The ONLY way to fund the government is to

So many things could be done to make it better, but Republicans aren't interested in that. They just want to scrap it and go back what we had, a system spinning out of control with no end in sight, where before long, nobody would be able to afford health insurance.

And even if you can afford it, that wouldn't stop the insurance company from rescinding or canceling your policy and/or denying a benefit. Or claiming "pre-existing condition".

They can't do that. They just can't cancel an Individual Health Policy willy-nilly. Not unless they want to pay an ENORMOUS fine to the Insurance Commissioner.

Pre-existing conditions aren't a problem if you've kept your Health Insurance in force continuously for the last year.

I'm not gonna call you a dummy, but you should know better.

And now you do. So don't repeat inaccurate information, m-kay?

Preexisting conditions are not an issue unless you have to change jobs. Fixed it for you,

I proved that government run healthcare is more efficient than private sector healthcare. You get more for your money;

why would you be against that?

Since you're so well-versed on Medicare, I'd love to know your plan for dealing with the fact that thousands of doctors are leaving Medicare due to low and slow reimbursement, making it more and more difficult every day for seniors to find a provider.

Precisely.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

And even if you can afford it, that wouldn't stop the insurance company from rescinding or canceling your policy and/or denying a benefit. Or claiming "pre-existing condition".

They can't do that. They just can't cancel an Individual Health Policy willy-nilly. Not unless they want to pay an ENORMOUS fine to the Insurance Commissioner.

Pre-existing conditions aren't a problem if you've kept your Health Insurance in force continuously for the last year.

Preexisting conditions are not an issue unless you have to change jobs. Fixed it for you,

That is completely and utterly false.

In fact, I'd call it a lie but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you may not be well informed enough.

In which case, you shouldn't be making uninformed posts.

your assertion is FALSE

More docs with less student loan baggage. Actually, the one thing about Obamacare that really does make sense is using marketshare to force providers to take less per medical procedure. Unfortately, it does nothing to reduce the amout of consumption per patient/consumer.

Redfish clearly is not telling the truth. Where is his evidence for 5%? Where is his evidence that all of the 19% is gross profit.

We will not tolerate far right reactionary BS.

it was in the cite that carbonpaper posted. read it.

But I have a question for you. do you approve of congress being exempt from obamacare? do you approve of obama and his staff being exempt? do you approve of the employer mandate being delayed while the individual mandate will hit all of us next month?

if you don't know the answers ask Jimmy Hoffa Jr.

I proved that government run healthcare is more efficient than private sector healthcare. You get more for your money;

you don't even understand how medicare works, do you? Please do some research and then come back.

is the post office that loses billions every year more efficient than fedex and UPS that make a profit every year? Is DOD spending efficient? The govt is not efficient in anything that it does.

In fact, I'd call it a lie but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you may not be well informed enough.

your assertion is FALSE

For self employed it is. Further, if a person gets laid off, and coverage lapses, they are again subject to the 12 mo exclusion, assuming they find new employment.

Last edited:

Since you're so well-versed on Medicare, I'd love to know your plan for dealing with the fact that thousands of doctors are leaving Medicare due to low and slow reimbursement, making it more and more difficult every day for seniors to find a provider.

Precisely.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Medicare doesn't send out Bills, they don't collect premiums. Plus, they don't pay Bills and they don't process Claims if there is a Private Carrier involved (78% of the time) and they don't underwrite. And their Customer Service just downright SUCKS. You are FAR better off calling your Private Supplement Carrier for answers if you have one. If not, you just gotta suck on it until Medicare finds the time to talk to you.

All of that is done by Private Carriers.

The Premiums are collected by Social Security. There is no underwriting -- Virtually EVERYBODY qualifies that gets Social Security.

There's nothing for them to do. No wonder their Profit Margin is so high.

Also there's the fact that Medicare has a VERY high loss ratio due to fraud. MUCH higher than in Private Insurance -- 8 to 10%, which is INCREDIBLY high

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...roskam-says-medicare-fraud-rate-8-10-percent/

Redfish clearly is not telling the truth. Where is his evidence for 5%? Where is his evidence that all of the 19% is gross profit.

We will not tolerate far right reactionary BS.

it was in the cite that carbonpaper posted. read it.

But I have a question for you. do you approve of congress being exempt from obamacare? do you approve of obama and his staff being exempt? do you approve of the employer mandate being delayed while the individual mandate will hit all of us next month?

if you don't know the answers ask Jimmy Hoffa Jr.

I asked if you approved of congress and the administration being exempt from obamacare. do you?

I asked if you approved of obama violating the provisions of the law by delaying the employer mandate. do you?

Insurance companies have something called a medical loss ratio.

"the loss ratio is the ratio of total losses incurred (paid and reserved) in claims plus adjustment expenses divided by the total premiums earned.[1] For example, if an insurance company pays $60 in claims for every $100 in collected premiums, then its loss ratio is 60% with a profit ratio/margin of 40% or $40."

"As of 2007, the average US medical loss ratio for private insurers was 81% (a 19% profit ratio)."

"the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 now mandates minimum MLRs of 85% for the large group market and 80% for the individual and small group markets.[7] Insurers that do not spend 80-85% of their premiums in health care costs must now issue rebates to consumers."

Loss ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Medicare is very efficient. About 98 to 99 percent of their revenue goes out in paying claims."

A Q&a On The Health Care Industry | Sick Around America | FRONTLINE | PBS

See the difference?

WHAT??? "As of 2007, the average US medical loss ratio for private insurers was 81% (a 19% profit ratio)."

ARE YOU a f...king idiot? (19% is NOT the f...king profit dumb fuck!
Total forget salaries, computers, taxes... and AFTER all that the AVERAGE insurance companies NET Profits BEFORE TAXES are:
I've posted several times before about the profitability of the "Health Care Plans" industry, see posts here and here, and reported previously that the health insurance industry ranked #86 by profit margin out of 215 industries, at 3.3%.
CARPE DIEM: Health Insurance Companies Rank #88 by Industry Profit Margin, Earning $100-200 on Avg. per Policy

MEDICARE DOESN"T PAY ONE SINGLE CLAIM!!! There are NO medicare workers processing claims!

Those same insurance companies that YOU blasted are doing the processing for MEDICARE!!!

Through Medicare, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) sets the rules for the country, but Medicare claims processing happens in regional areas.
CMS contracts with private companies, called Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), to process Medicare claims. MACs have replaced the former system of fiscal intermediaries (who processed Part A claims) and the local carriers (who processed Part B claims).

As Medicare contractors, MACs may develop or adopt policies in the following circumstances:

When no national coverage determination regarding a specific procedure exists. (Basically, national coverage determination refers to a nationwide determination of whether Medicare will pay for a service or not.)
How to Code and Process Medicare Claims - For Dummies

"About 98 to 99 percent goes out in paying claims."?????

IDIOT!!! Go to this Report instead of GUESSING!!!
http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...eports/ReportsTrustFunds/Downloads/TR2013.pdf
It's the Trustees Report for 2012 Dumb f...k!

• Table III.B1.—Statement of Operations of the HI Trust Fund during Calendar Year 2012
  • Total Revenue $243,045,900
  • Total Expenditures $266,840,864
  • gain/ (loss) ($23,794,964)
  • Table III.C1.—Statement of Operations of the Part B Account in the SMI Trust Fund during Calendar Year 2012
  • Total Revenue $227,015,425
  • Total Expenditures $240,482,305
  • gain/ (loss) ($13,466,880)

• Total Revenue $470,061,325
  • Expenditures $570,323,169
  • Gain/(Loss) $(37,261,844)

SO explain how Medicare is efficient if their costs are $37 million more then their revenue??
This below doesn't make any sense!
B]"Medicare is very efficient. About 98 to 99 percent of their revenue goes out in paying claims."[/B]

I would say if an profit insurance company had a loss of $37 million THEY WOULDN"T BE ABLE To sell in any states!
YOU can't sell if you don't have reserves and reserves come from profits!

But of course total dumb f..ks like you don't understand simple financial statements! Dumb shit... do some research LIKE I do!

Nothing you said is relevant.

Medicare is 98% efficient. Private companies don't come close to that.

You can pretend otherwise all you want, but we already know you are delusional.

Stop embarassing yourself.

Do you know HOW totally STUPID YOU make your self LOOK when you say "Medicare is 98% efficient" WHEN
right above that in RED shows the Medicare Trustees REPORT that shows $37 million in MORE expenses then revenue!!!

GEEZ any person reading WHAT YOU guessed and then ABLE to go to the SOURCE from CMS I provided and see the tables that show a $37 million more in expenses then revenue... AND YOU CLAIM 98% efficient???

GEEZ I use to think you had a modicum of intelligence but when I see you "embarrassing" YOURSELF in even misspelling "embarrassing" (because YOU can't even see a little red dotted underline.. truly shows your ignorance!
For god's sake why can't you even see your spelling is wrong much less being so ignorant to claim 98% when the Trustees tell you Medicare had MORE expenses then revenue!

your assertion is FALSE

For self employed it is. Further, if a person gets laid off, and coverage lapses, they are again subject to the 12 mo exclusion, assuming they find new employment.

That is utterly false. About the self employed. Close to an outright lie, but completely and totally false in any case.

And what kind of IDIOT lets his/her coverage lapse?

Guess what? If, under obamacare, you get laid off from a firm that pays your Insurance now, under the new plan you can't take a chance and wing it. If you don't buy Insurance under obamacare, you get fined. A fine plus NO Insurance. Great, huh?

The current system is far from perfect. But obamacare is an abortion.

Know why? Born of the diseased minds of dimocraps. Fruit of the poisoned tree. Evil spawn.

We need something LIKE obamacare, we just don't need obamacare.

You're gonna see. I'm right on this

Last edited:
More docs with less student loan baggage. Actually, the one thing about Obamacare that really does make sense is using marketshare to force providers to take less per medical procedure. Unfortately, it does nothing to reduce the amout of consumption per patient/consumer.

"Marketshare"??? Where does that come in?
Again... PLEASE tell me why you think there is ANY need for Obamacare when I've PROVEN time and time again THERE is LESS then 4 million people that WANT and NEED health insurance?

You don't seem to believe that 18 million people that make over $50k per year don't want to buy health insurance that costs them more then what they spend per year out of pocket! Why do you want to force THEM to buy health insurance?

Then you also don't seem to believe that 14 million when asked if they had health insurance SAID NO but they didn't know their
poverty level allows them to just register for Medicaid!

Finally you want 10 million people that have invaded the USA to be covered by health insurance?

That totals 42 million that when subtracted from what Obama said was "46 million uninsured" leaves 4 million!
So for 1% of the population you want to destroy health insurance programs for 99%?

When the simple solution already exists!
Take $20 billion a year and pay the premium for the 4 million that are means tested by hospitals when they go to the
hospitals for services and they are uninsured!
THEN force the hospitals NOT to pad sometimes 6,000% claims to Medicare/insurance companies and send the claims
to the insurance company set up to manage the uninsured program.
AND the premium PAID by taxing Lawyers $27 billion because they cause the $850 billion in "defensive medicine"!

Again... PLEASE tell me why you think there is ANY need for Obamacare when I've PROVEN time and time again THERE is LESS then 4 million people that WANT and NEED health insurance?

You don't seem to believe that 18 million people that make over $50k per year don't want to buy health insurance that costs them more then what they spend per year out of pocket! Why do you want to force THEM to buy health insurance?

Then you also don't seem to believe that 14 million when asked if they had health insurance SAID NO but they didn't know their

Finally you want 10 million people that have invaded the USA to be covered by health insurance?

That totals 42 million that when subtracted from what Obama said was "46 million uninsured" leaves 4 million!
So for 1% of the population you want to destroy health insurance programs for 99%?

Take $20 billion a year and pay the premium for the 4 million that are means tested by hospitals when they go to the
THEN force the hospitals NOT to pad sometimes 6,000% claims to Medicare/insurance companies and send the claims
AND the premium PAID by taxing Lawyers $27 billion because they cause the $850 billion in "defensive medicine"!

saying you've proven something don't necessarily get it done.

I don't think there's really any debate that an effect of Obamacare will be some providers, typically the very highest paid, will see a negative impact. The open question is whether that leads to a doc shortage. The other question is whether non-doc providers, eg nurse practitioners, will provide adequate service in some instances.

I don't think there's really any debate that an effect of Obamacare will be some providers, typically the very highest paid, will see a negative impact. The open question is whether that leads to a doc shortage. The other question is whether non-doc providers, eg nurse practitioners, will provide adequate service in some instances.

Tell me something... How in the hell can you trust "CMS" if they can't even figure out how many people really want and need
health insurance?
Do you not believe there are 18 million people that DON"T want health insurance so why should they be forced to buy it?
Do you not believe 14 million people that CMS evidently haven't told they are covered under poverty levels by Medicaid?
And you really want 10 million people that invaded the USA covered?

There are ONLY 4 million when you subtract 18 million that don't want, 14 million that don't know, and 10 million illegals!

That simple number to me if too complicated for CMS to figure out indicates to me how can they run 1/6th of the economy!

Medicare pays a fraction of what private insurance companies pay, which is why Medicare doctors have to either (1) "budget" only a portion of their practice for Medicare clients because they represent a loss, and/or (2) leave Medicare altogether, which is happening at an alarming rate right now. Ask a senior who's looking for a Medicare doc how their search is going.

Better than if they were privately insured, actually.

Figure 1: Percentage of Physicians Accepting New Patients with Medicare and Private Insurance, 2005-2012
image001.gif

Meanwhile, per capita Medicare spending growth in 2012 fell to 0.4%, a historic low.

The number of physicians accepting Medicare has grown by nearly 30,000 in the last year.

What the Journal didn't report is that, per CMS, the number of physicians who agreed to accept Medicare patients continues to grow year-over-year, from 705,568 in 2012 to 735,041 in 2013.

Tell me something... How in the hell can you trust "CMS" if they can't even figure out how many people really want and need
health insurance?
Do you not believe there are 18 million people that DON"T want health insurance so why should they be forced to buy it?
Do you not believe 14 million people that CMS evidently haven't told they are covered under poverty levels by Medicaid?
And you really want 10 million people that invaded the USA covered?

There are ONLY 4 million when you subtract 18 million that don't want, 14 million that don't know, and 10 million illegals!

That simple number to me if too complicated for CMS to figure out indicates to me how can they run 1/6th of the economy!

How much does it cost to treat 18 million people in ER's instead of primary care doctors?

Forum List

Back