The success of ObamaCare far outweighs the setbacks

Have there been setbacks? Yes but the good far outweighs the bad. Republicans need to acknowledge this.

The long-awaited Rand Corp. study of Obamacare's effect on health insurance coverage was released Tuesday and confirmed the numbers that had been telegraphed for more than a week: At least 9.3 million more Americans have health insurance now than in September 2013, virtually all of them as a result of the law.

That's a net figure, accommodating all those who lost their individual health insurance because of cancellations. The Rand study confirms other surveys that placed the number of people who lost their old insurance and did not or could not replace it -- the focus of an enormous volume of anti-Obamacare rhetoric -- at less than 1 million. The Rand experts call this a "very small" number, less than 1% of the U.S. population age 18 to 64.
LA Times
So, you and the left are now going to demand of Obama that he fully implement the entire law, right?

Have there been setbacks? Yes but the good far outweighs the bad. Republicans need to acknowledge this.

The long-awaited Rand Corp. study of Obamacare's effect on health insurance coverage was released Tuesday and confirmed the numbers that had been telegraphed for more than a week: At least 9.3 million more Americans have health insurance now than in September 2013, virtually all of them as a result of the law.

That's a net figure, accommodating all those who lost their individual health insurance because of cancellations. The Rand study confirms other surveys that placed the number of people who lost their old insurance and did not or could not replace it -- the focus of an enormous volume of anti-Obamacare rhetoric -- at less than 1 million. The Rand experts call this a "very small" number, less than 1% of the U.S. population age 18 to 64.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79855583/

Thank u for ur reality based post...Regardless of the problems of it's roll out, the ACA makes it possible for ALL Americans to be covered for medical needs..and issues which emerge during implementation are correctable ...not any sign that it's "a disaster" or any other negative hyperbole assigned by the mindless and their fear mongers...
As Obama has repeatedly stated, "Don't let the good be the casualty of the perfect"...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

As Obama has repeatedly stated, "Don't let the good be the casualty of the perfect"...
You'll definitely want to add that saying to The Book of Barrack. Has a nice ring to it. Unfortunately many people have to suffer the realities of his decrees and edicts. We would disagree on what 'good' is.

Obamacare is a complete success. The democrats were able to force their will on the people that is always a win to democrats.

We were told that there were 46 million uninsured in America at the start. According to this thread their now should be 36 million. I know of what I see with my eyes. I know of no one who is buying Obamacare. I know I am losing my group coverage and being thrown onto Obamacare exchanges come 2015, that is fact. No subsidies for me so I am going to be forced to pay the full load or gasp get a job that has health care coverage. Of the 9.1 million who signed up how many are paying the full load? I would suspect that most are taking advantage of the subsidizes and letting someone else pay their way. Which I guess if fine if success is measured in increased costs for everyone so 3 percent of the population is covered. Increased cost for everyone is the only way people who are not paying can be put on the healthcare rolls. Is that success? Maybe.

Last edited:
Obamacare is a complete success. The democrats were able to force their will on the people that is always a win to democrats.

We were told that there were 46 million uninsured in America at the start. According to this thread their now should be 36 million. I know of what I see with my eyes. I know of no one who is buying Obamacare. I know I am losing my group coverage and being thrown onto Obamacare exchanges come 2015, that is fact. No subsidies for me so I am going to be forced to pay the full load or gasp get a job that has health care coverage. Of the 9.1 million who signed up how many are paying the full load? I would suspect that most are taking advantage of the subsidizes and letting someone else pay their way. Which I guess if fine if success is measured in increased costs for everyone so 3 percent of the population is covered. Increased cost for everyone is the only way people who are not paying can be put on the healthcare rolls. Is that success? Maybe.

Heaven forbid you have to get a job.

And you're right, if you don't know anyone who has purchased insurance through Obamacare, that must mean no one is.

I also think that many of the fanbois don't understand what the term 'high deductable' means.

If you can't even spell the word, should we assume that you don't know what it means either?

You can always look it up. You dont have to rely on board members to educate you.

The pluses of Obamacare are like asking whether you'd rather have molten lead or molten glass poured down your throat.

And you're right, if you don't know anyone who has purchased insurance through Obamacare, that must mean no one is.

Funny thing is, I did get a job paying well that offered health care as a benefit. Now granted getting a job is always and option. If you think it is for me then you certainly must for those who are taking advantage of the subsidizes. Which means they don't pay near as much. And as someone pointed out, do you understand that the premium could be 10000 a year with a 6000 dollar co-pay? Do you realize how much money that is? Do you realize how rich Obamacare is going to make insurance companies, health care providers, and hospitals? And how much poorer it will make the rest of us. My suggestion, next thread on income inequality you can point out Obamacare.

BTW the new job I got the health care plan doesn't meet Obamacare requirements so once again forced onto Obamacare.

How many do you know that have actually signed up? How many of them don't receive subsidizes?

Last edited:
I also think that many of the fanbois don't understand what the term 'high deductable' means.

If you can't even spell the word, should we assume that you don't know what it means either?

You can always look it up. You dont have to rely on board members to educate you.

The pluses of Obamacare are like asking whether you'd rather have molten lead or molten glass poured down your throat.

Right, he could have looked up the spelling of the word, or even just used spell checker.

But nah, he's a proud patriot.

Funny thing is, I did get a job paying well that offered health care as a benefit. Now granted getting a job is always and option. If you think it is for me then you certainly must for those who are taking advantage of the subsidizes. Which means they don't pay near as much. And as someone pointed out, do you understand that the premium could be 10000 a year with a 6000 dollar co-pay? Do you realize how much money that is? Do you realize how rich Obamacare is going to make insurance companies, health care providers, and hospitals? And how much poorer it will make the rest of us. My suggestion, next thread on income inequality you can point out Obamacare.

BTW the new job I got the health care plan doesn't meet Obamacare requirements so once again forced onto Obamacare.

How many do you know that have actually signed up? How many of them don't receive subsidizes?

Yes I do. Which is why this law is flawed. I assume then you must support a system that doesn't put so much power in to the hands of insurance companies? I do. Let's band together to support a single payer system or at least a solid public option.

Democrats want to think that because people signed up for obamacare they are happy with it. People signed up because they were facing a punishment if they did not. With the gun to their head, they signed. Under duress. This doesn't mean they wanted it. It doesn't mean that since they have it they are happy with it.

We will know in November how happy people are with obamacare.

At best Obamacare has been a wash or slightly better than one and the whole thing has not been fully implemented yet and won't be till 2016 so we won't know its full impact till Obama is on his way out the door which I suspect is by design.

No it is absolutely nothing like that...

Yeah it is. You can't sit there and praise the law for it's strengths without acknowledging its weaknesses; glaring ones at that.

For those who lost their plans, just how well is the law working for them? Do the benefits outweigh the risks? Well, if you have any benefits, that is.

Um no, I did acknowledge the weaknesses. It is such simple minded thinking to suggest that just because a law is imperfect that somehow means the whole thing is a bust.

Thats their dodge for everything.

Yes I do. Which is why this law is flawed. I assume then you must support a system that doesn't put so much power in to the hands of insurance companies? I do. Let's band together to support a single payer system or at least a solid public option.
You must be a special kind of stupid to think the solution to a government fuck up is more government.

Right, he could have looked up the spelling of the word, or even just used spell checker.

But nah, he's a proud patriot.

He knew what the word meant. You, not so much.

You must be a special kind of stupid to think the solution to a government fuck up is more government.

If by special kind of stupid, you mean someone who deals in reality and looks at the facts, then yes I'm special.

If by special kind of stupid, you mean someone who deals in reality and looks at the facts, then yes I'm special.

And the facts are that handing more power to a government that has already demonstrated incompetence is the an act of folly.
Right?

Democrats want to think that because people signed up for obamacare they are happy with it. People signed up because they were facing a punishment if they did not. With the gun to their head, they signed. Under duress. This doesn't mean they wanted it. It doesn't mean that since they have it they are happy with it.

We will know in November how happy people are with obamacare.

More then likely they signed up because they will receive subsidizes.

And the facts are that handing more power to a government that has already demonstrated incompetence is the an act of folly.
Right?

If you replace 'government' with 'insurance companies' in your statement above it might have actually been the smartest thing you've said on this site in a long time.

So close!

Forum List

Back