The tax bill....and education.

Vendetta? Would democrats rather have the status quo of a Hussein stagnant economy rather than risk some teachers having to buy ...gasp...the same supplies that soccer moms have to shell out for? Democrats see everything through the eyes of incoherent borderline crazy idiots who are still angry about last year's election. Freaking grow up and join the human race.

Well the unions could help supply those that they claim to represent as they can offer millions in donations to the far left. Just think if the unions actually took all that money and put into the teachers and school system that give them all their money.

Why should the government have to do it, since the tax exempt corporations (known as unions), has the money to do it?
The unions have nothing to do with it. Pull yourself away from trolling and think.

Is this taxing of tuition waivers good?

Silly far left drone, unions have everything to do with it, stop your trolling and realize there are already several threads on this. This thread is about you and your ego and nothing else.

If the unions would give the money back to the community, would there even be a need to raise taxes?

Silly far left drone troll!

Try to discuss the topic Kosh and stop trolling. I am serious.

Yes question the great coyote is trolling and calling you what you are, a far left drone is a fact!

Your whole thread is trolling as it is not base don any fact.

Now troll answer my question

If the unions would give the money back to the community, would there even be a need to raise taxes?

Silly far left drone, unions have everything to do with it, stop your trolling and realize there are already several threads on this. This thread is about you and your ego and nothing else.

Silly far left drone troll!

THAT'S IT...........its ALL the unions' fault........LOL

They certainly do not help the problem, do they far left drone?

They take much of that tax payer money they get and give to far left politicians.

If the unions gave that money to the committee, would there need to be a need to raise taxes?

The bill is based on An economic theory that has never worked as promised. It’s like communism...looks good theory but sucks in reality.

More to the point though...consider this. Jobs.

More to the point, the kind of jobs we want to attract...that we hope these investors will theoretically bring with their massive cuts.

Jobs that require education, in particular higher education. Cutting edge high tech, sciences, medicine...jobs that pay well and make us national leaders.

But what is in the bill? A Republican inspired wet dream of educational vendettas. Teachers can no longer claim tax breaks for supplies they buy. Students can no longer deduct student loan interest. And the most mean spirited, taxing tuition waivers.

Tuition waivers are designed to attract and help fund quality students on higher degrees (MA, MS, PHD)They cover some of the cost of tuition reducing the need for loans. Students work and receive a small stipend as income. That along with loans pays for fees, books and other non covered costs as well as rent and living expenses. The stipend is taxed. The tuition waiver is a grant they never see as income.

In more expensive institutions, tuition alone can be as much as $50,000 per term and the associated stipend around $ 30,000. This means those students are going to have to pay tax on 80,000 worth of income while living on a far smaller stipend. State U’s cost less. The one I work for is 12,000 to 17,000 per semester for tuition. Stipends are correspondingly lower, around 14,600 for a doctoral, less for a masters. Do the math, many students are not going to be able to pay this.

So what is going to happen? A less qualified American work force losing out to foreign workers? Or, more likely are we just going to see a proliferation of low skill low pay jobs in the service sector? We don’t need more of those and you already look down your nose at those workers.

What is our workforce going to look like and where will we be in terms of scientific invitation?

This is not surprising to find in the bill...it’s a reflection of an ongoing right wing attack on higher education. Students aren’t like wealthy donors, their political clout is relatively small. But they are our country’s future. They become wealthy donors. THEY will be the ones facing the massive deficit and they will be the ones paying for our care down the road. Kind of sounds like we are fucking them over in this bill.

I do not want that future to mirror idiocracy.
It's my money. You're not entitled to it.

I do not want that future to mirror idiocracy

Well you keep proving that you are a far left drone that does not understand anything beyond far left religious dogma.

But since there are already several threads (8 at least) on this I will say it again here.

The house passed a bill and the senate passed a similar bill and the two have to go into conference to work out all the details.

Nothing is final and any speculation is not based on any bill that is being worked on or passed as of yet!

So once again the far left proves they do not understand how the government works.

Proof the far left should never be in charge of anything!

I do not recall you telling this to all your fellow Trump lemmings that are cheering his amazing victory. I think you really should not be calling anyone a drone unless you are looking in the mirror

Well you keep proving that you are a far left drone that does not understand anything beyond far left religious dogma.

But since there are already several threads (8 at least) on this I will say it again here.

The house passed a bill and the senate passed a similar bill and the two have to go into conference to work out all the details.

Nothing is final and any speculation is not based on any bill that is being worked on or passed as of yet!

So once again the far left proves they do not understand how the government works.

I do not recall you telling this to all your fellow Trump lemmings that are cheering his amazing victory. I think you really should not be calling anyone a drone unless you are looking in the mirror

So you see there you go again running the far left debunked religious dogma.

I am against the far left, that should be obvious to anyone.

So be careful when you use far left debunked narratives when you post!

Education should be one of our top priorities, if not top priority, but for some reason I never hear a thing about it. Dems pretend to care, but don't, and cons don't even pretend ...Hmm ...

A bad bill, yet most the bills coming out of the senate are, just hope its only half as bad as it looks. we wont really no until after 2020, slick move on there part. we will see if it works.

What the hell are you talking about? what "left debunked religious dogma" are you accusing me of passing? You mean me pointing out there are like a dozen threads on this forum alone talking about the great "win" for Trump last night?

I would prefer just a plain flat tax with no deductions and be done with it. Then you literally can just do your taxes on a post card. The only reason we have all these deductions is to cater to special interest groups. Everyone should just be treated the same.

I would prefer just a plain flat tax with no deductions and be done with it. Then you literally can just do your taxes on a post card. The only reason we have all these deductions is to cater to special interest groups. Everyone should just be treated the same.

Probably the only kind of tax plan that would get 0 votes. Both parties love special interest groups and hate a fair and level playing field.

I am with you on this. But we also have all these deductions because the government used the tax code for social engineering. Want people to have more kids, give them tax credit. Want people to buy more homes, give them mortgage deductions. The list is long of this stuff.

A bad bill, yet most the bills coming out of the senate are, just hope its only half as bad as it looks. we wont really no until after 2020, slick move on there part. we will see if it works.

It'll only take a couple of days to pick through it nice and good to find the worst of it.

blah blah blah blah blah...

They added over a trillion dollars in debt. Who do you think is gonna flip it and monetize it?

Just stop. You've been trolling for two straight days with this stuff. All you did here is spin what I said. Go color.

They added over a trillion dollars in debt.

And we've seen there is no demand for safe US Treasuries. DERP!

Who do you think is gonna flip it and monetize it?

You think the Fed is going to/needs to buy more debt? LOL!
They're getting ready to reduce their balance sheet.
They aren't going to expand it.

Get a clue.

What the hell are you talking about? what "left debunked religious dogma" are you accusing me of passing? You mean me pointing out there are like a dozen threads on this forum alone talking about the great "win" for Trump last night?

The OP of this thread is a perfect example of what you ask.

The law is not even in the final stages and they are saying that it will cut this and hurt that, neither parts have come together to put a tax reform plan in a final format.

Most of this speculation is based on debunked far left religious narratives not based in reality.

And since the far left does not want to participate unless they get DACA included into a tax reform bill, they have no real say on this away. Why criticize something that you do not want to take part in?

The only reason Obamacare passed was because it happened after the mid term and those that got voted out of office turn on their constituents and voted for the bill.

They have been absent on most of the bills. If it was just one or two, that would be ok and understandable. But to not take part in most things because you are upset that you are in minority, is just plain silly.

They did this under Bush as well. They think if they do nothing they will regain power. The reason why it work for the republicans is because Obamacare did hurt a lot of people. The far left still does not understand why the lost so many seats in 2010. Obama was so popular that the far left lost about 1000 all over the country. They should take that as a hint, but they do not.

Just like the OP is a falsehood as this is not a tax plan, it is tax reform.

The law is not even in the final stages and they are saying that it will cut this and hurt that, neither parts have come together to put a tax reform plan in a final format.

Most of this speculation is based on debunked far left religious narratives not based in reality.

And since the far left does not want to participate unless they get DACA included into a tax reform bill, they have no real say on this away. Why criticize something that you do not want to take part in?

The only reason Obamacare passed was because it happened after the mid term and those that got voted out of office turn on their constituents and voted for the bill.

They have been absent on most of the bills. If it was just one or two, that would be ok and understandable. But to not take part in most things because you are upset that you are in minority, is just plain silly.

They did this under Bush as well. They think if they do nothing they will regain power. The reason why it work for the republicans is because Obamacare did hurt a lot of people. The far left still does not understand why the lost so many seats in 2010. Obama was so popular that the far left lost about 1000 all over the country. They should take that as a hint, but they do not.

Dude, have you been drinking? You are making zero sense here, I mean like none at all.

Dude, have you been drinking? You are making zero sense here, I mean like none at all.

Yes most far left drone's see the truth as not making sense!

Just point out facts of history and pointing out the OP is a far left drone, just like your hatred of Trump has turned you into one.

So be careful when posting the debunked religious narratives like the OP

Just like when I point if unions would give back to the communities, would we need to raise taxes for schools?

The bill is based on An economic theory that has never worked as promised. It’s like communism...looks good theory but sucks in reality.

More to the point though...consider this. Jobs.

More to the point, the kind of jobs we want to attract...that we hope these investors will theoretically bring with their massive cuts.

Jobs that require education, in particular higher education. Cutting edge high tech, sciences, medicine...jobs that pay well and make us national leaders.

But what is in the bill? A Republican inspired wet dream of educational vendettas. Teachers can no longer claim tax breaks for supplies they buy. Students can no longer deduct student loan interest. And the most mean spirited, taxing tuition waivers.

Tuition waivers are designed to attract and help fund quality students on higher degrees (MA, MS, PHD)They cover some of the cost of tuition reducing the need for loans. Students work and receive a small stipend as income. That along with loans pays for fees, books and other non covered costs as well as rent and living expenses. The stipend is taxed. The tuition waiver is a grant they never see as income.

In more expensive institutions, tuition alone can be as much as $50,000 per term and the associated stipend around $ 30,000. This means those students are going to have to pay tax on 80,000 worth of income while living on a far smaller stipend. State U’s cost less. The one I work for is 12,000 to 17,000 per semester for tuition. Stipends are correspondingly lower, around 14,600 for a doctoral, less for a masters. Do the math, many students are not going to be able to pay this.

So what is going to happen? A less qualified American work force losing out to foreign workers? Or, more likely are we just going to see a proliferation of low skill low pay jobs in the service sector? We don’t need more of those and you already look down your nose at those workers.

What is our workforce going to look like and where will we be in terms of scientific invitation?

This is not surprising to find in the bill...it’s a reflection of an ongoing right wing attack on higher education. Students aren’t like wealthy donors, their political clout is relatively small. But they are our country’s future. They become wealthy donors. THEY will be the ones facing the massive deficit and they will be the ones paying for our care down the road. Kind of sounds like we are fucking them over in this bill.

I do not want that future to mirror idiocracy.

It already does. Education in this country is a dismal failure. Students would do better to forego college and learn a trade.

So...we lose our tech and science edge? All those businesses will go to where there is a highly educated workforce.

As a side note, college isn’t for everyone, and we need to invest in trade schools and similar as well in order to equip our people for jobs but we should not cut our noses off to spite our face in the process by curtailing the ability of students to pursue the sciences, tech, medicine etc.

Not all students, of course.

Forum List

Back