The Republican war on the Poor

The alarming stupidity of people like the OP.
The ability to critically think is simply hammered by their inability to get beyond idealism.

Just a simple fact, although I am of course wasting my time...to the OP..the progressive/liberal social programs of the late 1960's - 1980's has done so much incredible harm to America's poor and minorities that to still support these same policies shows a clear handicap of the mind.
You have to either be young and stupid or in the dark of your parents basement to believe that Republicans have hurt poor people more than Democrats.

You have been listening to too much Rush Limbaugh and the like.

Social welfare programs do not damage the country. I know it is the 'thing' here for Repubicans to put down European economies, though you know almost nothing about them, but in the EU countries, where social welfare programs are working, we can see that it doesn't destroy the work ethic of the people. The economies there that are in serious trouble have those problems due to banking issues, just like in the US, not due to social welfare programs. There may be people in the US and in the EU who take advantage of such systems, but the vast majority of those who use them are deserving. As well, such programs help everyone, not just the needy. Would you actually want to live in a country where the children are not educated, where hoards of poor people were begging on the streets, where sick people did not have access to medical care?

As well, the percentage of $ out of your personal pocket to pay for food stamps is miniscule. I keep reading on here "I am paying for these people (food stamp recipients) to buy junk food." The fact is, an individual taxpayer is paying very, very little toward this program: it is only a small percentage of your tax dollar. So even if it were being mispent, it is hardly such big deal as to get yourself in such a self righteous rage about.

That is, without a doubt, THE most ignorant and uninformed post I have ever read.

I don't want to debate it with you because it would be like debating whether or not the Earth has an atmosphere with a 6 year-old.

The economies of Europe, most notably Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and to a lesser extent France, the UK are experiencing terrible problems because of their social entitlements.

Not to mention the effects of Europe's STUPID entitlement programs have on the culture -- Most young men living at home well into their thirties might be a contributing factor in the Birth Rate in Europe being disastrously low. So low that some are predicting the fall of Europe to Islam in the not-too-distant future.

I can't believe that someone would stand up and expose themselves as being so stupid.

Sorry, but there's just no other way to put.

That post was stupid. Beyond belief stupid.

Europe, with the exception of a few Countries, is a cultural, societal and economic disaster.

And it's only getting worse.

In Jan of 2012 the Euro Area unemployment rate was 10.7% and it is now at 12.2%

EUROPA - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - January 2012 Euro area unemployment rate at 10.7% EU27 at 10.1%

Euro Area Unemployment Rate | Actual Data | Forecasts | Calendar

No wonder Europe is in so much trouble. With people like you living and voting inside it, I'm shocked it's managed not to self-destruct already

You are the one who is completely wrong. European economies are in troube due to the world wide depression, which has to do with the same problems in the US, the banking and mortgage problems, not social entitlements. Social programs are suffering now because of the depression, but that is not what caused the depression. Young men and women in Europe do not leave home until they marry. That is the culture and it has always been that way. People are marrying later in life these days, as they are in the US: it is a Western cultural thing, marrying later. It is a European thing for young people to stay in their parents' home until they marry. Europe in no way is a social and economic disaster. Their economies are not in any worse trouble than is the US economy, and their social problems are not any where near as bad as in the US, not by a few thousand miles.

You are the one exposing your stupidity and ignorance.

Last edited:
You have been listening to too much Rush Limbaugh and the like.

Social welfare programs do not damage the country. I know it is the 'thing' here for Republicans to put down European economies, though you know almost nothing about them, but in the EU countries, where social welfare programs are working, we can see that it doesn't destroy the work ethic of the people. The economies there that are in serious trouble have those problems due to banking issues, just like in the US, not due to social welfare programs. There may be people in the US and in the EU who take advantage of such systems, but the vast majority of those who use them are deserving. As well, such programs help everyone, not just the needy. Would you actually want to live in a country where the children are not educated, where hoards of poor people were begging on the streets, and/or where sick people did not have access to medical care?

As well, the percentage of $ out of your personal pocket to pay for food stamps is miniscule. I keep reading on here "I am paying for these people (food stamp recipients) to buy junk food." The fact is, an individual taxpayer is paying very, very little toward this program: it is only a small percentage of your tax dollar. So even if it were being misspent, it is hardly such a big deal about which to get yourself in such a self righteous rage.

I'm bored to tears tonight so I'm thinking I should hunt down what country Esmeralda is from.

Your grammar gives you away that you are not from Canada or the US.

:lmao: :lmao:

Please point out to me errors in my grammar and anything, other than a typo, which is non-standard English. :lol:

BTW, I am sorry your life is so boring. Maybe, you should get off your butt and live.

"I'm bored to tears tonight so I'm thinking I should hunt down what country Esmeralda is from." (I'm bored to tears tonight, so I think I should hunt down from which country Esmeralda comes.)

"Your grammar gives you away that you are not from Canada or the US." (Your grammar gives away the fact you are not from the US or Canada.)

My first thought was "ooh, stalker!" Because I'm pretty sure we'd all know where you are from - if you wanted us to know.

I'm bored to tears tonight so I'm thinking I should hunt down what country Esmeralda is from.

Your grammar gives you away that you are not from Canada or the US.

Please point out to me errors in my grammar and anything, other than a typo, which is non-standard English. :lol:

BTW, I am sorry your life is so boring. Maybe, you should get off your butt and live.

"I'm bored to tears tonight so I'm thinking I should hunt down what country Esmeralda is from." (I'm bored to tears tonight, so I think I should hunt down from which country Esmeralda comes.)

"Your grammar gives you away that you are not from Canada or the US." (Your grammar gives away the fact you are not from the US or Canada.)

My first thought was "ooh, stalker!" Because I'm pretty sure we'd all know where you are from - if you wanted us to know.

I am an American, born and bred. There is no secret about it. My parents were Americans, my grandparents were Canadian and American, their parents were Canadian and American, etc. Some of my antecedents were pioneers who traveled from the East Coast to the West Coast, some were people who fled the Dust Bowl and headed for the West Coast in the 30s. My ethnic background is Northern European: French, English and German. Sorry to disappoint everyone. I can't see how my grammar is problematic, unless it is that it is more correct than that of many Americans. LOL

Last edited:

I am an American, born and bred. There is no secret about it. My parents were Americans, my grandparents were Canadian and American, their parents were Canadian and American, etc. Some of my antecedents were pioneers who traveled from the East Coast to the West Coast, some were people who fled the Dust Bowl and headed for the West Coast in the 30s. My ethnic background is Northern European: French, English and German. Sorry to disappoint everyone. I can't see how my grammar is problematic, unless it is that it is more correct than that of many Americans. LOL

There is no 'everyone' to disappoint.

Well, the 'everyone' like Stephanie who seems to think I'm from a foreign country.

Well, the 'everyone' like Stephanie who seems to think I'm from a foreign country.

Well, Stephanie almost qualifies as an alien life form.

Fine. Republicans are evil and enjoy watching kids starve in the streets. Got it.

Nobody is stopping you from buying poor people clothes and food and distributing them. You did do that, right? You went down to Wal-Mart and bought a cart full of non-perishable foods and a couple winter coats for kids and took them to one of the distribution centers, right? You volunteered your time at a soup kitchen, right?
The idea or concept of helping the poor to get better, is to treat them in a dignified way somehow, so separating them by these distributive ways or means in which you have spoken about here, has the tendency in some peoples minds to make them feel even more less qualified to get out of their situation by your methods of old timey thinking is what they figure it is, and even if they thought that they could, then these methods you speak of might bring them down again or it could be that such methods could make them stronger in their will to depart from being poor, yet it is all depending on the person or people affected as to whether or not these things affect them in certain ways be it one way or the other in their lives. There should be an on going study being conducted on these matters always.

Children are the hardest hit by these methods of distribution or hand outs in these ways, especially at the schools, because kids are the most abusive to one another, especially if they know or find out that the one kid is poor and getting his or her needs fulfilled by these methods in which you speak about. The whole reason I think the system or method in distributing help to the poor has gone the way that it has gone over the years, is to give them the feeling that they are just as worthy as the next person is in life, but that their families just had some tragic things happen that they need to get over somehow. So housing in the form of beautiful apt. complexes is given to them, and cell phones are given to them, food stamps and welfare is given to them, health care is given to them, and all in hopes that it will create an environment around them that gives them self worth in the face of such a rich country that flaunts it's worth and wealth all over the place in front of them, and by some peoples thinking had put them where they are in life because of the stealing that had gone on or the greed that had gone on around them, and so maybe it's the hope that things can get better for them and their families by such a set up in which they have now, and in which is probably the thinking that has gone on behind it all to date.

Now where the problem comes in for the most of American tax payers who work, is the mismanagement of these programs by a sector of government that is controlled by certain groups that control the government in these areas, and by the appointed managers who are not recognizing the abusers of the programs in order to weed them out, so we all get burned in the situation by these people who work in government. I think also that placing the children in better situations once it is deemed responsible (by what should be a properly run system), where as separating them from their abusers for a better situation that is needed, should be happening also, because using them as human shields for the continuing of their checks to come in, is repulsive and sick on the adults part. This should be done in order to save those children from learning that abusing the system is not a thing to become comfortable with nor to think that it is a way to get over everyone else in life with once they survive the abusive brain washing that goes on in it all by their abusers, so these things should be looked at always is what I think should be the case in order to finally end poverty or bring it down to a level that is sufficient in the right ways or that it should be ended in these ways by bringing such numbers way, way, down finally all because of.

To many times we have people running the system as a redistribution system of wealth that is taking from the rich and giving to the poor in justice there of, in which then grows a population/generation of people whom will become older in such thinking, and will have become an enemy unto others by way of this system of thinking or brainwashing afterwards, and all due to the propaganda that had come along with it by way of those who were running it, so we get people who are older and hating those who had become successful around them in life, because they were taught that it was always at their expense in which comes out of the mouths of the Al Sharpton's and such who keep the poor who are weak in this way, thinking in this way in life sadly enough.

You can't undo it. You can't un see it. Don't you understand the past at all?

This is what happened. It was beyond horrible. Yes everyone got their cheques but they were all corralled into inner city high rises.

This is real girl. OMG I think Chicago was the worst but only followed by NY and NJ. It was beyond horrid.

Having witnessed the past, I am not mean spirited nor small minded and I'll be damned if we ever get to that point in welfare again.

These are your words are they not? Mean spirited. Small minded? I have witnessed these towers of slums and they defy ugly and horrid and no child should ever have to live in one of them.

But it was a D policy. Sorry as I can be. But that was the time.

I.

Wish.

I.

Could.

Unsee.

YOUR.

Post.

I've never done well with rabid ramblings.

The Democrat slums across all the major cities in the US. Are you going to try to tell me they didn't exist and I am just rambling?

Hey, isn't that you?

REDNECK12-1.jpg

Fine. Republicans are evil and enjoy watching kids starve in the streets. Got it.

Nobody is stopping you from buying poor people clothes and food and distributing them. You did do that, right? You went down to Wal-Mart and bought a cart full of non-perishable foods and a couple winter coats for kids and took them to one of the distribution centers, right? You volunteered your time at a soup kitchen, right?
The idea or concept of helping the poor to get better, is to treat them in a dignified way somehow, so separating them by these distributive ways or means in which you have spoken about here, has the tendency in some peoples minds to make them feel even more less qualified to get out of their situation by your methods of old timey thinking is what they figure it is, and even if they thought that they could, then these methods you speak of might bring them down again or it could be that such methods could make them stronger in their will to depart from being poor, yet it is all depending on the person or people affected as to whether or not these things affect them in certain ways be it one way or the other in their lives. There should be an on going study being conducted on these matters always.

Children are the hardest hit by these methods of distribution or hand outs in these ways, especially at the schools, because kids are the most abusive to one another, especially if they know or find out that the one kid is poor and getting his or her needs fulfilled by these methods in which you speak about. The whole reason I think the system or method in distributing help to the poor has gone the way that it has gone over the years, is to give them the feeling that they are just as worthy as the next person is in life, but that their families just had some tragic things happen that they need to get over somehow. So housing in the form of beautiful apt. complexes is given to them, and cell phones are given to them, food stamps and welfare is given to them, health care is given to them, and all in hopes that it will create an environment around them that gives them self worth in the face of such a rich country that flaunts it's worth and wealth all over the place in front of them, and by some peoples thinking had put them where they are in life because of the stealing that had gone on or the greed that had gone on around them, and so maybe it's the hope that things can get better for them and their families by such a set up in which they have now, and in which is probably the thinking that has gone on behind it all to date.

Now where the problem comes in for the most of American tax payers who work, is the mismanagement of these programs by a sector of government that is controlled by certain groups that control the government in these areas, and by the appointed managers who are not recognizing the abusers of the programs in order to weed them out, so we all get burned in the situation by these people who work in government. I think also that placing the children in better situations once it is deemed responsible (by what should be a properly run system), where as separating them from their abusers for a better situation that is needed, should be happening also, because using them as human shields for the continuing of their checks to come in, is repulsive and sick on the adults part. This should be done in order to save those children from learning that abusing the system is not a thing to become comfortable with nor to think that it is a way to get over everyone else in life with once they survive the abusive brain washing that goes on in it all by their abusers, so these things should be looked at always is what I think should be the case in order to finally end poverty or bring it down to a level that is sufficient in the right ways or that it should be ended in these ways by bringing such numbers way, way, down finally all because of.

To many times we have people running the system as a redistribution system of wealth that is taking from the rich and giving to the poor in justice there of, in which then grows a population/generation of people whom will become older in such thinking, and will have become an enemy unto others by way of this system of thinking or brainwashing afterwards, and all due to the propaganda that had come along with it by way of those who were running it, so we get people who are older and hating those who had become successful around them in life, because they were taught that it was always at their expense in which comes out of the mouths of the Al Sharpton's and such who keep the poor who are weak in this way, thinking in this way in life sadly enough.

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

You're right. Taking money from the suffering rich is just plain wrong. Glad they aren't taking it from us.

Oh wait.

Large companies find ways to a zero tax rate

You're right. Taking money from the suffering rich is just plain wrong. Glad they aren't taking it from us.

Oh wait.

The GOP will throw a fit when they feel food stamps are being used by someone who does not quality and then they call them "welfare queens." But when a corporation milks millions from the US Treasury by using loopholes created and defended by the same GOP, they say nothing.

Yup, the GOP definitely has a war on the poor.

Typical con parlance. It's no wonder you all are becoming a dying breed. The only thing anyone gets from the right anymore is hateful vitriol.

Only a few seats away from taking the Senate.

The House is ours.

Dying breed? I think only in your dreams.

Ouch!

You should be very worried about the long term. There is something happening across the US that is going to create a big problem for the Republican Party, not that they don't already have one. For the past fifty years, poor people have been concentrated in the cities. This has made gerrymandering work very much in favor of Republicans. The problem is that a lot of these poor people are now finding their way into the suburbs. With so many working minimum wage or lower paying jobs in the suburbs, they are moving there. These people vote. Eventually they will change the political landscape as gerrymandering won't work out for Republicans so much.

You cons really need to take the blinders off. It may not happen in 2014 or even in 2016, but at some point, and not that far off, Texas is going to turn blue. Along with that, Congress is going to go back to the Dems, but because of new demographics that favor Dems, Republicans are going to have a very hard time ever getting back control.

Either way, I sleep very well at night. I hope you do too.

Those are some huge assumptions you are making. I can count at least 10 assumptions that are purely wishful thinking on your part. If it makes you feel better, fine, but because you say it doesn't make any of it true.

Significant Factors you are missing.

1. The implosion of Obamacare which is the biggest Democrat initiative in the last 50 years. How will the this effect both political parties over the next 10-20 years?

2. The electorate is not static. Voting blocs change constantly. To assume minorities will always vote only one way goes against all available evidence. MLK was a Republican as were most blacks up into the 1960's. White Southerners were overwhelmingly Democrat until the 1970's. The Hispanics voting bloc is not monolithic. It has changed dramatically from one Presidential Election to the next.

3. The performance of each political party is a huge factor.

4. You assume human beings are drones without brains (which is what Democrats wish). Many people are intelligent. People change their minds. Many people evaluate facts and evidence before making a political choice.

5. The economy and who owns it. (Republican or Democrat).

6. The power, charisma, and ideas of individual candidates (or the lack thereof).

Stop with your dehumanizing Democrat idea that Human Beings lack a brain and free will. People are not drones...as much as you may want them to be.

Oh wait.

The GOP will throw a fit when they feel food stamps are being used by someone who does not quality and then they call them "welfare queens." But when a corporation milks millions from the US Treasury by using loopholes created and defended by the same GOP, they say nothing.

Where did those loopholes come from, numbnuts? A magic fairy? Dems vote for those loopholes more than the Republicans. Please remove your head from your ass.

Oh wait.

Where did those loopholes come from, numbnuts? A magic fairy? Dems vote for those loopholes more than the Republicans. Please remove your head from your ass.

Have you ever tried to respond to someone without using an insult? It seems it must be a disease in your camp or something.

Obama has tried to get the GOP to get rid of some of the loopholes and they refuse to budge. Don't want to get those corporate lobbyist mad at them...

I've said it before and I will say it again..

Why is it that the left has no problem taking $200 a month more out of my paycheck to cover Obama-Care, but are throwing a fit about reducing a Family's welfare check by $32 for a month?

How do they expect me to be able to afford to give more to the welfare programs they want when they are forcing me to spend more on my insurance? I can't just print more money every month like Obama has been doing.

Have you ever tried to respond to someone without using an insult? It seems it must be a disease in your camp or something.

Obama has tried to get the GOP to get rid of some of the loopholes and they refuse to budge. Don't want to get those corporate lobbyist mad at them...

So have Republicans. Both say the same thing..."end the loopholes," neither side ever does it. Have you wondered why?

filepicker%2FgkTHRLQsyzS3MggKloYA_money.jpg

Last edited:
All I have seen, including a couple Neg Reps, is insults. Can someone defend the huge cuts in food stamps to the poor, the aged, and children?

Gov Brown did the same thing in his Budget out here.....the Elderly,the Handicapped and kids were hit ......can you defend that?....i sure as hell cant....the poor guy controlling his Wheelchair with his tongue has enough problems....Brown just gave him a few more....

The Republicans' War on Food Stamps | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Women, Hispanics, the Poor....Where will the GOP go next with its never ending battle with anyone who is not a wealthy, white male?

Confederates who play in pigshit hate poor people. Go figure.

redneck-games-2.jpg

why do you keep lying and saying mud is pig shit? college people play mud football every year, and guess what, they are LIBERAL colleges and you don't have a problem with that....

why are you such a liar and a two faced hack?

he is a far lefty.....it is his life mission to divide people....anyway he can.....

Forum List

Back