The PC Police go after Zoolander 2!

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
This just keeps getting better. The original Zoolander came out before this country went nuts:

'Zoolander 2' Is Pissing People Off And It’s Not Even In Theaters Yet

"Zoolander 2" doesn't hit theaters until February, but thousands of people are already calling for a boycott of the film.

Last month, a petition launched on Care2 asking for people to boycott the comedy starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson because of its "offensive representation of non-binary individuals." Benedict Cumberbatch appears in the movie as an androgynous model who is questioned by Stiller and Wilson.

The petition reads: In the "Zoolander 2" trailer, an androgynous character played by Benedict Cumberbatch is asked by Zoolander and Hansel if he is a ‘male or female model’, and if they ‘have a hot dog or a bun’. Additionally, Cumberbatch’s character is clearly portrayed as an over-the-top, cartoonish mockery of androgyne/trans/non-binary individuals. This is the modern equivalent of using blackface to represent a minority.

The potential visuals at the picket lines are fabulous!

DerekZoolanderFerrari.jpg

These new generation bedwetters should just start sleeping in a body of water.

I love this movie!

Don't even get me started!!!!!

I hope the 2nd one is as good or better!

and there is not joke about Owen Wilson being hot.. he's hot... so cute... yum!

This just keeps getting better. The original Zoolander came out before this country went nuts:

"Zoolander 2" doesn't hit theaters until February, but thousands of people are already calling for a boycott of the film.

Last month, a petition launched on Care2 asking for people to boycott the comedy starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson because of its "offensive representation of non-binary individuals." Benedict Cumberbatch appears in the movie as an androgynous model who is questioned by Stiller and Wilson.

The petition reads: In the "Zoolander 2" trailer, an androgynous character played by Benedict Cumberbatch is asked by Zoolander and Hansel if he is a ‘male or female model’, and if they ‘have a hot dog or a bun’. Additionally, Cumberbatch’s character is clearly portrayed as an over-the-top, cartoonish mockery of androgyne/trans/non-binary individuals. This is the modern equivalent of using blackface to represent a minority.

I've never heard of either the movie or the protest. Think maybe paying it this kind of attention is ... just maybe .... exactly what they want?

Damn slow news day....

I've never heard of either the movie or the protest. Think maybe paying it this kind of attention is ... just maybe .... exactly what they want?

Damn slow news day....

Pogo - you are entirely too intellectual for this movie.....

I have to watch this movie now. But I have no one to watch it with (hubby thinks it's stupid)
But I did get him to watch (and like!) Happy Gilmore!

I love this movie!

Don't even get me started!!!!!

I hope the 2nd one is as good or better!

Never saw it.

Stiller isnt' nearly the actor his parents were, and not overly fond of Owen.

(His brother is far better)

Together?

Not worth the time

Damn slow news day....

Why thank you -- that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me that wasn't lewd and lascivious. :D

Damn slow news day....

Why thank you -- that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me that wasn't lewd and lascivious. :D

It's entirely hilarious but you do have to dumb you brain down a bit if you can to appreciate it :)

Oh dear a petition signed by .00008 of the public clearly shows a growing problem o_O

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Damn slow news day....

Its an obscure online petition on an obscure website.

Damn slow news day....

Its an obscure online petition on an obscure website.
nothing is too obscure or petty for don macxiote and his hobby horse.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Forum List

Back