"The Slut Walk" - Where Women Try To Be Enticing and Repulsive At The Same Time

I knew a Vietnam vet who described a gang rape where the barrel of a gun was used.

If there was a point to that lovely story, it is not apparent.

What part of her anatomy was violated by the weapon?

By the way, that would not qualify as "rape" under the most frequent definition in the law of the word "rape."

It WOULD still be a sex crime, though.

What would it qualify as?

Rape is a assault, not sex.

Rape is AN assault, but there is a sexual element.

IF there were no sexual element involved at all, then rape wouldn't be defined by reference to penis and vagina.

A penis is not always involved. Broomsticks, bottles, etc. have also been used more than rarely.

If a pedophile "rapes" a little boy, it isn't technically rape. For the young victim has no vagina. It's a sex crime. It is ugly and savage. But it isn't "rape."

I knew a Vietnam vet who described a gang rape where the barrel of a gun was used.

By the way, that would not qualify as "rape" under the most frequent definition in the law of the word "rape."

I believe that the term sodomy includes the use of an inanimate object.

Sodomy, usually. Depends on the legal definition used state by state.

Sexual assault is a common name.

But in most cases, "rape" still means sexual intercourse by force, compulsion, violence, threat, etc., or even lack of consent by virtue of age or some other incapacity.

I believe that the term sodomy includes the use of an inanimate object.

A lot depends on which state the crime occurs in. The definitions and terms used in NY are not biding on Georgia, etc.

The individual telling the rape story was using it as a form of power and control. He wanted to scare me.

He succeeded.

I remember calling my friend, N, who was the director of the Rape Crisis Network in our county. I said, "is this a weird story, or what?" I was renting a cabin on this man's land. She said, start packing, I'm coming to get you.

Last edited:

But in most cases, "rape" still means sexual intercourse by force, compulsion, violence, threat, etc., or even lack of consent by virtue of age or some other incapacity.

Sexual assault includes some form of sex by definition. Isn't rape a form of sexual assault?

Sexual assault includes some form of sex by definition. Isn't rape a form of sexual assault?

Rape however means penis in vagina. Penetration however slight. Absence of actual consent.

So, it may be true that "rape" is a subset of sexual assault, there are many kinds of sexual assault that are not (by definition) "rape."

When the police make the arrest and prefer some charges -- or later when the prosecutor specifies the charges or the grand jury indicts -- when they are referring to penis in vagina sexual contact without consent, they know enough to use the right term: "rape."

If an inmate in prison anally sodomizes the new inmate, people might "call" it "rape." But it's not technically rape.

The individual telling the rape story was using it as a form of power and control. He wanted to scare me.

He succeeded.

I remember calling my friend, N, who was the director of the Rape Crisis Network in our county. I said, "is this a weird story, or what?" I was renting a cabin on this man's land. She said, start packing, I'm coming to get you.

It is kind of SICK that you turned a tale about a perverse act of criminality overseas into a story of YOU being a "victim" again.

You need help.

But drunkenness usually doesn't qualify the woman as being incapacitated because getting drunk was her choice.

I am NOT saying it is OK to rape a drunk woman but I am saying she is more likely to consent if she is drunk.

But drunkenness usually doesn't qualify the woman as being incapacitated because getting drunk was her choice.

I am NOT saying it is OK to rape a drunk woman but I am saying she is more likely to consent if she is drunk.

You'd be surprised at just how wrong you might be.

If the lady is intoxicated, consent might not BE consent. In fact, "yes" might not be "yes."

A strong desire by you to get laid shouldn't lead you to put the moral of the story aside. If she means "yes," how about letting her give consent when it is legally meaningful?

If she's drunk, she isn't really giving consent. I think you're clueless about date rape. Drug-facilitated date rape is the use of drugs or alcohol to assist the attacker in a rape. The drug can be any substance that is physical or mind altering.

The typology of drug-facilitated sexual assault includes

Setting: Typology is best distinguished by the setting in which the attack takes place (e.g. Workplace Setting, Healthcare Setting or Social Setting).
Accomplices and conspiracies: There may be multiple perpetrators who conspire to commit the crime. Particularly in social settings, confirmed cases have involved male and female couple collaborators, siblings and friends.
Intrafamilial DFSA: Many intrafamilial DFSA's often go unreported. Typically there is a power differential that prevent victims from speaking out.
Male-on-male offenses: Such cases occur nearly exclusively in social or school settings. Often the crime reflects the perpetrator's conflicted feelings about private same-sex thought and desires.
Sexual deviance or sexual hunters: This group often includes those who are incompetent at finding sexual partners and those who have sexual fantasies of dominance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape

Last edited:

If the lady is intoxicated, consent might not BE consent. In fact, "yes" might not be "yes."

A strong desire by you to get laid shouldn't lead you to put the moral of the story aside. If she means "yes," how about letting her give consent when it is legally meaningful?

I agree that it is morally wrong to take advantage of a drunk woman. However, I remember reading about a case where a woman charged a guy with rape because she was drunk. She lost the case.

I agree that it is morally wrong to take advantage of a drunk woman. However, I remember reading about a case where a woman charged a guy with rape because she was drunk. She lost the case.

You remember reading? I know a court stenographer. Granted, she's a military court stenographer. But a few young men have lost their freedom for gambling on whether she was too drunk, or if no really meant no - or whatever point you are currently trying to make.

The STATE, not the victim, brings the charges. The STATE wins or loses the case (as does the defendant).

So, I have no idea what "case" you are talking about. But I'd bet it has more to do with facts and jury findings than principles of law.

If she's drunk, she isn't really giving consent. I think you're clueless about date rape.

What if she gets drunk and then demands sex from you? It happens.

If she's drunk, she isn't really giving consent. I think you're clueless about date rape.

What if she gets drunk and then demands sex from you? It happens.

You don't get it. It's possible you've participated in date rape and didn't consider it such. I can't tell. You attitude about date rape sucks.

Last edited:
Is impaired judgment a defense, counselor?

She was too drunk too consent, but the defendant was too drunk to form an intent to disregard her actual lack of consent?

I dunno.

Too many variables.

I recall a line from (I think it was Shakespeare) some play: 'alcohol doth increase the desire but decreases the performance.'

Forum List

Back