🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Republican's Latest Tactic Has Been To Attack Obama By Comparing Him To Bush

For the last few weeks the RW talking point has been to compare Obamacare to any number of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

"Oh this is Obama's Katrina."

"It's Obama's Iraq War."

"This is President Obama's 'You're doing a heck of a job Brownie!"

The list goes on, and the GOPers and pundits come out with some attack comparing Obamacare to any one of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that even the rightiest of RWers know without the shadow of a doubt that G.W. Bush was THEE WORST President in modern history.

Why do you make stuff up when we have such a thing as youtube?

[ame=http://youtu.be/6MdXudpb5Jc]Al Hunt Katrina Is Best Analogy For Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/1I0qGtqMzzA]MSNBC Guests Compare Obamacare Rollout to Iraq War, Katrina: 'Not a Whiff of Leadership' - YouTube[/ame]
Dude, your videos PROVE my exact point.

Especially the second vid, which has a former Bush administration worker saying outright that their Administration ran "many got rodeos." Then she goes on to say, EXACTLY that "Katrina is the best analogy for Obamacare."

Are you mental?

Marc to John: "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.."

Why are these RW USMB self-proclaimed CON$ervative RepubliCON$ now PRETENDING that The Republican Party DIDN'T stop Obama's efforts to close Guantanamo?

That's the HEIGHT of disingenuous.

Remember when they were saying Historians will regard Bush as one of the best lol. Now repubs are all like, "Bush?...Bush who?"

Why are these RW USMB self-proclaimed CON$ervative RepubliCON$ now PRETENDING that The Republican Party DIDN'T stop Obama's efforts to close Guantanamo?

Public opinion stopped Obama's efforts to close Gitmo. The fact that Republicans did not like the idea of bringing all those scumbags into country, and said so as often as possible, does not make them responsible for Obama's failure on another campaign promise. That would make them responsible politicians opposing a stupid idea. You know, much as they opposed Obamacare, (another stupid idea) and have said so as often as possible.

Remember when they were saying Historians will regard Bush as one of the best lol. Now repubs are all like, "Bush?...Bush who?"

Bush was not the worst president, and he was not the best. However, he was far, far, and away, better than either Carter or Obama. Bush was not as fiscally conservative as I would have liked, and he missed the opportunity to shift this country back toward the right.

Although it makes good talking points, individual opinions uttered on an obscure political forum, do not quantify the voice of the Republican party or of conservatives in general.

Bush was not the worst president, and he was not the best. However, he was far, far, and away, better than either Carter or Obama. Bush was not as fiscally conservative as I would have liked, and he missed the opportunity to shift this country back toward the right.

Although it makes good talking points, individual opinions uttered on an obscure political forum, do not quantify the voice of the Republican party or of conservatives in general.

I'm not talking about USMB folks..

[ame=http://youtu.be/-6LW1fxFAEQ]Rove Claims History Will Be Kind to Bush - YouTube[/ame]

Don't pretend you don't remember these talking point

Public opinion stopped Obama's efforts to close Gitmo. The fact that Republicans did not like the idea of bringing all those scumbags into country, and said so as often as possible, does not make them responsible for Obama's failure on another campaign promise. That would make them responsible politicians opposing a stupid idea. You know, much as they opposed Obamacare, (another stupid idea) and have said so as often as possible.
Public opinion that was successfully drummed up by the Republican Party.

Obama gave them that win, as he didn't fight for it.

Many on the left were upset by that, and that was his first effort.

So you want to bash him for trying to do something, successfully stop him from doing what you DIDN'T want him to do, then turn around an BASH him again for NOT doing what YOU DIDN'T want him to do in the first place.

And if Obama had one that argument, and closed Guantanamo Bay, you would have been bashing him now for doing that too, claiming he was "bringing all those scumbags into country."

Uncanny.

Especially the second vid, which has a former Bush administration worker saying outright that their Administration ran "many got rodeos." Then she goes on to say, EXACTLY that "Katrina is the best analogy for Obamacare."

Are you mental?

She does not say, "Katrina is the best analogy for ObamaCare." At all. You imagined that.

A pundit (Al Hunt) in the FIRST video says that. Joe Scarborough tries to compare it to Iran-Contra!

Everyone in the videos making comparisons to Katrina and the Iraq War are liberals. The Bush administration lady deflects the Katrina comparison. She in no way assents to it.

Last edited:

Don't be an ignorant ass, the Dems didn't want Gitmo closed either.

In 2009, when the administration moved toward closing the prison, Obama faced fierce opposition from Republicans over where the detainees would be held. He also had to deal with resistance in his own party, and Senate Democrats blocked $80 million that would have funded closing Guantánamo during Obama’s first year.

Obama promise to close Guantánamo prison unfulfilled | TheHill

For the last few weeks the RW talking point has been to compare Obamacare to any number of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

"Oh this is Obama's Katrina."

"It's Obama's Iraq War."

"This is President Obama's 'You're doing a heck of a job Brownie!"

The list goes on, and the GOPers and pundits come out with some attack comparing Obamacare to any one of Bush's COLOSSAL failures.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that even the rightiest of RWers know without the shadow of a doubt that G.W. Bush was THEE WORST President in modern history.

Yep. But Obama's term ain't over yet.

While republicans in the hous did block funding appropriations, there are other avenues that Obama can take. The first and foremost would be declaring an end to the war on terror and Al Qaeda. This, of course, would not mean the closing of gitmo, but it would shift those in indefinite detentions to a new legal ground, where combat has ended.

So far he's done nothing but whine about republicans.

Republicans and Democrats alike are cowards. No one wants to be the guy who voted to wind down the War On Terror™ six days before the next big terrorist attack.

That's why Gitmo is still open. That's why Defense spending is at levels not seen since WWII even though we are not in a world war, and even though we are not in any kind of existential threat such as we had during the Cold War.

Our politicians are all too chickenshit to cut this ridiculous spending. Because of YOU.

All of you are responsible. You are who they are afraid of. The politicians aren't afraid of terrorists. They are afraid of how you assholes will blame them for an attack. So they all feel obligated to thump their chests louder than the next guy.

Just look at the way some of you assholes are acting over Benghazi. Look at the way you other assholes acted after 9/11.

YOU are the reason we have a spending problem.

Last edited:

Are you mental?

She does not say, "Katrina is the best analogy for ObamaCare." At all. You imagined that.

A pundit (Al Hunt) in the FIRST video says that. Joe Scarborough tries to compare it to Iran-Contra!

Everyone in the videos making comparisons to Katrina and the Iraq War are liberals. The Bush administration lady deflects the Katrina comparison. She in no way assents to it.

imo, it's overthought. The comparison is valid in terms of after BushII came down to the coast and uttered "you're doin a heck of a job, Brownie" he lost the American public. No one outside the lunatic fringe wanted him impeached, but his schtick was viewed as unbeliveable.

Obama's "if you like your insurance, you can keep it" schtick is being viewed similarly.

I think what we conservatives are saying is that the republican party COULDN'T stop Obama. Just like the republicans couldn't stop Obamacare. Of course the republicans tried to stop Obama. Also, the majority of american people were outraged at the thought of the Guatanamo folks having the same rights as american citizens. We can certainly argue rather Obama SHOULD close Guantanamo. That's a different topic though. If the argument is that Guantanamo wasn't closed because of the MINORITY of republicans in both houses, I would simply point out the facts and leave it at that.

Last edited:
The Left: "Obama may not be perfect, but Bush was worse!"
The Right: "Obama's fuckups are comparable to Bush's fuckups!"

I guess Bush is now what we call "The Golden Stanturd".

[/badpuns]

The Left: "Obama may not be perfect, but Bush was worse!"
The Right: "Obama's fuckups are comparable to Bush's fuckups!"

I guess Bush is now what we call "The Golden Stanturd".

[/badpuns]

not quite:

obama lied about insurance ... sigh, yes he's at best incompetent

bushii lied about iraq and fued katrina aid ... sigh, yes he's at best incompetent.

slick lied about a bj and got impeached .... get the f outta here. lol

In 2009, when the administration moved toward closing the prison, Obama faced fierce opposition from Republicans over where the detainees would be held. He also had to deal with resistance in his own party, and Senate Democrats blocked $80 million that would have funded closing Guantánamo during Obama’s first year.

Take some responsibility for what your guys did to make it happen MeatHead.

It was the Democratic Party that went about loudly campaigning AGAINST closing Guantanamo Bay, it was the Republican Party that did that.

You know it, so just take some responsibility.

I think what we conservatives are saying is that the republican party COULDN'T stop Obama. Just like the republicans couldn't stop Obamacare. Of course the republicans tried to stop Obama. Also, the majority of american people were outraged at the thought of the Guatanamo folks having the same rights as american citizens. We can certainly argue rather Obama SHOULD close Guantanamo. That's a different topic though. If the argument is that Guantanamo wasn't closed because of the MINORITY of republicans in both houses, I would simply point out the facts and leave it at that.
You are acting as if things just exist in a bubble.

Yes, they couldn't stop him, but they still had political capital, and they yielded it well.

They made a big stink over closing Guantanamo Bay, I remember it like yesterday, it was all over the media and punditry, tv and radio.

Obama didn't want to risk his capital on that, and he made a call.

I just wish you guys would take some responsibility for something you made happen.

Last edited:
I have not seen Any posters or republicans compare Obama to bush EVER. With the exception of spending. Saying this is Obama's Katrina is not a comparison to bush but a comparison of events.

As usual the op is completely full of shit and too busy sucking Obama cock to join the rest of us in realityville

Take some responsibility for what your guys did to make it happen MeatHead.

It was the Democratic Party that went about loudly campaigning AGAINST closing Guantanamo Bay, it was the Republican Party that did that.

You know it, so just take some responsibility.

You are acting as if things just exist in a bubble.

Yes, they couldn't stop him, but they still had political capital, and they yielded it well.

They made a big stink over closing Guantanamo Bay, I remember it like yesterday, it was all over the media and punditry, tv and radio.

Obama didn't want to risk his capital on that, and he made a call.

I just wish you guys would take some responsibility for something you made happen.

The buck never stops at Obama's desk. We all already know this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back