The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

The monthly unemployment rate for December 2014 was 5.6%. This is Obama's 72nd month of office. This drops the average unemployment rate for the time he has been in office from the average 8.45% in June 2014 at 66 months to the average 8.24% in December 2014 at 72 months.

Here is the new standings for the Presidents with Obama's revised numbers:

Barrack Obama: 8.24%

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 8.24%

593/72 = 8.236111 = 8.24%

He will be lower than Ronnie by the time he completes his 8 years, EVEN AFTER what the GOP dumped in his lap

Perhaps thanks to the labor force participation rate which is the lowest its been since 1978. If the labor force participation rate was still at 66% like it was under Bush, the unemployment rate would be 10% at the moment. Right now the labor force participation rate is 62.7% for the last month reported which is December 2014. That is where the labor force participation rate was in February 1978. For 82 out of 96 of Bush's months in office, the labor force participation rate was ABOVE 66%.

Obama has 24 months left. Its not exactly clear where things will end up. Trends whether up or down don't necessarily continue. Things can change. Even so, 6 months from now, he will still be at the bottom of this list for sure.

The monthly unemployment rate for December 2014 was 5.6%. This is Obama's 72nd month of office. This drops the average unemployment rate for the time he has been in office from the average 8.45% in June 2014 at 66 months to the average 8.24% in December 2014 at 72 months.

He will be lower than Ronnie by the time he completes his 8 years, EVEN AFTER what the GOP dumped in his lap

Perhaps thanks to the labor force participation rate which is the lowest its been since 1978. If the labor force participation rate was still at 66% like it was under Bush, the unemployment rate would be 10% at the moment. Right now the labor force participation rate is 62.7% for the last month reported which is December 2014. That is where the labor force participation rate was in February 1978. For 82 out of 96 of Bush's months in office, the labor force participation rate was ABOVE 66%.

Obama has 24 months left. Its not exactly clear where things will end up. Trends whether up or down don't necessarily continue. Things can change. Even so, 6 months from now, he will still be at the bottom of this list for sure.

More AWESOME reasoning! You are so awesome!

Bullshit......................if the TPP keeps going, we're going to lose a lot of jobs because the Asians in S. Korea and China are willing to work for lower wages.

I mean...................why does Apple and other corporations (which were started here in the U.S.) keep farming their jobs out to other countries?

Do you realize that most of the jobs in the United States that have something to do with tech (like the iPhone, the iPad and other things) are generally conceived here in the U.S., but are actually built in another country?

Oh yeah..................go ahead and Google what the steel industry is doing now.

Wanna have cheap steel that could fail and spew a whole bunch of oil?

Keystone is using the cheapest crap they can buy, and are telling us it's the greatest thing in the world.

Sorry................but if the Keystone pipeline fucks up my drinking water (which they will do if they cross the Ogallala aquifer), I'm gonna want to see the heads of each of their CEO's in a box.

But then again..................maybe I'm over reacting, because on the Blacklist tonight I saw someone who did a horrible wrong have their head in a box.

Hmmm.......................can I call for one? I've got a couple of good candidates in mind................................

If your water gets fucked up, you can sue Keystone and the seventy-five per cent of the pipe used to build Keystone XL in the U.S. would come from North American mills

Calgary, Alberta –February 17, 2012– TransCanada Corporation (TSX, NYSE: TRP) (TransCanada) confirmed today the vast majority of the pipe for Keystone XL would be manufactured in North America. In addition, the company intends to purchase approximately 90 per cent of all other goods for the $7.6 billion project from companies on the continent.

“Seventy-five per cent of the pipe used to build Keystone XL in the U.S. would come from North American mills, including half made by U.S. workers in Arkansas,” said Alex Pourbaix, TransCanada’s president, Energy and Oil Pipelines. “In addition, we have already sourced goods for the pipeline valued at approximately $800 million from U.S. manufacturers.”

We estimate 821,000 tons of high strength line pipe will be used on the project in Canada and the U.S. TransCanada has estimated it will use 660,000 tons of steel for the U.S. portion of the Keystone XL pipeline. The following are the line pipe mills who are manufacturing the pipe:

· Welspun - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA 332,800 tons 50%

· Evraz – Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada 156,266 tons 24%

· ILVA – Italy 103,147 tons 16%

· Welspun - India 69,457 tons 10%

It is important to understand pipeline companies do not purchase raw steel. Rather, we purchase sophisticated manufactured products such as high strength steel pipe and pumps that are fabricated from steel and other metals. It is the responsibility of the manufacturers of these products to source the necessary raw materials and to produce a product that meets all relevant regulations, codes and our internal specifications.

Media Advisory - 75 Per Cent of Keystone XL Pipe would be Made in North America

Wow! That's some impressive reasoning. Way to go!

That isn't reasoning, it is math. You should learn the difference.

Yeah? Math without reason is meaningless. Think about it.

I get it, it really does't matter what the UE rate is as long as Obama is President.

Is that what you get? Cool. I look at the direction of the rate. It's nosediving. That's the opposite of skyrocketing. I'm sure you will agree that nosediving is much better.

Motherfucking DISINGENUOUS nutters are boring me to death.

I get it, it really does't matter what the UE rate is as long as Obama is President.

Is that what you get? Cool. I look at the direction of the rate. It's nosediving. That's the opposite of skyrocketing. I'm sure you will agree that nosediving is much better.

As long as the Labor Participation Rate continues to go down the UE rate will continue to go down. Simple math, fool!

As long as the Labor Participation Rate continues to go down the UE rate will continue to go down. Simple math, fool!

And that means nothing.

And that means nothing.

That is what I said. As long as Obama is President, the UE rate means nothing.

What that means is that UE benefits have run out for millions. Many of those are on Medicare and food stamps. Those that have found work are working multiple part time jobs.

'

Not that old meme AGAIN

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force. According to The Washington Post, many economists agree the shrinking labor force participation rate is largely explained by a demographic shift, wherein "baby boomers are starting to retire en masse":

Demographics have always played a big role in the rise and fall of the labor force. Between 1960 and 2000, the labor force in the United States surged from 59 percent to a peak of 67.3 percent. That was largely due to the fact that more women were entering the labor force while improvements in health and information technology allowed Americans to work more years.

But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring. Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

In a March report titled "Dispelling an Urban Legend," Dean Maki, an economist at Barclays Capital, found that demographics accounted for a majority of the drop in the participation rate since 2002

The incredible shrinking labor force - The Washington Post

OBAMA 7+ MILLION NET PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS IN 6 YEARS (11+ MILLION AFTER FEB 2010) AFTER DUBYA LOST 1+ MILLION, LOL

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force. According to The Washington Post, many economists agree the shrinking labor force participation rate is largely explained by a demographic shift, wherein "baby boomers are starting to retire en masse":

Demographics have always played a big role in the rise and fall of the labor force. Between 1960 and 2000, the labor force in the United States surged from 59 percent to a peak of 67.3 percent. That was largely due to the fact that more women were entering the labor force while improvements in health and information technology allowed Americans to work more years.

But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring. Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

In a March report titled "Dispelling an Urban Legend," Dean Maki, an economist at Barclays Capital, found that demographics accounted for a majority of the drop in the participation rate since 2002.

The incredible shrinking labor force - The Washington Post

Obama is the worst in my lifetime. Going back to the Eisenhower administration. Obama is proving himself quite the crypto communist. He is obviously out of touch with American culture, growing up the spawn of a interracial train wreck and living in Hawaii and Indonesia attending Muslim schools... Yeah, we can ALL relate to that. Shame on you people for voting for this man. Shame on YOU.

What that means is that UE benefits have run out for millions. Many of those are on Medicare and food stamps. Those that have found work are working multiple part time jobs.

Here's What Obama's 'Part-Time America' Really Looks Like
The president's critics love this talking point. But since 2010, full-time jobs are up 7.6 million, and part-time jobs have declined by more than 900,000.

Here s What Obama s Part-Time America Really Looks Like - The Atlantic

The Spectacular Myth of Obama's Part-Time America—in 5 Graphs
The Spectacular Myth of Obama s Part-Time America mdash in 5 Graphs - The Atlantic

Obama is the worst in my lifetime. Going back to the Eisenhower administration. Obama is proving himself quite the crypto communist. He is obviously out of touch with American culture, growing up the spawn of a interracial train wreck and living in Hawaii and Indonesia attending Muslim schools... Yeah, we can ALL relate to that. Shame on you people for voting for this man. Shame on YOU.

Yeah because Dubya/GOP worked out so well right? lol

So now we're averaging the unemployment rate out over a period of years? Of course the average looks bad since Obama entered office with the worst economy the country had since the great depression. Can't raise the Titanic that easily you know.

Total number of people employed in the United States per year:

2000: 135,215,000
2001: 135,043,000
2002: 136,485,000
2003: 137,739,000
2004: 139,248,000
2005: 141,674,000
2006: 144,427,000
2007: 146,016,000
2008: 145,368,000
2009: 139,881,000
2010: 139,069,000
2011: 139,873,000
2012: 142,469,000

So now we're averaging the unemployment rate out over a period of years? Of course the average looks bad since Obama entered office with the worst economy the country had since the great depression. Can't raise the Titanic that easily you know.

YEP, the same way your GPA was calculated in school. Every month of data counts, especially since the economy can make many swings up and down over a 96 month/8 year period. The only accurate way to look at things is to look at all the data and find the average. Simply looking at the first month and last month of a 96 month administration will not tell you very much, just like looking at your first week in College and your last week in College won't tell anyone very much either.

If the labor force participation rate was still at 66% or higher as it was for 82 out of 96 months that Bush was President, the unemployment rate for December 2014 would be 10.33% instead of 5.6%. A labor force participation rate of only 62.7% makes a huge difference when compared with 66%. Your talking about roughly 8 to 10 million people.

Forum List

Back