The Ryan family business: Oh I thought he was born poor?

Don't you love these piece of shit progressives?

Apparently growing up middle class is wrong, apparently success is wrong.

People are poor ie progressives because they're either stupid or lazy - it is really that fucking simple..

Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ryan was born and raised in Janesville, Wisconsin, the youngest of four children of Elizabeth A. "Betty" (née Hutter) and Paul Murray Ryan, a lawyer.[6][7][8] He is a fifth generation Wisconsinite.[6][9] His father was of Irish ancestry and his mother is of German and some English descent.[10] His great-grandfather, Patrick William Ryan (1858–1917), founded the Ryan Incorporated Central construction business in 1884.[11][12][13] Ryan's grandfather was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin by President Calvin Coolidge.[14]

He never said he was born poor! So did you read ALL of this, or only this little part that you posted? He worked hard and has done a lot of good things....what have you done with YOUR life? huh?

Even if it DID say he was "born poor" - which it doesn't - Paul Ryan didn't write it.

The "evil rich" should fire these piece of shit progressives and tell them to go fuck a bag of Obama dicks - then go hire a bunch of conservatives or libertarians who are willing to work without bitching about it..

I haven't seen Ryan say a single thing anywhere about coming from poverty, or anything even comparable.

It was the right-wing nuts on this board who were making those claims.

Really? Who? Provide citations and links (and more than one or two, please, if you're going to broadbrush the accusation).

Where would they get that idea? Maybe because he paid for college with his father's SS?
His family business prospered thanks to the government too.

Liberals Seize Upon News That Ryan’s Family Business Built Partly With Government Subsidies | Mediaite

Are you talking about SS Survivors benefits here? If so, you obviously have no fucking idea how little that is. My dad died in 1980, while I was in hs. I got a piddling amount in SS Survivors Benefts, until SS cuts eliminated it entirely a few years later. It was not enough to buy books for college, let alone pay tuition.

With his father’s passing, young Paul collected Social Security benefits until age 18, which he put away for college.

WI Magazine: Rebel Without a Pause: Our reporter spends 48 hectic hours with rising GOP star Paul Ryan. Just how far can his reform plans take him? - by Christian Schneider

And?

Are you talking about SS Survivors benefits here? If so, you obviously have no fucking idea how little that is. My dad died in 1980, while I was in hs. I got a piddling amount in SS Survivors Benefts, until SS cuts eliminated it entirely a few years later. It was not enough to buy books for college, let alone pay tuition.

With his father’s passing, young Paul collected Social Security benefits until age 18, which he put away for college.

WI Magazine: Rebel Without a Pause: Our reporter spends 48 hectic hours with rising GOP star Paul Ryan. Just how far can his reform plans take him? - by Christian Schneider

I see your mistake. You confused 'putting away for college' with 'he paid for college with his father's SS'.

The SS benefits he 'put away for college' obviously went towards college, but were certainly not enough to have 'paid for college'.

And yet, curiously enough, it is the only thing mentioned when how he paid for college is mentioned. Funny that...

I see your mistake. You confused 'putting away for college' with 'he paid for college with his father's SS'.

The SS benefits he 'put away for college' obviously went towards college, but were certainly not enough to have 'paid for college'.

And yet, curiously enough, it is the only thing mentioned when how he paid for college is mentioned. Funny that...

Gosh. Perhaps you should call that magazine, demand to speak to that writer, and take him to task for not invading Ryan's privacy to the degree and specificity that you require.

Still has fuck-all to do with 1) whatever Ryan's family's financial situation was at his birth, and 2) whether or not Ryan himself has ever claimed to be "born poor".

Congrats TruthMatters, you win the prize for being the absolute most partisan lying liberal on the board today. Keep trying you might win it again tomorrow. :D

:clap: :banana:

Where would they get that idea? Maybe because he paid for college with his father's SS?
His family business prospered thanks to the government too.

Liberals Seize Upon News That Ryan’s Family Business Built Partly With Government Subsidies | Mediaite

He got those benefits for 2 years, a lousy $100 a month.

Did you have a fucking point?

The flipping burgers and driving the WeinerMobile slipped right past you, huh?

TM is probably some bitch on welfare with 10 kids by 7 different fathers living on welfare blaming everyone but herself for her position in life ...

Her arguments certainly fit the bill....

Tell you what.

Instead of infering that he paid for college completely with SS Survivors Benefits, do this...
A... find out where & when he went to college, and find out the average tuition cost for the years he went
B... find out what the SS Survivors Benefits were at the time he was receiving them (remembering that due to SS cuts, they were phased out in the mid 80's).
C... compare the tuition figures from part A, to the benefits in part B.

If you can prove that the SS Survivors benefits could have completely paid for his tuition, I will have myself IP banned.

Forum List

Back