The repub nightmare scenario may happen as trump hedges on supporting repub nominee in 2024

Trump's power can be seen in the fact that the most significant alternate choice is afraid to challenge Trump.
As to Trump's chances of winning if he's the chosen candidate? From an unbiased POV, it's still hard to read with any certainty, even though there are some indications that Trump could have fallen from favour.
And of course there's the Biden factor and the appearance that he is leading America in a war that could end all wars by America.
Does America dare to own the war, for the sake of domestic politics?
1. Desantis is NOT afraid to challenge Trump.
2. If Trump wins the GOP nomination, which I doubt since he is "damaged goods", he should beat any democrat.
3. The "Biden Factor" is still developing. The Biden Crime Family is about to start getting indicted.
4. My fear is that if the Law starts closing in on Biden that he "wags the dog" and starts a real war.

Just imagine folks, Trump and DeSantis both throwing their hats in the ring early, to go head to head as early as spring or summer?

Then understand why that can never happen!

I don't think DeSantis is going to primary Trump.

Doesn't make sense. He wouldn't have bothered with getting reelected last year if he wanted to spend the coming summer in Dubuque shaking greasy hands and kissing ugly babies. Besides, summer is a big time in Florida, with all of the hurricanes and other excitement they have when its hot.

So when the democrats and MSM call Trump a "threat to democracy" and show the J6 "insurrection" videos all day and all night, that hurts his chances.

But when Republicans start hammering Trump as "a threat to democracy" and "unfit for office" because of how he treated Mike Pence and his "circle of criminals and tax dodgers" that will end Trump's 3rd party run.

Except that no one believes that nonsense.

President Trump is our direction.
The only viable, sustainable direction.

The GOP should have taken his common sense ideas and fought for them. Instead, they appear to be a willing Runner Up Finisher. They will be relegated to that position accordingly per their wishes.

So when the democrats and MSM call Trump a "threat to democracy" and show the J6 "insurrection" videos all day and all night, that hurts his chances.

But when Republicans start hammering Trump as "a threat to democracy" and "unfit for office" because of how he treated Mike Pence and his "circle of criminals and tax dodgers" that will end Trump's 3rd party run.
Well done on exploring some possibilities, but do you really think anybody cares about Pence?
The only possibility with that would be them sincerely believing in jesus too, and then putting that over their extremist poliitics.

Doesn't make sense. He wouldn't have bothered with getting reelected last year if he wanted to spend the coming summer in Dubuque shaking greasy hands and kissing ugly babies. Besides, summer is a big time in Florida, with all of the hurricanes and other excitement they have when its hot.

It's no longer about kissing babies and shaking hands.
The days of politicians making friends and influencing people have been replaced with winning the ballot harvesting contest.

The repubs are cowards who trump has led around on a chain for so long, they don't have the guts to escape his control and now will need to deal with his wrath.

If the fat, orange, whiner does not get the 2024 nomination, he will blow up the repub party. COUNT ON IT!

OIP.TKyywvSSRpFupiIXD2ZS1gHaEr

"EITHER I AM THE NOMINEE OR.....IT IS GOING TO GET UGLY."
jimboliar is lecturing us on cowards and whiners! Hahahahahahahahahaha

Trump has as much support among Republicans as he had going into the 2016 primaries. That is, about 30 percent.

Trump won the 2016 nomination because there were 19 candidates.

So the more Republican candidates there are in 2024, the better Trump's chances of winning the nomination again.

DeSantis and Haley already have one foot in the clown car. Rubio is kicking the tires.

The GOP should have taken his common sense ideas and fought for them. Instead, they appear to be a willing Runner Up Finisher. They will be relegated to that position accordingly per their wishes.

Sadly they are very happy being out of power.
It doesn't change the perks at all and they get invited to the good parties.

Please post the link where "Republicans start hammering Trump as "a threat to democracy" and "unfit for office" because of how he treated Mike Pence and his "circle of criminals and tax dodgers" that will end Trump's 3rd party run."

I really want to see that, Mister Santos.

Actually, I've consistently made the point that I don't believe it either. DeSantis understands that he must remain the bride'smaid as long as Trump's hat is in the ring.

I said imagine in the summer and I followed it with suggesting that it will never happen.

And to make the point again: DeSantis is your next president if Trump is 'somehow' eliminated or he drops out.

Please post the link where "Republicans start hammering Trump as "a threat to democracy" and "unfit for office" because of how he treated Mike Pence and his "circle of criminals and tax dodgers" that will end Trump's 3rd party run."

I really want to see that, Mister Santos.
Did the primaries start yet? All's fair in love and politics.

Trump has as much support among Republicans as he had going into the 2016 primaries. That is, about 30 percent.
So the more Republican candidates there are in 2024, the better Trump's chances of winning the nomination again.
DeSantis and Haley already have one foot in the clown car. Rubio is kicking the tires.
1. Correct about Trump vs the number of candidates, which is why the RNC will be very selective as to who will be allowed on the stage. It won't be 19. We're being polled all the time by the RNC.
2. Desantis was a Navy Seal, he's no clown. Neither is Nikki.

You want clowns, look at Biden and Kamala.

That President Trump is a threat to democracy.
If you watch CNN, MSNBC, and the rest of the MSM that is whatv they are calling him because of the J6 "insurrection" and his goons trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power. Just saying that if he runs 3rd party the GOP will also slam him for it.

30% is the winning number. l
The election comes later.
DeSantis is the most serious challenger who has to sit in the background on account of him not being confident he can muster up 30%.

If Trump drops out or is 'eliminated' then DeSantis gets Trump's 30% and can combine that with the 20+- he already would have.

BTW, it won't be a "nightmare scenario" to the GOP establishment- if they can deny the Trumpster the nomination. And I don't think they would even want Trump's support for their candidate if they nominate Cheney or Hogan or the latest member of the Bush Family in 2024.

Getting rid of the Trumpsters is their goal, not necessarily winning the election- just regaining "Republican respectability"

Forum List

Back