The tie that saved Rome. Do Western nations need a State Religion?

Are you guys forgettin that we already have state religion?

Religious Text:

Constitution.jpg

Cult of personality:

1b83686d-452a-4dfb-87ed-1062f09418ac_560_420.jpg

Religious monuments and pilgrimage sites:

Famous%20American%20Memorial%20Monument.jpg

Religious iconography

American-Flag.jpg

Centers of worship:

Obama+Holds+Campaign+Rally+Colorado+State+1TIelLQsQd7l.jpg

Religious extremists:

yefd4l0qmnkeecclxwgo.jpg

Holy wars:

tumblr_nn01nrAMkI1slixf5o1_500.png

Last edited:
The Founding Fathers risked their lives and fortunes to create a document unique in the human race with the doctrine of government of and by the people. The FF thought that freedom from a state religion and government interference in religious worship was so important that they addressed it in the first Amendment to the Bill of Rights.

I am not being hyperbolic------and YOU are trivializing.
I have a sense that you really know nothing about islam --
and its history and its "NOW" as an ideology. I would not
ascribe "CONSPIRACY" to the overwhelming majority of
muslim refugees in France or anywhere else in the world-----
Most people in the world are LOOKING FOR THE BEST DEAL life has to offer--------HOWEVER----muslims do have a RELIGION----that is very specific regarding that which is
RIGHT and that which is WRONG. What is RIGHT for
muslims is establishment of ISLAM AS THE RIGHT RELIGION FOR ALL OF THE WORLD and establishment of that "RIGHT" a prime directive---------it is hard for you to accept that idea. You are probably American born. You just do
not know

I have a work friend who is a Muslim, came from war torn Bosnia. I have had conversations with him about religion and politics. He respects me, I respect him. I've been to his house, met his wife, kids. They aren't trying for a Muslim takeover lol, trust me. I think YOU do not know a Muslim and are full of fear because of the extremist Muslims you see on tv and think they are all like that. My friend hates them too. Did it ever occur to you he wanted no part of the extremists, and that most Muslims aren't extremists?

what makes you think that I do not know muslims? I know lots of muslims and have been to lots of muslim homes-----I read the koran LONG ago----probably before you were born..
What are you calling an "EXTREMIST" muslim? You assume
LOTS. Do you know anything about BOSNIAN MUSLIMS?
Have you ever met a NON-MUSLIM from Bosnia? You know muslims IN THE PARLOR------so do I. ----I also know muslims
NOT IN THE PARLOR.
Oh good grief. Go ahead with your "wisdom" then old one.

you really want to discuss the issue? You claim you have a muslim friend from Bosnia and had DISCUSSIONS with him
about "religion" which included HIS hatred for muslim terrorists. OK---good. How about you tell me ---something----about an opinion which he expressed on
islam IN BOSNIA----and the conflict between Bosnia and
Serbia and religion in general.-----something---anything

He didn't tell me about Muslim terrorists in Bosnia. He says he hates the extremists in general as much as me, and I believe him. I have talked to him plenty about his views on religion, life etc. I don't ask him about the war because I am polite, sometimes he tells me tidbits though. He lost family. He says outsiders (other Muslims) took over his village and they fought constantly with bloodshed. He says Russians fighters were most ruthless above all. I don't ask him for details.

ok----so a nice guy----refugee from Bosnia---with whom you have really had only VERY SUPERFICIAL conversation puts you in the "KNOW" about islam and muslims in general because HE is a pleasant person. Feel free to ask questions

I would say no because it isn't very hard to live with people of differing religions. It happens all the time. The conflict often comes into play when one religion tries to use the authority of government to force other people to participate in it against their will. The power to choose what religion one wants to participate in often resolves any religious conflicts that may occur in a society since no one can force the other to participate in one that they don't want to. America has had very few religious wars in this country because of that. If you don't like someone else's religion then let them be and don't participate in it.

The Western nations of today, like Rome in the days of Constantine, are being fractured by the plethora of religious and racial factions the emigration is causing. The Western nations are again being inundated by various religious militias and no go zones set up by religious and racial factions.

All countries and large coalitions of countries need something to unite the populations and have it all move in the same direction when required. Religion is a good tool for uniting a country.

Constantine was looking for stability and peace for Rome and decided that a State Religion was the way to unify Rome and its allies. He chose the least barbaric and belligerent religion in his day, Christianity, to be the tie that would bind the empire and other countries together.

I see the Western religious forces of today doing the same as in Constantine’s day, fracturing the country and being an enemy to unity and peace.

A house divided cannot stand, --- and history is repeating itself.

To insure the survival of the Western ideology, in these times of religious strife and division, should the present Western political powers follow Constantine’s example and choose a State Religion?

I am not suggesting that we send out this new religion to convert by the sword the way Christianity did. I think that we are intelligent enough today to debate the morality of the various religions to determine which is the most moral and the best for nations and the individuals within them.

Constantine chose strength by numbers and not by ideology and I think we are mature enough today to choose by worthy morality and ideology.

Is creating a State Religion the way to peace?

Regards
DL
There would be more bloodshed over which is the most worthy religion than we have already. Peaceful coexistence is the ideology we should be trying to spread. Unfortunately, there is a very vocal contingent here that opposes that as "divisive" and "racist."

There is bloodshed now just as there has always been with all the Gods competing.

If governments and religions decided that the morality of the religion they chose was the important part of their ideologies, and not the un-provable existence of their particular Gods, and I think that is a sellable idea, then there would be a competition and debate on morality and not on God.

Debates on God are endless and unproductive. Debates on morality can and do have an end point as consensus can be reached on such a debate. Those would be based on logic and reason and not the supernatural.

Regards
DL

Liberalism is a political religion. The war is on and in full debate. I will resist it as will many others, that's considered division by leftists. If it comes to bloodshed, my side is better prepared.

Perhaps.

The desire for an imaginary salvific God has been nurtures by lying priests and imams forever and sheeple, it seems, are not ready to join the real world.

Here is an example that shows this.

Regards
DL

The Western nations of today, like Rome in the days of Constantine, are being fractured by the plethora of religious and racial factions the emigration is causing. The Western nations are again being inundated by various religious militias and no go zones set up by religious and racial factions.

All countries and large coalitions of countries need something to unite the populations and have it all move in the same direction when required. Religion is a good tool for uniting a country.

Constantine was looking for stability and peace for Rome and decided that a State Religion was the way to unify Rome and its allies. He chose the least barbaric and belligerent religion in his day, Christianity, to be the tie that would bind the empire and other countries together.

I see the Western religious forces of today doing the same as in Constantine’s day, fracturing the country and being an enemy to unity and peace.

To insure the survival of the Western ideology, in these times of religious strife and division, should the present Western political powers follow Constantine’s example and choose a State Religion?

I am not suggesting that we send out this new religion to convert by the sword the way Christianity did. I think that we are intelligent enough today to debate the morality of the various religions to determine which is the most moral and the best for nations and the individuals within them.

Constantine chose strength by numbers and not by ideology and I think we are mature enough today to choose by worthy morality and ideology.

Regards
DL
Jews can be scattered all over the world and they have been but their religion keeps them united. The white race HAS a religion of its own but it must be spread....link to it is in my signature.

Jews, like Gnostic Christians, give man supremacy over God and that is why we can stay united.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Jews can be scattered all over the world and they have been but their religion keeps them united. The white race HAS a religion of its own but it must be spread....link to it is in my signature.

Jews, like Gnostic Christians, give man supremacy over God and that is why we can stay united.

Regards
DL

not exactly-----more like a synergistic effect on the universe

I would say no because it isn't very hard to live with people of differing religions. It happens all the time. The conflict often comes into play when one religion tries to use the authority of government to force other people to participate in it against their will. The power to choose what religion one wants to participate in often resolves any religious conflicts that may occur in a society since no one can force the other to participate in one that they don't want to. America has had very few religious wars in this country because of that. If you don't like someone else's religion then let them be and don't participate in it.

"I would say no because it isn't very hard to live with people of differing religions."

Inquisitions and Jihads belie that view.

Christianity came out of the Middle East yet Islam has just about pushed all Christians out with violence.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

not exactly-----more like a synergistic effect on the universe

That too.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

:slap:

The reasons Rome fell were plural and varied, but sum up to the fact that all things eventually end. Religion was a peripheral factor at best.

You know, I always wonder what the reason is for the romanticizing ( :funnyface: ) of Rome. Just plain silliness.

I'm not for a state religion. That being said, some religions want to run the state. Some factions of Islam would have us all adhere to Sharia law. Other religions would have to be subservient to Islam or be converted to Islam by the Sword.

I don't think most Muslims in America are like this. Likewise, not all Christians believe in snake handling either. Call me an Islamaphobe if you like, but I don't want America going in the direction of Sharia law. If we import too many people from radical Islamic nations, it could happen.

It could indeed.

That is why I want a God who is based on morality and not on the supernatural.

By todays standards of morality, the supernatural Gods can be shown to be quite immoral and a political and public debate would go a long way in teaching people about the immorality of the mainstream homophobic and misogynous Gods.

Man has always been the creator of Gods and we should continue that and create a new and better God.

Regards
DL

The worse thing that could happen to any religion is for government to get involved. It will immediately become a big bloated bureaucratic mess that exists to to serve itself first and foremost.

Governments live at the pleasure of the citizens and should be self-serving as it represents all the citizens. Serving itself serves us.

Regards
DL

The worse thing that could happen to any religion is for government to get involved. It will immediately become a big bloated bureaucratic mess that exists to to serve itself first and foremost.

Governments live at the pleasure of the citizens and should be self-serving as it represents all the citizens. Serving itself serves us.

Regards
DL
You are completely brainwashed.

Nothing about the conversion to Christianity turned out well for Rome or the rest of western culture. Almost the entirety of Greco-Roman learning was suppressed and forgotten for a thousand years as western Europe endured the dark ages under the anti-science catholic church. Progress was rejected for a millennium of holy wars, inquisitions, superstition and stagnation.

It did all of that, no argument, but it also led to the Western ideology that we now embrace as the best that we have created to date.

If Islam were to take over, learning will again be suppressed and forgotten and their own Inquisitions and Jihads will be the order of that horrible day.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

What???

Someone has drank the kool-aid.

Regards
DL

:slap:

The reasons Rome fell were plural and varied, but sum up to the fact that all things eventually end. Religion was a peripheral factor at best.

You know, I always wonder what the reason is for the romanticizing ( :funnyface: ) of Rome. Just plain silliness.
Mainly it is because Rome was the basis of western civilization. Their influence is so ubiquitous even in our modern world that you cannot turn around without bumping into their legacy.

Do Western nations need a State Religion?

Hell to the no! The reason why this country is great is that all religions are welcome and we don't impose a chosen one on others. You impose a state religion you destroy the United States.

So you would welcome an ideology that is completely incompatible with the Western ideology. Ok.

Kiss your freedom of speech away.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back