The Right To Bear Arms

This statement is nothing more than temper tantrum type trolling. If you don't have a relevant comment to make then I suggest you simply bow out. You're only making a fool of yourself.
Shit, you're the ones losing your minds over simple questions. Better hole up in your basement with your two dozen AR-15's and canned goods. I'm sure Obama will be by any day now to try to take them away from you. That or a Zombie apocalypse. Don't make a sound. We'll let you know when the coast is clear.

What "simple" question? The simpleton remarks that you keep making? This statement that you just made is yet another example of idiotic thought, reinforced with a temper tantrum worthy of a three year old laying on the ground stamping their feet.

The "simple" fact, is the Founders of this nation wanted the American People to be as well armed as the armies of the world. That is a fact which no amount of your hysterical whining, and thrashing about, can wipe away.
Sure they did. They didn't have large standing armies back then. That's why they had well regulated militias of the type mentioned in the 2nd Amendment. Are you worried about the redcoats coming to get you? Don't worry. We have a large Army now, National Guard units, Reserve units, Air Force, Air National Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, Navy reserves, Coast Guard, FBI, state cops, county cops, city cops, etc. Plus you have your own arsenal that nobody has come to take away from you.

The Founders wanted the American People to be as heavily armed as we are to prevent a illegitimate government from taking over and oppressing us. Thus, in 1934 when the US Supreme Court outlawed sawed off shotguns they did so because they had "no foreseeable military purpose". I think you would have a hard time making that assertion for an AR now wouldn't you...
So an AR-15 has legitimate military use? Military use == killing people? It isn't a "sporting"rifle? I agree. Such weapons would be better off left in the hands of the military or police.

According to YOU. According to the Founders (who's opinions far outweigh yours) of this nation the AR15 is one of the few weapons that are absolutely protected from government confiscation. They couldn't give a rats butt about hunting or target shooting. They wanted the American People to be able to defend themselves from people like your buddies, the Stalinists.

Anyone who wishes to do away with any Constitutional Right is a threat to liberty.

It says 'well regulated' right in the 2nd amendment
No...really....it doesn't.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

That sentence is so simple and so basic - even a libtard could understand it.
That is a sentence fragment. Nutters always forget about the first part of the sentence "A well regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state,"

Which is merely a preparatory statement. Then you have to add in the actual context....

Read the Founders statements and then you can crawl back under your rock.

George Mason: “I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.” (Elliott, Debates, 425-426)

Richard Henry Lee: “A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.” (Additional letters from the Federal Farmer, at 169, 1788)

George Washington: “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”

James Madison: “As the greatest danger to liberty is from large standing armies, it is best to prevent them by an effectual provision for a good militia.” (notes of debates in the 1787 Federal Convention)

Patrick Henry: “The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” 3 Elliot, Debates at 386.

An ar15 is just a sporting rifle...
What's the sport? Killing as many people as you can in a given time period? Do you get points for style?
Varmints and such...

And such... you mean like cops, schoolkids, moviegoers, nightclubbers, shoppers at malls, etc? Truly a multipurpose sporting rifle, eh?

An ar makes for a great hog and varmit rifle. Pretty much what it's designed for... Just a sporting rifle. Dumbass

This statement is nothing more than temper tantrum type trolling. If you don't have a relevant comment to make then I suggest you simply bow out. You're only making a fool of yourself.
Shit, you're the ones losing your minds over simple questions. Better hole up in your basement with your two dozen AR-15's and canned goods. I'm sure Obama will be by any day now to try to take them away from you. That or a Zombie apocalypse. Don't make a sound. We'll let you know when the coast is clear.

What "simple" question? The simpleton remarks that you keep making? This statement that you just made is yet another example of idiotic thought, reinforced with a temper tantrum worthy of a three year old laying on the ground stamping their feet.

The "simple" fact, is the Founders of this nation wanted the American People to be as well armed as the armies of the world. That is a fact which no amount of your hysterical whining, and thrashing about, can wipe away.
Sure they did. They didn't have large standing armies back then. That's why they had well regulated militias of the type mentioned in the 2nd Amendment. Are you worried about the redcoats coming to get you? Don't worry. We have a large Army now, National Guard units, Reserve units, Air Force, Air National Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, Navy reserves, Coast Guard, FBI, state cops, county cops, city cops, etc. Plus you have your own arsenal that nobody has come to take away from you.

The Founders wanted the American People to be as heavily armed as we are to prevent a illegitimate government from taking over and oppressing us. Thus, in 1934 when the US Supreme Court outlawed sawed off shotguns they did so because they had "no foreseeable military purpose". I think you would have a hard time making that assertion for an AR now wouldn't you...
So an AR-15 has legitimate military use? Military use == killing people? It isn't a "sporting"rifle? I agree. Such weapons would be better off left in the hands of the military or police.
An ar15 would never pass muster for military use. Shit for brains

That is a sentence fragment. Nutters always forget about the first part of the sentence "A well regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state,"
Fuck face... Here you go
ed8c6d56bb0973e32af86b18077e6dd0.jpg

That is they why...it is not the what. It was the Prefatory Clause. The founders were simply giving their reasoning for implementing the 2nd Amendment. But the Operative Clause is "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". And for many years after - they were very clear that the right belonged to the people.

Would you like to try again?

An ar15 would never pass muster for military use. Shit for brains
And here's the thing - we have a right to military grade weapons anyway.

Well let's start with this right here - there are a few thousand library cowards like you - just looking to be free loaders who receive handouts in exchange for liberty. There are tens of millions of American's like me.

You are a coward and a free loader and the only 'others' there are like you are the Oregon Bird Sanctuary bungs who think you are going to overthrow the government of the United States. What are you waiting for mini mouse. Every single time you ladies start threatening everyone else don't you know we the population are laughing at you? You really don't know that? LOL

You aren't patriots, you don't know the Constitution, you aren't above the law, you aren't going to overthrow anything, and all the sane people in the country think you weak and lacking intelligence. The fact that you NEED to believe you are among 'a group who will soon exercise our second amendment rights so you 'libruls' better watch out' only paints you as wearing a tin foil hat and living in a trailer.

Threatening other people? You are cowards. You are like tiny hands trump who couldn't hold an 'arm' let alone fire it. He can't pay his own bills and stiffs honest people he hires who do real work. Why don't you get off welfare, put down your bb gun, and join adult society. And for f#$cks sake stop whining about everything.
Listen to you whining about other people whining

Stop yer whining Barney Fife. Exercise your right to bear arms by loading your one bullet and shooting yourself in the foot.

Still whining about other people I see

I love to hear you whine, don't stop. The right to bear arms and the ability to defend a population against it's own military have not been in the same universe for over a hundred years. But people cling to their fantasies.

There is nothing wrong with "responsible" gun owners, they already agree to back ground checks and undergo the state process of obtaining a gun permit, but that in itself is not enough to satisfy you.

Now the problem comes in the form of criminals, or those with a criminal mindset going AROUND current gun laws, even using other individuals to acquire a firearm FOR them. Yet the left cling to this fantasy notion that criminal's actually "obey" gun laws, and that by providing more gun regulations criminal's will be honest enough to utilize whatever form of government oversight hoops that the responsible gun owners actually follow. Welcome to the liberal mindset.

Well let's start with this right here - there are a few thousand library cowards like you - just looking to be free loaders who receive handouts in exchange for liberty. There are tens of millions of American's like me.

You are a coward and a free loader and the only 'others' there are like you are the Oregon Bird Sanctuary bungs who think you are going to overthrow the government of the United States. What are you waiting for mini mouse. Every single time you ladies start threatening everyone else don't you know we the population are laughing at you? You really don't know that? LOL

You aren't patriots, you don't know the Constitution, you aren't above the law, you aren't going to overthrow anything, and all the sane people in the country think you weak and lacking intelligence. The fact that you NEED to believe you are among 'a group who will soon exercise our second amendment rights so you 'libruls' better watch out' only paints you as wearing a tin foil hat and living in a trailer.

Threatening other people? You are cowards. You are like tiny hands trump who couldn't hold an 'arm' let alone fire it. He can't pay his own bills and stiffs honest people he hires who do real work. Why don't you get off welfare, put down your bb gun, and join adult society. And for f#$cks sake stop whining about everything.

Stop yer whining Barney Fife. Exercise your right to bear arms by loading your one bullet and shooting yourself in the foot.

I love to hear you whine, don't stop. The right to bear arms and the ability to defend a population against it's own military have not been in the same universe for over a hundred years. But people cling to their fantasies.

Seems as if a bunch of rag tag terrorist groups have had success in "holding off" the US military.

Seems as if a bunch of rag tag terrorist groups have had success in "holding off" the US military.
It is a pleasure watching you work! ;)

This is only because of the limitations applied to the US military’s ability to succeed.

This is only because of the limitations applied to the US military’s ability to succeed.
So then those same limitations would be placed against us 2nd Amendment defenders and we would still win anyway! Either what the libtard narrative false apart (as it always does).

So then those same limitations would be placed against us 2nd Amendment defenders and we would still win anyway! Either what the libtard narrative false apart (as it always does).

It sure does. They are very inconsistent.

It sure does. They are very inconsistent.

No, their arguments are consistent in their stupidity. Well their perceived stupidity of us. They think they are smart but they're truly not. All of their arguments come down to "you don't need guns but the wealthy elite do. Because they're special, and you're not."

I was defending the US military's capability, which exists despite restrictions.

We should all hope the government never, at least in the foreseeable future, becomes serious about relieving citizens of their firearms. I am talking about a real attempt to disarm the populous, with teeth sharp enough for the government to achieve their end.

Not only would many people resist in the belief they have the right to bear arms, it would also be perceived by some as a precursor to a military initiated dictatorship, and what were once law abiding citizens would become criminals in the eyes of the government and soldiers of freedom for those who oppose the government’s actions. Some states might secede (or its equivalent) from the union, especially in the south.

It is highly unlikely the government would risk such an eventuality.

Even if they did and were successful, the police would still not be able to protect citizens from crime. The criminals would simply improvise and steal at the point of a blade. Citizens in turn would arm themselves with blades as a defense.

It would not prevent crimes of passion or hatred or crimes committed by the mentally ill or terrorists.

It would not prevent mass murder. Drive any vehicle through a large gathering of people at a high rate of speed and you will accomplish this end, or make a bomb. There are other less obvious ways as well, that I will refrain from mentioning.

I was defending the US military's capability, which exists despite restrictions.

We should all hope the government never, at least in the foreseeable future, becomes serious about relieving citizens of their firearms. I am talking about a real attempt to disarm the populous, with teeth sharp enough for the government to achieve their end.

Not only would many people resist in the belief they have the right to bear arms, it would also be perceived by some as a precursor to a military initiated dictatorship, and what were once law abiding citizens would become criminals in the eyes of the government and soldiers of freedom for those who oppose the government’s actions. Some states might secede (or its equivalent) from the union, especially in the south.

Even if they did and were successful, the police would still not be able to protect citizens from crime. The criminals would simply improvise and steal at the point of a blade. Citizens in turn would arm themselves with blades as a defense.

It would not prevent crimes of passion or hatred or crimes committed by the mentally ill or terrorists.

It would not prevent mass murder. Drive any vehicle through a large gathering of people at a high rate of speed and you will accomplish this end, or make a bomb. There are other less obvious ways as well, that I will refrain from mentioning.

Well, the military (as far as I know) pledges to defend the constitution of the United States and the citizens of the US, and NOT the government. This is why the founders were against a strong centralized military, but in today's day and age, it can be no other way unfortunately.

Well, the military (as far as I know) pledges to defend the constitution of the United States and the citizens of the US, and NOT the government. This is why the founders were against a strong centralized military, but in today's day and age, it can be no other way unfortunately.
Bingo! Have explained this to liberals dozens of times but it just never sinks in for them. They believe that the government thinks like they do - including members of the military... :lol:

Perfectly stated. Democrats think the government = the people, it doesn't any more than the warden = his prisoners

Forum List

Back