The reality of being standed in an EV in a snowstorm

I never get stranded in the snow I just drop the truck into 4WD Low and let the 8 cylinder engine do the work.
You understand that too much power to the wheels can get you stuck just as quick as not enough, don't you?

Uh huh.

Then you should know that an 8 cylinder engine isn't a problem.
Two pickups start across a muddy field at the same speed. Equally experienced drivers, trucks identical except one is a 6 cylinder and one is a V8. One gets stuck, and the other doesn't. Which one is stuck, and why.

So you are standed in an EV in a snowstorm;

"On the plus side, and EV can keep you warm quite well. Most EVs have electric seat heaters, which will keep one side of you toasty and keep you alive, even if the other side gets cold. They only draw about 60 watts (per seat) but a 20% degraded EV battery can provide that from full for almost a month! (That’s not true in a Tesla TSLA -3.5%, which won’t turn on the seat heater without running he computer, and the computer draws 240 watts and would only last a week.) A gasoline car, on the other hand, uses around 0.16 gallons/hour to idle, and thus can not idle for nearly that long, though that keeps the whole car warm. Idling an engine to keep you warm is vastly less efficient than doing it directly with wires in your seat.

Of course, drivers would prefer to heat the whole interior — but a full battery should be able to do that for around 3 days. Nobody has a full battery, but it’s still likely to beat the gasoline car. Particularly because with an EV, you can set the heat low and use less energy, which is not the case with the idling gas car."

Nobody cares about the fringe opinions from those opining in the internet nethesphere from the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Northwest :hello77:

The entire country saw this story.... thousands of cars jammed for hours in a bitter cold snowstorm.

Only the kOOks think the perception from the masses was, "Hey....that'd be really cool to be in an EV in that!"

navel-gazing.jpg

Two pickups start across a muddy field at the same speed. Equally experienced drivers, trucks identical except one is a 6 cylinder and one is a V8. One gets stuck, and the other doesn't. Which one is stuck, and why.
If the guy with the 8 knows what he's doing it's not an issue.

If you're as experienced as you say you should know this.

A law that does nothing more than set a goal. It doesn't mandate zero emissions. It sets a goal of having zero emissions. Are you too dumb to know the difference?

Why is it when a Republican says something, every progressive takes it at face value, literally, but when progressives pass an ACTUAL LAW we are misunderstanding their intent?

The law bans any non zero emission car from being sold after 2035. ICE vehicles are not zero emission, ergo I will not be able to buy one in NY after 2035.

Even if this is just a "goal" if EV's are supposed to be vastly superior by 2035 why do they have to be banned by then?

No one wants to answer that question.

If the guy with the 8 knows what he's doing it's not an issue.

If you're as experienced as you say you should know this.
The drivers are equally experienced. I assume they have both driven 6's and V8s

Btw....as we know, reality is 95% perception.

This was a PR disaster for electric vehicles!

As if people didn't have enough stress in their lives....having to leave your little electric car out on the freeway for days. How awesome is that? :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Why is it when a Republican says something, every progressive takes it at face value, literally, but when progressives pass an ACTUAL LAW we are misunderstanding their intent?

The law bans any non zero emission car from being sold after 2035. ICE vehicles are not zero emission, ergo I will not be able to buy one in NY after 2035.

Even if this is just a "goal" if EV's are supposed to be vastly superior by 2035 why do they have to be banned by then?

Again, I ask for the law that specifically banns ICE vehicles.

Again, I ask for the law that specifically banns ICE vehicles.

My complaint was about not being able to buy a new one, which is what the law states. I never claimed it bans them entirely, but we all know that would be the next step.

Again, please tell me why if EV's will be the superior product in 2035 that new ICE vehicles need to be banned for sale by then?

At this growth rate, how long before they become the backbone of our generating capacity?

• Electricity from renewable energy sources grew at the fastest rate in two decades during 2020, according to a new report from the International Energy Agency.
  • Capacity added jumped 45% to 280 gigawatts last year.
  • The increase is poised to become the “new normal” as supportive policies and declining costs drive adoption, IEA said.
  • Renewables grew at fastest rate in two decades last year, IEA says in new report

"grew"

"jumped"

"increased"

"fastest rate"

All loose association words/phrases that bamboozle the rubes.

The material question is...."As compared to what?"

:iyfyus.jpg::cul2::cul2:

Btw....as we know, reality is 95% perception.

This was a PR disaster for electric vehicles!

As if people didn't have enough stress in their lives....having to leave your little electric car out on the freeway for days. How awesome is that? :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:
I can tell you really want it to be a disaster, just like you wanted a couple of black folk voting for trump to become a massive WALK AWAY movement. You should be getting used to disappointment by now.

It's hard to get people to answer nonsensical questions.
A goal of accomplishing something is not the same as a law requiring it. Are you really that dumb?

It's hard to get people to answer nonsensical questions.
A goal of accomplishing something is not the same as a law requiring it. Are you really that dumb?

The law says new ICE vehicles won't be sold in NY in 2035 anymore.

Will I be able to buy one then or not? Again, if EV's are the future, why does government have to ban the sale of new ones?

Forum List

Back