The Steele Dossier: How Does it Hold Up?

Nope. Opinions are not based on fact and hence cannot be wrong. If you cannot see that you are not worth conversing with.
image1%25283%2529_398848_resize_990__1_.JPG

https://www.bmcc.cuny.edu/lrc/studyskills/factsandopinions.pdf

"A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false.

"An opinion is an expression of a person’s feelings that cannot be proven.

"Opinions can be based on facts or emotions and sometimes they are meant to deliberately mislead others.

"Therefore, it is important to be aware of the author’s purpose and choice of language.

"Sometimes, the author lets the facts speak for themselves."

You bore me.

Nope. Opinions are not based on fact and hence cannot be wrong. If you cannot see that you are not worth conversing with.

"Opinions can be based on facts or emotions and sometimes they are meant to deliberately mislead others.

"Therefore, it is important to be aware of the author’s purpose and choice of language.

You just tossed a bucket of cold water on the debate. Lol!

By quoting other opinions? Lol

I'm beginning to think we are talking past each other, and the subject is not as black and white as I thought it was:

"The following is an example of a fact: •

"With fewer cars on the road, there would be less air pollution and traffic noise; therefore, the use of mass transportation should be encouraged. Sometimes the author may use descriptive language to appeal to your emotions and sway your thinking.

"The following is an example of an opinion: •

"Do you like looking at a smoggy view from a congested highway? How do you feel about fighting road hugs and bumper to bumper traffic everyday? Mass transportation is the solution to all these problems.

"Emotional language is neither right nor wrong, but the way in which it is used can be positive or negative; it is up to you to make reasonable judgement about the material you are reading and to draw your own conclusion."

I think Michael Jordan is the greatest hoops player ever is an opinion that cannot be proven right or wrong. Michael Jordan has 6 NBA titles is a fact. My opinion cannot be wrong on MJ. Can it? If so, please show me how. Thanks.

Opinion and they are not lies. If I say I am 6’4 but I am 6’3 it’s technically a lie but actually a fib. You are annoying. Again. Opinions cannot be wrong. What is your dog in this fight? Or do you just enjoy trolling me? Go pick a fight with someone else. Thank you. Stalker.
I don't see you giving up this by now, obviously ridiculous conversation. "Only technically lying", "opinions can't be wrong." And my bone is that you go so far in defense of your opinion that you have ventured in the realm of denying the meaning of words. Something that I find offensive because it's simply unreasonable.

For the last time. The nature of reality does not change by calling it an opinion. Every person has opinions. Some of those opinions are wrong. Those opinions were wrong before they could be proven wrong, those opinions are wrong after they are proven unsustainable. The earth didn't change from flat to round when Aristotle first observed the truth of it. It didn't change from round to flat when it was rejected in the middle ages. The opinion of it being flat or round was completely disattached from the truth of it. It was always round. The fact that for some reason, you keep on insisting that an opinion, alters the reality of true or false is simply mind boggling.

They now do it as a strategy, because the Republican party is in retreat from the "reality" you are describing. They had to adopt their own "reality" of alternative facts and opinions they deem to be the truth. Never in modern history has this party been backed into a corner as it has at this point in history. And they did it to themselves. So how do they try and stay relevant? With opinions as fact and alternative facts of course.
I've never had a problem with ideological differences. I always figured, that it would be the height of arrogance to assume that just because I held a certain opinion other peoples opinion had to be wrong. Every person does it to a certain extent, but it's almost a statistical impossibility to never be wrong. This though is something different that kind of hits me on a basic level. I try to be a rational human being. But now there's a general consensus among certain groups. That rational thinking, and irrational thinking are equal. They are not. One is based on facts, study, science or whatever rational means a person uses to establish truth. The other is based on feelings.
So now here I am arguing about whether or not opinions change if something is true or not, and it offends me.

You offend me. LOL. If 30 years ago people
Thought John Wooden was the best coach ever they were not wrong. But if they changed their opinion and now consider Coach K the best ever because they have more evidence and such they are also not wrong. Opinions can change.

You guys have really lost it.

Agree ^^^.....and they lost it when America voted Donald Trump as President!

instead of their favorite witch ....Clinton.

Since then, they have not been able to have a moment of peace.:muahaha:

Thanks GOD for President Donald Trump! :clap: :2up:
Lol..

"But...but...but... Hillary!"
Speaking of Hillary, she is known for accusing others of the things she does. So there is probably some element of truth in the Steele file.

Specifically, I think it is very likely that Putin gave her a golden shower when he took her to his personal dacha. And because she is a Democrat there was probably some shit eating going on too.

I'm beginning to think we are talking past each other, and the subject is not as black and white as I thought it was:

"With fewer cars on the road, there would be less air pollution and traffic noise; therefore, the use of mass transportation should be encouraged. Sometimes the author may use descriptive language to appeal to your emotions and sway your thinking.

"Do you like looking at a smoggy view from a congested highway? How do you feel about fighting road hugs and bumper to bumper traffic everyday? Mass transportation is the solution to all these problems.

"Emotional language is neither right nor wrong, but the way in which it is used can be positive or negative; it is up to you to make reasonable judgement about the material you are reading and to draw your own conclusion."

I think Michael Jordan is the greatest hoops player ever is an opinion that cannot be proven right or wrong. Michael Jordan has 6 NBA titles is a fact. My opinion cannot be wrong on MJ. Can it? If so, please show me how. Thanks.
Sure it can be. "Ever" is a long time. If tomorrow someone comes who scores a triple double in every game and who wins an NBA title every season, it would be wrong in every measurable way. And the opinion of Jordan being the greatest "ever" would be wrong. I see what you are getting at though. Because naming somebody the greatest ever is a subjective statement it can't be held to an objective truth in your opinion. This is untrue. Why is Jordan the greatest ever? Well, he scored a lot of points, won a lot of titles and he always seemed to deliver at important moments. All these things are objective and can be measured as such. Not only that but a lot of opinions make statements about objective facts. "The earth is flat" can be judged purely objectively for instance. Trump isn't a liar being another objectively measurable statement.

Last edited:
In the mean time, not sure who hijacked the thread so many pages back, but no one on the Right has ever mounted a challenge against the accuracy of the Steele Dossier. The parts that have been investigated that is. So far, no one has been able to prove it is a lie, or an opinion. The information, according to investigators, matches its reporting against the evidence. Which is all that matters.
Compared to the web of lies Trump has spun since becoming POTUS, Steele and Mueller have my vote.

Mueller makes rare mention of Trump dossier author

"In a document filed Friday night, Mueller’s team responded, arguing that Steele’s actions don't 'remotely compare' to the 'systematic, deceptive effort' by the allegedly Concord-backed Russian social media trolls attempting to interfere in the 2016 election.

"It's a rare allusion to Steele by Mueller's team.

"The former spy has become the subject of fierce attacks by Trump and his allies for the claims in his dossier, which Trump has rejected as fabricated.

"The dossier alleges a years-long connection between Trump and Russia, leading to a conspiracy to help Trump win the 2016 election.

"The Justice Department relied — in part — on Steele's dossier to help obtain a surveillance warrant in late 2016 on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page."

I don't see you giving up this by now, obviously ridiculous conversation. "Only technically lying", "opinions can't be wrong." And my bone is that you go so far in defense of your opinion that you have ventured in the realm of denying the meaning of words. Something that I find offensive because it's simply unreasonable.

For the last time. The nature of reality does not change by calling it an opinion. Every person has opinions. Some of those opinions are wrong. Those opinions were wrong before they could be proven wrong, those opinions are wrong after they are proven unsustainable. The earth didn't change from flat to round when Aristotle first observed the truth of it. It didn't change from round to flat when it was rejected in the middle ages. The opinion of it being flat or round was completely disattached from the truth of it. It was always round. The fact that for some reason, you keep on insisting that an opinion, alters the reality of true or false is simply mind boggling.

They now do it as a strategy, because the Republican party is in retreat from the "reality" you are describing. They had to adopt their own "reality" of alternative facts and opinions they deem to be the truth. Never in modern history has this party been backed into a corner as it has at this point in history. And they did it to themselves. So how do they try and stay relevant? With opinions as fact and alternative facts of course.
I've never had a problem with ideological differences. I always figured, that it would be the height of arrogance to assume that just because I held a certain opinion other peoples opinion had to be wrong. Every person does it to a certain extent, but it's almost a statistical impossibility to never be wrong. This though is something different that kind of hits me on a basic level. I try to be a rational human being. But now there's a general consensus among certain groups. That rational thinking, and irrational thinking are equal. They are not. One is based on facts, study, science or whatever rational means a person uses to establish truth. The other is based on feelings.
So now here I am arguing about whether or not opinions change if something is true or not, and it offends me.

You offend me. LOL. If 30 years ago people
Thought John Wooden was the best coach ever they were not wrong. But if they changed their opinion and now consider Coach K the best ever because they have more evidence and such they are also not wrong. Opinions can change.
Opinions can change. Facts don't. Opinions about facts can be judged immediately for accuracy.
I think you are wrong. You think you are right. Both are mutually exclusive opinions. One of our opinions is wrong.

Last edited:

Lol..

Speaking of Hillary, she is known for accusing others of the things she does. So there is probably some element of truth in the Steele file.

Specifically, I think it is very likely that Putin gave her a golden shower when he took her to his personal dacha. And because she is a Democrat there was probably some shit eating going on too.
Lol, that's are republican trait my friend, not democratic.

In the mean time, not sure who hijacked the thread so many pages back, but no one on the Right has ever mounted a challenge against the accuracy of the Steele Dossier. The parts that have been investigated that is. So far, no one has been able to prove it is a lie, or an opinion. The information, according to investigators, matches its reporting against the evidence. Which is all that matters.
Compared to the web of lies Trump has spun since becoming POTUS, Steele and Mueller have my vote.

"In a document filed Friday night, Mueller’s team responded, arguing that Steele’s actions don't 'remotely compare' to the 'systematic, deceptive effort' by the allegedly Concord-backed Russian social media trolls attempting to interfere in the 2016 election.

"The former spy has become the subject of fierce attacks by Trump and his allies for the claims in his dossier, which Trump has rejected as fabricated.

"The dossier alleges a years-long connection between Trump and Russia, leading to a conspiracy to help Trump win the 2016 election.

"The Justice Department relied — in part — on Steele's dossier to help obtain a surveillance warrant in late 2016 on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page."
The Dossier, without any doubt in my mind will reveal a conspiracy between Trump and Russia, and expose this illegal election for what it was when his investigation is over. There is just to much evidence pointing in that direction.

Lol..

"Things she does"? Do you have some evidence about her that we don't?

Opinions can be based on emotion or fact.
Your opinion regarding MJ is pure emotion as it is based on your personal feelings which can not be proven.
1967-Lew-Alcindor-Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-John-Wooden-NLC_04511.jpg

The Greatest.
Fact.

The Dossier, without any doubt in my mind will reveal a conspiracy between Trump and Russia, and expose this illegal election for what it was when his investigation is over. There is just to much evidence pointing in that direction.
From one year ago:

The Rosneft Commission: Trump’s Inevitable Downfall Will Involve Money, and Lots Of It..."

The Rosneft Commission: Trump’s Inevitable Downfall Will Involve Money, and Lots Of It

"THAT THERE WAS COLLUSION, in the popular if not legal use of the world, between the Trump campaign and Putin’s Russia is now impossible to deny.

"Manafort and Gates are indicted.

"Papadopoulos, the liaison between the campaign and the Russians, has been cooperating with the feds.

"Junior was on the cover of Time magazine under the headline RED HANDED.

"Flynn may be arrested before I finish typing this paragraph, Cambridge Analytica’s Robert Mercer suddenly divested his interests in Breitbart and his own hedge fund, and Sessions and Kushner both look like they’re in trouble deep, at a minimum."

Personally, I don't believe Trump expected to become POTUS. I think he was trying to burnish his brand sufficiently to lure Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity away from Fox and launch Trump TV with those three heavyweights.

There is also Rosneft and Putin and Siberian oil to consider.

From one year ago:

The Rosneft Commission: Trump’s Inevitable Downfall Will Involve Money, and Lots Of It..."

The Rosneft Commission: Trump’s Inevitable Downfall Will Involve Money, and Lots Of It

"THAT THERE WAS COLLUSION, in the popular if not legal use of the world, between the Trump campaign and Putin’s Russia is now impossible to deny.

"Papadopoulos, the liaison between the campaign and the Russians, has been cooperating with the feds.

"Flynn may be arrested before I finish typing this paragraph, Cambridge Analytica’s Robert Mercer suddenly divested his interests in Breitbart and his own hedge fund, and Sessions and Kushner both look like they’re in trouble deep, at a minimum."

Personally, I don't believe Trump expected to become POTUS. I think he was trying to burnish his brand sufficiently to lure Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity away from Fox and launch Trump TV with those three heavyweights.

I think the oil deal that has been exposed, was/is Trump's biggest prize. This segment back in early 2017, said it all for me. It's long, but boy is it worth it. Erik Prince grows Trump Russia contact list

From one year ago:

I think the oil deal that has been exposed, was/is Trump's biggest prize. This segment back in early 2017, said it all for me. It's long, but boy is it worth it. Erik Prince grows Trump Russia contact list

Prince Erik might have been happier if George III had won?
"Special counsel obtains Trump ally Erik Prince's phones, computer"

Special counsel obtains Trump ally Erik Prince's phones, computer

"Prince, America’s most famous private military contractor, acknowledged last week that he 'cooperated' with Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election after falling under scrutiny amid questions about an alleged effort to establish a backchannel between the Trump administration and the Kremlin, something Prince has vehemently denied."

From one year ago:

Prince Erik might have been happier if George III had won?
"Special counsel obtains Trump ally Erik Prince's phones, computer"

Special counsel obtains Trump ally Erik Prince's phones, computer

"Prince, America’s most famous private military contractor, acknowledged last week that he 'cooperated' with Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election after falling under scrutiny amid questions about an alleged effort to establish a backchannel between the Trump administration and the Kremlin, something Prince has vehemently denied."

Deny all he wants. But he didn't just wander over to the Seychelle's Islands for no reason.

LOL

2 years, shredded attorney client privilege.

And Mueller has got NOTHING connecting Putin to Trump

NOTHING

NOTHING

LOL

2 years, shredded attorney client privilege.

And Mueller has got NOTHING connecting Putin to Trump

NOTHING

NOTHING
The Trump Tower meeting, the Jerome Corsi email dump to Wikileaks and Gucifer 2.0, Cambridge Analytica and the stolen FB accounts that Trump paid for, and the connection between the Kremlin, Trump, Cohen, and Trump Tower Moscow. That's not nothing. That's something.

Forum List

Back