The simple way to instantly fix health care!!!

reduce prices 80% is putting everyone on Medicare, publish prices, and give everyone vouchers to buy health care that could be converted to cash if unspent at the end of the year.

As prices slowly dropped 80%, the govt could reduce the vouchers , and taxes to pay for them, accordingly until eventually most people could afford their own health care.

Repeating the same stupidity is not helping your case.

reduce prices 80% is putting everyone on Medicare, publish prices, and give everyone vouchers to buy health care that could be converted to cash if unspent at the end of the year.

As prices slowly dropped 80%, the govt could reduce the vouchers , and taxes to pay for them, accordingly until eventually most people could afford their own health care.

Rates will decrease by 80% because he SAYS they will ;)

do you think national price competition would increase prices? A child could answer that one

If it is not the subject, what the heck are you blabbering about?
to reduce healthcare prices 80% put everyone on Medicare, publish prices, and give everyone vouchers to buy health care that could be converted to cash if unspent at the end of the year.

I have several insurance providers seeking my business.

and so do IBM GM Ford and all are offering them rip off prices. That is why major companies and banding together to get more price leverage against insurance companies. Infinitely better still would be nationally published published prices for health care and 330 million Americans with vouchers. Now do you understand?
Again, there is no leverage, or not much that can be used against insurance companies, they are about 5 percent of the cost. The rest is what providers have jacked the price. Now if they are both the same, then there are problems with no competition. The first thing I would do is open up the VA healthcare system to ALL vets not just the ones who don't have much income or were injuried. I served 6 years in a submarine and I can't get a id so I can get 10 percent off at Lowes. My brother in law NOT did finish boot camp and he get a full ride, and he wasn't injuried. I don't see how that is fair. Fairness aside I think competition with a system already in place would be a start.

Another improvement. Medicare pays 80 percent for durable medical goods so advantage plans have to pay the same. So I go to get a CPAP machine and the price quoted is WAY over what I could go on the Internet or other providers and pay. So I call and ask if I can go to an alternative and save both myself and the insurance provider money. Nope. I appeal and it went through two reviews both denied.

I will bet money that the insurance provider does not pay 80 percent of the quoted price I received. I will bet they have a deal with the medical supplier that I pay much more than 20 percent. It is a blatant rip off in my opinion.

So I fixed the one I had myself and saved myself money. Next year I will look for another insurance company where I can go where I want for durable goods or they already have a bigger network.

Bottom line, they are scamming people in my opinion.

If it is not the subject, what the heck are you blabbering about?
to reduce healthcare prices 80% put everyone on Medicare, publish prices, and give everyone vouchers to buy health care that could be converted to cash if unspent at the end of the year.

Medicare has set prices, you nitwit!

Do you even know the difference in health care and health insurance? I doubt it!

You aren't proposing Medicare for all, but some other nightmare.

Ryan and the GOP have convinced weakminded followers that Medicare can save money by paying CEOs $multi-million salaries.

if true I will pay you $10,000. Bet????

obviously big companies pay huge salaries to save money not to lose money. Do you understand these basics??

• Cigna CEO David Cordani: $17.3 million. Cordani's total compensation rose considerably compared to 2014, when he pulled in $14.5 million. ...
  • Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini: $17.3 million. ...
  • UnitedHealth CEO Stephen Hemsley: $14.5 million. ...
  • Anthem CEO Joseph Swedish: $13.6 million. ...
  • Humana CEO Bruce Broussard: $10.3 million.
Health insurance CEO salary tops out at $17.3M in ... - Fierce Healthcare
www.fiercehealthcare.com/.../health-insurance-ceo-pay-at-big-five-tops-out-at-17-3m-2...
So, all of these fellows run multi-state corporations with 10's of thousands of workers.

You know who else makes huge yearly sums?

Keanu Reeves. 30 million
Johnny Depp 35 million
Arnold Schwarzenegger 29.25 million
Mel Gibson 30 million
Sandra Bullock 20 million.

How about some singers?

Taylor Swift 73.5 million
Kenny Chesney 39.8 million
Billy Joel 31 million
Luke Bryan 23 million

All of these people outstrip any corporate CEO, yet they don't do anything but pretend to be other people or sing a few songs.

Sorry if I'm not outraged at the incomes of CEO's who actually provide value to our society.

do you think national price competition would increase prices? A child could answer that one

First, you already had that BEFORE the ACA. SECOND Obama ASSURED us that his plan would CREATE more competition and it has had the exact opposite effect.

Now, having said that even if you completely deregulated the market, ANY market, there is a built in floor for pricing. That floor is compromised of all costs associated with the creation of whatever it is you are peddling. Your 80% assumption is silly at best.

How would that cause prices to drop? Putting more money into the system will cause the prices to skyrocket, as we have seen with Obamacare and college tuition.

Forum List

Back