The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Maybe you can answer the question... Which party controlled Congress for most of those years between 2001 and 2008? After that challenge, answer the question what GSE reform bills did Barney Frank block?

Thanks for playing. :thup:

i dont need to play; cuz i know you're a coward. but since we're on the subject; what corporate subsidies did Democrats even TRY to end in their 4 years as a majority of BOTH chambers of Congress?

by the way from DAY ONE in 2007 the Democrat majority was BIGGER THAN ANY REPUBLICAN MAJORITY BUSH HAD; and even DID have that FILIBUSTER-PROOF for 13 weeks. which is 13 weeks longer than Bush had.

thanks for playing though. ;)
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Notice how bedwetter doesn't want to answer my questions but does want to deflect.

How come?

Who controlled the Congress for most of those years and what Bill did Barney Frank block?

how am i deflecting idiot? i'm using YOUR logic

thanks for playing.........
The answers to my questions were ....

1. Republican
2. None

Again, thanks for playin'! :thup:

one more time, for the pathetic loser here.

this is why you're a joke (and everybody here knows what i'm about to say is true and has seen it themselves on these message boards);........................................when you say "controlled Congress" you are the very same kind of loser that INSISTS Democrats never "controlled Congress" on THEIR 4-YEAR SPAN AS MAJORITY OF BOTH CHAMBERS; on account they didnt have that filibuster or veto-proof majority; EVEN THOUGH FROM DAY ONE in January of 2007 the Democrat majority of both chambers WAS BIGGER THAN ANY REPUBLICAN MAJORITY BUSH HAD FOR THE TIME FRAME YOU KEEP MENTIONING.

why is it you expect Republican majorities that ARE SMALLER than Democrat majorities can accomplish what the LARGER Democrat majorities cant?????

idiots and hypocrites
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Hey, everybody :bye1: take a look at how fucking retarded bedwetter is ....

He says Democrats had a larger majority in 2007 than Republicans had in Bush's earlier years.

Is that true or is bedwetter just another rightarded imbecile? Let's check it out, shall we....?

Senate majority:
2001: Republican: 49/50; Democrat: 50 (control switched several times)
2003: Republican: 51
2005: Republican: 55
2007: Democrat: 49 (+2 Independents who caucused with Democrats)

Bedwetter was wrong about the Senate.

House majority:
2001: Republican: 220
2003: Republican: 229
2005: Republican: 233
2007: Democrat: 233

And bedwetter was wrong about the House.

Reaffirming that bedwetter is a flaming moron who knows nothing about that of which he speaks. :thup:

Where are your links? I don't put anything up unless there is substantiation that anyone can go a verify.
YOU???? YOU wrote all this didn't you??? Except this link:http://www.americanbanker.com/bankthink/gse-critics-ignore-loan-performance-1059187-1.html

which links you want dumbass? you denying any of it? lmaorog

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

2004 Republican Convention:

Another priority for a new term is to build an ownership society, because ownership brings security and dignity and independence.

Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all- time high.

(APPLAUSE)

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

June 17, 2004

Builders to fight Bush's low-income plan

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Home builders, realtors and others are preparing to fight a Bush administration plan that would require Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase financing of homes for low-income people, a home builder group said Thursday.

Home builders fight Bush's low-income housing - Jun. 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

WANT THE $440 BILLION F/F LINK? DUBYA CHANGING CLINTON'S RULE (AS F/F REGULATOR!!!) IN 2004 TO ALLOW SUBPRIMES TO BE COUNTED TOWARDS THE NEW GOALS OF 56% FROM 50%? LOL

PLEASE tell me what links you want!

FACTS on Dubya's great recession | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Where are your links? I don't put anything up unless there is substantiation that anyone can go a verify.
YOU???? YOU wrote all this didn't you??? Except this link:http://www.americanbanker.com/bankthink/gse-critics-ignore-loan-performance-1059187-1.html

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

Another priority for a new term is to build an ownership society, because ownership brings security and dignity and independence.

(APPLAUSE)

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

June 17, 2004

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Home builders, realtors and others are preparing to fight a Bush administration plan that would require Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase financing of homes for low-income people, a home builder group said Thursday.

THAT LINK?

WANT THE $440 BILLION F/F LINK? DUBYA CHANGING CLINTON'S RULE (AS F/F REGULATOR!!!) IN 2004 TO ALLOW SUBPRIMES TO BE COUNTED TOWARDS THE NEW GOALS OF 56% FROM 50%? LOL

FACTS on Dubya's great recession | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Any links where you are NOT stating YOUR opinion because who the f...k are YOU???

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

Any links where you are NOT stating YOUR opinion because who the f...k are YOU???
Now that you've been shown how Republicans gave us the policies which led to the collapse and Republicans were in charge of Congress during the critical years when Bush was asking them for GSE reform ... do you blame Republicans yet?

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

Now that you've been shown how Republicans gave us the policies which led to the collapse and Republicans were in charge of Congress during the critical years when Bush was asking them for GSE reform ... do you blame Republicans yet?

No I don't blame ALL the Republicans...Just those Republicans in Name Only (RINOs) that stupidly voted with Dems which DIDN'T allow the majority to work!

See unlike Democrats NOT all Republicans are mindless robots. Not all Republicans are also true conservatives. So when idiots like you Blame GOP you
ignorantly forget some idiot Republicans trying to appease the MSM vote with Democrats...remember that phrase "bipartisan"... ONLY works with GOP. Seldom
do you find the VAST MAJORITY of Democrats participating in "bipartisan" effort!

But these are my observations.

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

No I don't blame ALL the Republicans...Just those Republicans in Name Only (RINOs) that stupidly voted with Dems which DIDN'T allow the majority to work!

See unlike Democrats NOT all Republicans are mindless robots. Not all Republicans are also true conservatives. So when idiots like you Blame GOP you
ignorantly forget some idiot Republicans trying to appease the MSM vote with Democrats...remember that phrase "bipartisan"... ONLY works with GOP. Seldom
do you find the VAST MAJORITY of Democrats participating in "bipartisan" effort!

Oh? Which "Conservatives" voted for GSE reform?

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

MY OPINIONS DUMBASS?

Bush talked about reform. He talked and he talked. And then he stopped reform. (read that as many times as necessary. Bush stopped reform). And then he stopped it again

Testimony from Dubya's s Treasury Secretary John Snow to the REPUBLICAN CONGRESS concerning the 'regulation& of the GSE's 2003

September 10, 2003

Mr. (BARNEY) Frank: ...Are we in a crisis now with these entities?

Secretary Snow. No, that is a fair characterization, Congressman Frank, of our position. We are not putting this proposal before you because of some concern over some imminent danger to the financial system for housing; far from it

THE TREASURY DEPARTMENT'S VIEWS ON THE REGULATION OF GOVERNMENT SPONSORED ENTERPRISES (DUBYA'S EXECUTIVE BRANCH BUBBA)

September 10, 2003

Treasury Dept. Views on the regulation of government sponsored enterprises.

June 17, 2004

On December 16, 2003, President George W. Bush signed into law the American Dream Downpayment Initiative, which was aimed at helping approximately "40,000 families a year"

This legislation complemented the President's "aggressive housing agenda" announced in a speech he gave at the Department of Housing and Urban Development on June 18, 2002. In this speech the President outlined the partnerships needed to make homeownership a reality for millions more Americans by the end of the decade.

American Dream Downpayment Assistance Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

S. 811 (108th): American Dream Downpayment Act

Sponsor:

Wayne Allard
Republican (Co)

9 cosponsors (9R)

Sessions, Jefferson “Jeff” [R-AL]
(joined Apr 8, 2003)
Crapo, Michael [R-ID]
(joined Apr 9, 2003)
Brownback, Samuel “Sam” [R-KS]
(joined Apr 28, 2003)
Burns, Conrad [R-MT]
(joined May 13, 2003)
Hagel, Charles “Chuck” [R-NE]
(joined May 14, 2003)
Santorum, Richard “Rick” [R-PA]
(joined Jun 5, 2003)
Campbell, Ben [R-CO]
(joined Jun 25, 2003)
Enzi, Michael [R-WY]
(joined Oct 14, 2003)
Murkowski, Lisa [R-AK]
(joined Nov 20, 2003)
American Dream Downpayment Act (2003 - S. 811)

In 2000,(CLINTON) as HUD revisited its affordable-housing goals, the housing market had shifted. With escalating home prices, subprime loans were more popular. Consumer advocates warned that lenders were trapping borrowers with low "teaser" interest rates and ignoring borrowers' qualifications.

(2000, CLINTON) HUD restricted Freddie and Fannie, saying it would not credit them for loans they purchased that had abusively high costs or that were granted without regard to the borrower's ability to repay. Freddie and Fannie adopted policies not to buy some high-cost loans.

In 2001, HUD researchers warned of high foreclosure rates among subprime loans.

"Given the very high concentration of these loans in low-income and African American neighborhoods, the growth in subprime lending and resulting very high levels of foreclosure is a real cause for concern," an agency report said.

But by 2004 (BUSH) , when HUD next revised the goals, Freddie and Fannie's purchases of subprime-backed securities had risen tenfold. Foreclosure rates also were rising.

That year, President Bush's HUD ratcheted up the main affordable-housing goal over the next four years, from 50 percent to 56 percent.
John C. Weicher, then an assistant HUD secretary, said the institutions lagged behind even the private market and "must do more."

"The market knew we needed those loans," said Sharon McHale, a spokeswoman for Freddie Mac. The higher goals "forced us to go into that market to serve the targeted populations that HUD wanted us to serve," she said.

How HUD Mortgage Policy Fed The Crisis

October 26, 2005

STATEMENT OF ADMINISTRATION POLICY

The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.

George W. Bush: Statement of Administration Policy: H.R. 1461 - Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005

Yes, he said he was against it because it "would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers", that was the only bill to pass either house of Congress 2001-2008 dummy

2004- HUD (that would be dubya who was regulator, f/f were under HUD dummy) increased Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac affordable-housing goals for next four years, from 50 percent to 56 percent, stating they lagged behind the private market; from 2004 to 2006, they purchased $434 billion in securities backed by subprime loans

WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT BUBBA? NAME IT!

Subprime_mortgage_originations,_1996-2008.GIF

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

Oh? Which "Conservatives" voted for GSE reform?

ALL the GOP voted on was to privatize F/F completely

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

AS USUAL, YOUR "OBSERVATIONS" ARE BASED ON RIGHT WING BULLSHIT.

Dubya:

Dubya cheered on the Banksters subprime bubble, taking 1,800+ agents out of the white collar crime division AFTER the FBI warned of an "EPIDEMIC OF MORTGAGE FRAUD THAT COULD RIVAL THE S&L CRISIS" IN 2003!

Fighting ALL 50 states who wanted to regulate the subprime lenders, in 2003 used the BIG FEDERAL GOV'T TO SAY STATES CAN'T REGULATE PREDATORY LENDERS ON NATIONAL BANKS (all 50 states sued and won, too late in 2009)

Forced F/F to go from 50% to 56% of their loans to be "affordable housing goals" (2004)

Got rid of Clinton's 2000 rule restricting subprimes in "affordable housing goals" (2004)

Allowed the five investment Banksters to go from a 12-1 leverage rule to 35-1 which FLOODED the market with money (2004)

WEIRD HOW HARDING/COOLIDGE CHEERED ON THE BANKSTERS IN THE 1920'S, RONNIE IGNORED ED GRAY'S WARNINGS IN 1984 WHO HAD WARNED HIM OF THE FRAUD THAT WOULD'VE STOPPED 90%+ OF HIS S&L CRISIS (LARGEST IN 50+ YEARS), THEN DUBYA'S SUBPRIME BUBBLE, CAN YOU SAY "LET THE MARKETS SELF REGULATE" BUBBA???

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED BUBBA?

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

Dubya:

Dubya cheered on the Banksters subprime bubble, taking 1,800+ agents out of the white collar crime division AFTER the FBI warned of an "EPIDEMIC OF MORTGAGE FRAUD THAT COULD RIVAL THE S&L CRISIS" IN 2003!

Fighting ALL 50 states who wanted to regulate the subprime lenders, in 2003 used the BIG FEDERAL GOV'T TO SAY STATES CAN'T REGULATE PREDATORY LENDERS ON NATIONAL BANKS (all 50 states sued and won, too late in 2009)

Forced F/F to go from 50% to 56% of their loans to be "affordable housing goals" (2004)

Got rid of Clinton's 2000 rule restricting subprimes in "affordable housing goals" (2004)

Allowed the five investment Banksters to go from a 12-1 leverage rule to 35-1 which FLOODED the market with money (2004)

WEIRD HOW HARDING/COOLIDGE CHEERED ON THE BANKSTERS IN THE 1920'S, RONNIE IGNORED ED GRAY'S WARNINGS IN 1984 WHO HAD WARNED HIM OF THE FRAUD THAT WOULD'VE STOPPED 90%+ OF HIS S&L CRISIS (LARGEST IN 50+ YEARS), THEN DUBYA'S SUBPRIME BUBBLE, CAN YOU SAY "LET THE MARKETS SELF REGULATE" BUBBA???

I NEED LINKS! YOU saying it doesn't make it so!
Provide substantiation to your OPINIONS!
I generally provide the links because I don't want my amateur opinions be the statement.
I would think you should be honest enough to put your links where THOSE STATEMENTS were made instead of making them up!

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

Dubya:

I generally provide the links because I don't want my amateur opinions be the statement.
I would think you should be honest enough to put your links where THOSE STATEMENTS were made instead of making them up![/QUOTE

Don't understand i gave you links dummy? lol

PLEASE IF YOU THINK I'M LYING, TELL ME WHICH "QUOTE" I'LL GET YOU DOZENS OF LINKS YOU POS!!

Bush aggressively pushed the private lending industry to make over $1.1 trillion in low income and minority lows and to "create more creative" loan products to do it. He pushed them to "loosen credit standards" and pushed them to make the most risky loan products available to the riskiest buyers. Then, he turned to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and threatened to rewrite their regulatory charters.

DUBYA:

"The government-sponsored corporations created to increase the liquidity of mortgage markets, so more capital would be available for mortgage loans, are supposed to lead the market in reaching underserved populations. While these corporations have increased their commitments to these efforts, they lag behind private lenders in this regard, according to government studies. The Administration will revisit the regulatory goals for these corporations’ purchases of affordable housing loans, which are set to expire in 2003. The federal government should demand more and should hold such publicly-chartered corporations accountable for better performance."

Homeownership Policy Book - Background (Text Only)

The Bush Administration through HUD, also required Fannie and Freddie to give a higher percentage of their loans to loan-income and minorities that otherwise would not qualify for the loans.

"That's why I've challenged the industry leaders all across the country to get after it for this goal, to stay focused, to make sure that we achieve a more secure America, by achieving the goal of 5.5 million new minority home owners. I call it America's home ownership challenge.
And let me talk about some of the progress which we have made to date, as an example for others to follow. First of all, government sponsored corporations that help create our mortgage system -- I introduced two of the leaders here today -- they call those people Fannie May and Freddie Mac, as well as the federal home loan banks, will increase their commitment to minority markets by more than $440 billion. (Applause.) I want to thank Leland and Franklin for that commitment. It's a commitment that conforms to their charters, as well, and also conforms to their hearts."

President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

PLEASE YOU POS WHAT LINKS DO YOU WANT? LOL

Don't understand i gave you links dummy? lol

PLEASE IF YOU THINK I'M LYING, TELL ME WHICH "QUOTE" I'LL GET YOU DOZENS OF LINKS YOU POS!!

Bush aggressively pushed the private lending industry to make over $1.1 trillion in low income and minority lows and to "create more creative" loan products to do it. He pushed them to "loosen credit standards" and pushed them to make the most risky loan products available to the riskiest buyers. Then, he turned to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and threatened to rewrite their regulatory charters.

DUBYA:

"The government-sponsored corporations created to increase the liquidity of mortgage markets, so more capital would be available for mortgage loans, are supposed to lead the market in reaching underserved populations. While these corporations have increased their commitments to these efforts, they lag behind private lenders in this regard, according to government studies. The Administration will revisit the regulatory goals for these corporations’ purchases of affordable housing loans, which are set to expire in 2003. The federal government should demand more and should hold such publicly-chartered corporations accountable for better performance."

Homeownership Policy Book - Background (Text Only)

The Bush Administration through HUD, also required Fannie and Freddie to give a higher percentage of their loans to loan-income and minorities that otherwise would not qualify for the loans.

"That's why I've challenged the industry leaders all across the country to get after it for this goal, to stay focused, to make sure that we achieve a more secure America, by achieving the goal of 5.5 million new minority home owners. I call it America's home ownership challenge.
And let me talk about some of the progress which we have made to date, as an example for others to follow. First of all, government sponsored corporations that help create our mortgage system -- I introduced two of the leaders here today -- they call those people Fannie May and Freddie Mac, as well as the federal home loan banks, will increase their commitment to minority markets by more than $440 billion. (Applause.) I want to thank Leland and Franklin for that commitment. It's a commitment that conforms to their charters, as well, and also conforms to their hearts."

President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

PLEASE YOU POS WHAT LINKS DO YOU WANT? LOL

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

Dubya:

I would think you should be honest enough to put your links where THOSE STATEMENTS were made instead of making them up!
Speaking of proof with links ...I'm still waiting .... which Conservatives voted for GSE reform ... ?

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

THAT LINK?

Dubya:

IGNORED THIS POST HUH DUMBFUKKK?

The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is? | Page 213 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

MORE LINKS HERE

NAME ANY POSIT OF MINE YOU WANT A LINK ON YOU DUMB MOTHERFKKKR!!

Dubya:

The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is? | Page 213 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

MORE LINKS HERE

So you ignorant selective editing LEFT OUT these MAJOR CLINTON contributors to the housing bubble crash!
NOT my words but see below!
HEY did you know YOUR link HUD Scandals
Shows this:

The Cisneros Years, 1993–1997
In the Clinton administration, a primary mission of HUD was to increase home ownership rates, especially among minorities and low-income families.
That mission was carried out through HUD subsidy programs and through the two government-connected mortgage finance giants, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. In 1992, HUD was given regulatory authority over these government-sponsored enterprises, and it began pushing the two firms into the subprime lending business.
We now know that these political decisions on housing that were made in the 1990s helped fuel the housing bubble and subsequent crash in the early 21st century, so it is worth looking into the leadership of HUD during those years.
Henry Cisneros served as President Bill Clinton's HUD secretary from 1993 to 1997, when he resigned to deal with allegations that he lied to the FBI about payments he made to a former mistress. Cisneros plead guilty in 1999 and was fined $10,000, avoiding a possible prison sentence.
A key weapon in the Cisneros arsenal was the Clinton administration's changes to the Community Reinvestment Act. The CRA was passed in 1977 and updated in 1995 to pressure lenders into making more loans to moderate-income borrowers by allowing regulators to deny merger approvals for banks with low CRA ratings. Even complaints brought by activists, such as the leftist group ACORN, were now counted against a bank's CRA rating. The result was that banks began issuing more loans to otherwise uncreditworthy borrowers while purchasing more CRA mortgage-backed securities.28 As housing finance expert Peter Wallison noted, "The most important fact associated with the CRA is the effort to reduce underwriting standards. … Once those standards were relaxed … they spread rapidly to the prime market and to subprime markets where loans were made by lenders other than insured banks."29 -

The Cuomo Years, 1997-2001
During the Cuomo years, mortgage industry officials and housing advocates wanted Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to purchase higher volumes of riskier loans that were offered to less credit-worthy borrowers.
Cuomo's HUD continued to pressure Fannie and Freddie to increase the portion of their portfolios consisting of loans to moderate-income borrowers.
Cuomo applied pressure by having HUD publicly "investigate" whether Fannie and Freddie were sufficiently in compliance with government fair-lending standards designed to prevent discrimination.
Cuomo also supported efforts to have home sellers funnel money to nonprofit groups to help pay for buyers' down payments and closing costs. These "down payment assistance" loans ended up having default rates twice that of standard FHA-insured mortgages.51 Cuomo portrayed his efforts as helping to increase homeownership rates for minorities, but he also had an interest in not upsetting mortgage industry officials who would later help finance his gubernatorial campaign.
He also worked hard to receive support from leftist housing advocate groups, such as ACORN.

We know now that Fannie and Freddie's expansion into low-quality mortgages was a huge mistake. A decade ago, numerous financial analysts saw the problems coming, but policymakers ignored their concerns and did not change their policy course. Here is a prescient observation by a New York Times reporter in 1999:

In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980s.54

Unfortunately, the housing and financial debacles of 2008 and 2009 were far larger than the savings and loan mess. But with Cuomo, fiscally prudent policies took a backseat to his political aspirations.
See more at: HUD Scandals

Where in your "HONEST" sharing was discussion about this????

Dubya:

MORE LINKS HERE

So you ignorant selective editing LEFT OUT these MAJOR CLINTON contributors to the housing bubble crash!
Shows this:

In the Clinton administration, a primary mission of HUD was to increase home ownership rates, especially among minorities and low-income families.
That mission was carried out through HUD subsidy programs and through the two government-connected mortgage finance giants, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. In 1992, HUD was given regulatory authority over these government-sponsored enterprises, and it began pushing the two firms into the subprime lending business.
We now know that these political decisions on housing that were made in the 1990s helped fuel the housing bubble and subsequent crash in the early 21st century, so it is worth looking into the leadership of HUD during those years.
Henry Cisneros served as President Bill Clinton's HUD secretary from 1993 to 1997, when he resigned to deal with allegations that he lied to the FBI about payments he made to a former mistress. Cisneros plead guilty in 1999 and was fined $10,000, avoiding a possible prison sentence.
A key weapon in the Cisneros arsenal was the Clinton administration's changes to the Community Reinvestment Act. The CRA was passed in 1977 and updated in 1995 to pressure lenders into making more loans to moderate-income borrowers by allowing regulators to deny merger approvals for banks with low CRA ratings. Even complaints brought by activists, such as the leftist group ACORN, were now counted against a bank's CRA rating. The result was that banks began issuing more loans to otherwise uncreditworthy borrowers while purchasing more CRA mortgage-backed securities.28 As housing finance expert Peter Wallison noted, "The most important fact associated with the CRA is the effort to reduce underwriting standards. … Once those standards were relaxed … they spread rapidly to the prime market and to subprime markets where loans were made by lenders other than insured banks."29 -

During the Cuomo years, mortgage industry officials and housing advocates wanted Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to purchase higher volumes of riskier loans that were offered to less credit-worthy borrowers.
Cuomo's HUD continued to pressure Fannie and Freddie to increase the portion of their portfolios consisting of loans to moderate-income borrowers.
Cuomo applied pressure by having HUD publicly "investigate" whether Fannie and Freddie were sufficiently in compliance with government fair-lending standards designed to prevent discrimination.
Cuomo also supported efforts to have home sellers funnel money to nonprofit groups to help pay for buyers' down payments and closing costs. These "down payment assistance" loans ended up having default rates twice that of standard FHA-insured mortgages.51 Cuomo portrayed his efforts as helping to increase homeownership rates for minorities, but he also had an interest in not upsetting mortgage industry officials who would later help finance his gubernatorial campaign.
He also worked hard to receive support from leftist housing advocate groups, such as ACORN.

We know now that Fannie and Freddie's expansion into low-quality mortgages was a huge mistake. A decade ago, numerous financial analysts saw the problems coming, but policymakers ignored their concerns and did not change their policy course. Here is a prescient observation by a New York Times reporter in 1999:

In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980s.54

Unfortunately, the housing and financial debacles of 2008 and 2009 were far larger than the savings and loan mess. But with Cuomo, fiscally prudent policies took a backseat to his political aspirations.

GOT IT, YOU ARE NOT ONLY A DISHONEST POS, YOU DON'T HAVE READING COMPREHENSION. Shocking

Q When did the Bush Mortgage Bubble start?

A The general timeframe is it started late 2004.

From Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Q Did the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter/Clinton caused it?

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/speech/20081203_analysis.pdf

NOTE ANYTHING HERE DUMBFUKKKK

In 1995, President Bill Clinton's HUD agreed to let Fannie and Freddie get affordable-housing credit for buying subprime securities that included loans to low-income borrowers. The idea was that subprime lending benefited many borrowers who did not qualify for conventional loans. HUD expected that Freddie and Fannie would impose their high lending standards on subprime lenders.

In 2000 (CLINTON), as HUD revisited its affordable-housing goals, the housing market had shifted. With escalating home prices, subprime loans were more popular. Consumer advocates warned that lenders were trapping borrowers with low "teaser" interest rates and ignoring borrowers' qualifications.

HUD (2000, CLINTON) restricted Freddie and Fannie, saying it would not credit them for loans they purchased that had abusively high costs or that were granted without regard to the borrower's ability to repay. Freddie and Fannie adopted policies not to buy some high-cost loans.

That year, Freddie bought $18.6 billion in subprime loans; Fannie did not disclose its number.

In 2001, HUD researchers warned of high foreclosure rates among subprime loans.

"Given the very high concentration of these loans in low-income and African American neighborhoods, the growth in subprime lending and resulting very high levels of foreclosure is a real cause for concern," an agency report said.

But by 2004 (NOW WHAT HAD CHANGED DUMBASS), when HUD next revised the goals, Freddie and Fannie's purchases of subprime-backed securities had risen tenfold. Foreclosure rates also were rising.

BUT ALTHOUGH DUBYA'S POLICIES HOSED FANNIE/FREDDIE, THEY DIDN'T CAUSE DUBYA'S SUBPRIME BUBBLE DUMBFUKKK

NOW GROW A BRAIN AND GET OFF RIGHT WINGS LONG DEBUNKED TALKING POINTS DUMMY

Private Wall Street Companies Caused The Financial Crisis — Not Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Or The Community Reinvestment Act

Private sector loans, not Fannie or Freddie, triggered crisis

Last edited:

Dubya:

MORE LINKS HERE

Shows this:

EVERYTHING DOCUMENTED IN MY LINK DUMBBASS

(APPLAUSE)

Bush'S documented policies and statements in time frame leading up to the start of the Bush Mortgage Bubble include (but not limited to)

Wanting 5.5 million more minority homeowners
Tells congress there is nothing wrong with GSEs
Pledging to use federal policy to increase home ownership
Routinely taking credit for the housing market
Forcing GSEs to buy more low income home loans by raising their Housing Goals (2004)
Lowering Investment banks capital requirements, Net Capital rule (2004)
Reversing the Clinton rule that restricted GSEs purchases of subprime loans (2001)
Lowering down payment requirements to 0% (2003)
Forcing GSEs to spend an additional $440 billion in the secondary markets (2004-2007)
Giving away 40,000 free down payments PER YEAR 2004-2007
PREEMPTING ALL STATE LAWS AGAINST PREDATORY LENDING (2007)

But the biggest policy was regulators not enforcing lending standards.

CUOMO/CLINTON HUH?? LOL

NOTE ANYTHING ON THIS CHART DUMMY?

Dubya:

MORE LINKS HERE

Shows this:

YOO HOO BUBBA? NOTHING ON YOUR DEBUNKED RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS ON CUOMO/CLINTON??/ LOL

Bush's HUD Secretary Finally Gets Some Press

Republicans have never liked HUD very much. GOP presidents tend to turn it into a political backwater, a neglected place where they repay campaign favors rather than orchestrate major policy initiatives. As a result, the agency has been the source of a considerable number of GOP scandals. Jackson's announcement brought back memories of Samuel Pierce, Ronald Reagan's longtime HUD secretary who was plagued by allegations that many of his close associates had engaged in cronyism, mismanagement, and in some cases, outright theft at the agency, all of which occurred as Reagan dismantled the nation's low-income housing infrastructure. At least six major Reagan administration officials ended up convicted of crimes stemming from HUD corruption.

...Jackson carried on this legacy when he took over at HUD in 2004. He might have remained below the radar had he not given a speech in Dallas in 2006 saying that he'd canceled the contract a HUD contractor who admitted to disliking President Bush. The comments sparked an FBI and federal grand jury investigation that have dogged Jackson the past few years and led to questions about whether HUD improperly awarded a controversial $127 million contract to Jackson's former employer, which still owes him at least $250,000

Bush's HUD Secretary Finally Gets Some Press

Dubya:

MORE LINKS HERE

Shows this:

YOO HOO BUBBA, RUNNING AWAY WHEN YOUR MEMES ARE DEBUNKED? lol

Who cares? Presidents don't decide who works or who doesn't.

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?

That dodge won't work, because the same measurement is applied to ALL those presidents. Each of those president's UE average includes the first 3 or 6 months.

When we consider the real unemployment rate, the U-6 rate, Obama looks ever worse. Ditto for median family income, the national debt, and labor force participation--oh, and let's not forget federal revenue as a percentage of GDP (Obama is the worst in several decades, at least).

You see, that's what happens when you suck hundreds of billions of dollars out of the economy with a myriad of higher taxes and then pile on a ton of new senseless costly regulations as well.

And, Dad2Three, how can you not know that Bush and the Republicans tried repeatedly to stop Freddie and Fannie from securing so many high-risk home loans? Bush even warned about the potential disaster in one of his State of the Union addresses. The Republican attempts to rein in Freddie and Fannie, and the Democrats' demagoguery in response, are documented on YouTube for all the world to see, for crying out loud.

Finally, the liberal denials about the role of the CRA in causing the financial crisis have been debunked by conservative scholars. For example:

Stop Covering Up And Kill The CRA

Last edited:
Who cares? Presidents don't decide who works or who doesn't.

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?

That dodge won't work, because the same measurement is applied to ALL those presidents. Each of those president's UE average includes the first 3 or 6 months.

When we consider the real unemployment rate, the U-6 rate, Obama looks ever worse. Ditto for median family income, the national debt, and labor force participation--oh, and let's not forget federal revenue as a percentage of GDP (Obama is the worst in several decades, at least).

You see, that's what happens when you suck hundreds of billions of dollars out of the economy with a myriad of higher taxes and then pile on a ton of new senseless costly regulations as well.

And, Dad2Three, how can you not know that Bush and the Republicans tried repeatedly to stop Freddie and Fannie from securing so many high-risk home loans? Bush even warned about the potential disaster in one of his State of the Union addresses. The Republican attempts to rein in Freddie and Fannie, and the Democrats' demagoguery in response, are documented on YouTube for all the world to see, for crying out loud.

Finally, the liberal denials about the role of the CRA in causing the financial crisis have been debunked by conservative scholars. For example:

Stop Covering Up And Kill The CRA

REALLY? LET ME GUESS, Dubya "warned" the GOP Congress SEVENTEEN TIMES ON GSE REFORMS? Could get TWO UNFUNDED TAX CUTS, TWO UNFUNDED WARS, UNFUNDED MEDICARE EXPANSION A BILL TO GET BETWEEN A HUSBAND AND HIS WIFE, BUT COULDN'T GET GSE REFORM THROUGH A GOP CONGRESS? LMAOROG

HINT the ONLY GSE reform that passed EITHER House (WITH BIPARTISAN SUPPORT) of Congress was HR1461 in 2005, DUBYA OPPOSED IT.

Yep, youtube DOES have OUT OF CONTEXT VIDS OF DEMS TALKING ABOUT HE 2003-2004 F/F ACCOUNTING SCANDALS. AND?

IGNORE THAT DUBYA ACTUALLY WAS F/F REGULATOR, HE CHOSE TO UP F/F "GOALS" FROM 50% TO 56% IN 2004, CHOSE TO CHANGE CLINTON'S 2000 RULE THAT FORBID using "subprimes" in those goals, or that Dubya "encouraged" (with a threat at them about their upcoming charter) , to buy $440 BILLION in MBS's to meet Dubya's goals

But let me guess, Barney Frank, minority member of the GOP majority House 1995- Jan 2007, was responsible even though he could run nekkid through the halls and not stop a single GOP bill (see wars, tax cuts, Medicare expansion, etc)..

Forum List

Back