The Outrage Pimps

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
Erick Erickson...the man so nice they named him twice...wrote an Op Ed at Red State about the Outrage Pimps (many of whom like to hang out here).

The Loyal Opposition

[...]We have too many outrage pimps on both sides of the aisle whipping the respective bases into a frenzy and fury against the other side. I don’t have enough time or energy to be outraged about it all. There are things to be outraged by, but not everything, and certainly not with full energy dedicated to every perceived slight and grievance.

What I am finding is that among conservatives there is too much outrage, piss, and vinegar. It makes our ideas less effective. We have become humorless, angry opponents of the President instead of happy warriors selling better ideas. We are not even selling ideas.

Conservatives, frankly, have become purveyors of outrage instead of preachers for a cause. Instead of showing how increasing government harms people, how free markets help people, and how conservative policies benefit all Americans, we scream “Benghazi” and “Fast & Furious.”

We’re off key and off message. We’ve become professional victims dialed up to 10 (more like 11) on the outrage meter. Who the hell wants to listen to conservatives whining and moaning all the time about the outrage du jour? Seriously? Mitt Romney ran a campaign on just how bad things are, but he was rejected by a majority of Americans who felt like he really did not care about them and really had no plans to improve their lives.[...]

And if you must be angry, don’t be angry at a President doing what he set out to do, be angry at a Republican Establishment not doing . . . well . . . much of anything.​

Are Conservatives Rethinking The Fox News Outrage Model?

One can hope...

Ryan presented a plan. The left villified him for it.
The left continaully brings up racism and the GOP...knowing dam well that conservatives look to conserve the consititution and the constitution portects all races equally.

Just two reasons alone as to why the GOP is not gleefully selling ideas. Their opponenets continually villify them. They have no reason to "play nice".

The left continaully brings up racism and the GOP...knowing dam well that conservatives look to conserve the consititution and the constitution portects all races equally.

Just two reasons alone as to why the GOP is not gleefully selling ideas. Their opponenets continually villify them. They have no reason to "play nice".

Agree...They are usually such pleasant chaps

on both sides RW. During the Bush years, the left side of the aisle pretty much villified Bush no matter what he said or did. They most certainly werent pleasant chaps either.

Seems many forgot that.

Yes, it's only the left that does any vilifying at all, right?

I'll quote the esteemed Mr. Erickson...

Be mad at me if you need to. Feel free to express your moral outrage and indignity at me. But then shut up and focus on convincing people not that the President of the United States duly elected by a majority of the American people is a traitor willfully trying to destroy the country, but that our policies will allow people to make the most of their lives and not be dependent on the rising and falling fortunes of Washington, D.C.

"We have too many outrage pimps on both sides of the aisle whipping the respective bases into a frenzy and fury against the other side. I don’t have enough time or energy to be outraged about it all. There are things to be outraged by, but not everything, and certainly not with full energy dedicated to every perceived slight and grievance."

Couldn't agree more. One of the primary reasons partisan ideologues have zero credibility. You can't tell what's real and what's showbiz, and ultimately you just don't care.

my favorite 'Outrage Pimp'.....:lol:

"What difference at this point does it make?"
article-benghazi2-0123.jpg

Compared to sleepy time, NPR boredom talk, outrage is preferable!

Don't let anyone tell you to calm down, there's a reason you're outraged!

If anyone could point out a recent "success" sponsored and brought about by Republicans that benefitted all of the country, I would be more than willing to listen to their other ideas.

The problem as I see it for the rehtugs, is that they have no success's to sell. Their wars were not successful, their abortion ideas, their love of the ultra rich etc etc.

They do sell a lot of hate. But not enough people are buying it. Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.

Rush Limbaugh has made millions spouting his daily outrage

on both sides RW. During the Bush years, the left side of the aisle pretty much villified Bush no matter what he said or did. They most certainly werent pleasant chaps either.

Seems many forgot that.

dude our outrage was real.

allowed us to be hit on our own soil.

Lied us into Iraq war.

Spend the budget surplus

held back all the broker rules in the GLB act

crashed the world economy

to name a few.

Let's keep it on topic and not be trolling outrage pimps.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter who the president is, he will be vilified by the other side. Democrats are starting early vilifying anyone who might even run for president on the republican ticket. The reason is, the left refuses to be governed by republicans and republicans refuse to be ruled by democrats. The nation exists as a united nation in name only.

Forum List

Back