The Psychology of Qanon

Trying to find silver linings in the last four years, continued:

This period has certainly been a treasure trove of material for psychological analysis. In this instance, why has the Qanon conspiracy cult caught on with so many Americans? And how many of them will remain now that they were made fools of, on Inauguration Day?

In a recent study conducted by myself, Karen Douglas and Clara De Inocencio, we further investigated why this could be the case. Our conclusion? Conspiracy theories reinforce a belief that nothing in the world happens through coincidence. This refusal to recognize the role of chance leads people to develop a worldview in which hostile and secret conspiracies permeate all layers of society.

Feelings of anxiety and uncertainty also help fuel conspiracy theories. Such emotions function as a psychological warning signal, leading people to try and make sense of societal events that frighten them. This helps to explain the widespread (and ongoing) speculation that followed impactful events such as 9/11 or the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Together with Nils Jostmann and Michele Acker, we found that feelings of uncertainty, coupled with the feeling that your life is not fully in your control anymore, increases conspiracy thinking. Studies by others researchers confirm that emotions reflecting uncertainty — such as fear or worry — can increase conspiracy beliefs.

How many believers are among us here? We'll be able to guess by counting how many of them scoff at, mock, and dismiss this article.
I never hear about qnon except when you moonbats bring it up.

Weird huh...
I guess you missed the Capitol Building riot.

This period has certainly been a treasure trove of material for psychological analysis. In this instance, why has the Qanon conspiracy cult caught on with so many Americans? And how many of them will remain now that they were made fools of, on Inauguration Day?

In a recent study conducted by myself, Karen Douglas and Clara De Inocencio, we further investigated why this could be the case. Our conclusion? Conspiracy theories reinforce a belief that nothing in the world happens through coincidence. This refusal to recognize the role of chance leads people to develop a worldview in which hostile and secret conspiracies permeate all layers of society.

Feelings of anxiety and uncertainty also help fuel conspiracy theories. Such emotions function as a psychological warning signal, leading people to try and make sense of societal events that frighten them. This helps to explain the widespread (and ongoing) speculation that followed impactful events such as 9/11 or the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Together with Nils Jostmann and Michele Acker, we found that feelings of uncertainty, coupled with the feeling that your life is not fully in your control anymore, increases conspiracy thinking. Studies by others researchers confirm that emotions reflecting uncertainty — such as fear or worry — can increase conspiracy beliefs.

How many believers are among us here? We'll be able to guess by counting how many of them scoff at, mock, and dismiss this article.

Weird huh...
I guess you missed the Capitol Building riot.
The one that was planned in advance?
Yeah. It was supposed to have bombed both RNC and DNC headquarters.

Weird huh...

Me either

Trumpism has merged with q-anon and become our new scourge in this nation. It is a sickness.

Aa evidence of this new sickness look at this new conspiracy theory.

It is that Greta Thunberg was at the Trumpist Capitol Hill riot.

“Donald Trump-supporting QAnon conspiracy theorists have been sharing a photo alleging that Greta Thunberg attended the riots on the US Capitol.

A meme circulating online with the caption “nice try, Greta” compares the faces of one of the mob, photographed next to “QAnon shaman” Jake Angeli, with Thunberg’s.”

View attachment 450566
And they're conditioned to just believe it, out of hand.
It is out of hand. It is scary that there are just so many sick people out there. Sick people who refuse to seek help.
What is sick is that the left is trying to paint 75m Trump voters as insurrectionists, racists, and Qanon members.
What is more sick is that the China First democrats are following the money and turning DC into a "green zone" to protect themselves from the voters as Xiden trashes the US economy.
Pathetic. “China First Democrats”. You see what you want to see. Pres.Biden is confronting China and unlike disgraced Trump he is not alienating our allies at the same time.

The merger of q-anon and Trumpism is a sickness. A sickness we need to deal with.
1. "Pathetic!!" LOL!! You know Xiden alienated Canada over the Keystone XL pipeline, and the EU just gave Xiden the finger on China. Stop believing your own lies!! Xiden is a disaster already!!

2. There is no "merger" of Qanon and Trumpism moron. Just us "America First" Trump voters.
Hey idiot, the EU agreement with China ws a direct result of Trump’s policies and actions. Trump drew the EU into the arms of the Chinese. Read a fucking newspaper and break out of your Trumpist cult mentality.
I like the way you spin lies without any link proving your post. Who kept the Chinese out of our power grid, and who let them in? Who kept Huawei out, and tariffs on? Who took $billions from China to "invest"?
Trump lost Europe to the Chinese. Now Biden has to fix Trump’s fuck ups.

The Trump family has profited handsomely from its ties with China.
1. Trump had some ties made in China, so what? The Xidens got a cool $1,500,000,000 to "invest" for China.

2. Not only that $1.5b, but a cool $10m a year just for "introductions".

3. So show any links where the Trump family took cash gifts from China, you can't.
What nonsense. 1.5 billion. Get a life.

The Trump Administration in the end proved very helpful to the Growth of Chinese power. You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth.
Liar.

Trumpism has merged with q-anon and become our new scourge in this nation. It is a sickness.

“Donald Trump-supporting QAnon conspiracy theorists have been sharing a photo alleging that Greta Thunberg attended the riots on the US Capitol.

A meme circulating online with the caption “nice try, Greta” compares the faces of one of the mob, photographed next to “QAnon shaman” Jake Angeli, with Thunberg’s.”

View attachment 450566
It is out of hand. It is scary that there are just so many sick people out there. Sick people who refuse to seek help.
What is sick is that the left is trying to paint 75m Trump voters as insurrectionists, racists, and Qanon members.
What is more sick is that the China First democrats are following the money and turning DC into a "green zone" to protect themselves from the voters as Xiden trashes the US economy.
Pathetic. “China First Democrats”. You see what you want to see. Pres.Biden is confronting China and unlike disgraced Trump he is not alienating our allies at the same time.

The merger of q-anon and Trumpism is a sickness. A sickness we need to deal with.
1. "Pathetic!!" LOL!! You know Xiden alienated Canada over the Keystone XL pipeline, and the EU just gave Xiden the finger on China. Stop believing your own lies!! Xiden is a disaster already!!

2. There is no "merger" of Qanon and Trumpism moron. Just us "America First" Trump voters.
Hey idiot, the EU agreement with China ws a direct result of Trump’s policies and actions. Trump drew the EU into the arms of the Chinese. Read a fucking newspaper and break out of your Trumpist cult mentality.
I like the way you spin lies without any link proving your post. Who kept the Chinese out of our power grid, and who let them in? Who kept Huawei out, and tariffs on? Who took $billions from China to "invest"?

1. Trump had some ties made in China, so what? The Xidens got a cool $1,500,000,000 to "invest" for China.

3. So show any links where the Trump family took cash gifts from China, you can't.

The Trump Administration in the end proved very helpful to the Growth of Chinese power. You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth.
Liar.
It’s the truth.

There have always been and will always be "conspiracy theorists."
The problem we have today is that politicians, Republican politicians, are legimizing these fantasies and weaponizing the "believers," not just as voters and supports but as an armed wing ready to do violence.

We have seen the behaviour here when some believer beginst talking about using violence to correct their fantasized hurts.

Those politicians need to held to account for encouraging and abetting the crimes of their followers.

Well, you of the Reich would never deliberately spread absurd conspiracy theories...

View attachment 450657

Do try to be a little less stupid.

Since you'll never find anywhere that I've pushed any conspiracy theories that makes you a liar, ignorant, and most likely, a Q-Man.

They accuse others for which they themselves are guilty of. They are left with classic projection. It's the only tool left in their bag of shit.

View attachment 450566

Biden is confronting China--WTH? Biden is giving us empty words while he and his family still take chinese bribes all while Biden is doing things like crashing the US oil markets which will China billions$$$.

Putting up the WALLS around DEM strongholds tells us that Biden and his fellow crooks know that their actions are going to be so bad for the US that the US will be seeking them out.

View attachment 450566

Yeah, evidently 70+ million who voted for Biden. I agree with you.
I see you have the q-anon sickness. 70 million who voted for Biden? Try 80 plus million. You are part of the problem. A refusal to acknowledge the truth. Still clinging to lies. Seek help immediately.

Russia, Russia, Russia...I know you wingnuts still believe in that hoax, right?
We could if we wanted to. Just apply the Trump method of ignoring reality.

Trump collided with Russia. It was never fully investigated and if were, we’d be proven right. No thinking person believes that they didn’t collide. Just a bunch of brainwashed people lied to by the media.

LOL...wow and the Russia conspiracy hoax is still alive and well with the brainwashed. Mueller ring any bells?
Mueller was a Trump appointed crony. He was appointed to cover it up. You think they’d let anyone upset the apple cart?

We need a real investigation.
The only person that Mueller covered for was Hilliary Clinton and himself--the evidence shows this hun.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

View attachment 450566

Liar.
It’s the truth.
Our floundering response to the pandemic certainly gave them a leg up.

Keep up the good work, Mac. You're doing a fine job in defending our honorable government and powerful people. Because you know, they would NEVER do anything bad! History has shown that!

You're a good little bootlicker, Mac! :itsok: Hurry along to start more threads!
Are you a Qanon supporter?

Either you didn't read my post #72 on this thread (and my many other posts on this topic on other threads) or you're just dense. Not sure which.

But I'll answer your question and try to be extra clear for you. No, I'm not and never have been. Why, because it was obvious to me from the start that it's a psyop. A deception. Plus, why anyone would put so much trust in an anonymous source is beyond me.

NC posted a thread on how this same tactic has been used in the past. You really should read his thread and learn something new:

The only person that Mueller covered for was Hilliary Clinton and himself--the evidence shows this hun.
Nope. Mueller was constantly under the thumb of Trump and his appointees. It was a cover up. Through and through.

Who do you think Mueller worked for? Not me. He worked for Trump.

Hey Macster.
Do you know what per cent of the 74 million Trump voters subscribe to this whipping post called Qanon?

I don't think so. Carry on with this deflective narrative. Your Commissar's appreciate your efforts.

Hey Macster.
Do you know what per cent of the 74 million Trump voters subscribe to this whipping post called Qanon?

I don't think so. Carry on with this deflective narrative. Your Commissar's appreciate your efforts.
56% of those people believe all or most of it. The remainder pick and choose their nuttiness

Virtually all believe there is a "deep state" and that Trump won the election.

Mass insanity

Hey Macster. Do you know what per cent of the 74 million Trump voters subscribe to this whipping post called Qanon?
A significantly higher percentage than the 81+ million Biden voters. Not even close.

If you don't like me pointing that out, too bad.

The main problem is that it's a partisan political narrative lacking a numerical evidentiary base in reality.
Nonetheless, carry on.....

Hey Macster. Do you know what per cent of the 74 million Trump voters subscribe to this whipping post called Qanon?
A significantly higher percentage than the 81+ million Biden voters. Not even close.

If you don't like me pointing that out, too bad.

The main problem is that it's a partisan political narrative lacking a numerical evidentiary base in reality.
Nonetheless, carry on.....
Sure, okay Q.

Either you didn't read my post #72 on this thread (and my many other posts on this topic on other threads) or you're just dense. Not sure which.

But I'll answer your question and try to be extra clear for you. No, I'm not and never have been. Why, because it was obvious to me from the start that it's a psyop. A deception. Plus, why anyone would put so much trust in an anonymous source is beyond me.

NC posted a thread on how this same tactic has been used in the past. You really should read his thread and learn something new:

Meh. It's just Mac playing the same old dumb games. He got issues.

No MAGArats believe the QAnon thing?

Funny how you keep repeating garbage that QAnon spouts.

Why can't you admit it? Ya kinda know it's batshit and just can't let go?

Let your freak flag fly Q . Be proud. You know something no one else does. Your special!

Not only should you admit it...proclaim it!

Forum List

Back