The Post-Trump GOP

DO YOU WANT A CIVIL WAR? BECAUSE THIS IS HOW YOU GET A CIVIL WAR.

Sounds fun
We will kick your asses just like the last time
I would love to try.

(note the continual antagonism, practically begging us to start a war.)

That is what the Confederacy said
That was also 160 years ago.

Please tell me you don't actually believe that it would turn out the same way. Surely, you're not that stupid.

Sounds fun

So, you do want a civil war. Good to know. So, Rightwiner, any further complaints about some leftard getting run over by a car, or beat down by cops, will be met with laughter, because you have admitted that you want such shit and lots and lots more of it.

Must remember to ridicule RW, in this regard.

The most dangerous and functional faction operating from within the GOP gets almost no press. And absolutely no dialogue from the drones in any of these daily pages beyond pages of left/right false political paradigm type pablum. There's a lot of reasons for that, from simple incapability which is more often observed in the political wild, to fear of acknowledgment of genuine conservatives operating from within the party, the latter being a product of smut peddlers in mainstraam media who promote dysfunction and reality tv type news entertainment irrelevance to keep people dangling on strings rather than discussing competent leadership and major policy.

And for that I am grateful. When that train comes through, watch the heck out. There will be no warning. It's been rolling for a while, just gradually.

Last edited:
Republicans are being short sighted
Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.
But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever
Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

So you don't think the "psychos" will leave the Republican Party to the Moderates if they think its a quixotic effort to gain power?
I don't know. The Trumpsters have the power right now, and the job will be to marginalize them just enough.

Will that happen? I don't know. It may split the party in two literally, and you'll all receive Thank You Cards from the Democrats.

The damage is done, Trump did one heck of a job slamming main stream media and bringing out the true colors of the left.

Very true
Trump bred mistrust in the media. Exactly what most Dictators do in attacking a free press
No he didn't he just slammed it home, the media had there way for over 40 years telling half truths, or burry story's which by the way is deadlier then the truth.

Problem with the credibility of Trumps attacks on the media is that he is so shallow and so obvious.

He attacks the media that criticizes him and heaps adulation on those that praise him.

Let Fox dare to act like a legitimate news outlet and Trump throws a tantrum

Says teth man that still pretends that Trump said ws are very fine people.

Filthy liar.

You type with a lithp

lol!! A typo? That is all you've got?

Loser.

Sounds fun
I would love to try.

Please tell me you don't actually believe that it would turn out the same way. Surely, you're not that stupid.

Follow the money
The wealth of our nation is on the coasts

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.
But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever
Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

So you don't think the "psychos" will leave the Republican Party to the Moderates if they think its a quixotic effort to gain power?
I don't know. The Trumpsters have the power right now, and the job will be to marginalize them just enough.

Will that happen? I don't know. It may split the party in two literally, and you'll all receive Thank You Cards from the Democrats.

The damage is done, Trump did one heck of a job slamming main stream media and bringing out the true colors of the left.

Very true
Trump bred mistrust in the media. Exactly what most Dictators do in attacking a free press
No he didn't he just slammed it home, the media had there way for over 40 years telling half truths, or burry story's which by the way is deadlier then the truth.

Problem with the credibility of Trumps attacks on the media is that he is so shallow and so obvious.

He attacks the media that criticizes him and heaps adulation on those that praise him.

Let Fox dare to act like a legitimate news outlet and Trump throws a tantrum

Says teth man that still pretends that Trump said ws are very fine people.

Filthy liar.

You type with a lithp

lol!! A typo? That is all you've got?

Loser.
Drinking early my friend?
Cheers

What's next for the GOP?

A couple of very interesting pieces this morning. Interestingly, much of what they cover includes what we've been talking about here. The anti-Trump types like the Lincoln Project know damn well that he has a vice-like grip on the party, and will even have to consider running separate candidates, which we haven't really talked about here. The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.

At the same time, they did do better than expected down ticket (or was it the Democrats doing worse than expected?), so that just muddies the waters even more. So what do the next few years look like for the GOP?

Oh, for Trumpsters: Ignore all this, he won, "by a lot", they cheated, he'll stay in office, MAGA.
Wither goes both parties is certainly the story coming out. The dems failed to carry any gop state legislature (I'd say not surprised as even Pa and Wis were impossible reaches), and the dems congressional effort failed so miserably they kicked out the progressive running the effort and went back to centrist. Given that Biden won CONVINCINGLY, it seems the message is pretty clear. But given their 2020 losses of centrists who won Trump districts in 18 …. they may be on the road to a certain loss of control of the House in 22. And the senate hangs by a thread, even if the dems lose both of the ga seats. Something interesting to watch, anyway.

The gop imo is more complex. Trump got 47% of the vote, but as above, the gop skunked them in the House. The gop didn't lose anything. The Trumpanzees will never admit it, but the election showed at least some gopers didn't vote Trump, but voted gop in state and house races. That is … TRUMP UNDERPERFORMED. Maybe not many, but it inarguably happened in GA. GEORGIA. Does George Wallace ring a bell! BUT Trump was a winner with some latino men, and absolutely with Cuban americans. They skunked the dems effort with Puerto Ricans and the previously convicted African americans

SO, it seems to me, that the lesson of the election is that America voted for centrists who will compromise with one another in both parties.

The most dangerous and functional entity operating from within the GOP gets almost no press. And absolutely no dialogue from the drones in any of these daily pages beyond pages of left/right false pablum.

And for that I am grateful.

What entity is that?

Sounds fun
I would love to try.

Follow the money
Oh fuck, these losers would STARVE without the welfare and Medicaid paid for with taxes from the progressive NE and Left Coast.

Sounds fun

So, you do want a civil war. Good to know. So, Rightwiner, any further complaints about some leftard getting run over by a car, or beat down by cops, will be met with laughter, because you have admitted that you want such shit and lots and lots more of it.

I haven’t seen a liberal start a Civil War thread.......that would be sore loser MAGAs

But I laugh, because we would kick you asses

When I checked the website of the Dem's national convention in 2016, it took me 15 minutes of clicking around until I saw the first picture of a white male who wasn't obviously depicted as gay.

It's all nice and fine when Democrats care for the issues of non-whites and other minorities ... but if they give a damn about white workers, they shouldn't be surprised when 70% of them then vote for someone like Trump.
This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.

And, just as the Trumpsters are refusing to look clearly and honestly in the mirror, so is the Regressive Left. As I always say, the two ends of our political spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

We are NOT using mob violence to terrorize our enemies, and arresting people that defend themselves.

So, the similarities, are not very impressive.
He does not seem to care, and in fact has shown that he revels in the "fuck you" he is watching. I would conclude that he does not believe that we are dead fucking serious.

Texas is GONE. Leaving. It may not be this year, or next year, but the sentiment is real and serious. We are getting the fuck out one way or another. If it's peaceful, great. But, I suspect that the powerbrokers will not give up on the world's 10th largest economy that easily. I am at peace with that eventuality and will die for it.

I don't know how this will shake out

I do know that if they want to marginalize and oppress the single largest ethnic group in the country, that there will be civil unrest that will START at the level of the 60s and grow from there.

Sounds fun
I would love to try.

Follow the money
Oh fuck, these losers would STARVE without the welfare and Medicaid paid for with taxes from the progressive NE and Left Coast.

The welfare flows from blue states to red states

They will starve when the gravy train ends

And you wonder why we are angry.

An honest question: Why are you angry? And what are the grievances you want politicians to address?

1. Very angry.

2. At this time, IMO, this election was a referendum on whether people like me, are even allowed to have and/or advocate for their interests or if such behavior is taboo, to be shut down with all the means of oppress at the hands of the Left up to and including mob violence or arrest.

3. But I could go on for hours about more specific policies that I feel have been harmful to me and mine, which were only passed because of a complete contempt for people like me.

Sounds fun

I haven’t seen a liberal start a Civil War thread.......that would be sore loser MAGAs

Wayyyyell, we'un figgerd rat that even if Linkun didn't steal all our slaves, his 'lection sorta sealed the deal on slavery as an 'merican instahtushun. LOL

Sounds fun

My perspective in not so much on winner or losing, but on the horrific suffering and waste to be caused by hte conflict.

All because fuckers like you, feel a need to oppress people like me.

I hope karma is a real thing. Because you would have built up a mountain of karmic debt to pay off. And I hope I get to see it.

Sounds fun

My perspective in not so much on winner or losing, but on the horrific suffering and waste to be caused by hte conflict.

I hope karma is a real thing. Because you would have built up a mountain of karmic debt to pay off. And I hope I get to see it.
You are always so angry

Stop playing the victim and move on with your life.

Sounds fun
I would love to try.

Follow the money

The welfare flows from blue states to red states

They will starve when the gravy train ends
Not me, I luv them demorats … wuddn't marry one cause she'd argue, but overall they's nice folk. jus keep senden the yankee dollars. The confederate money ain't worth spit! LOL

Sounds fun

Wayyyyell, we'un figgerd rat that even if Linkun didn't steal all our slaves, his 'lection sorta sealed the deal on slavery as an 'merican instahtushun. LOL
This is the attitude that will keep the anger heightened to the point where Texas will finally leave.

So, keep it up.

:beer:

And you wonder why we are angry.

An honest question: Why are you angry? And what are the grievances you want politicians to address?

1. Very angry.

2. At this time, IMO, this election was a referendum on whether people like me, are even allowed to have and/or advocate for their interests or if such behavior is taboo, to be shut down with all the means of oppress at the hands of the Left up to and including mob violence or arrest.

3. But I could go on for hours about more specific policies that I feel have been harmful to me and mine, which were only passed because of a complete contempt for people like me.

So, what are people like who are "people like you", and what are your general interests?

If I understand you correctly, it's a matter of identity for you, is that right? What makes "people like you" different from people who supported Biden?

Sounds fun

You are always so angry

Stop playing the victim and move on with your life.
That's what we want to do. Let us move on.....as a separate nation....

Forum List

Back