The things we could do, if only...

Well that cant happen because of Citizens United. As long as they can throw money in they will continue to get special favors.

btw...I said that not about you but some of the other creeps here who are more skilled at name calling than making points

Right, because before CU there were no lobbyists right? There were? In the whitehouse even? Even after the moonbat messiah swore there wouldn't be any?

Idiot.

Right, because before CU there were no lobbyists right? There were? In the whitehouse even? Even after the moonbat messiah swore there wouldn't be any?

Idiot.

Without CU - ONLY the leftist press has a voice. Might as well have MSNBC appoint the president and congress - which is what fascist thugs like CC dream of.

Idiot.

Without CU - ONLY the leftist press has a voice. Might as well have MSNBC appoint the president and congress - which is what fascist thugs like CC dream of.

Don't forget the unions...

Amazing how much influence they lost in the last couple years.

Well that cant happen because of Citizens United. As long as they can throw money in they will continue to get special favors.

Do you see any value in limiting their ability to offer the special favors in the first place? Because in my view, that's the core of the problem. Even if we eliminate the ability of corporations to make direct cash donations, there are plenty of other ways to influence lawmakers. And as long as Congress has the power to reward and penalize us via the tax code, lobbyists will use whatever influence they can muster to steer things their way. Whether the 'currency' they use is cash, or takes other forms, seem irrelevant to me.

btw...I said that not about you but some of the other creeps here who are more skilled at name calling than making points

Fair enough. Let's just ignore them, eh?

Last edited:
182928_569656383057189_131658319_n.png

if Apple paid their fair share in taxes, we could have used that money to send 1 million kids to Head Start. Sending 1 million kids to Head Start could have a social benefit of more than $81 billion.

^ Why Redistribution come with a 100% Guaranteed Fail

100% and they've never had anyone ask for a refund

Democrat Redistribution, it fails 100%. Guaranteed!

No money back either, Dems keep it

THE US RUNS WELL OVER A 1 TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT. AN EXTRA BILLION, 20 OE EVEN 100 BILLION WOULD NOT ALLOW THE GOVERNMENT TO "INVEST" IN ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTINUING TO RUN MASSIVE DEFICITS.

How did the OP come up with the logic that "if only Apple [aid more in taxes we could fund something" when reality is it wouldn't even cover a % of the annual deficit we currently run "funding things."

Do you see any value in limiting their ability to offer the special favors in the first place? Because in my view, that's the core of the problem. Even if we eliminate the ability of corporations to make direct cash donations, there are plenty of other ways to influence lawmakers. And as long as Congress has the power to reward and penalize us via the tax code, lobbyists will use whatever influence they can muster to steer things their way. Whether the 'currency' they use is cash, or takes other forms, seem irrelevant to me.

Fair enough. Let's just ignore them, eh?

Yes, quid pro quo is almost never handing over a bag of money for exchange of something. They are too smart now. I don't know if there is one concrete answer

THE US RUNS WELL OVER A 1 TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT. AN EXTRA BILLION, 20 OE EVEN 100 BILLION WOULD NOT ALLOW THE GOVERNMENT TO "INVEST" IN ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTINUING TO RUN MASSIVE DEFICITS.

How did the OP come up with the logic that "if only Apple [aid more in taxes we could fund something" when reality is it wouldn't even cover a % of the annual deficit we currently run "funding things."

You're right, a hole isn't filled with one shovelful at a time. The only way to do it is all at once or it wont ever ever work. - said no one ever

Nothing like yet another Senate committee circle jerk to show the low information crowd at home how hard they're working. And for sure those solid Dim base members will never put 2 and 2 together, connect dots, etc., and noodle out it's the Congress that writes the tax laws and Apple isn't violating any of them. They're obeying the law and in doing so keeping billions of dollars they earned out of the greedy hands of the lib pols, for which I'd say they deserve a medal.

Only in Comb-over Carl Levin's petite brain could a completely irresponsible government, that spends a trillion dollars a year more than its incoming tax revenue, escape the blame for such insanity in favor instead of trashing one of the finest companies in the history of American and international businesses.

I'm not a big Savage fan but the title of one of his books is spot-on. Liberalism really is a mental disorder!

Last edited:
Nothing like yet another Senate committee circle jerk to show the low information crowd at home how hard they're working. And for sure those solid Dim base members will never put 2 and 2 together, connect dots, etc., and noodle out it's the Congress that writes the tax laws and Apple isn't violating any of them. They're obeying the law and in doing so keeping billions of dollars they earned out of the greedy hands of the lib pols, for which I'd say they deserve a medal.

Only in Comb-over Carl Levin's petite brain could a completely irresponsible government, that spends a trillion dollars a year more than its incoming tax revenue, escape the blame for such insanity in favor instead trashing one of the finest companies in the history of American and international businesses.

I'm not a big Savage fan but the title of one of his books is spot-on. Liberalism really is a mental disorder!

If there is a funny part, the main cluster of the LIV's aren't even paying attention. The apparatchik are regurgitating their talking points of course but they're too stupid to comprehend anything anyway.

This is me laughing at republicans who think you cannot take issue with something that is allowed by law. This is me laughing at the next "medical mary jane" rant or another "IRS official pleads the fifth" thread which are both legal and hated

You're right, a hole isn't filled with one shovelful at a time. The only way to do it is all at once or it wont ever ever work. - said no one ever

So your answer is to make that hole deeper??????????????? ARE YOU FOR REALZ LOLOLOLZ?

I never said to fill the hole in one dump, you did... I simply said adding to the deficit makes it bigger, am I wrong?

If you get 9 billion, and you don't spend it on deficit reduction.... but instead you create new programs or *expand* old programs, YOUR ADDING TO THE DEFICIT.

This is me laughing at republicans who think you cannot take issue with something that is allowed by law. This is me laughing at the next "medical mary jane" rant or another "IRS official pleads the fifth" thread which are both legal and hated

Yeah right.

All repubs oppose medical marijuana, and none of us can even tolerate the idea of complete legalization.

Not all of us march in lock step like you bed wetters. Some of us are even pro-abortion. When it comes to liberals, I strongly encourage abortion.

So your answer is to make that hole deeper??????????????? ARE YOU FOR REALZ LOLOLOLZ?

I never said to fill the hole in one dump, you did... I simply said adding to the deficit makes it bigger, am I wrong?

If you get 9 billion, and you don't spend it on deficit reduction.... but instead you create new programs or *expand* old programs, YOUR ADDING TO THE DEFICIT.

Yes when I say "fill a hole" that means making it bigger. You are a smart cookie. Go play now

I don't do that. I've found that when conservatives ask "what would you do" its only a set up to make the entire rest of the thread about that person personally.

Well, that's both insulting and cowardly. I'm not setting you up. I asked the question sincerely because I think this is an issue where libertarians and liberals could come to real agreement. I think all the shenanigans with the tax code represent a genuine abuse of government power. I know many liberals who agree and it might afford us an opportunity to really do something about it.

If you really believe liberals want to do anything about taxes, you are an epic buffoon! Liberals are on the exact opposite end of the spectrum from libertarians.

You should be trying to come to "real agreement" with the GOP who - as bad as they are - are much closer to you libertarians than a libtard will ever be

The deficit is now well UNDER a trillion- not reported on the Pub Propaganda Machine...of course.

So Obama has added several trillion dollars in over 40-some NEW taxes (about 18 alone in Onamacare), and you want to celebrate that all he has been able to do with those trillions in economy collapsing taxes get the deficit "under a trillion"?!? :lmao:

If this isn't glaring evidence of how ignorant Lakohota and his libtard pals are! If I taxed like Obama, I would have a surplus of about $2 trillion per year.

Forum List

Back