The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Now that you've been shown how Republicans gave us the policies which led to the collapse and Republicans were in charge of Congress during the critical years when Bush was asking them for GSE reform ... do you blame Republicans yet?

No I don't blame ALL the Republicans...Just those Republicans in Name Only (RINOs) that stupidly voted with Dems which DIDN'T allow the majority to work!

See unlike Democrats NOT all Republicans are mindless robots. Not all Republicans are also true conservatives. So when idiots like you Blame GOP you
ignorantly forget some idiot Republicans trying to appease the MSM vote with Democrats...remember that phrase "bipartisan"... ONLY works with GOP. Seldom
do you find the VAST MAJORITY of Democrats participating in "bipartisan" effort!

But these are my observations.

AS USUAL, YOUR "OBSERVATIONS" ARE BASED ON RIGHT WING BULLSHIT.

Dubya:

Dubya cheered on the Banksters subprime bubble, taking 1,800+ agents out of the white collar crime division AFTER the FBI warned of an "EPIDEMIC OF MORTGAGE FRAUD THAT COULD RIVAL THE S&L CRISIS" IN 2003!

Fighting ALL 50 states who wanted to regulate the subprime lenders, in 2003 used the BIG FEDERAL GOV'T TO SAY STATES CAN'T REGULATE PREDATORY LENDERS ON NATIONAL BANKS (all 50 states sued and won, too late in 2009)

Forced F/F to go from 50% to 56% of their loans to be "affordable housing goals" (2004)

Got rid of Clinton's 2000 rule restricting subprimes in "affordable housing goals" (2004)

Allowed the five investment Banksters to go from a 12-1 leverage rule to 35-1 which FLOODED the market with money (2004)

WEIRD HOW HARDING/COOLIDGE CHEERED ON THE BANKSTERS IN THE 1920'S, RONNIE IGNORED ED GRAY'S WARNINGS IN 1984 WHO HAD WARNED HIM OF THE FRAUD THAT WOULD'VE STOPPED 90%+ OF HIS S&L CRISIS (LARGEST IN 50+ YEARS), THEN DUBYA'S SUBPRIME BUBBLE, CAN YOU SAY "LET THE MARKETS SELF REGULATE" BUBBA???

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED BUBBA?

I NEED LINKS! YOU saying it doesn't make it so!
Provide substantiation to your OPINIONS!
I generally provide the links because I don't want my amateur opinions be the statement.
I would think you should be honest enough to put your links where THOSE STATEMENTS were made instead of making them up!

IGNORED THIS POST HUH DUMBFUKKK?

The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is? | Page 213 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

MORE LINKS HERE

FACTS on Dubya's great recession | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

NAME ANY POSIT OF MINE YOU WANT A LINK ON YOU DUMB MOTHERFKKKR!!

So you ignorant selective editing LEFT OUT these MAJOR CLINTON contributors to the housing bubble crash!
NOT my words but see below!
HEY did you know YOUR link HUD Scandals
Shows this:

The Cisneros Years, 1993–1997
In the Clinton administration, a primary mission of HUD was to increase home ownership rates, especially among minorities and low-income families.
That mission was carried out through HUD subsidy programs and through the two government-connected mortgage finance giants, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. In 1992, HUD was given regulatory authority over these government-sponsored enterprises, and it began pushing the two firms into the subprime lending business.
We now know that these political decisions on housing that were made in the 1990s helped fuel the housing bubble and subsequent crash in the early 21st century, so it is worth looking into the leadership of HUD during those years.
Henry Cisneros served as President Bill Clinton's HUD secretary from 1993 to 1997, when he resigned to deal with allegations that he lied to the FBI about payments he made to a former mistress. Cisneros plead guilty in 1999 and was fined $10,000, avoiding a possible prison sentence.
A key weapon in the Cisneros arsenal was the Clinton administration's changes to the Community Reinvestment Act. The CRA was passed in 1977 and updated in 1995 to pressure lenders into making more loans to moderate-income borrowers by allowing regulators to deny merger approvals for banks with low CRA ratings. Even complaints brought by activists, such as the leftist group ACORN, were now counted against a bank's CRA rating. The result was that banks began issuing more loans to otherwise uncreditworthy borrowers while purchasing more CRA mortgage-backed securities.28 As housing finance expert Peter Wallison noted, "The most important fact associated with the CRA is the effort to reduce underwriting standards. … Once those standards were relaxed … they spread rapidly to the prime market and to subprime markets where loans were made by lenders other than insured banks."29 -

The Cuomo Years, 1997-2001
During the Cuomo years, mortgage industry officials and housing advocates wanted Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to purchase higher volumes of riskier loans that were offered to less credit-worthy borrowers.
Cuomo's HUD continued to pressure Fannie and Freddie to increase the portion of their portfolios consisting of loans to moderate-income borrowers.
Cuomo applied pressure by having HUD publicly "investigate" whether Fannie and Freddie were sufficiently in compliance with government fair-lending standards designed to prevent discrimination.
Cuomo also supported efforts to have home sellers funnel money to nonprofit groups to help pay for buyers' down payments and closing costs. These "down payment assistance" loans ended up having default rates twice that of standard FHA-insured mortgages.51 Cuomo portrayed his efforts as helping to increase homeownership rates for minorities, but he also had an interest in not upsetting mortgage industry officials who would later help finance his gubernatorial campaign.
He also worked hard to receive support from leftist housing advocate groups, such as ACORN.

We know now that Fannie and Freddie's expansion into low-quality mortgages was a huge mistake. A decade ago, numerous financial analysts saw the problems coming, but policymakers ignored their concerns and did not change their policy course. Here is a prescient observation by a New York Times reporter in 1999:

In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980s.54

Unfortunately, the housing and financial debacles of 2008 and 2009 were far larger than the savings and loan mess. But with Cuomo, fiscally prudent policies took a backseat to his political aspirations.
See more at: HUD Scandals

Where in your "HONEST" sharing was discussion about this????

YOOHOO BUBBA? Nothing? lol

Who cares? Presidents don't decide who works or who doesn't.

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?

That dodge won't work, because the same measurement is applied to ALL those presidents. Each of those president's UE average includes the first 3 or 6 months.

When we consider the real unemployment rate, the U-6 rate, Obama looks ever worse. Ditto for median family income, the national debt, and labor force participation--oh, and let's not forget federal revenue as a percentage of GDP (Obama is the worst in several decades, at least).

You see, that's what happens when you suck hundreds of billions of dollars out of the economy with a myriad of higher taxes and then pile on a ton of new senseless costly regulations as well.

And, Dad2Three, how can you not know that Bush and the Republicans tried repeatedly to stop Freddie and Fannie from securing so many high-risk home loans? Bush even warned about the potential disaster in one of his State of the Union addresses. The Republican attempts to rein in Freddie and Fannie, and the Democrats' demagoguery in response, are documented on YouTube for all the world to see, for crying out loud.

Finally, the liberal denials about the role of the CRA in causing the financial crisis have been debunked by conservative scholars. For example:

Stop Covering Up And Kill The CRA

"Finally, the liberal denials about the role of the CRA in causing the financial crisis have been debunked by conservative scholars. For example:"

CRA AROUND SINCE 1977 CAUSED THIS:

Q When did the Bush Mortgage Bubble start?

A The general timeframe is it started late 2004.

From Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Q Did the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter/Clinton caused it?

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/speech/20081203_analysis.pdf

Subprime_mortgage_originations,_1996-2008.GIF

Examining the big lie: How the facts of the economic crisis stack up

The boom and bust was global. Proponents of the Big Lie ignore the worldwide nature of the housing boom and bust.

The housing boom and bust was global — Source: McKinsey Quarterly
>

A McKinsey Global Institute report noted “from 2000 through 2007, a remarkable run-up in global home prices occurred.” It is highly unlikely that a simultaneous boom and bust everywhere else in the world was caused by one set of factors (ultra-low rates, securitized AAA-rated subprime, derivatives) but had a different set of causes in the United States. Indeed, this might be the biggest obstacle to pushing the false narrative. How did U.S. regulations against redlining in inner cities also cause a boom in Spain, Ireland and Australia? How can we explain the boom occurring in countries that do not have a tax deduction for mortgage interest or government-sponsored enterprises? And why, after nearly a century of mortgage interest deduction in the United States, did it suddenly cause a crisis?

These questions show why proximity and statistical validity are so important. Let’s get more specific.The Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 is a favorite boogeyman for some, despite the numbers that so easily disprove it as a cause.It is a statistical invalid argument, as the data show.

For example, if the CRA was to blame, the housing boom would have been in CRA regions; it would have made places such as Harlem and South Philly and Compton and inner Washington the primary locales of the run up and collapse. Further, the default rates in these areas should have been worse than other regions.

>

CRA were less likely to default than Subprime Mortgages — Source: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
>

What occurred was the exact opposite: The suburbs boomed and busted and went into foreclosure in much greater numbers than inner cities. The tiny suburbs and exurbs of South Florida and California and Las Vegas and Arizona were the big boomtowns, not the low-income regions. The redlined areas the CRA address missed much of the boom; places that busted had nothing to do with the CRA.

>

Suburbs and Exurbs were where the boom & bust occurred — and not the CRA regions — Source: Washington Post
>

The market share of financial institutions that were subject to the CRA has steadily declined since the legislation was passed in 1977.
As noted by Abromowitz & Min, CRA-regulated institutions, primarily banks and thrifts, accounted for only 28 percent of all mortgages originated in 2006.

•Nonbank mortgage underwriting exploded from 2001 to 2007, along with the private label securitization market, which eclipsed Fannie and Freddie during the boom.

Private lenders not subject to congressional regulations collapsed lending standards. Taking up that extra share were nonbanks selling mortgages elsewhere, not to the GSEs. Conforming mortgages had rules that were less profitable than the newfangled loans. Private securitizers — competitors of Fannie and Freddie — grew from 10 percent of the market in 2002 to nearly 40 percent in 2006. As a percentage of all mortgage-backed securities, private securitization grew from 23 percent in 2003 to 56 percent in 2006

>
Subprime Lenders were (Primarily) Private

Only one of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006 was directly subject to the housing laws overseen by either Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or the Community Reinvestment Act — Source: McClatchy

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?

That dodge won't work, because the same measurement is applied to ALL those presidents. Each of those president's UE average includes the first 3 or 6 months.

When we consider the real unemployment rate, the U-6 rate, Obama looks ever worse. Ditto for median family income, the national debt, and labor force participation--oh, and let's not forget federal revenue as a percentage of GDP (Obama is the worst in several decades, at least).

You see, that's what happens when you suck hundreds of billions of dollars out of the economy with a myriad of higher taxes and then pile on a ton of new senseless costly regulations as well.

And, Dad2Three, how can you not know that Bush and the Republicans tried repeatedly to stop Freddie and Fannie from securing so many high-risk home loans? Bush even warned about the potential disaster in one of his State of the Union addresses. The Republican attempts to rein in Freddie and Fannie, and the Democrats' demagoguery in response, are documented on YouTube for all the world to see, for crying out loud.

Finally, the liberal denials about the role of the CRA in causing the financial crisis have been debunked by conservative scholars. For example:

No president except for FDR inherited an unemployment rate from his predecessor as high as the one Obama inherited.

And no Republican-led Congress ever put a GSE reform bill on the president's desk.

No president except for FDR inherited an unemployment rate from his predecessor as high as the one Obama inherited.

And no Republican-led Congress ever put a GSE reform bill on the president's desk.

GEEZ why don't you check the REAL numbers before you put out stupid comment
" No president except for FDR inherited an unemployment rate from his predecessor as high as the one Obama inherited."

THE FACTS:
WHAT year do you show has the highest average??? 1982! What President was then? Reagan!
So you are a liar!
Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 2.13.20 PM.png

" No president except for FDR inherited an unemployment rate from his predecessor as high as the one Obama inherited."

THE FACTS:
WHAT year do you show has the highest average??? 1982! What President was then? Reagan!
So you are a liar!
And you are a STUPID :asshole:

St Ronnie had already been president for a year in 1982. Reagan "inherited" that UE rate from his 1981 tax cuts for the "job creators" policy. :asshole:

THE FACTS:
So you are a liar!

St Ronnie had already been president for a year in 1982. Reagan "inherited" that UE rate from his 1981 tax cuts for the "job creators" policy. :asshole:
You are right. I was too quick to look at the highest unemployment rate and not the key word "inherited".
Unlike you though I will admit I was wrong. Of course being Perfect as you are WHY are you even on this forum and not running the world?

I'd just like the same honesty as I exhibited from people like you who have yet to
answer why you voted for Obama EVEN though he told you he would be lying to you!

THE FACTS:
So you are a liar!

You are right. I was too quick to look at the highest unemployment rate and not the key word "inherited".
Unlike you though I will admit I was wrong. Of course being Perfect as you are WHY are you even on this forum and not running the world?
Unlike you, I don't turn an admission of an error into an attack!

Barrack Obama: 8.86%

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 8.86%

Does anyone (or everyone) remember what happened right before the 2008 election?

THE FACTS:
So you are a liar!

So you think my asking the simple honest question that being perfect as you are you are wasting your time on this forum is an attack?
MY..my...my...a little inferiority complex showing...just saying.

GEEZ why don't you check the REAL numbers before you put out stupid comment

THE FACTS:
So you are a liar!
View attachment 52406
No, I'm not a liar and I didn't lie.

The problem here is that you are a fucking retard.

I said, "no president except for FDR inherited an unemployment rate from his predecessor as high as the one Obama inherited."ee

Key word there, which I highlighted for your benefit, was, "inherited."

Reagan did not inherit the economy in 1982. Seriously -- what the fuck is wrong you?? :ack-1:

THE FACTS:
So you are a liar!

So you think my asking the simple honest question that being perfect as you are you are wasting your time on this forum is an attack?
Now you are just lying!

THE FACTS:
So you are a liar!

Now you are just lying!

Wow. So now you are a lie detector? You accuse me of lying BUT you support a KNOWN LIAR who told you he was going to use "tricks" and "tactics" and that he hires people that counted on the "stupidity of the American voter... yet you call me a LIAR???
See this is now where you have gone off the deep end. You can't recognize reality. Please continue showing people how FFOs respond to the truth.

Now you are just lying!

Wow. So now you are a lie detector? You accuse me of lying BUT you support a KNOWN LIAR who told you he was going to use "tricks" and "tactics" and that he hires people that counted on the "stupidity of the American voter... yet you call me a LIAR???
See this is now where you have gone off the deep end. You can't recognize reality. Please continue showing people how FFOs respond to the truth.
Now you are desperately trying to deflect from your lying.

The monthly unemployment rate for October 2015 was 5.0%. This is Obama's 82nd month of office. This drops the average unemployment rate for the time he has been in office from the average 7.92% in September 2015 at 81 months to the average 7.88% in October 2015 at 82 months.

Here is the new standings for the Presidents with Obama's revised numbers:

Barrack Obama: 7.88%

Average Unemployment Rates for US Presidents since after World War II:

12. Barack Obama: 7.88%

646.4/81 = 7.8829 = 7.88%

There are 14 months left in Obama's Presidency.

The labor force participation rate stayed the same in October at 62.4%, the lowest ever since September 1977 when it was at 62.3%, 38 years ago

The monthly unemployment rate for October 2015 was 5.0%. This is Obama's 82nd month of office. This drops the average unemployment rate for the time he has been in office from the average 7.92% in September 2015 at 81 months to the average 7.88% in October 2015 at 82 months.

The labor force participation rate stayed the same in October at 62.4%, the lowest ever since September 1977 when it was at 62.3%, 38 years ago
This crapola is just as stupid now as when you first posted it.

This crapola is just as stupid now as when you first posted it.

Its a list o f the average monthly unemployment figures for each President since World War II. Its not crap or stupid, but factual data from the bureau of labor statistics!

5% unemployment

Lower than Reagan ever saw

Reagan would have seen a lower unemployment rate than 5% if he also had a labor force participation rate of only 62.4%. But in any event, that's only ONE MONTH. To properly assess any President, you have to look at EVERY MONTH they were in office and average the results. One month of 5% unemployment does not make up for an average of 7.88% unemployment over 82 months!

Forum List

Back