The Problem with Gays.

Bingo---give up the fucking symbolism and they get the rights-----
No, dillo. You're the one with the symbolism here. The gay community wants to 'call a spade a spade' (no pun, I swear). They want to get married and call it a marriage. It is no more complicated than that.

Bingo---give up the fucking symbolism and they get the rights-----
No, dillo. You're the one with the symbolism here. The gay community wants to 'call a spade a spade' (no pun, I swear). They want to get married and call it a marriage. It is no more complicated than that.

Then they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces-----best of luck to em. I've helped em all I can.

I have seen countless threads like this.. I am sure I will see countless more..

Let's assume for moment that homophobes are correct, and homosexuality is wrong.. Even though there are documented cases of homosexual behavior in animals and it is perfectly natural.. Something that has been around long before we were all born and will be around long after we die.. But.. For now it is wrong..

So what? So it is wrong?? So what? They are two consenting adults.. No crime is being committed against anyone.. It is wrong by religious standards.. But here is the problem.. The first amendment gives everyone the right to freedom of religion.. Which means that Nobody has to obey any religous laws.. So?? If homosexuality is only wrong using religous laws, and it is.. Then it is a law that means nothing.. The first amendment says nobody can be forced to comply with any religous view or law..

Having established that.. There is nothing constitutionally from stopping homosexuals from getting married.. The laws of marriage should be applied equally among everyone according to the 14th amendment.. So? Right or not.. Constitutionally, there is no arguement against gay marriage.. It is legal now in all 50 states.. Everyone else just doesn't know it yet..

As for your homophobes like bass and others?? Well.. You can think and believe what you want.. You are wrong, and your opinions don't matter.. You have a right to your opinions of course.. But they don't matter.. What you are doing is imposing your religion on others.. Your arguement against gay marriage is a religous one.. Demanding that everyone be held to that standard is imposing your religous beliefs on others.. Which is a violation of the 1st amendment.. Which means you are wrong..

There is no point in this arguement.. Like interacial marriage 50 years ago.. Gay marriage will one day become legal in all 50 states.. Or should I say that people will finally figure out that it always has been legal.. According to the constitution..

So?? Lets base this arguement on the constitution.. Why is it that you want to violate someone's 1st and 14th amendment rights?? Please explain how your religous belief of right and wrong have any bearing on this arguement? The 1st amendment renders your arguements a moot issue.. The 14th amendment says everyone will have equal protection under the law.. Meaning the law applies to everyone equally.. Which means that all marriage laws around the nation apply to all married couples.. Gay or straight..

Look-----if gays REALLY want the same rights as a married hetero couple wants they can achieve it by dumping the word " marriage". Its that fucking easy. The truth is that they really want MORE or they would have figured this out by now. The want me to look at them and see the same thing as when I look at a hetero couple and that dog ain't ever gonna hunt

I think you missed the point of my post.. They already have the same rights according to the constitution.. What I want to know is why you people want to violate someone's constitutional rights? Also refered to as civil rights..

Marriage is just a word and has no bearing on this issue..

The truth is, your a homophobe and you see it as your duty to descriminate and deny someone their civil rights without a viable and constitutional explination.. They want no more than any normal married couple wants.. They want their civil rights.. One day, they shall have them.. And like in the days of the 19th amendment, which gave women the right to vote.. The days of the civil rights movement, the interacial marraige debate.. You people will lose.. You always do.. It is always the christians that wish to deny moral growth in our nation..

You have no arguement here..

It doesn't matter how you look at them.. I am sure that they don't give a shit how you look at them.. Just as I am sure that you don't give a dogs ass how I look at you..

Then they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces-
No, you're the one who is cutting off your nose....as Majik points out above, the day is coming where gays all across the US will be allowed to marry, and there isn't a damned thing you can do about it except do your blood pressure a favor and just accept it. If you do indeed have some gay friends, I suggest you talk openly with them about your views. Perhaps they can help you see the light........

Except in this case there is no real separation.

In a sense there is

by this continued call to disallow the use of the term 'marriage' when the term applies aptly to what they are doing: joining in matrimony.

The fight over the use of the term is symbolic of something that is more significant:

the perpetuation of the notion that gays are not 'normal' (what the hell is that supposed to mean anyway?),

so that the condoning of marginalizing them can continue unabated.

It's not moral, not ethical or excusable under any circumstances.

Well, gays are not the norm but it just doesn't matter! :lol:

So some people want to argue about morality and others ironically insist on a word just to make a moral point, meanwhile the essence of the legality has nothing to do with morality.

Fighting an imaginary battle over a word is a wasted effort, IMO.

The essence of the law is what really effects their marginalization. Doesn't matter what anyone CALLS it as long as the legal consequences are not separate, they are equal.

Last edited:

Let's assume for moment that homophobes are correct, and homosexuality is wrong.. Even though there are documented cases of homosexual behavior in animals and it is perfectly natural.. Something that has been around long before we were all born and will be around long after we die.. But.. For now it is wrong..

So what? So it is wrong?? So what? They are two consenting adults.. No crime is being committed against anyone.. It is wrong by religious standards.. But here is the problem.. The first amendment gives everyone the right to freedom of religion.. Which means that Nobody has to obey any religous laws.. So?? If homosexuality is only wrong using religous laws, and it is.. Then it is a law that means nothing.. The first amendment says nobody can be forced to comply with any religous view or law..

Having established that.. There is nothing constitutionally from stopping homosexuals from getting married.. The laws of marriage should be applied equally among everyone according to the 14th amendment.. So? Right or not.. Constitutionally, there is no arguement against gay marriage.. It is legal now in all 50 states.. Everyone else just doesn't know it yet..

As for your homophobes like bass and others?? Well.. You can think and believe what you want.. You are wrong, and your opinions don't matter.. You have a right to your opinions of course.. But they don't matter.. What you are doing is imposing your religion on others.. Your arguement against gay marriage is a religous one.. Demanding that everyone be held to that standard is imposing your religous beliefs on others.. Which is a violation of the 1st amendment.. Which means you are wrong..

There is no point in this arguement.. Like interacial marriage 50 years ago.. Gay marriage will one day become legal in all 50 states.. Or should I say that people will finally figure out that it always has been legal.. According to the constitution..

So?? Lets base this arguement on the constitution.. Why is it that you want to violate someone's 1st and 14th amendment rights?? Please explain how your religous belief of right and wrong have any bearing on this arguement? The 1st amendment renders your arguements a moot issue.. The 14th amendment says everyone will have equal protection under the law.. Meaning the law applies to everyone equally.. Which means that all marriage laws around the nation apply to all married couples.. Gay or straight..

Look-----if gays REALLY want the same rights as a married hetero couple wants they can achieve it by dumping the word " marriage". Its that fucking easy. The truth is that they really want MORE or they would have figured this out by now. The want me to look at them and see the same thing as when I look at a hetero couple and that dog ain't ever gonna hunt

I think you missed the point of my post.. They already have the same rights according to the constitution.. What I want to know is why you people want to violate someone's constitutional rights? Also refered to as civil rights..

The truth is, your a homophobe and you see it as your duty to descriminate and deny someone their civil rights without a viable and constitutional explination.. They want no more than any normal married couple wants.. They want their civil rights.. One day, they shall have them.. And like in the days of the 19th amendment, which gave women the right to vote.. The days of the civil rights movement, the interacial marraige debate.. You people will lose.. You always do.. It is always the christians that wish to deny moral growth in our nation..

It doesn't matter how you look at them.. I am sure that they don't give a shit how you look at them.. Just as I am sure that you don't give a dogs ass how I look at you..

Marriage has no bearing on the issue :rofl::rofl::rofl:

you're funny--it seems like the word marriage is EXACTLY what's on every proposed ammendment

Well, gays are not the norm but it just doesn't matter!
They are not the majority.
The essence of the law is what really effects their marginalization. Doesn't matter what anyone CALLS it as long as the legal consequences are not separate, they are equal.
And this is why gay marriage legalization will grow and spread, and the term 'marriage' will be allowed as a reference to their unions.

See? Even you're stating that they're not normal, and you're supposedly in their corner.

And this is why gay marriage legalization will grow and spread, and the term 'marriage' will be allowed as a reference to their unions.

ok---I'm the king
I command that gay unions be given all the rights and priviledges that hetero unions now enjoy.

Does that work for ya ?

See? Even you're stating that they're not normal, and you're supposedly in their corner.

Why are you so hung up on what is normal and not normal?

ok---I'm the king
I command that gay unions be given all the rights and priviledges that hetero unions now enjoy.

Does that work for ya ?

bump

Why are you so hung up on what I agree or disagree with? Homosexuals aren't normal.

:lol: As if straight people are all normal or pillars of morality! :doubt: :lol:

Homosexuals aren't normal.
This is your opinion. Define 'normal.'
Well, do what you will but that (calling them 'unions') is irrelevant in all states where gay marriage has been legalized, as they do refer to it as 'marriage.' You can argue, bay at the moon, whatever 'til the cows come home, but in the end your little pleas to not call their marriages 'marriages' will have no bearing on reality.

Last edited:

Why are you so hung up on what I agree or disagree with? Homosexuals aren't normal.

I don't care what you disagree with, I do care that you want to deny someone a right because you think they are "not normal".

Forum List

Back