The Terrible Truth About Cannabis:...20-year Study...demolishes Claims That Smoking Pot Is Harmless

Chewing gum ban in Singapore - Wikipedia

I am up for better ideas but I am also insulted that people think it is not a more serious offense to drive high when my kids and I are out and about.

Sorry, but I'm not going to take the bait of "appeal to emotion." I'm a father with a young child, too, but I'm also not going to let my fear override common sense to dictate policy.

If we want to empty the jails of every non-violent drug offender in the United States, then we can talk about mandatory jail time for a first-offense DUI. Until then, I think that kind of sentencing is just going to create more poverty and over-crowding of jails. I've been a criminal defense attorney and I've handled many DUI cases. In Oregon, on your first DUI, there's a diversion program that allows people to seek treatment, it suspends their license, it costs thousands for the offender (many of whom provide a financial statement and prove they can't pay it all), and it has them walking on eggshells for at least 1 year to avoid a default of the diversion. For the VAST majority of the population, that's a deterrent to drive drunk.

That being said we also should stop blanketly assuming that marijuana impairs the ability to function a car on any level close to what alcohol does (spoiler alert: It doesn't). The biggest problem with Marijuana is that there is not enough science out there about its effects on people. And that's a result of prohibition.

The only response to the drug addict is to let them quietly die. Don't bother calling 911, don't offer cpr. Just quietly back off until you are sure they are no longer breathing.
If you applied for a sensitive job which called for a personality evaluation and the psychologist asked you to explain your exceptional hostility toward marijuana users and recreational substances in general, how would you account for your extraordinary position?

Are you aware that most of the things you say here are distinctly abnormal?
I would say that my 35 years as an attorney especially in criminal and then family law has put me in contact with literally thousands of users over the years. I have, unfortunately, had to witness pot devastation among my personal acquaintences.

If that's not good enough, I never wanted to work for an addict (again) anyway.

Jesus Christ, you're an attorney? Tell me law school and your experience taught you to research better than this. I've been a lawyer for 11 years, and I can tell you that there's zero excuse for your level of ignorance and simplifying of a very complicated issue.

I'm guessing as a criminal attorney you were a DA? Those tend to be the biggest closed-minded assholes.
her stories are legendary....

So if I smoke once a month, imma gonna go crazy?
tipsy will say you are an addict.....

Indeed, and the proper way to handle insidious potheads is to wait for them to die.

66611668.jpg

Duh, lighting anything on fire and then inhaling the smoke is not good for you, I don't care what it is.

And yes, alcohol is just as damaging as drugs. There fore, we should obviously legalize drugs so the we have more ways to fuck ourselves up.

Duh, lighting anything on fire and then inhaling the smoke is not good for you, I don't care what it is.
Of course that is true. But you should know smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana, nor is it the best way. As the effects of legalization progress we will be seeing more and more edible cannabis products and less smoking implements and there soon will be education on the best way to produce edibles and to properly ingest them.

The only reason these beneficial advantages have not already emerged is the increasingly irrational prohibition imposed on marijuana in 1937. It creates widespread ignorance about the means of proper usage, forcing users to employ the most expedient means of ingestion which is to roll a cigarette and smoke it -- which is the most potentially harmful, least beneficial and least pleasurable way.

And yes, alcohol is just as damaging as drugs. Therefore, we should obviously legalize drugs so the we have more ways to fuck ourselves up.
If you use marijuana properly it will not fuck you up. It will give you pleasure and it could very possibly impart the medically beneficial effects it is capable of, such as prevention of certain types of cancer (Google up Israel's research on the medical benefits of marijuana).

The Medical Minute: Israeli Study Finds Anti-Cancer Potential in Cannabis | Leafly

Last edited:
Of course that is true. But you should know smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana, nor is it the best way. As the effects of legalization progress we will be seeing more and more edible cannabis products and less smoking implements and there soon will be education on the best way to produce edibles and to properly ingest them.

The only reason these beneficial advantages have not already emerged is the increasingly irrational prohibition imposed on marijuana in 1937. It creates widespread ignorance about the means of proper usage, forcing users to employ the most expedient means of ingestion which is to roll a cigarette and smoke it -- which is the most potentially harmful, least beneficial and least pleasurable way.

And yes, alcohol is just as damaging as drugs. Therefore, we should obviously legalize drugs so the we have more ways to fuck ourselves up.
If you use marijuana properly it will not fuck you up. It will give you pleasure and it could very possibly impart the medically beneficial effects it is capable of, such as prevention of certain types of cancer (Google up Israel's research on the medical benefits of marijuana).

The Medical Minute: Israeli Study Finds Anti-Cancer Potential in Cannabis | Leafly

I don't doubt anything you said. The question we should be asking ourselves is why do we spend so much time consuming things like alcohol and drugs? Are our lives so shitty that we have to spend so much time escaping it or whatever we are doing? I used to have to drink every time I went out, now I don't most of the time. At all. And I enjoy myself just as much. Our society however seems to revolve around it.

I get the medical part, and have no doubt that the pharmaceutical industry does their best to suppress that, but that is a totally different discussion.

Let's ban alcohol. What do you think?

OK by me!
It's amazing how Leftists keep proposing banning alcohol if they can't have their pot. The funny thing is, our response is always the same because most of the alcoholics are leftists anyway.

If consistency is what they want, I'm all for banning booze.

But consistency isn't what they want. They just want their fix.

I don't doubt anything you said. The question we should be asking ourselves is why do we spend so much time consuming things like alcohol and drugs? Are our lives so shitty that we have to spend so much time escaping it or whatever we are doing?
If one uses marijuana, alcohol or any other mood-altering substance as a means of escaping from the negative quality of one's life, one obviously has a problem. If the substance of choice is alcohol the problem can be seriously compounded.

If marijuana had not been prohibited it is likely you would not have chosen alcohol as a recreational diversion -- which is why the liquor industry spends a lot of money on anti-marijuana lobbying.

It's amazing how Leftists keep proposing banning alcohol if they can't have their pot. The funny thing is, our response is always the same because most of the alcoholics are leftists anyway.
With the exception of the occasional leftover prohibitionist I can't recall anyone, "leftist" or otherwise, calling for the banning of alcohol -- whether stupidly or spitefully.

OK by me!

Leftists keep proposing banning alcohol if they can't have their pot
i hope you aint one of them dummies that think only lefties smoke the stuff....
most of the alcoholics are leftists anyway.
thats pretty laughable.....give a percentage....

With the exception of the occasional leftover prohibitionist I can't recall anyone, "leftist" or otherwise, calling for the banning of alcohol -- whether stupidly or spitefully.
Are you kidding? I see you potheads doing it all the time and I just responded to a post of one. The moment I mention that pot should remain illegal, it's the first thing out of your stupid pothead mouths.

"I can't recall" is precisely the problem. Get off the drugs and your memory will improve.

OK by me!

Yes, drug abuse is pretty much a Leftist thing. It's why your critical thinking process is stunted and you push for idiotic policies, unable to think things through. Venezuela is full of potheads and they elected a communist government and are now paying a hefty price as their entire economy crashed and they are starving in the streets. That's what potheads do.

OK by me!

Yes, drug abuse is pretty much a Leftist thing. It's why your critical thinking process is stunted and you push for idiotic policies, unable to think things through. Venezuela is full of potheads and they elected a communist government and are now paying a hefty price as their entire economy crashed and they are starving in the streets. That's what potheads do.
you and tipsy are 2 of the most clueless people about drugs i have ever run into....instead of just talk why dont you prove what you are saying?.....

Legalize, regulate, and tax ALL drugs.

I propose

Background checks and 7 day waiting lists before you can purchase.
Taxes so high that basically no one can afford to purchase
If you purchase, use, or sell drugs you must register with the government
NO open carry of drugs

Lets start there

The black market would have a field day.

Forum List

Back