Zone1 The Protestant Jesus and the Catholic Jesus

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
I saw a cartoon once.. I think it was the Simpson's where there was a Protestant Heaven and a Catholic one

LOL

But yeh, no wonder people make fun of religion. There is no unity. You have the Protestant version of Jesus and the Catholic one and no one knows where the Church is, the original one Christ founded. Well, some of us do. But few listen to us.

So yeh... Is it in the Bible that God is not the author of confusion? I've read the entire Bible and it seems that was said there but it could be I was reading some Bible commentator of another?

Anyway--------

There is no Catholic Heaven v Protestant Heaven. If you feel hatred toward someone in the other camp, maybe God doesn't like that?

Hmmmm

I saw a cartoon once.. I think it was the Simpson's where there was a Protestant Heaven and a Catholic one

LOL

But yeh, no wonder people make fun of religion. There is no unity. You have the Protestant version of Jesus and the Catholic one and no one knows where the Church is, the original one Christ founded. Well, some of us do. But few listen to us.

So yeh... Is it in the Bible that God is not the author of confusion? I've read the entire Bible and it seems that was said there but it could be I was reading some Bible commentator of another?

Anyway--------

There is no Catholic Heaven v Protestant Heaven. If you feel hatred toward someone in the other camp, maybe God doesn't like that?

Hmmmm

Did you go to seminary?

LOL

Anyway--------

Hmmmm
Both Catholicism and protestants are far removed from truth. Their God does not exist( trinity)

Both Protestant Jesus and Catholic Jesus are equally distant from real Jesus - a wandering teacher who tried to reform his native Judaism and clear it from corruption and dull formalism.

Both Protestant Jesus and Catholic Jesus are equally distant from real Jesus - a wandering teacher who tried to reform his native Judaism and clear it from corruption and dull formalism.
Jesus didn't 'wander'. He knew exactly where he was going at all times. ;) And, if his mission was to reform Judaism he failed miserably. He did however fulfill the mission his Father sent him to do, to die for us.

Jesus didn't 'wander'. He knew exactly where he was going at all times. ;) And, if his mission was to reform Judaism he failed miserably. He did however fulfill the mission his Father sent him to do, to die for us.
Of course he failed. His people mostly rejected him.

He was successful in his mission, to die for us, and to build his church. It was the Jews who failed, not him.
He didn't die for us. Or, strictly speaking, he died for us in the sense of dying for his beliefs to improve and clean up the corrupted priesthood. But then again, his teaching was aimed on the Jews.

He didn't die for us. Or, strictly speaking, he died for us in the sense of dying for his beliefs to improve and clean up the corrupted priesthood. But then again, his teaching was aimed on the Jews.
His primary ministry was to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel", not the Jews.

Jesus didn't come to reform Judaism; he came to destroy it. Hence its collapse and Christianity's rise.

Jesus didn't come to reform Judaism; he came to destroy it. Hence its collapse and Christianity's rise.
Jesus said he did not come to destroy but to fulfill. He also took great interest in the lost sheep of the House of Israel...the eleven tribes that were not the tribe of Judah.

not true. Many of the Old T customs/scriptures.. were retained in the New T Church. Obviously, animal sacrifice \was discarded, as well as other things.

And, you changed the meaning of Hosea and Isaiah.

1722706997886.jpeg

Forum List

Back