The tax bill....and education.

I would prefer just a plain flat tax with no deductions and be done with it. Then you literally can just do your taxes on a post card. The only reason we have all these deductions is to cater to special interest groups. Everyone should just be treated the same.

I prefer a progressive tax - because a flat tax doesn't in practice treat everyone the same.

You can have a flat tax that's progressive.

For example

0$ - $50k Tax rate = 0%
$50k - $100k Tax rate = 12%

And so on

Maybe I'm confused then...you mean a tax with no deductions, loopholes etc?

You are very wrong, (just like you drones are wrong 99.9% of the time) as you were running a debunked far left narrative.

Yes there are many loopholes and exemptions that are being eliminated, but your far left religious sites will not tell you that!

However you do not bother to do any real research and just hoped on the debunked far left religous narrative train!

It is a tax reform bill!

Sure LOOKS like a tax cut considering the portions that affect the middle class sunset.

And that is another far left religious narrative that has been debunked!

Ok far left drone troll post from the actual bill that raises taxes on the middle class as the far left narrative claims.

[Q

I'm not lying.

If teachers can still deduct, then good, I was wrong.

Stop being a filthy asshole. Stop being a filthy ass welfare queen (to use your own terms).

No one is subsidizing students least of all you.

I'm sure you have your deductions intact.

Most of you Moon Bats are confused most of the time and that is why you are wrong.

Stop listening to fake news, It just makes you even more stupid,

Like most Americans I will come up paying less taxes in this bill. That is a good thing.

So you see there you go again running the far left debunked religious dogma.

I am against the far left, that should be obvious to anyone.

So be careful when you use far left debunked narratives when you post!

What the hell are you talking about? what "left debunked religious dogma" are you accusing me of passing? You mean me pointing out there are like a dozen threads on this forum alone talking about the great "win" for Trump last night?

The OP of this thread is a perfect example of what you ask.

The law is not even in the final stages and they are saying that it will cut this and hurt that, neither parts have come together to put a tax reform plan in a final format.

Most of this speculation is based on debunked far left religious narratives not based in reality.

And since the far left does not want to participate unless they get DACA included into a tax reform bill, they have no real say on this away. Why criticize something that you do not want to take part in?

The only reason Obamacare passed was because it happened after the mid term and those that got voted out of office turn on their constituents and voted for the bill.

They have been absent on most of the bills. If it was just one or two, that would be ok and understandable. But to not take part in most things because you are upset that you are in minority, is just plain silly.

They did this under Bush as well. They think if they do nothing they will regain power. The reason why it work for the republicans is because Obamacare did hurt a lot of people. The far left still does not understand why the lost so many seats in 2010. Obama was so popular that the far left lost about 1000 all over the country. They should take that as a hint, but they do not.

Just like the OP is a falsehood as this is not a tax plan, it is tax reform.

Dude, have you been drinking? You are making zero sense here, I mean like none at all.

Yes most far left drone's see the truth as not making sense!

Just point out facts of history and pointing out the OP is a far left drone, just like your hatred of Trump has turned you into one.

So be careful when posting the debunked religious narratives like the OP

Just like when I point if unions would give back to the communities, would we need to raise taxes for schools?

Dude, you really should not post when you are drunk, it makes you look even stupider than normal, and that is saying a lot.

I asked you a simple question that had no "left" or "right" to it and you go off on an hour long tirade about the left. I mean it is funny as hell to what you implode, but I am really starting to feel sorry for you.

See how posting facts will make the far left implode?

So you have anything to support the OP? Can you post from the actual bill that proves the OP?

[Q

I'm not lying.

Stop being a filthy asshole. Stop being a filthy ass welfare queen (to use your own terms).

Most of you Moon Bats are confused most of the time and that is why you are wrong.

Like most Americans I will come up paying less taxes in this bill. That is a good thing.

I was actually hoping you would respond to the topic. Alas, no.

Kosh, what are you talking about? You make shit up all the time. That's pretty much all you do.

Says the far left drone!

Do you have proof from the actual bill; that does what the OP claims?

Don't have a dog in this fight. Just dropped in to point out that you're still a broken record.

So you admit to being a far left drone troll like the OP, surprise!

Yes you do, you are a known far left drone and can not support the OP by posting from the actual bill.

But I do not expect any of you far left drones to post any facts, just debunked far left religious dogma.

So you have anything that backs up the OP or not?

[Q

I'm not lying.

That you are a far left drone troll, that response is clear, that is a yes!

We are still waiting for your proof of your comments!

The House tax bill repeals the tax deduction for student loan interest and taxes tuition waivers.

That passed.

The Senate bill does not.

They have to be reconciled but as it stands now - this is what is in the bills.

[Q

I'm not lying.

[Q

I'm not lying.

The proof is in the bills. I am not doing your research for you troll.

The House tax bill repeals the tax deduction for student loan interest and taxes tuition waivers.

That passed.

and taxes tuition waivers.

That's awful!
Maybe the universities could pay the taxes for those students?

That passed.

Not until you show the proof!

But this post contradicts your OP, but often far left drones will wind up contradicting themselves.

That passed.

But this post contradicts your OP, but often far left drones will wind up contradicting themselves.

How?

[Q

I'm not lying.

[Q

I'm not lying.

The proof is in the bills. I am not doing your research for you troll.

No far left drone troll it is up to you to provide proof of your claims.

That is why you fail!

If you can not you are just trolling!

Kosh, what are you talking about? You make shit up all the time. That's pretty much all you do.

Says the far left drone!

Don't have a dog in this fight. Just dropped in to point out that you're still a broken record.

Yes you do, you are a known far left drone and can not support the OP by posting from the actual bill.

But I do not expect any of you far left drones to post any facts, just debunked far left religious dogma.

I am genuinely curious as to whether or not you're actually a robot programmed by Steve Bannon.

Says the far left drone!

I am genuinely curious as to whether or not you're actually a robot programmed by Steve Bannon.

Says the far left drone troll programmed by their white far left religious masters!

Can you back up the OP or not?

That passed.

How?

Easy you assumed the "bill" (which has not been written yet) will not allow these deductions.

So once again you contradict yourself before a bill is even written.

But you have yet to provide proof to any of your comments..

That passed.

How?

Easy you assumed the "bill" (which has not been written yet) will not allow these deductions.

Two bills have been written and passed.

That passed.

How?

Two bills have been written and passed.

Yes the content of those bills which your debunked far left narrative is base on is the bases, not that bills have been passed.

So post the proof of your comments or you are just trolling like always!

The bill is based on An economic theory that has never worked as promised. It’s like communism...looks good theory but sucks in reality.

More to the point though...consider this. Jobs.

More to the point, the kind of jobs we want to attract...that we hope these investors will theoretically bring with their massive cuts.

Jobs that require education, in particular higher education. Cutting edge high tech, sciences, medicine...jobs that pay well and make us national leaders.

But what is in the bill? A Republican inspired wet dream of educational vendettas. Teachers can no longer claim tax breaks for supplies they buy. Students can no longer deduct student loan interest. And the most mean spirited, taxing tuition waivers.

Tuition waivers are designed to attract and help fund quality students on higher degrees (MA, MS, PHD)They cover some of the cost of tuition reducing the need for loans. Students work and receive a small stipend as income. That along with loans pays for fees, books and other non covered costs as well as rent and living expenses. The stipend is taxed. The tuition waiver is a grant they never see as income.

In more expensive institutions, tuition alone can be as much as $50,000 per term and the associated stipend around $ 30,000. This means those students are going to have to pay tax on 80,000 worth of income while living on a far smaller stipend. State U’s cost less. The one I work for is 12,000 to 17,000 per semester for tuition. Stipends are correspondingly lower, around 14,600 for a doctoral, less for a masters. Do the math, many students are not going to be able to pay this.

So what is going to happen? A less qualified American work force losing out to foreign workers? Or, more likely are we just going to see a proliferation of low skill low pay jobs in the service sector? We don’t need more of those and you already look down your nose at those workers.

What is our workforce going to look like and where will we be in terms of scientific invitation?

This is not surprising to find in the bill...it’s a reflection of an ongoing right wing attack on higher education. Students aren’t like wealthy donors, their political clout is relatively small. But they are our country’s future. They become wealthy donors. THEY will be the ones facing the massive deficit and they will be the ones paying for our care down the road. Kind of sounds like we are fucking them over in this bill.

I do not want that future to mirror idiocracy.

A Government should not be stealing peoples money via taxes, if the money belongs to the people they should be allowed to keep as much of their own money as possible ie. 90%. Also all Inheritance Tax should be stopped, Leftists love the Inheritance Tax in all Western nations because Leftists hate people who have wealth and they want to Redistribute The Wealth etc.

It's also not a Governments job to fund education, if someone wants an education they should pay for it.

A Government does not create jobs, businesses create jobs and the best way to get businesses creating more jobs is to give both small businesses and medium sized businesses tax cuts and also tax incentives for them to add to their workforce.

A Government should only be responsible for Defence of nation both internally and externally including especially protecting the borders, Justice to protect the nations citizens and the most basic Social spending that only is designed to protect a nations most vulnerable citizens ie. the elderly and ONLY the disabled who are NOT physically capable of working, if you have a mental health issue but are physically okay then take your meds and get off your buttocks and get a job even if it's cleaning toilets or answering the phone in a call centre.

Forum List

Back