The Republican/Conservative Misery Offensive.

Historically that's been the case under conservative Presidents in this country.

The biggest advance for small businesses and labor in this country..was under FDR.

A President you folks loath.

What has been the case ?

And what is your proof regarding FDR ?

You are very correct in that, given the chance, I'd dig up his ass, shoot and burn it, and not bother to rebury it.

Really?

We have a middle class in this country.

There was no sizable middle class before FDR.

More incredibly wrong horseshit. Henry Ford built 20 million model 'T's by 1927. Who bought them, the poor?

There were a lot of things that went on before FDR (or that were changing).

Is that really the basis of your statement ?

You didn't answer the first question.

Yeah..there were.

The Great Triangle Fire.

Robber Barons.

Monopolies.

Child Labor.

You know..the stuff you guys love.

Been in the Kool-Aid I see.

First, show me where I ever said I love any of that...where anyone on this board said that. From the board, asshole. Show me.

Next, if you really want to stick your head up your ass and ignore all the changes that were taking place, be my guest.

But to think that FDR somehow created the middle class is fodder for John Stewart.

You going to answer that first question or shall we just let it go as another one of your brainfarts ?

The question was answered for you.

There was no discernible Middle Class prior to FDR. FDR's New Deal was what made the middle class. Unions are what are responsible for social mobility in this country. The metrics bear that out and starkly. Because you can see the reverse happening as well. The less participation in Unions the more stagnant the wages are for labor.

Nothing you advocate for helps labor or small business.

Yeah..there were.

The Great Triangle Fire.

Robber Barons.

Monopolies.

Child Labor.

You know..the stuff you guys love.

First, show me where I ever said I love any of that...where anyone on this board said that. From the board, asshole. Show me.

Next, if you really want to stick your head up your ass and ignore all the changes that were taking place, be my guest.

But to think that FDR somehow created the middle class is fodder for John Stewart.

You going to answer that first question or shall we just let it go as another one of your brainfarts ?

There was no discernible Middle Class prior to FDR. FDR's New Deal was what made the middle class. Unions are what are responsible for social mobility in this country. The metrics bear that out and starkly. Because you can see the reverse happening as well. The less participation in Unions the more stagnant the wages are for labor.

Duh, wrong. After 8 years of the New Deal this country still had 15% unemployment. The metrics don't bare out anything you've claimed. Also, unions are not responsible for social mobility. We've always had social mobility in this country since the days of the American Revolution.

What has been the case ?

And what is your proof regarding FDR ?

You are very correct in that, given the chance, I'd dig up his ass, shoot and burn it, and not bother to rebury it.

Really?

More incredibly wrong horseshit. Henry Ford built 20 million model 'T's by 1927. Who bought them, the poor?

First off..you are off.

Ford Motor Company unveils the Model T ? History.com This Day in History ? 10/1/1908

Secondly, although expensive, Ford made them "affordable" to most Americans.

Third, car companies didn't take off in this country until after WWII.

Duh, wrong. After 8 years of the New Deal this country still had 15% unemployment. The metrics don't bare out anything you've claimed. Also, unions are not responsible for social mobility. We've always had social mobility in this country since the days of the American Revolution.

:lol:

You are correct, but the problem with people like Sallow is they are very SHALLOW...their depth of knowledge lacks DEPTH...they live in a world of lies, unreality, and leftist dogma. It is impossible to reach them, as facts and truth mean nothing to them.

Anyone who thinks the New Deal worked, obviously has a screw loose....lots of loose screws.

Hence forth, I suggest we refer to Sallow as SHALLOW!

Last edited:

You are correct, but the problem with people like Sallow is they are very SHALLOW...their depth of knowledge lacks DEPTH...they live in a world of lies, unreality, and leftist dogma. It is impossible to reach them, as facts and truth mean nothing to them.

Anyone who thinks the New Deal worked, obviously has a screw loose....lots of loose screws.

Seriously?

After the American Revolution a good part of the population were slaves. And, those that weren't? Many couldn't vote. Social mobility was almost impossible. Heck, drinking the water in this country was a crap shoot. Life was miserable for a very long time.

Seriously?

After the American Revolution a good part of the population were slaves. And, those that weren't? Many couldn't vote. Social mobility was almost impossible. Heck, drinking the water in this country was a crap shoot. Life was miserable for a very long time.

Yeah, and they didn't have electricity or flat screen TVs either!

Seriously?

We can thank science, government regulations and advancement of economics for the improvement of life.

Conservatives want to roll all of this back.

"Dumbass" is a more accurate label for him.

Seriously?

We can thank science, government regulations and advancement of economics for the improvement of life.

Government didn't invent the electric light or the television.

Seriously?

The world is completely different then your world. That world is gone.... ;)

Really?

First off..you are off.

Ford Motor Company unveils the Model T ? History.com This Day in History ? 10/1/1908

No, I'm not off. Your own article says "the era of the Model T came to an end and the last one rolled off the assembly line on May 26, 1927."

Ford built 20 million Model 'T's, so that means I was exactly on.

"Affordable" doesn't mean poor people could buy them. It means middle class people could buy them. Prior to Henry Ford, only rich people could afford to buy a car.

ROFL! You really are one dumbass lib, Sallow. What part of "20 million Model 'T's" didn't you understand? Why do you think they called the 20s the "roaring 20s?" When do you think they built the Chrysler building in New York? The Empire State building?

Seriously?

The world is completely different then your world. That world is gone.... ;)

Yes, thanks to turds like you who think government is the solution for every problem.

Seriously?

Government didn't invent the electric light or the television.

the Government did supply the money for their R&D ... do you ever read history at all??? or do you just run off at the mouth ??? the government hired Edison and Tesla to create a electric light system that would last a long time ... as we all found out tesla Idea of AC was better then Edisons Idea of DC lighting ... why??? becaue it took more power to Transmit over the wire for dc then it did AC ... but you and history as I pointed on in your last post on when ww2 started you don't seem to be well educated ... must of been one of these non-public schools you went to huh!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

First off..you are off.

No, I'm not off. Your own article says "the era of the Model T came to an end and the last one rolled off the assembly line on May 26, 1927."

"Affordable" doesn't mean poor people could buy them. It means middle class people could buy them. Prior to Henry Ford, only rich people could afford to buy a car.

ROFL! You really are one dumbass lib, Sallow. What part of "20 million Model 'T's" didn't you understand? Why do you think they called the 20s the "roaring 20s?" When do you think they built the Chrysler building in New York? The Empire State building?
On October 1, 1908, the first production Model T Ford is completed at the company's Piquette Avenue plant in Detroit. Between 1908 and 1927, Ford would build some 15 million Model T cars. I

You're off by 5 Million and it took some 19 years to build those cars.

Additionally..

Model T

The Model T was introduced on October 1, 1908. It had the steering wheel on the left, which every other company soon copied. The entire engine and transmission were enclosed; the four cylinders were cast in a solid block; the suspension used two semi-elliptic springs. The car was very simple to drive, and easy and cheap to repair. It was so cheap at $825 in 1908 ($21,430 today) (the price fell every year) that by the 1920s, a majority of American drivers had learned to drive on the Model T.[12]

Ford created a huge publicity machine in Detroit to ensure every newspaper carried stories and ads about the new product. Ford's network of local dealers made the car ubiquitous in almost every city in North America. As independent dealers, the franchises grew rich and publicized not just the Ford but the concept of automobiling; local motor clubs sprang up to help new drivers and to encourage exploring the countryside. Ford was always eager to sell to farmers, who looked on the vehicle as a commercial device to help their business. Sales skyrocketed—several years posted 100% gains on the previous year. Always on the hunt for more efficiency and lower costs, in 1913 Ford introduced the moving assembly belts into his plants, which enabled an enormous increase in production. Although Ford is often credited with the idea, contemporary sources indicate that the concept and its development came from employees Clarence Avery, Peter E. Martin, Charles E. Sorensen, and C. Harold Wills.[13] (See Piquette Plant)
Ford assembly line, 1913

Sales passed 250,000 in 1914. By 1916, as the price dropped to $360 for the basic touring car, sales reached 472,000.[14] (Using the consumer price index, this price was equivalent to $7,020 in 2008 dollars.)
Henry Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ford kept the price of the car very low so most Americans could afford them. However the automobile didn't take off in this country until the 1950s when interstates were built.

You really should pick up a book.

That's great...if you are part of the group that is benefiting from this. Which many are not.

No, we are not healing. There is nothing that indicates we are getting back to where we were.

Unemployment looks to remain high and would be even higher except for workforce participation.

When I look at those charts, I see lines growing. That is healing. Who knows what you see?

btw, this is the attachment from above which for some reason, is no longer visible. This graph shows growth in employment in the private sector...

View attachment 29035

pubprivtrend711.jpg
My chart is a percentage of the population, showing that the private sector is growing at a faster rate than population growth. i.e., healing.

Last edited:
First off..you are off.

On October 1, 1908, the first production Model T Ford is completed at the company's Piquette Avenue plant in Detroit. Between 1908 and 1927, Ford would build some 15 million Model T cars. I

You're off by 5 Million and it took some 19 years to build those cars.

Additionally..

Model T

The Model T was introduced on October 1, 1908. It had the steering wheel on the left, which every other company soon copied. The entire engine and transmission were enclosed; the four cylinders were cast in a solid block; the suspension used two semi-elliptic springs. The car was very simple to drive, and easy and cheap to repair. It was so cheap at $825 in 1908 ($21,430 today) (the price fell every year) that by the 1920s, a majority of American drivers had learned to drive on the Model T.[12]

Ford created a huge publicity machine in Detroit to ensure every newspaper carried stories and ads about the new product. Ford's network of local dealers made the car ubiquitous in almost every city in North America. As independent dealers, the franchises grew rich and publicized not just the Ford but the concept of automobiling; local motor clubs sprang up to help new drivers and to encourage exploring the countryside. Ford was always eager to sell to farmers, who looked on the vehicle as a commercial device to help their business. Sales skyrocketed—several years posted 100% gains on the previous year. Always on the hunt for more efficiency and lower costs, in 1913 Ford introduced the moving assembly belts into his plants, which enabled an enormous increase in production. Although Ford is often credited with the idea, contemporary sources indicate that the concept and its development came from employees Clarence Avery, Peter E. Martin, Charles E. Sorensen, and C. Harold Wills.[13] (See Piquette Plant)
Ford assembly line, 1913

Sales passed 250,000 in 1914. By 1916, as the price dropped to $360 for the basic touring car, sales reached 472,000.[14] (Using the consumer price index, this price was equivalent to $7,020 in 2008 dollars.)
Henry Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ford kept the price of the car very low so most Americans could afford them. However the automobile didn't take off in this country until the 1950s when interstates were built.

You really should pick up a book.

The auto production numbers increased in the 1950s due to a number things.

Have you ever heard of the Great Depression (prolonged by your hero until he got us into a needless war) and have you ever heard of WWII? Both contributed to the long drop in auto sales and the concentration of auto production into a few major companies.

Forum List

Back