The real Russian casualty figures?

Meh, historically Russians shrug-off high causalities. Bear in mind they have only committed but a fraction of their 1.1 million active and their 2M reserve .mil.

I'm more interested in current Ukrainian .mil strength and causality figures.....Good luck finding anything about those. If you depend on the western press the only ones seem to be dying/getting wounded are civilians.

Before the war Ukraine's .mil was around 1.2M (active and reserves) so Putin went in a bit light by my estimation.

Whichever number you choose to believe, it ain't good. If these numbers published in the Russian state organ are accurate, it gives credibility to the phrase, "the truth is somewhere in the middle".

It's about right.... An invading Force needs roughly three times the soldiers of their opposition to face them down on equal basis. In this case 175,000 Russian troops went up against 300 to 400,000 ukrainians. That's like running face first into a buzz saw... I'm surprised the casualties weren't much higher to tell you the truth. To do the job right they would have needed roughly half a million soldiers. Three to one is what they teach in military college for an invasion Force.

Meh, historically Russians shrug-off high causalities. Bear in mind they have only committed but a fraction of their 1.1 million active and their 2M reserve .mil.

I'm more interested in current Ukrainian .mil strength and causality figures.....Good luck finding anything about those. If you depend on the western press the only ones seem to be dying/getting wounded are civilians.

Before the war Ukraine's .mil was around 1.2M (active and reserves) so Putin went in a bit light by my estimation.
He went in way light.... And I seriously doubt that it was his preferred option. What most of these guys are missing is the fact that Russia is in a self-defense posture more than people realized.

When Putin's idol, Josef Stalin, invaded Finland they lost ~150,000 troops in 3 months.
I don't think Putin really gives a fuck about losing thousands of conscripts.

He's probably pissed about losing all those tanks though. Those Javelins, and to an even greater extent, those Swiss NLAWs, which cost a fraction of the price of a Javelin, are just decimating Russian armor.

The Russians have never had to face those kind of advanced guided anti-tank weapons.

Last edited:
When Putin's idol, Josef Stalin, invaded Finland they lost ~150,000 troops in 3 months.
I don't think Putin really gives a fuck about losing thousands of conscripts.

He's probably pissed about losing all those tanks though. Those Javelins, and to an even greater extent, those Swiss NLAWs are just decimating Russian armor.

The Russians have never had to face those kind of advanced guided anti-tank weapons.
Don't forget oil sales and his economy are in a death spiral. Way to take attention away from his poor Covid handling..

Forum List

Back