The Republican war on the Poor

These Republicans Who Voted To Cut Food Stamps Personally Received Large Farm Subsidies

Several of the House Republicans who voted Thursday for a bill that slashed billions of dollars from the food stamp program personally received large farm subsidies for family farms. The bill cutting the food stamp program narrowly passed on a mostly party line 217 to 210 vote.

As tired as I am, do you really want me to slaughter your bullshit on this?

Because I'll nuke you and you know it.

I have simply got to stop being amazed at how many literally small-minded, mean-spirited people there are in this country.

Or maybe this board isn't an actual representation of our populace.

Oh one of my memories as a child was being driven by democrat sponsored slums on our way to Florida or back up the coast to look at these un holy hell places where you kept putting all your blacks.

You just kept putting all your blacks in these slums in the 60's and 70's and kept giving them money to live and die in these huge tenements, these slums.

Is this what you want for blacks again? Round them up? Give them welfare? Make them live in slums again?

Your response was related in no wise to my post, so I won't be answering it.

I wish I could unsee it.

Last edited:
I have simply got to stop being amazed at how many literally small-minded, mean-spirited people there are in this country.

Or maybe this board isn't an actual representation of our populace.

Oh one of my memories as a child was being driven by democrat sponsored slums on our way to Florida or back up the coast to look at these un holy hell places where you kept putting all your blacks.

You just kept putting all your blacks in these slums in the 60's and 70's and kept giving them money to live and die in these huge tenements, these slums.

Is this what you want for blacks again? Round them up? Give them welfare? Make them live in slums again?

I wish I could unsee it.

You can't undo it. You can't un see it. Don't you understand the past at all?

This is what happened. It was beyond horrible. Yes everyone got their cheques but they were all corralled into inner city high rises.

This is real girl. OMG I think Chicago was the worst but only followed by NY and NJ. It was beyond horrid.

Having witnessed the past, I am not mean spirited nor small minded and I'll be damned if we ever get to that point in welfare again.

These are your words are they not? Mean spirited. Small minded? I have witnessed these towers of slums and they defy ugly and horrid and no child should ever have to live in one of them.

But it was a D policy. Sorry as I can be. But that was the time.

The alarming stupidity of people like the OP.
The ability to critically think is simply hammered by their inability to get beyond idealism.

Just a simple fact, although I am of course wasting my time...to the OP..the progressive/liberal social programs of the late 1960's - 1980's has done so much incredible harm to America's poor and minorities that to still support these same policies shows a clear handicap of the mind.
You have to either be young and stupid or in the dark of your parents basement to believe that Republicans have hurt poor people more than Democrats.

You have been listening to too much Rush Limbaugh and the like.

Social welfare programs do not damage the country. I know it is the 'thing' here for Repubicans to put down European economies, though you know almost nothing about them, but in the EU countries, where social welfare programs are working, we can see that it doesn't destroy the work ethic of the people. The economies there that are in serious trouble have those problems due to banking issues, just like in the US, not due to social welfare programs. There may be people in the US and in the EU who take advantage of such systems, but the vast majority of those who use them are deserving. As well, such programs help everyone, not just the needy. Would you actually want to live in a country where the children are not educated, where hoards of poor people were begging on the streets, where sick people did not have access to medical care?

As well, the percentage of $ out of your personal pocket to pay for food stamps is miniscule. I keep reading on here "I am paying for these people (food stamp recipients) to buy junk food." The fact is, an individual taxpayer is paying very, very little toward this program: it is only a small percentage of your tax dollar. So even if it were being mispent, it is hardly such big deal as to get yourself in such a self righteous rage about.

The ability to critically think is simply hammered by their inability to get beyond idealism.

Just a simple fact, although I am of course wasting my time...to the OP..the progressive/liberal social programs of the late 1960's - 1980's has done so much incredible harm to America's poor and minorities that to still support these same policies shows a clear handicap of the mind.
You have to either be young and stupid or in the dark of your parents basement to believe that Republicans have hurt poor people more than Democrats.

Social welfare programs do not damage the country. I know it is the 'thing' here for Repubicans to put down European economies, though you know almost nothing about them, but in the EU countries, where social welfare programs are working, we can see that it doesn't destroy the work ethic of the people. The economies there that are in serious trouble have those problems due to banking issues, just like in the US, not due to social welfare programs. There may be people in the US and in the EU who take advantage of such systems, but the vast majority of those who use them are deserving. As well, such programs help everyone, not just the needy. Would you actually want to live in a country where the children are not educated, where hoards of poor people were begging on the streets, where sick people did not have access to medical care?

As well, the percentage of $ out of your personal pocket to pay for food stamps is miniscule. I keep reading on here "I am paying for these people (food stamp recipients) to buy junk food." The fact is, an individual taxpayer is paying very, very little toward this program: it is only a small percentage of your tax dollar. So even if it were being mispent, it is hardly such big deal as to get yourself in such a self righteous rage about.

I'm bored to tears tonight so I'm thinking I should hunt down what country Esmeralda is from.

Your grammar gives you away that you are not from Canada or the US.

I'm bored to tears tonight so I'm thinking I should hunt down what country Esmeralda is from.

Please, point out the mistakes in her grammar?

I wish I could unsee it.

This is what happened. It was beyond horrible. Yes everyone got their cheques but they were all corralled into inner city high rises.

This is real girl. OMG I think Chicago was the worst but only followed by NY and NJ. It was beyond horrid.

Having witnessed the past, I am not mean spirited nor small minded and I'll be damned if we ever get to that point in welfare again.

These are your words are they not? Mean spirited. Small minded? I have witnessed these towers of slums and they defy ugly and horrid and no child should ever have to live in one of them.

I.

Wish.

I.

Could.

Unsee.

YOUR.

Post.

I've never done well with rabid ramblings.

Please, point out the mistakes in her grammar?

I never said there were mistakes in her grammar.

I basically said her use of grammar will give her away as far as where she is from.

That will be my fun. Like I said I'm bored so I will have some fun just tracking her grammar.

I wish I could unsee it.

I.

Wish.

I.

Could.

Unsee.

YOUR.

Post.

I've never done well with rabid ramblings.

The Democrat slums across all the major cities in the US. Are you going to try to tell me they didn't exist and I am just rambling?

The Republicans' War on Food Stamps | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Women, Hispanics, the Poor....Where will the GOP go next with its never ending battle with anyone who is not a wealthy, white male?

It's their Christian values.

We been doing it your way for 50 years and there are FAR more poor people than when you started your stupidity and the percentage hasn't changed.

And then there's the 15 TRILLION DOLLARS we've wasted.....

Piss off.

Eat shit

And fucking die

Typical con parlance. It's no wonder you all are becoming a dying breed. The only thing anyone gets from the right anymore is hateful vitriol.

It's their Christian values.

We been doing it your way for 50 years and there are FAR more poor people than when you started your stupidity and the percentage hasn't changed.

Piss off.

Eat shit

And fucking die

Typical con parlance. It's no wonder you all are becoming a dying breed. The only thing anyone gets from the right anymore is hateful vitriol.

Only a few seats away from taking the Senate.

The House is ours.

Dying breed? I think only in your dreams.

Ouch!

Piss off.

Eat shit

And fucking die

The House is ours.

Ouch!

You should be very worried about the long term. There is something happening across the US that is going to create a big problem for the Republican Party, not that they don't already have one. For the past fifty years, poor people have been concentrated in the cities. This has made gerrymandering work very much in favor of Republicans. The problem is that a lot of these poor people are now finding their way into the suburbs. With so many working minimum wage or lower paying jobs in the suburbs, they are moving there. These people vote. Eventually they will change the political landscape as gerrymandering won't work out for Republicans so much.

You cons really need to take the blinders off. It may not happen in 2014 or even in 2016, but at some point, and not that far off, Texas is going to turn blue. Along with that, Congress is going to go back to the Dems, but because of new demographics that favor Dems, Republicans are going to have a very hard time ever getting back control.

Either way, I sleep very well at night. I hope you do too.

The House is ours.

Ouch!

You should be very worried about the long term. There is something happening across the US that is going to create a big problem for the Republican Party, not that they don't already have one. For the past fifty years, poor people have been concentrated in the cities. This has made gerrymandering work very much in favor of Republicans. The problem is that a lot of these poor people are now finding their way into the suburbs. With so many working minimum wage or lower paying jobs in the suburbs, they are moving there. These people vote. Eventually they will change the political landscape as gerrymandering won't work out for Republicans so much.

You cons really need to take the blinders off. It may not happen in 2014 or even in 2016, but at some point, and not that far off, Texas is going to turn blue. Along with that, Congress is going to go back to the Dems, but because of new demographics that favor Dems, Republicans are going to have a very hard time ever getting back control.

Either way, I sleep very well at night. I hope you do too.
You're assuming that all minorities are shiftless and feel perpetually entitled like blacks and yourself, and that's racist!:lol:

Social welfare programs do not damage the country. I know it is the 'thing' here for Republicans to put down European economies, though you know almost nothing about them, but in the EU countries, where social welfare programs are working, we can see that it doesn't destroy the work ethic of the people. The economies there that are in serious trouble have those problems due to banking issues, just like in the US, not due to social welfare programs. There may be people in the US and in the EU who take advantage of such systems, but the vast majority of those who use them are deserving. As well, such programs help everyone, not just the needy. Would you actually want to live in a country where the children are not educated, where hoards of poor people were begging on the streets, and/or where sick people did not have access to medical care?

As well, the percentage of $ out of your personal pocket to pay for food stamps is miniscule. I keep reading on here "I am paying for these people (food stamp recipients) to buy junk food." The fact is, an individual taxpayer is paying very, very little toward this program: it is only a small percentage of your tax dollar. So even if it were being misspent, it is hardly such a big deal about which to get yourself in such a self righteous rage.

:lmao: :lmao:

Please point out to me errors in my grammar and anything, other than a typo, which is non-standard English. :lol:

BTW, I am sorry your life is so boring. Maybe, you should get off your butt and live.

"I'm bored to tears tonight so I'm thinking I should hunt down what country Esmeralda is from." (I'm bored to tears tonight, so I think I should hunt down from which country Esmeralda comes.)

"Your grammar gives you away that you are not from Canada or the US." (Your grammar gives away the fact you are not from the US or Canada.)

Last edited:

That is, without a doubt, THE most ignorant and uninformed post I have ever read.

I don't want to debate it with you because it would be like debating whether or not the Earth has an atmosphere with a 6 year-old.

The economies of Europe, most notably Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and to a lesser extent France, the UK are experiencing terrible problems because of their social entitlements.

Not to mention the effects of Europe's STUPID entitlement programs have on the culture -- Most young men living at home well into their thirties might be a contributing factor in the Birth Rate in Europe being disastrously low. So low that some are predicting the fall of Europe to Islam in the not-too-distant future.

I can't believe that someone would stand up and expose themselves as being so stupid.

Sorry, but there's just no other way to put.

That post was stupid. Beyond belief stupid.

Europe, with the exception of a few Countries, is a cultural, societal and economic disaster.

And it's only getting worse.

In Jan of 2012 the Euro Area unemployment rate was 10.7% and it is now at 12.2%

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STAT-12-31_en.htm

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/unemployment-rate

No wonder Europe is in so much trouble. With people like you living and voting inside it, I'm shocked it's managed not to self-destruct already

Last edited:

Forum List

Back