🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The repub party is testing our country's democracy

So you want states to have their electors cast their vote for someone who lost that state just because he got the majority of the national popular vote?
No, I want an amendment to do away with the arcane EC and elect our president by a national popular vote.

And sometimes they prevent corrupt politicians from doing corrupt shit.

Not that you give a shit when it’s your corrupt politician doing corrupt shit you like.

They shouldn't have that power. They are cogs in the machine, not the persons driving the machine.

Elections are supposed to mean something.

How many rallies did Trump have in California when running for president in 2016?

Zero.

Tell me how it makes sense that the largest state in the union can’t even garner one visit by the president?
If he went 50 times, do you think he would have changed the outcome of that state's vote?
It's what is know as wasted money if he had.

Well, TRUMP! did something right. I mean, we went from "Russia! Russia! Russia!" to the most secure election in our nation's history in just 4 short years. He managed to shut down all foreign interference, at least that's what one gleans by observing the change from the panting hyperbole in '16 to the crickets on the subject in '20.
It’s hard to give credit to Trump for something that he was almost certainly completely unaware of.

The people that secured the election was mostly the deep state that Trump and other republicans are campaigning on trying to be able to eliminate en masse and replace them with political loyalists.

Hell, the guy that said it was “the most secure election ever” was fired by Trump shortly after saying that.

So sorry if I don’t get Trump credit. He doesn’t seem to be on the same side as the rest of the government.

Good thing the FF were light years smarter than you.
They were smart enough to put in the Amendment process. The country then was made up of mostly rural farming communities. That's where most of the people lived, not in the big cities. Today it is just the opposite. Time to reflect that change, as well as all the other technological changes/advances in practically every aspect of life, in government.

If he went 50 times, do you think he would have changed the outcome of that state's vote?
It's what is know as wasted money if he had.
Exactly my point! The fact that it would have been a waste of money is how the electoral college distorts politics by creating bad incentives.

Exactly my point! The fact that it would have been a waste of money is how the electoral college distorts politics by creating bad incentives.
No it doesn't distort politics.
It makes sure that all the states are represented, not just 7 or 8 states.

The FF's were a lot smarter than you, than me, and the entire political stables. :smoke:

No it doesn't distort politics.
It makes sure that all the states are represented, not just 7 or 8 states.

The FF's were a lot smarter than you, than me, and the entire political stables. :smoke:
How are all states represented now when a Republican president has no reason to campaign in California?

All states would be better represented by a national popular vote because a candidate would benefit from anyone’s vote in any state.

Right now, the only states that matter are 7 or 8 swing states.

How are all states represented now when a Republican president has no reason to campaign in California?

All states would be better represented by a national popular vote because a candidate would benefit from anyone’s vote in any state.

You seem frightened of something,........

There is a finite amount of money each campaign has. They put it where it will do
the most good to get them across the finish line. This isn't rocket science.
AND, you're straying from the topic I was referencing with you.

Did Biden hit ALL 50 STATES? hmmmm....

There is a finite amount of money each campaign has. They put it where it will do

I think he has fallen down in all of them.

No one hits all states because the system is dysfunctional and disincentivizes campaigning around the country.

That’s the problem with the electoral college. Most people’s vote are meaningless.

The only states that matter are the swing states.

Without the electoral college, everyone’s vote matters, which takes away the incentive to only campaign and pander to the a handful of states.

Forum List

Back