Zone1 The Problem Is Guns, And Easy Access To Guns

"damn regulations"? Your comment suggests all Arms are to be sold to everyone, no matter their criminal record, a danger to themselves and others and Arms includes fragmentation grenades, M16's, SAMS or other Heavy Weapons?

There was a time when anyone who established his tendency toward criminal behavior, to the point that he could not be trusted with his Second Amendment rights, served his sentence at the end of a rope.

No need, then, even to deprive convicted criminals of their right to keep and bear arms, once they had served their sentence. If he wanted to keep his guns, he could have them buried in his grave with him. He certainly wasn't going to be using them to harm anyone else, at that point.

"damn regulations"? Your comment suggests all Arms are to be sold to everyone, no matter their criminal record, a danger to themselves and others and Arms includes fragmentation grenades, M16's, SAMS or other Heavy Weapons?
"Damn regulations" would prevent the sales to certain people, and certain weaponry, Rye.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. :rolleyes-41:

Yeah it's the guns, ask an Australian how many people get killed with a gun in one of the most gun regulated countries on Earth.
This argument ignores the underlying sub-culture that exists within the US.
I have no idea if Australia has the equivalent culture of our urban-ghetto crime ridden gangs. I'm sure they do to some point. But my guess is that Australia doesn't have a sub-culture that is out murdering themselves every night using illegally acquired guns like we see in our big cities where most mass shootings occur.

What is the punishment in Australia for using a gun in a crime? **side note - I've tried searching for punishments for gun crimes committed in Australia and haven't found anything as of yet**
Here in the US, not uncommon to see gun crimes dealt away to lessen the criminal charges.

Article about increasing gang crimes in Australia. Not that this proves anything but does point to the theory that criminals are the ones with guns.

You're ignorant. Your only issue when issues on gun control is, "shall not be infringed". The reader might also consider the 100 Million dollar + profits in the sale of guns and ammo.

Automatic and Semi-automatic firearms with large numbers of rounds in the magazine were not common 50 years ago.
No you're ignorant all you want to talk about is guns and banning them.and leaving people disarmed. Never talking about the cause of why someone killed others

Yeah....I call this what it is, but since this is the Clean Debate Zone....I will refrain....
Well I'm not anti-gun in any respect. I've always had guns...always kept one loaded and unlocked. I grew up in homes with guns. My wife is a competitive trap shooter. All my in laws have guns.

What I found fascinating in the article is how many homes in America have guns. Because it's wayyyy too many to confiscate. Too high of a percentage of people believe in guns enough that they actually purchased one.

That was my takeaway from the article.

The subject is gun control. Please pay attention.
You posted: Guns have been part of our culture since our founding. Bleeding was part of Medicine during our founding. Thus, there are better forms of medicine then Bleeding the ill.

No you're ignorant all you want to talk about is guns and banning them.and leaving people disarmed. Never talking about the cause of why someone killed others
You are going beyond ignorance; you are posting a BIG LIE. I do not seek to ban guns and leave all the people disarmed. I don't speak about taking guns from those who are sane, sober and lawful.

You posted: Guns have been part of our culture since our founding. Bleeding was part of Medicine during our founding. Thus, there are better forms of medicine then Bleeding the ill.
That's a nice, fat, juicy, non-seq you have there.
Best you could do?

You are going beyond ignorance; you are posting a BIG LIE. I do not seek to ban guns and leave all the people disarmed. I don't speak about taking guns from those who are sane, sober and lawful.
Ok stupid what is your suggest that needs to be done about gun violence?

A citizenry disarmed by its government isn't civilized - it is pacified.
How many countries have disarmed citizens?

Edit -

There are 195 countries with a total population of 8 billion

There are 17 countries that ban guns with a total population of 138,734,651

8.7% of countries with 1.73% of the world's population banned guns. That means 98.27% of the world's population has access to guns with varying regulations

There are 5 countries that are classed to have tyrannical governments, only 2 have banned guns

Last edited:
Americans have always had fairly easy access to firearms. Historically, gun control laws have been based in racism. Despite the prevalence of guns in our society, these frequent school shootings have been a more recent phenomenon. Why is that? What in society has changed?

If you can answer that question then you have identified the real problem
Shoot five people with an black rifle... the anti gun media will make you famous.

Today's society is morally bankrupt.
Population increase so more incidents, changing media so it's quicker to pass on and read information/news so more are informed and more quickly, and the biggest being the increase in Atheism.

Last edited:
Ok stupid what is your suggest that needs to be done about gun violence?
Do you acknowledge that the 2nd A. needs to be rewritten for the 21st Century? The first matter of the 2nd is to admit that shall not be infringed is foolish due to the large number of people who believe it.

Do you acknowledge that the 2nd A. needs to be rewritten for the 21st Century? The first matter of the 2nd is to admit that shall not be infringed is foolish due to the large number of people who believe it.
No, now tell me what plan would you give to do about gun violence?

True. We need to focus on each issue remembering that there are always far more of us than there are of them. At every moment precious few gun manufacturers exist for every family that's recently lost a loved one due to excessive, easily accessed firearms. Their profits vs. our children. No braino.
Again, it’s pointless.

Even if a large majority of Americans demand restricting access to assault weapons, and overwhelmingly elect candidates to office reflecting that demand, the conservative courts will strike down any such firearm regulatory measures – ultimately the Supreme Court; it’s a manifestation of the tyranny of Republican minority rule.

So you are saying that women; my girlfriend or wife, daughter, sister, mother should not be armed and able to protect and defend themselves from thugs whom want to assault, rape, beat-up, and/or murder them.

You really are a low life, bottom feeding, scumbag and criminal it would seem.
This is a lie.

No one is advocating any such thing.

Forum List

Back