The Sanders Made $200K in 2014 But Net Worth Just $500K??

Some people use their credit cards to pay for everything then pay off their card every month for rewards points or miles.

Paying off $65K of CC charges each month is quite a feat when one earns only $200K per year. If Bernie can pull that off, he's a Financial GEEEENNNNIIIIUUUUSSSSS.
Except he isn't paying it off, so he is a financial moron.

:lol:

From your link in the OP:

On a separate disclosure form required of presidential candidates, Sanders reported having between $25,000 and $65,000 in credit card debt at some point during the past year.

Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said the debt was related to weddings of a daughter and niece and that Sanders and his wife had since paid the balance on the two credit cards down to zero.

“Like a lot of Americans, they use credit cards to pay everyday expenses,” Briggs said.

You were saying?
Makes $200k and can't write a check for a wedding? My case validated.

70+ years old and his net worth is a messily $500k including his house??? Without his public dole pension the guy would have to retire to a trailer park.

What's your net worth, cowboy?

Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness.
Credit card debt a regular feature on Sanders' finance reports

Have a nice day!

Do you understand what "rotating CC debt" means?

It means that he charges things to his CC, then pays them off. Not the lies that you've posted in this thread.

It's hilarious to me that one such as yourself, who babbles on and on about "morality", would rather lie than simply admit you were wrong.
Nope. His debt is unpaid at the end of the month, that's why it's a debt. Try reading the link.

"Such debt also isn't uncommon for members of Congress. In 2011, 76 members reported credit card debt above the reporting threshold of $10,000, according to a 2013 report by OpenSecrets.org.

Sanders' Visa balances have fluctuated in recent years. He has consistently reported loans, lines of credit or credit card balances as liabilities on most of his earlier financial disclosure reports."

I did read the link, and it doesn't support your repeated lies. You're not understanding how these disclosure forms work.

Sanders didn't declare his "current" debt - he declared debt that he owed at some point during that year.
I've filled out the California version of that form for 20 years, I know exactly how it works.

Paying off $65K of CC charges each month is quite a feat when one earns only $200K per year. If Bernie can pull that off, he's a Financial GEEEENNNNIIIIUUUUSSSSS.

On a separate disclosure form required of presidential candidates, Sanders reported having between $25,000 and $65,000 in credit card debt at some point during the past year.

Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said the debt was related to weddings of a daughter and niece and that Sanders and his wife had since paid the balance on the two credit cards down to zero.

“Like a lot of Americans, they use credit cards to pay everyday expenses,” Briggs said.

You were saying?

70+ years old and his net worth is a messily $500k including his house??? Without his public dole pension the guy would have to retire to a trailer park.

With or without the new BMW I just custom ordered?

I don't care. Person of his career should be in the 8 figures.
Also says they had $65K in Visa bills, which explains a lot why he has no money.

I don't want some fool with $65k of credit card debt in the White House holy shit.

The "with $65K of credit card debt" is rather superfluous, hun.

The guys a retard if he has that kind of credit card debt.
Some people use their credit cards to pay for everything then pay off their card every month for rewards points or miles.

Where does it say he was paying $65k of credit card payments every month? I never said that. The $65k could have been broken down through the year.

Do you understand what "rotating CC debt" means?

It means that he charges things to his CC, then pays them off. Not the lies that you've posted in this thread.

It's hilarious to me that one such as yourself, who babbles on and on about "morality", would rather lie than simply admit you were wrong.
Nope. His debt is unpaid at the end of the month, that's why it's a debt. Try reading the link.

"Such debt also isn't uncommon for members of Congress. In 2011, 76 members reported credit card debt above the reporting threshold of $10,000, according to a 2013 report by OpenSecrets.org.

Sanders' Visa balances have fluctuated in recent years. He has consistently reported loans, lines of credit or credit card balances as liabilities on most of his earlier financial disclosure reports."

I did read the link, and it doesn't support your repeated lies. You're not understanding how these disclosure forms work.

Sanders didn't declare his "current" debt - he declared debt that he owed at some point during that year.
I've filled out the California version of that form for 20 years, I know exactly how it works.

Apparently, you don't.

What is the "California version" of the Senate Ethics Committee disclosure forms, exactly?

I don't want some fool with $65k of credit card debt in the White House holy shit.

Except it says he did pay it off, so you're an illiterate moron.

You were saying?

A vehicle is a liability, not an asset.

This has been today's free finance lesson.

Where does it say he was paying $65k of credit card payments every month? I never said that. The $65k could have been broken down through the year.

If he declared it as debt, then it had accumulated and he was living way beyond his means.

You were saying?

A car that has been paid off is an asset, albeit in most cases a depreciating one.

You were saying?

I hear strippers are plentiful in those parks. Might not be a bad place to retire for an old man!

You were saying?

People that brag about things on the internet are often full of shit.

If he declared it as debt, then it had accumulated and he was living way beyond his means.

No, that's not how the disclosure forms work.

On the forms, one must declare all debt that was owed at any time within the year. It does not mean "current" debt.

You were saying?

I have to do something with all the cash piling up. Seriously I got my Vin# yesterday :eusa_dance:

OMG, Bernie Sanders had credit card debt for a period of time that has been paid off. Who gives a fuck?

I have to do something with all the cash piling up. Seriously I got my Vin# yesterday :eusa_dance:

Congratulations. I wouldn't have bought a Beemer, but nevertheless enjoy the ride.

What model did you buy?

A car that has been paid off is an asset, albeit in most cases a depreciating one.

I may put a Trump bumper sticker on it and drive around downtown Portland, OR to irritate the libs, good times!

No, that's not how the disclosure forms work.

On the forms, one must declare all debt that was owed at any time within the year. It does not mean "current" debt.

Uh, yes, it is. It's the level of debt that totals more than $10,000 at any time during the year.

If Sanders used his Credit Card account as a revolving of credit and had a balance of $5K to $6K on a monthly basis, it would not count as $65K of debt.

Top Liabilities, 2014 | OpenSecrets

You were saying?

I hear strippers are plentiful in those parks. Might not be a bad place to retire for an old man!

In this day and age a couple can't really retire on a net worth of $500k when most of that is tied up in a house. I guess that's why he's still working, if you can call being a member of congress a real job.

You were saying?

People that brag about things on the internet are often full of shit.

I worked hard for it, don't be a hater.

You were saying?

In this day and age a couple can't really retire on a net worth of $500k when most of that is tied up in a house. I guess that's why he's still working, if you can call being a member of congress a real job.

He's going to get a PENSION, which will be much bigger if he becomes President.

Forum List

Back