The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

The monthly unemployment rate for November 2019 was 3.5%. This is the 35th unemployment report with Trump in office, his 35th month recorded for this list. This brings Trump's average unemployment rate for his term in office to date, down from 3.997% in October 2019 to 3.98% in November 2019.

Gerald Ford: 7.77%

Average Unemployment Rates for US Presidents since after World War II:

01. Donald Trump: 3.98%
02. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
03. Harry Truman: 4.26%
04. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
05. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
06. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
07. George W. Bush: 5.27%
08. John Kennedy: 5.98%
09. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
10. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
11. Barack Obama: 7.45%
12. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
13. Gerald Ford: 7.77%

There are 13 months left in Trumps first Presidential term, assuming he completes it.

The labor force participation rate is at 63.2% for November 2019, down from 63.3% for October 2019.

Why do you keep posting this information which conflicts with your deep-seated hatred of all things Trump? You destroy every other anti-Trump post you make by your extreme hypocrisy. It is a strong sign of schizophrenia. Have you sought professional help?

This is raw data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It does not tell you to what degree the President in office was responsible for such economic data. That is a more complex question. While the numbers under Donald Trump are historically the best, he did come into office with unemployment already low by historic standards at 4.7%. In addition, many of Trump's policies, restricting immigration and raising trade tariffs and other protectionist policies are actually harmful to the economy. So one could claim the economy has done well, despite Trump's policies.

In addition, much of the low unemployment rates seen during Obama's 2nd term and the current Trump term are likely do to the fall in labor force participation rates. The retirement of the baby boom generation along with the smaller generations that come behind it is likely heavily contributing to the low unemployment rates and labor shortages currently seen.

Real Quarterly GDP growth so far under Trump has averaged 2.59%. While that is better than the average of the two previous Presidents, its still not spectacular and is well off the average 3%+ growth that Trump promised in 2016.

The monthly unemployment rate for November 2019 was 3.5%. This is the 35th unemployment report with Trump in office, his 35th month recorded for this list. This brings Trump's average unemployment rate for his term in office to date, down from 3.997% in October 2019 to 3.98% in November 2019.

There are 13 months left in Trumps first Presidential term, assuming he completes it.

The labor force participation rate is at 63.2% for November 2019, down from 63.3% for October 2019.

Why do you keep posting this information which conflicts with your deep-seated hatred of all things Trump? You destroy every other anti-Trump post you make by your extreme hypocrisy. It is a strong sign of schizophrenia. Have you sought professional help?

This is raw data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It does not tell you to what degree the President in office was responsible for such economic data. That is a more complex question. While the numbers under Donald Trump are historically the best, he did come into office with unemployment already low by historic standards at 4.7%. In addition, many of Trump's policies, restricting immigration and raising trade tariffs and other protectionist policies are actually harmful to the economy. So one could claim the economy has done well, despite Trump's policies.

In addition, much of the low unemployment rates seen during Obama's 2nd term and the current Trump term are likely do to the fall in labor force participation rates. The retirement of the baby boom generation along with the smaller generations that come behind it is likely heavily contributing to the low unemployment rates and labor shortages currently seen.

Real Quarterly GDP growth so far under Trump has averaged 2.59%. While that is better than the average of the two previous Presidents, its still not spectacular and is well off the average 3%+ growth that Trump promised in 2016.

Hey dumbass! Look at your thread title!

If the President has nothing to do with it, why would you choose that title for your thread? Did you set out to prove yourself a moron? If not, you succeeded anyway!

Average means nothing...

What you get it at and what you give it back is what matters... Trump inherited a good economy and he has increased borrowing for tax cuts for the rich...
you just don't want to know facts. amazing. wow. you can't be helped. but I will point out forever your failure at seeking out facts.

Barrack Obama: 8.86%

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 8.86%
Obama blamed on Bush. The recession ended the Summer of his first year, yet his policies caused the slowest recovery in history. If you induce job producers into cutting back or moving out of the country because of high taxes, you're perpetuating high unemployment. After all......Obama said those jobs were gone permanently. Trump brought them back.

A very major distinction between President Trump's job production and the rest of the Presidents on this list is this:
The total working age population (18 - 64) in 2019 - 206,242,858
Total working population in 1980 -- 135,366,685
This means an increase of 7,086,173 or over 50% more people.
As a result initial plus is " 63.2% down... YET remember there are over 50% more people in the working age population.

If you look at the pattern, you’ll see how it’s all impacted by energy supply. And, if you paid attention, you’d realize that that was all beyond the control of the president — except in the case of Obama, where he intentionally drove energy prices up.

Average means nothing...

What you get it at and what you give it back is what matters... Trump inherited a good economy and he has increased borrowing for tax cuts for the rich...
you just don't want to know facts. amazing. wow. you can't be helped. but I will point out forever your failure at seeking out facts.

What do you mean... I accepted the average but pointed out that it is pretty meaning less. Unemployment is what was it when you got (the day you implemented something) and what you gave it back at, not the average while you were getting it there...

Obama got high and going higher and gave it back real low... Obama got it while it was on the way to 10% and he turned on that when his policies started to kick in and gave it back (i.e. when Trump's policies started to kick in) at 4.0% (I could say lower as Trump did effectively nothing for the first 10 months of office on the economy).

Today Unemployment is 3.5%, So Trump has really only improved it by .5% while increasing borrowing to $1 trillion.

Note:
I will just point out that the Germany economy is meant to be going into recession, They have an unemployment rate 3.1%(US: 3.5%) and surplus of 1.2% of GDP (US: 5.5% deficit). As a recession note, the res of the world is preparing for one, it is due. Trumpnomics is trying to keep borrowing to prolong it but that just means US will just crash harder.

A very major distinction between President Trump's job production and the rest of the Presidents on this list is this:
The total working age population (18 - 64) in 2019 - 206,242,858
Total working population in 1980 -- 135,366,685
This means an increase of 7,086,173 or over 50% more people.
As a result initial plus is " 63.2% down... YET remember there are over 50% more people in the working age population.

Thanks for showing outstanding Obama preformed... Not only did he get Unemployment from 10% to 4%... He also saw the working population jump from 196m to 206m while in office... Trump that growth has only gone up 250k in the three years in charge (wait for some lame excuse from the right)...

But the message is even with the right's numbers Obama is much better at unemployment.

There is also the simple message here: The Right want someone to be rewarded for what he inherited and the Left want acknowledge someone for was earned...

Average means nothing...

What do you mean... I accepted the average but pointed out that it is pretty meaning less. Unemployment is what was it when you got (the day you implemented something) and what you gave it back at, not the average while you were getting it there...

Obama got high and going higher and gave it back real low... Obama got it while it was on the way to 10% and he turned on that when his policies started to kick in and gave it back (i.e. when Trump's policies started to kick in) at 4.0% (I could say lower as Trump did effectively nothing for the first 10 months of office on the economy).

Today Unemployment is 3.5%, So Trump has really only improved it by .5% while increasing borrowing to $1 trillion.

Note:
I will just point out that the Germany economy is meant to be going into recession, They have an unemployment rate 3.1%(US: 3.5%) and surplus of 1.2% of GDP (US: 5.5% deficit). As a recession note, the res of the world is preparing for one, it is due. Trumpnomics is trying to keep borrowing to prolong it but that just means US will just crash harder.
what the fk are you talking about? dude, really, it's called revenue, money in, has it gone up? just be factual, I don't need your opinions.

Average means nothing...

Note:

Just a reminder...There are not only MORE people in the working age, i.e. 18-64, which means it is harder to get unemployment rates lower.

Plus I don't disagree.. employment went up under Obama...back to what is was before Obama FORCED 1995 Citibank out of court decision caused poor people
to get credit for homes which they couldn't afford, hence the housing bubble burst in 2007.
But Obama NEVER helped the economy in spite of QE1,2,3!
Proof?
Tell me these are helpful statements and policies by Obama to businesses!
ObamaAntiBusiness.png

Average means nothing...

Note:

Just a reminder...There are not only MORE people in the working age, i.e. 18-64, which means it is harder to get unemployment rates lower.

Plus I don't disagree.. employment went up under Obama...back to what is was before Obama FORCED 1995 Citibank out of court decision caused poor people
to get credit for homes which they couldn't afford, hence the housing bubble burst in 2007.
Proof?
View attachment 293980

upload_2019-12-9_10-56-39.png

Obama's oil policy sucked, but I need to see the calculation you used to get a 177% reduction.

Average means nothing...

Note:

Proof?
View attachment 293980

View attachment 293985

Obama's oil policy sucked, but I need to see the calculation you used to get a 177% reduction.

Oil and Gas Statistics | Bureau of Land Management

Average means nothing...

Note:

Proof?
View attachment 293980

View attachment 293985

Oil and Gas Statistics | Bureau of Land Management

If that site mentions a 177% reduction, post a pic.

Average means nothing...

Note:
Obama’s energy policy caused unemployment. No improvement began until after fracking — which Obama opposed.

The monthly unemployment rate for August 2019 was 3.7%. This is the 32nd unemployment report with Trump in office, his 32nd month recorded for this list. This brings Trump's average unemployment rate for his term in office to date, down from 4.04% in July 2019 to 4.03% in August 2019.

01. Donald Trump: 4.03%

There are 16 months left in Trumps first Presidential term, assuming he completes it.

The labor force participation rate is at 63.2% for August 2019, up from 63% in July 2019.

Averages don't mean shit. Obama was in office less than a month in Jan 2009 when 900,000 + or - jobs were lost.

When you copy and post (echo) something without thought, it is embarrassing. No?

Averages mean everything because they consider EVERYTHING, as opposed to some narrow picture of a few months or a year of one Presidents term!

You really are stupid. But, you support trump so I'm not surprised.

I have NEVER supported Trump and want him impeached and removed from office as soon as possible.

I laugh

Hey dumbass! Look at your thread title!

If the President has nothing to do with it, why would you choose that title for your thread? Did you set out to prove yourself a moron? If not, you succeeded anyway!

I never said the President had nothing to do with it. I said his impact on the numbers is open to debate. The title of the thread is not inconsistent with what I stated. Its possible for the President with the worst average unemployment rate in history to not be significantly responsible for such numbers. Its also possible that his policies led to such numbers.

The monthly unemployment rate for December 2019 was 3.5%. This is the 36th unemployment report with Trump in office, his 36th month recorded for this list. This brings Trump's average unemployment rate for his term in office to date, down from 3.98% in November 2019 to 3.97% in December 2019.

01. Donald Trump: 3.97%

There are 12 months left in Trumps first Presidential term, assuming he completes it.

The labor force participation rate is at 63.2% for December 2019, the same as it was for November 2019.

Average means nothing...

Note:
Obama’s energy policy caused unemployment. No improvement began until after fracking — which Obama opposed.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjamesconca%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07%2F1US-Shale-Gas-copy.jpg

Why do you think Coal suffered so badly

corrected-natgas-v-coal-production-graph.jpg

To promote Gas you are anti Coal...

Average means nothing...

Note:
He just made it as safe as possible. Fracking went on like crazy under him. It's nice to have natural resources.

Average means nothing...

Note:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjamesconca%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07%2F1US-Shale-Gas-copy.jpg

Why do you think Coal suffered so badly

corrected-natgas-v-coal-production-graph.jpg

To promote Gas you are anti Coal...
Gas increase came into the picture in spite of Obama resistance to fracking. Obama energy policy restricted coal before fracking took hold.

Forum List

Back