The tie that saved Rome. Do Western nations need a State Religion?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

The Western nations of today, like Rome in the days of Constantine, are being fractured by the plethora of religious and racial factions the emigration is causing. The Western nations are again being inundated by various religious militias and no go zones set up by religious and racial factions.

All countries and large coalitions of countries need something to unite the populations and have it all move in the same direction when required. Religion is a good tool for uniting a country.

Constantine was looking for stability and peace for Rome and decided that a State Religion was the way to unify Rome and its allies. He chose the least barbaric and belligerent religion in his day, Christianity, to be the tie that would bind the empire and other countries together.

I see the Western religious forces of today doing the same as in Constantine’s day, fracturing the country and being an enemy to unity and peace.

A house divided cannot stand, --- and history is repeating itself.

To insure the survival of the Western ideology, in these times of religious strife and division, should the present Western political powers follow Constantine’s example and choose a State Religion?

I am not suggesting that we send out this new religion to convert by the sword the way Christianity did. I think that we are intelligent enough today to debate the morality of the various religions to determine which is the most moral and the best for nations and the individuals within them.

Constantine chose strength by numbers and not by ideology and I think we are mature enough today to choose by worthy morality and ideology.

Is creating a State Religion the way to peace?

Regards
DL

The Western nations of today, like Rome in the days of Constantine, are being fractured by the plethora of religious and racial factions the emigration is causing. The Western nations are again being inundated by various religious militias and no go zones set up by religious and racial factions.

All countries and large coalitions of countries need something to unite the populations and have it all move in the same direction when required. Religion is a good tool for uniting a country.

Constantine was looking for stability and peace for Rome and decided that a State Religion was the way to unify Rome and its allies. He chose the least barbaric and belligerent religion in his day, Christianity, to be the tie that would bind the empire and other countries together.

I see the Western religious forces of today doing the same as in Constantine’s day, fracturing the country and being an enemy to unity and peace.

To insure the survival of the Western ideology, in these times of religious strife and division, should the present Western political powers follow Constantine’s example and choose a State Religion?

I am not suggesting that we send out this new religion to convert by the sword the way Christianity did. I think that we are intelligent enough today to debate the morality of the various religions to determine which is the most moral and the best for nations and the individuals within them.

Constantine chose strength by numbers and not by ideology and I think we are mature enough today to choose by worthy morality and ideology.

Regards
DL
There would be more bloodshed over which is the most worthy religion than we have already. Peaceful coexistence is the ideology we should be trying to spread. Unfortunately, there is a very vocal contingent here that opposes that as "divisive" and "racist."

Constantine chose a religion-----it was Constantine who made
Christianity BARBARIC

Liberalism is a political religion. The war is on and in full debate. I will resist it as will many others, that's considered division by leftists. If it comes to bloodshed, my side is better prepared.

Liberalism is a political religion. The war is on and in full debate. I will resist it as will many others, that's considered division by leftists. If it comes to bloodshed, my side is better prepared.
Little plastic toy soldiers aren't very effective in the real world...just sayin.

Is that a THREAT, weasel? Typical for your side. And you wonder why anyone would want to set themselves apart from such attitudes?

Is that a THREAT, weasel? Typical for your side. And you wonder why anyone would want to set themselves apart from such attitudes?
What part went over your head? You clearly didn't understand the post.

Regards
DL
Jews can be scattered all over the world and they have been but their religion keeps them united. The white race HAS a religion of its own but it must be spread....link to it is in my signature.

If it comes to bloodshed, my side is better prepared.
I understood it fine. You're doing your typical wiggling off the hook, but go ahead. We all know the dreams of glory dancing in your head.

If it comes to bloodshed, my side is better prepared.
I understood it fine. You're doing your typical wiggling off the hook, but go ahead. We all know the dreams of glory dancing in your head.
You don't know jack shit, you just love to smear people. You had a kneejerk emotional reaction to my words and went full auto. I said my side is better prepared, which is true. Our founders explained why it's a good idea, you should educate yourself instead of living in a sea of emotions.

I'm not for a state religion. That being said, some religions want to run the state. Some factions of Islam would have us all adhere to Sharia law. Other religions would have to be subservient to Islam or be converted to Islam by the Sword.

I don't think most Muslims in America are like this. Likewise, not all Christians believe in snake handling either. Call me an Islamaphobe if you like, but I don't want America going in the direction of Sharia law. If we import too many people from radical Islamic nations, it could happen.

The worse thing that could happen to any religion is for government to get involved. It will immediately become a big bloated bureaucratic mess that exists to to serve itself first and foremost.

I'm not for a state religion. That being said, some religions want to run the state. Some factions of Islam would have us all adhere to Sharia law. Other religions would have to be subservient to Islam or be converted to Islam by the Sword.

I don't think most Muslims in America are like this. Likewise, not all Christians believe in snake handling either. Call me an Islamaphobe if you like, but I don't want America going in the direction of Sharia law. If we import too many people from radical Islamic nations, it could happen.

It has occurred to me that some countries NEED protection from ISLAMIZATION ------one of them being FRANCE.
France is ENDANGERED--------becoming a "CATHOLIC
COUNTRY" might help assuming that the concept is
carefully controlled----like downward. As to the USA----
we are ok for now

Nothing about the conversion to Christianity turned out well for Rome or the rest of western culture. Almost the entirety of Greco-Roman learning was suppressed and forgotten for a thousand years as western Europe endured the dark ages under the anti-science catholic church. Progress was rejected for a millennium of holy wars, inquisitions, superstition and stagnation.

Nothing about the conversion to Christianity turned out well for Rome or the rest of western culture. Almost the entirety of Greco-Roman learning was suppressed and forgotten for a thousand years as western Europe endured the dark ages under the anti-science catholic church. Progress was rejected for a millennium of holy wars, inquisitions, superstition and stagnation.

not exactly but close. Nothing about conversion to islam did
any good to large parts of Africa and eastern Asia either----in fact it got even DARKER for that large part of the globe than ----
SEVENTH SEAL EUROPE

any good to large parts of Africa and eastern Asia either----in fact it got even DARKER for that large part of the globe than ----
SEVENTH SEAL EUROPE
Yes, it seems science is the first victim of any evangelist religion. Arabs used to be renowned for their libraries, mathematics and astronomy and were among the most literate peoples of antiquity.

SEVENTH SEAL EUROPE
Yes, it seems science is the first victim of any evangelist religion. Arabs used to be renowned for their libraries, mathematics and astronomy and were among the most literate peoples of antiquity.

Arabs were never renowned for 'their' libraries, mathematics,
or astronomy. Arabs were virtually entirely illiterate in
antiquity and still maintain a STARTLING high level of
illiteracy----probably exceeding 50% despite recent big
time programs to close that gap. Have you been reading
books and pamphlets off the mosque shelves----arab historic
revisionism? Arabic was not even a written language until
about 300 AD. Arabs were CONQUORERS in medieval times---------they conquered cities that already had libraries---
mostly in greek which they could not read. Mathematics was
virtually invented by the pre Islamic Egyptians, ---Greeks and
Hindus of India-------mostly hindus of India. Arabs never really got into it. Astronomy is a ZOROASTRIAN thing----
never an arab science. For a reasonable concept of arab culture in Medieval times ------think social structure like CONAN THE BARBARIAN and CALIPH---something like
THULSA DOOM

Do Western nations need a State Religion?

Hell to the no! The reason why this country is great is that all religions are welcome and we don't impose a chosen one on others. You impose a state religion you destroy the United States.

White people need a state. A few. Europe and the U.S. should do.

No healthy society operates well, particularly in the face of destruction, without belief in God. Jews learned this -- it's the lesson of the Bible.

Forum List

Back