🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Personhood of the unborn needs to be settled

The issue of "survivability" is an ignorant argument. An infant cannot survive without the care of another. Should we be able to kill them too? How about hospital patients? If you're going to qualify someone as a human being simply by one's ability to be self sufficient you're opening up one big goddamn can of worms.

Ordinary care is obligatory for all persons, including infants. So no, you can't just kill them. Has nothing to do with being self-sufficient. Viability is the point where the organism has the all the bodily functions that sustain life (even though infants cannot provide for themselves).

So by your logic, the victim of a car accident with 2 collapsed lungs, therefore NOT having all of the bodily functions to sustain life, should just be left to die?

Now you're just being obtuse. No, you can't let this one just die either. The treatment to re-inflate the lungs would fall under ordinary care in any emergency room and they would be obliged to treat the victim.

The issue of "survivability" is an ignorant argument. An infant cannot survive without the care of another. Should we be able to kill them too? How about hospital patients? If you're going to qualify someone as a human being simply by one's ability to be self sufficient you're opening up one big goddamn can of worms.

Ordinary care is obligatory for all persons, including infants. So no, you can't just kill them. Has nothing to do with being self-sufficient. Viability is the point where the organism has the all the bodily functions that sustain life (even though infants cannot provide for themselves).

So by your logic, the victim of a car accident with 2 collapsed lungs, therefore NOT having all of the bodily functions to sustain life, should just be left to die?

Now you're just being obtuse. No, you can't let this one just die either. The treatment to re-inflate the lungs would fall under ordinary care in any emergency room and they would be obliged to treat the victim.

No, I'm extending your logic to it's natural conclusion. You just don't like where it leads. If you're going to claim that a person only has the right to live on the basis of their ability to self-sustain, then this is what you get.

I find it interesting that you keep using the term "ordinary care". What could POSSIBLY be more ordinary then the human gestational process? It's literally how every single human being is produced.

Is it alive? Is it human life?

The only two possibilities are, parasite or human being.

Vote, unless you can come up with another classification.

Once again a conservative tells gives us an either/or choice, neither of which is correct, and then says there are no other choices.

The other possibility is that this decision is the most personal and private a woman can make, and conservative MEN would utterly strip women of all personhood when it comes to the most personal and private decision a woman can make.
It blows my mind that these same conservatives are screaming about personal responsibility and griping bitterly about welfare, yet when a woman determines that she is not financially or personally capable of taking care of a child for 18 years, that is somehow evil.
They want to destroy and shut down Planned Parenthood, which provides the most comprehensive and accessible birth control information and PREVENTION of any organization in the country.
When a would-be parent exercises personal responsibility regarding those issues, conservatives want to stop them.

Conservatives believe that "personal responsibility" you speak of should happen before the pregnancy...you support it happening after the pregnancy. Listen to how retarded that sounds.
No birth control method is 100% and we are also human. Shit happens, even to the best of us, even with the best of intentions.
If you are pretending that everyone should be abstinent, LOL

With the recent ruling in Alabama regarding abortion, and the eventual path towards SCOTUS to settle the issue, the obvious thing to do is to define what exactly the unborn is, something Roe vs. Wade shied away from doing. After all, the reason blacks were mistreated under the Constitution was because they were not identified as equals, they were 3/5 a human being.

There are but two possibilities from my vantage point.

1. They are a parasite, defined as an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism

2. Or they are a human being.

Which camp do you fall in?
They are not a person.

Lets play stupid and pretend we don't know what a fetus becomes....Lets play stupid and pretend we don't know what's inside an eagles egg.
No need to play stupid. The key word is becomes. Not is. And it night never become. Most pregnancies do not.

Hey look...I'm not debating the hair splitting twisted semantics you whackos hide behind to justify your filth...That said, do you think it's odd that you defend an eagles egg the way you do?
I totally defend an eagle's right to raise its egg. Likewise I totally support a woman's right to bear her child. I oppose forced abortions on any woman.
It's not as if a woman having an abortion would force the human race to extinction, as breaking eagle eggs might.
The eagles have come back VERY nicely up here, btw.

No, I'm extending your logic to it's natural conclusion. You just don't like where it leads. If you're going to claim that a person only has the right to live on the basis of their ability to self-sustain, then this is what you get.

I find it interesting that you keep using the term "ordinary care". What could POSSIBLY be more ordinary then the human gestational process? It's literally how every single human being is produced.

Nope you're being as obtuse as possible from the moment you inferred viability means moms post birth care, like feeding.

I keep using it because is the law of the land. It applies to everyone, including those who survives birth as well as those who survive botched abortions. It is why the anti-choice SJWers have to lie about Democrats supporting infanticide.

With the recent ruling in Alabama regarding abortion, and the eventual path towards SCOTUS to settle the issue, the obvious thing to do is to define what exactly the unborn is, something Roe vs. Wade shied away from doing. After all, the reason blacks were mistreated under the Constitution was because they were not identified as equals, they were 3/5 a human being.

There are but two possibilities from my vantage point.

1. They are a parasite, defined as an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism

2. Or they are a human being.

Which camp do you fall in?

R v. W; settled law. That is what the swing vote must do, since the Chief Justice made the claim R v. W is settled law at his confirmation hearing.

Given the hypocrisy on the Right, you will claim "human being" in the matter of abortion, and parasite in the matter of immigration.

Nope you're being as obtuse as possible from the moment you inferred viability means moms post birth care, like feeding.

I keep using it because is the law of the land. It applies to everyone, including those who survives birth as well as those who survive botched abortions. It is why the anti-choice SJWers have to lie about Democrats supporting infanticide.

You don't get to throw out buzzwords only when they suit your narrative. YOU said, and I quote: "Viability is the point where the organism has the all the bodily functions that sustain life". An infant does not have the bodily functions necessary to sustain life. Neither do quadriplegics, the severely mentally challenged, victims of extreme trauma, or a plethora of other conditions. They ALL require the assistance and care of a 3rd party, therefore their lives are NOT viable by YOUR standards. And this is why your "viability" argument fails.

"Law of the land" is also a flawed argument. Slavery was once the law of the land too. Somehow I doubt you'd come running to it's defense.

Once again a conservative tells gives us an either/or choice, neither of which is correct, and then says there are no other choices.

The other possibility is that this decision is the most personal and private a woman can make, and conservative MEN would utterly strip women of all personhood when it comes to the most personal and private decision a woman can make.
It blows my mind that these same conservatives are screaming about personal responsibility and griping bitterly about welfare, yet when a woman determines that she is not financially or personally capable of taking care of a child for 18 years, that is somehow evil.
They want to destroy and shut down Planned Parenthood, which provides the most comprehensive and accessible birth control information and PREVENTION of any organization in the country.
When a would-be parent exercises personal responsibility regarding those issues, conservatives want to stop them.

Conservatives believe that "personal responsibility" you speak of should happen before the pregnancy...you support it happening after the pregnancy. Listen to how retarded that sounds.
No birth control method is 100% and we are also human. Shit happens, even to the best of us, even with the best of intentions.

Abortion was never presented in Roe as a method of birth control. That’s really what the debate is. When Row was argued no on was talking about birthing just the head, shoving a probe or forceps in its head, dismembering the corps and sucking it out with a vacuum pump. There also wasn’t a morning after pill you could buy at Walmart. There is zero need for abortion as it’s pushed now. None.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plan-B-O...-Emergency-Contraceptive-Tablet-1-Ea/29131740

So much care and concern for a human life, unless they are brown and on the ground..

A fetus prior to 22 weeks isn't viable to live outside the womb. The fetus is dependent on the woman's body. Therefore a woman has a right to decide whether to grow that fetus into a functioning human being or not. It's her body.

And I find it funny that Alabama and Georgia have our forth these abortion restrictions. But I haven't seen any bills put on the floor to provide additional services and education for when these fetuses are actually outside re womb.

Abortion was never presented in Roe as a method of birth control. That’s really what the debate is. When Row was argued no on was talking about birthing just the head, shoving a probe or forceps in its head, dismembering the corps and sucking it out with a vacuum pump. There also wasn’t a morning after pill you could buy at Walmart. There is zero need for abortion as it’s pushed now. None.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plan-B-O...-Emergency-Contraceptive-Tablet-1-Ea/29131740

Morning after pill isn't always effective. And most women don't use abortion as birth control. Accidents happen. Many women who have gotten pregnant by accident were taking precautions. Then you have rape victims.

If abortion is overturned we risk going back tot he days of coat hangers

Another interesting thing is, Republicans want less government but want to dictate a woman's reproductive rights.

An infant does not have the bodily functions necessary to sustain life

They breath. They eat. They poop. They grow. What more do they need?

Neither do quadriplegics, the severely mentally challenged, victims of extreme trauma, or a plethora of other conditions.

Presumably they all passed the personhood threshold long ago when they were born. Most probably have mothers and father who really care and love them, or did.

They ALL require the assistance and care

So what? I'm glad for them. I wish them all the best.

If an unborn human is emancipated then all humans under 18 will be emancipated also which only causes problems.

Morning after pill isn't always effective. And most women don't use abortion as birth control. Accidents happen. Many women who have gotten pregnant by accident were taking precautions. Then you have rape victims.

Bull shit and just the type of bull shit I would expect from a racist libtard. The only reason you people want abortion is to control the amount of black baby’s that are borne. That’s why y’all always have abortion clinics built in poor Black neighborhoods. Accidents happen? Inserting a penis into a vagina don’t happen on accident.

You’re going to do what LefTards do...hide behind the one percentile to justify your filth?

Last edited:

You’re going to do what LefTards do...hide behind the one percentile to justify your filth?
Hmm..I wonder how many abortions you’ve had performed?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back