The Right Wing had better be right about this "Deep State" stuff.

So here we go, I guess.

This is no longer going to be some fevered conspiracy story born of one of Mark Levin's fevered hyper-partisan conspiracy books. It's no longer going to be the foundation of President Hannity's hyper-partisan radio and teevee shows, buttressed by the manic "reporting" of his small band of like-minded "investigative reporters" (Out-of-Control Sean Hannity Thumbs His Nose at Fox News Bosses).

It's no longer going to be this alternate-universe "blockbuster" narrative that a relatively small group of people know like the back of their hand, as if they're convinced that "Breaking Bad" or "Game of Thrones" are documentaries.

You're accusing the American government, all the way to the top, of conspiring to spy on and bring down a presidential candidate and an American President. Key players in this accusation include a Special Counsel, a former Director of National Intelligence, a former FBI Director, former Secretary of State and a former President. Not to mention any number of lower-level government conspirators. The Deep State.

Bottom line: If you folks are right about this whole thing, it's a huge, historic story and must be addressed with historic attention, seriousness and care. If it's just a product of your fevered alternate universe, you deserve whatever you get.

Hopefully we'll soon know, once and for all, what actually happened. If anything.
The truth usually lies somewhere in between. Levin and Hannity are a tag team opposing AOC and Swalwell. The rest of us are left to make sense of this. Could an FBI director be unethical? Of course, see Hoover. I'll name these people-McCabe, Ohr, Strozk, Page, and Brennan. All could very easily be over zealous investigators. The former president, candidate, Special counsel, and National Intelligence Director, probably not. However, we should put the former attorney general in the guilty looking group. Just think though, we accused and virtually convicted a sitting POTUS over this! If Mueller come up with COMPELLING evidence of collusion during his hearing, I will bow to your judgement. If the Durham Report shows a plot to frame Trump, then I will be glad for the victory of reason over emotion.

While I support journalismtic freedom and think we are treading dangerous ground with the extradition of assange, his exposure of afghan informants was truly vile. So, while i dont think he should go to jail (unless he helped hack government servers), I do hope he drops dead.
An offer was made to protect sensitive names. It was declined.

Dear Mr. Matusheski

I understand that you represent yourself to be an attorney for WikiLeaks and that you, on behalf of that organization, sought a conversation with someone in the United States Government to discuss “harm minimization” with respect to some 15,000 U.S. Government classified documents that WikiLeaks is holding and is threatening to make public. In response, I was prepared to speak with you yesterday at 10:00am EDT and convey the position of the Department of Defense. Despite your agreement to be available by telephone yesterday morning, we could not reach you at that time.

The position of the Department of Defense is clear, and it should be conveyed to your client in no uncertain terms:

WikiLeaks is holding the property of the U.S. Government, including classified documents and sensitive national security information that has not been authorized for release. Further, it is the view of the Department of Defense that WikiLeaks obtained this material in circumstances that constitute a violation of United States law, and that as long as WikiLeaks holds this material, the violation of the law is ongoing.

The Secretary of Defense has made clear the damage to our national security by the public release by WikiLeaks of some 76,000 classified documents several weeks ago, and the threat to the lives of coalition forces in Afghanistan and to the lives of local Afghan nationals as a result. As the Secretary has also stated, we know from various sources that our enemy is accessing the WikiLeaks website for the purpose of exploiting WikiLeaks’ illegal and irresponsible actions, to pursue their own terrorist aims.

The threatened release of additional classified documents by WikiLeaks will add to the damage. Among other sensitive items, we believe the classified documents contain, like the first batch of released documents, the names of Afghan nationals who are assisting coalition forces in our efforts to bring about peace and stability in that portion of the world.

Thus, the Department of Defense will NOT negotiate some “minimized” or “sanitized” version of a release by WikiLeaks of additional U.S. Government classified documents. The Department demands that NOTHING further be released by WikiLeaks, that ALL of the U.S. Government classified documents that WikiLeaks has obtained be returned immediately, and that WikiLeaks remove and destroy all of these records from its databases.

(Signed)

Jeh Charles Johnson
Defense.gov News Article: Pentagon Releases Letter Sent to Purported WikiLeaks Attorney

And I'm certain we agree that high-ranking US officials who abuse their authority - using gov't agencies to destroy political opponents - should face not just the disdain of the American people but the full power and fury of the system they used to destroy or try to destroy others?
Of course. And holy shit, that wouldn't exactly be a shock if it turned out to be the case.
Not really a shock at this point but certainly a boon to media outlets choking on the LIES they have promoted and even fabricated, and who now find themselves on the financial ropes as viewers and subscribers abandon their ships of fools.

The fall of Salon.com
I'm not quite sure how a country is supposed to survive for long when no one can really believe anything they hear, read or even see.
Seriously.
Certainly not a constitutional democratic republic that needs a credible MSM to act as gov't watchdog and as if to accentuate the problem, PMSNBC's Chris Matthews openly admitted his employer needs impeachment to survive and give him a big bonus. I suspect many ar CNN are feeling exactly the same. Yeah ... seriously.

And I'm certain we agree that high-ranking US officials who abuse their authority - using gov't agencies to destroy political opponents - should face not just the disdain of the American people but the full power and fury of the system they used to destroy or try to destroy others?
Of course. And holy shit, that wouldn't exactly be a shock if it turned out to be the case.
Not really a shock at this point but certainly a boon to media outlets choking on the LIES they have promoted and even fabricated, and who now find themselves on the financial ropes as viewers and subscribers abandon their ships of fools.

The fall of Salon.com
I'm not quite sure how a country is supposed to survive for long when no one can really believe anything they hear, read or even see.
Seriously.
Certainly not a constitutional democratic republic that needs a credible MSM to act as gov't watchdog and as if to accentuate the problem, PMSNBC's Chris Matthews openly admitted his employer needs impeachment to survive and give him a big bonus. I suspect many ar CNN are feeling exactly the same. Yeah ... seriously.
We had a credible watchdog. The country wants to throw him in GITMO for being a government watchdog.

We're done.

Bullshit, unless a different Tehon posted "He is trying to silence the watchdog independent media "

You called the little Goebbels of the DNC Corporate media "watchdog independent media "

If you want actual independence try Breitbart, which is perhaps the ONLY honest media left.

Even Fox lied about Obama's cages when the Goebbels decided to blame them on Trump. Breitbart had reported on them in 2014 - indeed the photos were taken by Breitbart, but the DNC Media spiked the story to protect Obama.
Trump is trying to silence the independent media. Wikileaks is independent media. Trump has indicted Assange for disseminating truthful information...
And with that silliness you once again careen offs the rails. Trump has done nothing "to silence the independent media" - unless one is loony enough to consider self- defense an attempt to silence others - and he has indicted NO ONE.

It's clear your seething hatred for the POTUS trumps your rationality.
Julian Assange is under indictment right now. For disseminating factual information.

As I understand it, he's under indictment for his efforts to OBTAIN the information, not disseminating it.

WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Charged in 18-Count Superseding Indictment
from your link;

"the superseding indictment charges that Assange then published on WikiLeaks classified documents that contained the unredacted names of human sources who provided information to United States forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, and to U.S. State Department diplomats around the world."

Yep, but the main charge is based on espionage, not publishing stolen information. That just is part of showing he illegally obtained the information.

And with that silliness you once again careen offs the rails. Trump has done nothing "to silence the independent media" - unless one is loony enough to consider self- defense an attempt to silence others - and he has indicted NO ONE.

Julian Assange is under indictment right now. For disseminating factual information.

As I understand it, he's under indictment for his efforts to OBTAIN the information, not disseminating it.

from your link;

"the superseding indictment charges that Assange then published on WikiLeaks classified documents that contained the unredacted names of human sources who provided information to United States forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, and to U.S. State Department diplomats around the world."
If he didn't steal them, then he didn't break the law, shit for brains.
Why does an anarchist care about the state's secrets?

Anarchists can't commit crimes?

Trump is trying to silence the independent media. Wikileaks is independent media. Trump has indicted Assange for disseminating truthful information...

from your link;

Yep, but the main charge is based on espionage, not publishing stolen information. That just is part of showing he illegally obtained the information.
He does the same thing the New York Times does.

You people are dangerous. You learned nothing after 9/11.

The fall of Salon.com
Seriously.
We had a credible watchdog. The country wants to throw him in GITMO for being a government watchdog.

We're done.
No one man - especially one who deals in stolen property for self-gain - can replace the credible media watchdog we've lost.

Most Americans say they have lost trust in the media

The fall of Salon.com
Seriously.

We're done.
No one man - especially one who deals in stolen property for self-gain - can replace the credible media watchdog we've lost.

Most Americans say they have lost trust in the media
All we have is the independent media. We're losing a good resource. And this is going to send a strong message to those who would think to expose government malfeasance in the future.

I can't explain why you guys love big brother so much. Whatever.

All for the state, nothing outside the state.

Fuck all ya'll.

I didn't suggest that the corporate media was independent. That's you trying to draw conclusions.

Bullshit, unless a different Tehon posted "He is trying to silence the watchdog independent media "

You called the little Goebbels of the DNC Corporate media "watchdog independent media "

If you want actual independence try Breitbart, which is perhaps the ONLY honest media left.

Even Fox lied about Obama's cages when the Goebbels decided to blame them on Trump. Breitbart had reported on them in 2014 - indeed the photos were taken by Breitbart, but the DNC Media spiked the story to protect Obama.

No … for violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

It is bullshit law. It can be used to violate folks liberty. Only those who despise liberty would support his prosecution.

The Law Being Used to Prosecute Julian Assange Is Broken
The Law Being Used to Prosecute Julian Assange Is Broken
". . . . The core problem with the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act is that it doesn't clearly define one of the central things it prohibits: unauthorized access to a computer. The courts across the country aren't any help on this front, issuing conflicting decisions both with other jurisdictions and often within their own. Under the CFAA, what is a felony in one jurisdiction is legal in another. This lack of definitional clarity allows prosecutors to charge felonies even when the harms are minimal, questionable, or just political views that DOJ doesn't like. This is a serious problem, given that much political speech and protest these days is done with computers. And DOJ has previously used the CFAA in a politically charged prosecution.

<snip>

Likewise, the Assange prosecution looks more like an attack on core political speech protected by the First Amendment than a proper exercise of prosecutorial discretion. Assange is facing a single count indictment for conspiracy to violate the CFAA. The indictment stems from an incident in 2010 when Assange allegedly told then-Army private Chelsea Manning, who was leaking classified materials to Assange to be published on WikiLeaks, that he would help her crack a password to gain access to military computers. Prosecuting Assange for a computer crime sidesteps the elephant in the room: this is the prosecution of a publisher of information of interest and importance to the public about our government. The First Amendment protects the act of publishing that information. Therefore, the act being prosecuted is inextricably linked to the act of obtaining this information because the charged crime is conspiracy to access the system with the information of public import. Prison time for Assange might deter others from publishing information that exposes the inner workings of government. . . . "

So here we go, I guess.

This is no longer going to be some fevered conspiracy story born of one of Mark Levin's fevered hyper-partisan conspiracy books. It's no longer going to be the foundation of President Hannity's hyper-partisan radio and teevee shows, buttressed by the manic "reporting" of his small band of like-minded "investigative reporters" (Out-of-Control Sean Hannity Thumbs His Nose at Fox News Bosses).

It's no longer going to be this alternate-universe "blockbuster" narrative that a relatively small group of people know like the back of their hand, as if they're convinced that "Breaking Bad" or "Game of Thrones" are documentaries.

You're accusing the American government, all the way to the top, of conspiring to spy on and bring down a presidential candidate and an American President. Key players in this accusation include a Special Counsel, a former Director of National Intelligence, a former FBI Director, former Secretary of State and a former President. Not to mention any number of lower-level government conspirators. The Deep State.

Bottom line: If you folks are right about this whole thing, it's a huge, historic story and must be addressed with historic attention, seriousness and care. If it's just a product of your fevered alternate universe, you deserve whatever you get.

Hopefully we'll soon know, once and for all, what actually happened. If anything.
As if itmatters....conspiracy nutters are not swayed by evidence or lack of it.

Conspiracy nutters?

You mean like Moon landing hoax morons, big foot believers or Russian collusion fucktards?

russian-collusion-iz-2-reel.jpg

"Comey signed a FISA warrant application which included the Steele dossier, saying it was verified and less than 2 weeks later told Trump it was salacious and unverified."

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

No, ya lyin' pos, Comey never said the dossier was "salacious and unverified." He said, "some personally sensitive aspects," of it were. Which we came to learn he was talking about the portion of the dossier claiming trump paid prostitutes to perform a golden shower.

So you don't pay attention AND you lie. That makes you a typical conservative.

Describing his first meeting with then-President-Elect Trump, Comey says the Intelligence Community (IC) was aware that media possessed unverified material they would imminently report – even though it was “salacious and unverified.”
<<snip>>

“The IC leadership thought it important, for a variety of reasons, to alert the incoming President to the existence of this material, even though it was salacious and unverified. Among those reasons were: (1) we knew the media was about to publicly report the material and we believed the IC should not keep knowledge of the material and its imminent release from the President-Elect; and (2) to the extent there was some effort to compromise an incoming President, we could blunt any such effort with a defensive briefing.”

Comey: ‘Even Though It Was Salacious and Unverified…We Knew Media Was About to Publicly Report’

Carry on commie. LMAO

You lying idiot, I just posted that first meeting. And unlike you, I quoted Comey in context. He never said the entire dossier was "salacious and unverified." The parts he said were salacious and unverified were "some personally sensitive aspects."

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

So you're saying Comey lied to congress?

LOLOL

No, I'm saying you're an idiot and a liar

Shit, your own link quoted Comey saying...

"At the conclusion of that briefing, I remained alone with the President-Elect to brief him on some personally sensitive aspects of the information assembled during the assessment."

... now while rightard cultists will try to spin Comey's words into claiming he said all of the dossier was "salacious and unverified," we see he actually said only "some" of it was. And anyone with a functioning brain, which evidently leaves you out, knows "some" is not "all."

ROFL

You are such a DESPERATE fucking liar.

"See, the word "is" is true....."

:lol:

Dumb, lying fuck..
LOLOL

What a pity you can't actually show where I lied. Just saying it only exposes you as an idiot.

A "moderate" is like the muslim who hold the victim to get the head cut off. Then says, "I am moderate, I never chopped any head off".
Moderates and independents can think for ourselves, which is why wingers dislike us so much.

We expose wingers for what they are. No WONDER they get angry.
2Fqdg38.jpg

There was a time when there were moderate democrats.

Name one running for president today?

{During an appearance on Fox News earlier this week, Republican Congressman Mark Meadows laid down the timeline for when declassified documents about the FBI's spying during the 2016 presidential campaign will be released for public consumption.

"I can tell you, there's information coming that will curl your hair. I can tell you that the reason why it's so visceral - the response from the Democrats is so visceral right now is because they know - they've seen documents. Adam Schiff has seen documents that he knows will actually put the finger pointing back at him and his Democrat colleagues, not the President of the United States," Meadows said. "We're talking about days, not weeks. So very soon."}

Mark Meadows: We're Going to See 'Hair Curling' Declassified Info on the FBI's Spying...Within Days
Insane poster, we've been hearing that for two years now.

No, fucking liar - what we have heard for two years is RUSSIAN COLLUSION.

But there was no "collusion," fucking liar.

{
The investigation did not establish any agreement among Campaign officials or between such officials and Russia-linked individuals to interfere with or obstruct a lawful function of a government agency during the campaign or transition period. And, as discussed in Volume 1, Section V.A, supra, the investigation did not identify evidence that any Campaign official or associate knowingly and intentionally participated in the conspiracy to defraud that the Office charged, namely, the active-measures conspiracy described in Volume 1, Section II, supra.

Accordingly, the Office did not charge any Campaign associate or other US. person with conspiracy to defraud the United States based on the Russia-related contacts described in Section IV above.

}

Still you lie - and now that REAL LAW is turning on you, the frequency of your lies becomes more shrill.

So lie some more, fucking liar - no doubt reality will change to support your lies.

Faun is typical of the leftist lying trash that hates America.
How fortunate am I you're nothing but a slobbering imbecile?

DERP

Pathological lying fuck.

{
The investigation did not establish any agreement among Campaign officials or between such officials and Russia-linked individuals to interfere with or obstruct a lawful function of a government agency during the campaign or transition period. And, as discussed in Volume 1, Section V.A, supra, the investigation did not identify evidence that any Campaign official or associate knowingly and intentionally participated in the conspiracy to defraud that the Office charged, namely, the active-measures conspiracy described in Volume 1, Section II, supra.

Accordingly, the Office did not charge any Campaign associate or other US. person with conspiracy to defraud the United States based on the Russia-related contacts described in Section IV above.

}
I never said it did. That you think I said that is more of a reflection of your mental instability than anything else.

"Comey signed a FISA warrant application which included the Steele dossier, saying it was verified and less than 2 weeks later told Trump it was salacious and unverified."

No, ya lyin' pos, Comey never said the dossier was "salacious and unverified." He said, "some personally sensitive aspects," of it were. Which we came to learn he was talking about the portion of the dossier claiming trump paid prostitutes to perform a golden shower.

So you don't pay attention AND you lie. That makes you a typical conservative.

Describing his first meeting with then-President-Elect Trump, Comey says the Intelligence Community (IC) was aware that media possessed unverified material they would imminently report – even though it was “salacious and unverified.”
<<snip>>

“The IC leadership thought it important, for a variety of reasons, to alert the incoming President to the existence of this material, even though it was salacious and unverified. Among those reasons were: (1) we knew the media was about to publicly report the material and we believed the IC should not keep knowledge of the material and its imminent release from the President-Elect; and (2) to the extent there was some effort to compromise an incoming President, we could blunt any such effort with a defensive briefing.”

Comey: ‘Even Though It Was Salacious and Unverified…We Knew Media Was About to Publicly Report’

Carry on commie. LMAO

You lying idiot, I just posted that first meeting. And unlike you, I quoted Comey in context. He never said the entire dossier was "salacious and unverified." The parts he said were salacious and unverified were "some personally sensitive aspects."

So you're saying Comey lied to congress?

LOLOL

No, I'm saying you're an idiot and a liar

Shit, your own link quoted Comey saying...

"At the conclusion of that briefing, I remained alone with the President-Elect to brief him on some personally sensitive aspects of the information assembled during the assessment."

... now while rightard cultists will try to spin Comey's words into claiming he said all of the dossier was "salacious and unverified," we see he actually said only "some" of it was. And anyone with a functioning brain, which evidently leaves you out, knows "some" is not "all."

Well asshole, he told the FISA court that the dossier was verified, every page had verified stamped at the top of the page. He lied to the court. And as a typical commie you want to play semantics and take shit out of context.

Oh look ^^^ a rightard abandons his idiocy. And with that, another angel gets its wings.

Rightard ... you claimed Comey said the entire dossier was "salacious and unverified." Does this post of yours mean you now realize what a moron you are for claiming such nonsense?

{During an appearance on Fox News earlier this week, Republican Congressman Mark Meadows laid down the timeline for when declassified documents about the FBI's spying during the 2016 presidential campaign will be released for public consumption.

"I can tell you, there's information coming that will curl your hair. I can tell you that the reason why it's so visceral - the response from the Democrats is so visceral right now is because they know - they've seen documents. Adam Schiff has seen documents that he knows will actually put the finger pointing back at him and his Democrat colleagues, not the President of the United States," Meadows said. "We're talking about days, not weeks. So very soon."}

Mark Meadows: We're Going to See 'Hair Curling' Declassified Info on the FBI's Spying...Within Days
Insane poster, we've been hearing that for two years now.

No, fucking liar - what we have heard for two years is RUSSIAN COLLUSION.

But there was no "collusion," fucking liar.

{

}

Still you lie - and now that REAL LAW is turning on you, the frequency of your lies becomes more shrill.

So lie some more, fucking liar - no doubt reality will change to support your lies.

Insane poster.... yes, we've been hearing about it. Your delusions don't actually make reality go away.

Rep. Gaetz: People "Will Go To Jail" Over FISA Memo, Democrats "Afraid" To Release Info

Yes shit head liar, that is from 9 months ago, when your crimes had started to unravel.

As long as Sessions was AG, the corrupt dims were safe, Sessions was one of yours, an insider. Barr is clearly an outsider willing to put the crooks in prison, which is why you're panicking, and you're right to panic.
LOL

Sessions was not "one of mine." Dayum, you're fucking insane. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back