The right to vote

A test before you get the right to vote?

• Yes

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
I wouldn't be opposed to a test about the Constitution prior to voting.

What good would that do? Give the test to politicians.

That also.

However, if the electorate was better informed of the Constitution they probably wouldn't elect the crap politicians we have. I'm interested in getting to the root cause.

Are you somehow unaware of how humans decide who to follow? It is never, ever a totally rational decision no matter what party you like.

I'd rather see those who run for political office tested. There should be a portion of the test about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as well as other significant laws, rules, and regulations. Another portion of the test would involve ethics, morals, and legality. There are probably other topics about which candidates should show some knowledge or proficiency, as well. Oh, and perhaps we should consider banning anyone with a law degree from public office.

What good would that do? Give the test to politicians.

That also.

However, if the electorate was better informed of the Constitution they probably wouldn't elect the crap politicians we have. I'm interested in getting to the root cause.

Are you somehow unaware of how humans decide who to follow? It is never, ever a totally rational decision no matter what party you like.

I'm not opposed to trying to make it more rational though. Are you? Or do you want to continue to ignore the root cause?

Last edited:
I'd rather see those who run for political office tested. There should be a portion of the test about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as well as other significant laws, rules, and regulations. Another portion of the test would involve ethics, morals, and legality. There are probably other topics about which candidates should show some knowledge or proficiency, as well. Oh, and perhaps we should consider banning anyone with a law degree from public office.

No lawyers? They do tend to get in the way of conservative bullshit with their pesky in-depth knowledge of the constitution AND it's case law.

It is truly sad that people have a right to vote for other people's stuff - if they were more aware they could generate their own :evil: Millions of ignoramuses voted for Obama, because he was black - look what they got :eek: I think a basic knowledge test should be established - of course that would be racist :eusa_shhh:

A more enlightened voter makes since :eusa_clap:

That also.

I'm not opposed to trying to make it more rational though. Are you? Or do you want to continue to ignore the root cause?

Humans are authoritarian in nature and live by hierarchies created not for rationality but for strength and stability. The very few of us that reject following power just because it's powerful are usually called anarchists and persecuted. In other words you are fighting human nature and you should know how useless that is.

Humans are authoritarian in nature and live by hierarchies created not for rationality but for strength and stability. The very few of us that reject following power just because it's powerful are usually called anarchists and persecuted. In other words you are fighting human nature and you should know how useless that is.
Nice. Nuff said.

Yet you, as an anarchist, shouldn't.
Really, did you you just say that?
I'm wrong for opposing it and you are right for opposing it. :confused:

Like most things political people would only want those they disagree with to be required to take the proposed test.

I'd want everybody to take it.
I would as well. It might wake people up as to what they're voting for, and possibly awaken people to what they stand to lose...and it might even mean their right to vote.

Educated voters are the GLUE that keeps this Republic intact. WE have too many low info voters.

Opposing what? Your statement needs editing for clarity.

Like most things political people would only want those they disagree with to be required to take the proposed test.

I would as well. It might wake people up as to what they're voting for, and possibly awaken people to what they stand to lose...and it might even mean their right to vote.

Educated voters are the GLUE that keeps this Republic intact. WE have too many low info voters.

Pose some sample questions and we will soon see the flaw in making people take a test.

I suspect you would be in the minority but good to know.

Homosexuals and blacks are in the minority also, yet they still influence public policy. That's an entirely different subject though.

Not really sure what homosexuals and blacks have to do with my post I was talking about being in the minority of wanting everyone to take the test. Maybe I missed something I haven't been drinking tonight.:lol:

Opposing what? Your statement needs editing for clarity.

I'm opposing the powers that say the ignorant should vote to keep them in power, you're opposing the powers that are kept in power by the ignorant yet wanting the ignorant to keep that ability.
Anarchist away. You'll keep getting what you've got because you'll keep letting the ignorant do what they do.

I suspect you would be in the minority but good to know.

Homosexuals and blacks are in the minority also, yet they still influence public policy. That's an entirely different subject though.

Not really sure what homosexuals and blacks have to do with my post I was talking about being in the minority of wanting everyone to take the test. Maybe I missed something I haven't been drinking tonight.:lol:

You said I was a minority, I mentioned other minorities that managed to change public policy.

No because they moment you do that.

Whats to stop either party making a different type of test that benefits their party or tries to to remove us independent voters from the voting booth you know because people like me "wastes votes". The moment you give the rights up of few because the next time it could include you.

Forum List

Back