The Poisoning of Flint, MI.

CY9Vk73UoAA93Lu.jpg

I read most of the thread and would have to agree with the Snyder antagonists It sounds as though Snyder knew of the frightful problem and ignored it. He should be impeached. BTW, I only recwall one link in the entire thread. Links help determine the truth. I wouldn't agree the Maddow is an origin of truth.

Over the past few weeks, Rachel Maddow has been covering the water situation in Flint, MI.

Snyder admin allowed Flint to drink toxic water despite warnings

Rick Snyder administration in Michigan new about reports of the toxicity of Flint's water while the town continued to drink it, resulting in the lead poisoning of some residents, including children, and even rejected Flint's democratically elected council's vote to change water sources.

Yes, they are videos but I highly recommend watching them. What the governor's office did borders on criminal negligence. They intentionally ignored warnings and tried to discredit those that came forward.

Children of Flint will have permanent damage from the lead poisoning caused by his gross negligence.
Obabble just appointed a Flint Rusty Water Czar...it might be Nancy Pelosii...her plumbing rusted a long time ago.

You would think, eh? Apparently lead poisoning has made everyone too stupid for it to occur to them to get the fuck out of there.

So, contrary to popular belief Some people can't afford to move based on the stupid fucking "cost saving" ideas that wingnut governors put their people through. Just imagine if your entire city were poisoned, where would all you little fuckers scamper off to?

Snyder's seat is getting hotter. Fun to watch him squirm. I hope to see hundreds of lawsuits. Those people were mistreated, and this is inexcusable. Its his job to keep track of things like this.

Did he force the residents to drink the tap water?

Pretty much, yeah.
Really? when and how did Rick Snyder go about doing this? Did he force the dumb fucks in flint to use lead plumbing too?

:uhh: Are you even paying attention? Do you know anything about this? Or are you just talking for the sake of hearing your own voice?

WTF are you babbling about? Or didn't you realize that lead wasn't introduced into the water supply naturally?

There is lead in most water pipes. What happened was that the water source was switched from lake water to river water. River water is more corrosive due to the higher levels of salt and must be treated before it enters the pipes or it will corrode them, releasing lead into the water.

The state KNEW that the lead levels were going up. Instead of doing something about it when they first learned of it, they tried to discredit all the people that pointed the fact out to them.

Gross and willful negligence poisoned the people of Flint.

Corrosive is the wrong word. The conductivity of the water is higher when higher chlorides are present, and that leads to higher chances of lead leaching into the water when it stands for too long in the pipes.

I read the water quality reports from August 2015 and the pH of the water was within normal tolerances of 7 (neutral). When you say corrosive you bring up images of the water burning people, which isn't the case at all.

Pretty much, yeah.
Really? when and how did Rick Snyder go about doing this? Did he force the dumb fucks in flint to use lead plumbing too?

:uhh: Are you even paying attention? Do you know anything about this? Or are you just talking for the sake of hearing your own voice?

WTF are you babbling about? Or didn't you realize that lead wasn't introduced into the water supply naturally?

There is lead in most water pipes. What happened was that the water source was switched from lake water to river water. River water is more corrosive due to the higher levels of salt and must be treated before it enters the pipes or it will corrode them, releasing lead into the water.

The state KNEW that the lead levels were going up. Instead of doing something about it when they first learned of it, they tried to discredit all the people that pointed the fact out to them.

Corrosive is the wrong word. The conductivity of the water is higher when higher chlorides are present, and that leads to higher chances of lead leaching into the water when it stands for too long in the pipes.

I read the water quality reports from August 2015 and the pH of the water was within normal tolerances of 7 (neutral). When you say corrosive you bring up images of the water burning people, which isn't the case at all.

Yes, in the end the most important thing is that you display your knowledge of water pH levels and that the word corrosive was used.

GM stopped using the water because it was corroding their car parts. Sounds corrosive to me.

Pretty much, yeah.

Yes, in the end the most important thing is that you display your knowledge of water pH levels and that the word corrosive was used.

GM stopped using the water because it was corroding their car parts. Sounds corrosive to me.

The word is technically correct, but you are using it to make it sound like the water was melting the mouths of the people drinking it.

Looking at the report, the chloride levels were around 80-90 mgl/l, far lower than NYC water's 11 mg/l but below what NYS considers a problem concentration of 250 mg/l.

The other thing progs are doing with this is making it sound like the water isn't treated at all. It is. The issue was they did not treat it to remove chlorides (or mask their affects) when they switched to the river water.

This is funny, its not the Democrats who ran the city into the dirt, its the Kulaks, Jews, 1%, Republicans.

Progs never change

Forum List

Back