The Republican/Conservative Misery Offensive.

No, I'm not off. Your own article says "the era of the Model T came to an end and the last one rolled off the assembly line on May 26, 1927."

Ford built 20 million Model 'T's, so that means I was exactly on.

"Affordable" doesn't mean poor people could buy them. It means middle class people could buy them. Prior to Henry Ford, only rich people could afford to buy a car.

ROFL! You really are one dumbass lib, Sallow. What part of "20 million Model 'T's" didn't you understand? Why do you think they called the 20s the "roaring 20s?" When do you think they built the Chrysler building in New York? The Empire State building?

You're off by 5 Million and it took some 19 years to build those cars.

Additionally..

Model T

The Model T was introduced on October 1, 1908. It had the steering wheel on the left, which every other company soon copied. The entire engine and transmission were enclosed; the four cylinders were cast in a solid block; the suspension used two semi-elliptic springs. The car was very simple to drive, and easy and cheap to repair. It was so cheap at $825 in 1908 ($21,430 today) (the price fell every year) that by the 1920s, a majority of American drivers had learned to drive on the Model T.[12]

Ford created a huge publicity machine in Detroit to ensure every newspaper carried stories and ads about the new product. Ford's network of local dealers made the car ubiquitous in almost every city in North America. As independent dealers, the franchises grew rich and publicized not just the Ford but the concept of automobiling; local motor clubs sprang up to help new drivers and to encourage exploring the countryside. Ford was always eager to sell to farmers, who looked on the vehicle as a commercial device to help their business. Sales skyrocketed—several years posted 100% gains on the previous year. Always on the hunt for more efficiency and lower costs, in 1913 Ford introduced the moving assembly belts into his plants, which enabled an enormous increase in production. Although Ford is often credited with the idea, contemporary sources indicate that the concept and its development came from employees Clarence Avery, Peter E. Martin, Charles E. Sorensen, and C. Harold Wills.[13] (See Piquette Plant)
Ford assembly line, 1913

Sales passed 250,000 in 1914. By 1916, as the price dropped to $360 for the basic touring car, sales reached 472,000.[14] (Using the consumer price index, this price was equivalent to $7,020 in 2008 dollars.)
Henry Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ford kept the price of the car very low so most Americans could afford them. However the automobile didn't take off in this country until the 1950s when interstates were built.

You really should pick up a book.

The auto production numbers increased in the 1950s due to a number things.

Have you ever heard of the Great Depression (prolonged by your hero until he got us into a needless war) and have you ever heard of WWII? Both contributed to the long drop in auto sales and the concentration of auto production into a few major companies.

This is no doubt of your fascist ties.

Additionally..

Ford kept the price of the car very low so most Americans could afford them. However the automobile didn't take off in this country until the 1950s when interstates were built.

Have you ever heard of the Great Depression (prolonged by your hero until he got us into a needless war) and have you ever heard of WWII? Both contributed to the long drop in auto sales and the concentration of auto production into a few major companies.

You have that wrong. I believe in maximum individual liberty (even for you) and extremely limited government.

You on the other hand, are the fascist.

Yeah..there were.

The Great Triangle Fire.

Robber Barons.

Monopolies.

Child Labor.

You know..the stuff you guys love.

Been in the Kool-Aid I see.

First, show me where I ever said I love any of that...where anyone on this board said that. From the board, asshole. Show me.

Next, if you really want to stick your head up your ass and ignore all the changes that were taking place, be my guest.

But to think that FDR somehow created the middle class is fodder for John Stewart.

You going to answer that first question or shall we just let it go as another one of your brainfarts ?

The question was answered for you.

There was no discernible Middle Class prior to FDR. FDR's New Deal was what made the middle class. Unions are what are responsible for social mobility in this country. The metrics bear that out and starkly. Because you can see the reverse happening as well. The less participation in Unions the more stagnant the wages are for labor.

Nothing you advocate for helps labor or small business.

Horsecrap.

This is nothing but selective data to back up an ideology. You've got nothing in the way of metrics that show the relationship you claim existed. Many writers don't think the middle class showed up unitil after WWII.

Second, the middle class wasn't anything that could exist until the industrial revolution got itself straight.

Why do you think SS was so necessary (at the time) ? Older workers who normally had a glide path were being marginalized by the new age.

When I look at those charts, I see lines growing. That is healing. Who knows what you see?

btw, this is the attachment from above which for some reason, is no longer visible. This graph shows growth in employment in the private sector...

View attachment 29035

pubprivtrend711.jpg
My chart is a percentage of the population, showing that the private sector is growing at a faster rate than population growth. i.e., healing.

It would be nice if one chart really did describe things.

Please post the UE numbers and workforce participation.

You have that wrong. I believe in maximum individual liberty (even for you) and extremely limited government.

No true American thought WWII was "needless".

You are no true American.

You are a fascist.

When is the low information left going to realize that their boy is in the White House and they own 2/3 of the government? Stop whining like a bunch of losers or you are really going to be losers.

You are a fascist.

Lot's of "true Americans" thought that. The smarter ones know that FDR and Churchill forced the Japanese into attacking by cutting off their oil supply.

You are a fascist.

No true American would disallow a point of view by calling it fascist.

What does that make you ?

Been in the Kool-Aid I see.

First, show me where I ever said I love any of that...where anyone on this board said that. From the board, asshole. Show me.

Next, if you really want to stick your head up your ass and ignore all the changes that were taking place, be my guest.

But to think that FDR somehow created the middle class is fodder for John Stewart.

You going to answer that first question or shall we just let it go as another one of your brainfarts ?

The question was answered for you.

There was no discernible Middle Class prior to FDR. FDR's New Deal was what made the middle class. Unions are what are responsible for social mobility in this country. The metrics bear that out and starkly. Because you can see the reverse happening as well. The less participation in Unions the more stagnant the wages are for labor.

Nothing you advocate for helps labor or small business.

Horsecrap.

This is nothing but selective data to back up an ideology. You've got nothing in the way of metrics that show the relationship you claim existed. Many writers don't think the middle class showed up unitil after WWII.

Second, the middle class wasn't anything that could exist until the industrial revolution got itself straight.

Why do you think SS was so necessary (at the time) ? Older workers who normally had a glide path were being marginalized by the new age.

First you say "Horsecrap"

Then you wind up agreeing with me?

Do you have schizophrenia? :lol:

You are a fascist.

Lot's of "true Americans" thought that. The smarter ones know that FDR and Churchill forced the Japanese into attacking by cutting off their oil supply.

Only conservatives which supported the Fascism of Nazi Germany felt that the war was wrong.

You are a fascist.

A True American which regards Fascism as Antithetical to American Values.

Fascism has no place in American Politics. Or American Culture.

No, I'm not off. Your own article says "the era of the Model T came to an end and the last one rolled off the assembly line on May 26, 1927."

Ford built 20 million Model 'T's, so that means I was exactly on.

"Affordable" doesn't mean poor people could buy them. It means middle class people could buy them. Prior to Henry Ford, only rich people could afford to buy a car.

ROFL! You really are one dumbass lib, Sallow. What part of "20 million Model 'T's" didn't you understand? Why do you think they called the 20s the "roaring 20s?" When do you think they built the Chrysler building in New York? The Empire State building?

Additionally..

Model T

The Model T was introduced on October 1, 1908. It had the steering wheel on the left, which every other company soon copied. The entire engine and transmission were enclosed; the four cylinders were cast in a solid block; the suspension used two semi-elliptic springs. The car was very simple to drive, and easy and cheap to repair. It was so cheap at $825 in 1908 ($21,430 today) (the price fell every year) that by the 1920s, a majority of American drivers had learned to drive on the Model T.[12]

Ford created a huge publicity machine in Detroit to ensure every newspaper carried stories and ads about the new product. Ford's network of local dealers made the car ubiquitous in almost every city in North America. As independent dealers, the franchises grew rich and publicized not just the Ford but the concept of automobiling; local motor clubs sprang up to help new drivers and to encourage exploring the countryside. Ford was always eager to sell to farmers, who looked on the vehicle as a commercial device to help their business. Sales skyrocketed—several years posted 100% gains on the previous year. Always on the hunt for more efficiency and lower costs, in 1913 Ford introduced the moving assembly belts into his plants, which enabled an enormous increase in production. Although Ford is often credited with the idea, contemporary sources indicate that the concept and its development came from employees Clarence Avery, Peter E. Martin, Charles E. Sorensen, and C. Harold Wills.[13] (See Piquette Plant)
Ford assembly line, 1913

Sales passed 250,000 in 1914. By 1916, as the price dropped to $360 for the basic touring car, sales reached 472,000.[14] (Using the consumer price index, this price was equivalent to $7,020 in 2008 dollars.)
Henry Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WTF?? WWII was a "needless war?"

You righties are fucking nuts. :cuckoo:

For your edification ... We were attacked by the Imperialists in Pearl Harbor. They then allied themselves with Germany, who was in the process of taking over Europe and had begun attacking us. FDR did not "get us into that needless war," the Japanese did. Had FDR capitulated like you would have, we'd all be speaking either Japanese or German by now.

Last edited:

You are a fascist.

Only conservatives which supported the Fascism of Nazi Germany felt that the war was wrong.

No conservatives supported fascism. People who support fascism are fascists. Take the current crop of Democrats, for instance.

No conservatives supported fascism. People who support fascism are fascists. Take the current crop of Democrats, for instance.

Fascism is a conservative ideology.

It's a nexus of government, corporate interests and religion.

It's antithetical to Democracy.

You are a fascist.

Says who ?

If a fascist runs for office and wins...are you saying he is disqualified ?

Who TFRU.

All Obama needs to do is add a little religion and he is there.

Wrong. NAZI economics were exactly the same as Pelosi economics.

Religion wasn't involved, and the word "nexus" is meaningless. It certainly isn't antithetical to democracy. Hitler attained office democratically. Fascism is where factory owners retain a bogus title that confers no rights, and government makes all the business decision. That's exactly the system that Democrats are driving us to.

You are a fascist.

And yet you support the current political leadership and economic system, which by any objective analysis has much in common with Fascism.

You think anyone who believes WWII was needless, must be a fascist. This is proof of your ignorance and intolerance of anyone who disagrees with you...not that further proof was needed. I suspect you have no idea what fascism is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back