 to 99 percent goes out in paying claims."?????

IDIOT!!! Go to this Report instead of GUESSING!!!
http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...eports/ReportsTrustFunds/Downloads/TR2013.pdf
It's the Trustees Report for 2012 Dumb f...k!

• Table III.B1.—Statement of Operations of the HI Trust Fund during Calendar Year 2012
  • Table III.C1.—Statement of Operations of the Part B Account in the SMI Trust Fund during Calendar Year 2012

SO explain how Medicare is efficient if their costs are $37 million more then their revenue??
This below doesn't make any sense!
B]"Medicare is very efficient. About 98 to 99 percent of their revenue goes out in paying claims."[/B]

I would say if an profit insurance company had a loss of $37 million THEY WOULDN"T BE ABLE To sell in any states!
YOU can't sell if you don't have reserves and reserves come from profits!

But of course total dumb f..ks like you don't understand simple financial statements! Dumb shit... do some research LIKE I do!

Nothing you said is relevant.

Medicare is 98% efficient. Private companies don't come close to that.

You can pretend otherwise all you want, but we already know you are delusional.

Stop embarassing yourself.

I proved that government run healthcare is more efficient than private sector healthcare. You get more for your money;

why would you be against that?

NET Profit is defined as AFTER ALL Expenses and before TAXES!

You said 19% net profit????

Then YOU stupidly use PBS figures (PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT by the way!
AND YOU can't even go to this document FROM the Trustees and see that Medicare LOST $37 million!
HOW is that EFFICIENT????

It's the Trustees Report for 2013 Dumb f...k!

A LOSS OF $37 million IDIOT!!!
Be more accurate ...

Forum List

Back