The top ten reasons not to vote Republican in the midterms

The Democrats and Barack Obama have screwed over Middle Class Americans more in the last six years than at any time in memory! Step back from the progressive "rhetoric" and look at what's really happened to the Middle Class under Barry! It's been brutal. Every time I hear Barack Obama start talking about how he's got the Middle Class's back I can only shake my head in disbelief that at this point anyone can hear that and not laugh.

Try Republicans, corporate America, and wall street.

So the far left bails out wall street you and want to blame republicans. Typical far left programming..

Then again I guess to you Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are far right..

I'm not suggesting every republican is stupid (most are however), but the republican ideology is based in stupidity.

You'll never see the irony of that statement coming out of your mouth.
If I'm wrong, tell me. What have republicans of today ever done for everyday Americans?

Many things, but the far left programmed cult can not be defeated. Then again you have provided zero empirical proof to your far left programmed ideological stance..

They shouldn’t be there in the first place

This Republican House has the least public mandate of any Congress in history. In the 2012 elections, the Republicans won 234 seats to the Democrats 201. But the Democrats won 48.8% of the popular vote, to the Republican’s 47.6%. The Democrat’s vote tally was nearly one-and-a-half-million higher. There is no precedent for this, not even close – never has the legitimate preference of the voters been so distorted.

If the Democrats had won – because they got the most votes – the Tea Party would be far less influential. There would have been no debt ceiling crisis, roiling markets and shaking consumer confidence, and no government shutdown lasting sixteen days.

With the Senate having passed a bi-partisan Immigration bill with more than two-thirds of the chamber voting yea, the house would, by now, have followed suit, with a final bill coming out of conference, bound for the president’s desk.

They don’t realize we get it already

The Republicans have voted more than 50 times to repeal or defund Obamacare.

“They have been obsessed with repealing the Affordable Care Act,” President Obama told a Democratic National Committee meeting in Washington. “You know what they say: 50th time is the charm. Maybe when you hit your 50th repeal vote, you will win a prize. Maybe if you buy 50 repeal votes, you get one free. We get it.”

No one likes them

The lowest point in the average of the polls that Nancy Pelosi’s Democrat-led House ever reached was 17%, as Obamacare was being passed. Generally speaking, the Democrats mainly stayed above 20%. Hardly amazing, but worthwhile remembering, given what was to come. The Republican controlled House has been by far the most disliked in modern history. An associated Press poll from the last week of September had them at 7%. It’s not just the least popular Congress, though: It’s also, according to Gallup, the least popular institution of any kind ever recorded.

They don’t do anything

The 113th Congress remains on track to be the least productive in modern history. Just 142 public bills have been enacted into law in the current session, down from the 906 the 80th “Do-Nothing” Congress passed in 1947-48. At this same point in the last Congress, which set the record for the fewest bills passed into public law in the modern era, 151 bills had made it into law.

They don’t represent society

Backers of Rep. Steve Southerland threw the Florida Republican a men-only fundraiser earlier this year. The invitation came complete with instructions that attendees should “tell the missus not to wait up” because “the after dinner whiskey and cigars will be smooth and the issues to discuss are many.”

In 1950, 98% of House Democrats and 97% of House Republicans were white men. In the 64 years since, that share has fallen 51 points for Democrats, but only 8 points for Republicans. Today, 89% of House Republicans are white men, compared to just 47% of House Democrats. On election night 2012, Democrats took pride in the fact that, for the first time ever, women and minorities would compose a majority — 53% — of their caucus. Meanwhile, the share of women and minorities in the GOP House conference went down, from 14% to 11%.

They’re too into Israel

Recent polls make it clear that, in the U.S., the strongest support for Israel’s right-wing policies now comes not from Jews, but from Republicans. Around the time of the Gaza conflict, Pew reported that the share of Republicans who sympathize more with Israel had risen from 68% to 73%, far larger than the proportion of Democrats.

Republican love for Israel knows almost no bounds, stemming, perhaps, from an absolutist trait in the conservative worldview. Israel is the Middle East’s only “good guy,” surrounded by a sea of “bad guys.”

In 2013, Israel’s GDP was $291.3 billion. The U.S. has subsidized about 25% of the tiny country’s annual defense budget in recent years; and U.S. military aid is roughly 1% of Israel’s economy. Yet the Republicans still complain that the Obama administration hasn’t been sufficiently supportive. For all their unwavering loyalty, however, it is really strange that, after the surprise defeat of Eric Cantor, there are now exactly zero Jewish Republicans in the House.

Their outreach to the Black community still faces hurdles

“To a significant extent, the Republican base does have elements that are animated by racism. And that’s unfortunate,” Democrat Steve Israel said recently on CNN.

“I couldn’t be consistent with myself and my core beliefs, and stay with a party that was so unfriendly toward the African-American president,” former Florida governor Charlie Crist said in an interview.“I was a Republican and I saw the activists and what they were doing, it was intolerable to me.”

“The reason why Fox News and the GOP attract people like Cliven Bundy, Ted Nugent, and George Zimmerman is because they have spent the entire Obama years using racial divides as a political weapon,” Bill Maher argued earlier this year, later going on to argue that Fox News called the New Black Panthers scary, but portrayed white militia members as heroes.

An interesting proxy for measuring racial prejudice is a person’s views on interracial dating and marriage. The Pew Research Center has been polling on this question for 25 years. In 2012, 18 percent of Republicans disapproved of blacks and whites dating each other.

They’ve wasted a huge amount of money

The Republicans have cost the taxpayer, directly and in terms of hindered economic potential, a huge amount since taking over the House.

The lawsuit against the president will cost up to $350,000, billed at a rate of $500 per hour.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) estimated that the House Republican’s prolonged showdown with the administration over the raising of the debt ceiling, a procedure, up till then largely a formality, increased government borrowing costs by $1.3 billion.

Standard & Poors estimated that the Republican-initiated shutdown, which lasted just over two weeks, cost $1.5 billion per day, and took a total of $24 billion out of the U.S. economy.

Almost continuously, since 2012, the Republican controlled House has been investigating Benghazi. “The Department has devoted thousands of man-hours to responding to the numerous and often repetitive congressional requests regarding Benghazi,” Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs Elizabeth King said in a letter to Congress. That estimate included “time devoted to approximately 50 congressional hearings, briefings, and interviews which the Department has led or participated in.”

In May, the Republicans formed a special committee to re investigate Benghazi – the budget is $5,650,000 – bigger than the budgets for the committees on Veteran’s affairs, Intelligence and the budget itself.

When House Republicans voted to appoint a special counsel for the IRS investigation, House Ways and Means Committee Ranking Member Sander Levin responded by saying, “The IRS has spent more than $14 million in taxpayer money accommodating Republican requests, turning over more than 600,000 pages of documents, none of which substantiate the GOP’s wild attempt from the get-go to tar the administration.”

Its amazing that a fiscally conservative party has contrived to spend or waste this much money. Would anyone seriously suggest most of it had been well spent?

They can’t get their story straight

Despite having actually issued fewer executive orders than most of his predecessors, the Republicans have accused the President of being aggressively unilateral. In June, Republican Speaker John Boehner criticised the President’s use of executive orders, saying Congress must act to avoid Obama from acting like a “king.”

When Boehner was forced to cancel a vote on his border legislation after he didn’t have enough votes to pass it, he then issued a press release demanding that Obama act alone to secure the border. “There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders…” The logic being that it is not okay for Obama to take executive action unless the House is paralyzed by Republican infighting.

They’re going backwards in their thinking

Fewer Republicans today than in 2009 believe in evolution, according to a Pew poll last year. The poll showed that less than half – 43 percent – of those who identify with the Republican Party say they believe humans have evolved over time, plunging from 54 percent four years ago. Forty-eight percent say they believe “humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time,” up from 39 percent in 2009. According to a recent National Science Foundation study, only 28 percent of conservative Republicans believe that humans evolved from earlier species. The fact these statistics are going backwards, in the twenty-first century, is amazing.

The Sheppard Post - Politics Culture and Media

...and there you have it!

Still crying about losing the House in the last election?

I'm not suggesting every republican is stupid (most are however), but the republican ideology is based in stupidity.

If I'm wrong, tell me. What have republicans of today ever done for everyday Americans?

Fixed Democratic crap.

Prevented Democrats from destroying the country.
How? Be specific.

Fixed Democratic crap.

How? Be specific.

Republicans voted against Democrat schemes to loot and enslave the productive members of society.

Fixed Democratic crap.

How? Be specific.

Republicans voted against Democrat schemes to loot and enslave the productive members of society.
What were these schemes? Be specific.

Fixed Democratic crap.

How? Be specific.

All of FDR's programs, for one thing. They voted against the income tax for decades, voted against Social Security, voted against Medicare, voted against all the various liberal schemes to loot the productive members of society. Of course, they didn't always win, and the Democrats eventually broke down the gates.

Fixed Democratic crap.

How? Be specific.

All of FDR's programs, for one thing. They voted against the income tax for decades, voted against Social Security, voted against Medicare, voted against all the various liberal schemes to loot the productive members of society. Of course, they didn't always win, and the Democrats eventually broke down the gates.
How are we supposed to pay for our military and public schools without taxes? Are you aware how many Rightwingers receive Medicare and social security?

How is the democratic party more worthy of being called the "racist party of ignorance" than the republicans. Rebublicans continuously try to maintain policies that have unequal outcomes for different races. They also, in many instances, openly deny some of the most prominent research produced by science. If that doesn't constitute "racist" or "ignorant" I don't know what does.

Rebublicans continuously try to maintain policies that have unequal outcomes for different races.

OMG! That's awful!!! What's the percentage of white guys in the NBA again?
I'm glad the Dems are in favor of quotas for the NBA. Can't have an unequal outcome.

They also, in many instances, openly deny some of the most prominent research produced by science.

I know, they're against GMOs and vaccines. Oh, wait, that's the Dems.

1. You didn't refute my points. 2. I wasn't talking about affirmative action. 3. unlike climate change, GMOs are actually a contested topic. 4. All the data linking Dems to the vaccine movement I've read has been theoretically, conceptually, or methodologically flawed. If you have a good source on this I'd love to read it.

1. You didn't refute my points.

I pointed out the ridiculousness of your supposed points.

2. I wasn't talking about affirmative action.

How else do you prevent unequal outcomes?

3. unlike climate change, GMOs are actually a contested topic

Wasting trillions to prevent climate change is contested all the time.
What do you feel is contested about GMOs?
They lead to higher yields, cheaper more plentiful food.
And they reduce the need to constantly expand land under cultivation.

You still haven't explained how the Republicans are less racist than Democrats. Sure, affirmative action is a small part of it, but there are broader structural inequalities such as equal pay, improving schools in poor areas, poverty assistance, etc. And these things aren't necessarily "racial" as they would have a significant impact for whites living in poverty also. But statistically blacks are more likely to live in poverty than whites, and therefore experience more structural disadvantages in things like education, college prep, there being jobs available in their neighborhood, or the financial ability to move from a neighborhood with a lack of jobs.

Also just addressing general attitutudes towards race in both parties:

Are White Republicans More Racist Than White Democrats FiveThirtyEight

As for GMO's, a comparative look at policy differences between the US and the EU is enough to show their safetly is contested. And all GMOs aren't banned in Europe, but a lot of the GMOs being consumed by the American public and a lot of the techniques used in the American aggricultural industry are. Biotech has a lot of potential, but certainly needs more regulation until more data is produced on the long-term effects of different methods.

Climate change isn't contested. People's willingness to act upon scientific data surrounding climate change is. There's a difference.

You also didn't point me to that research linking Dems to anti-vaccines. Like I said, I'd be really curious reading it if the data is good.

So the far left bails out wall street you and want to blame republicans. Typical far left programming..

Then again I guess to you Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are far right..

TARP was signed into law by George W. Bush....Thanks for playing.

How? Be specific.

How are we supposed to pay for our military and public schools without taxes? Are you aware how many Rightwingers receive Medicare and social security?

Did he say no taxes? How was the military paid for before the income tax?

Are you brain dead or just tired?

How? Be specific.

Did he say no taxes? How was the military paid for before the income tax?

Are you brain dead or just tired?
Lol and what would pay for our present military if not income taxes? Before income taxes, our country's expenses were quite low. That's the reason.

How is the democratic party more worthy of being called the "racist party of ignorance" than the republicans. Rebublicans continuously try to maintain policies that have unequal outcomes for different races. They also, in many instances, openly deny some of the most prominent research produced by science. If that doesn't constitute "racist" or "ignorant" I don't know what does.
Most of those issues were designed to attack the Republican platform.

Like a belief in a higher power is supposedly anti-science.

The fact that some people make more money than others has become a major issue with Democrats. Republicans accept this because it's only common-sense. We all can't be totally equal. We can have equal opportunities, but can't be guaranteed equal results. Democrats claim that you should be able to make the same as somebody else regardless of your time on the job, or your natural work progression because of your sex. Doesn't matter if a woman spends half of the year home sick for one reason or another. According to the Left, she deserved to progress the same way men do. So in their drive to force equality they instead favor one group over another.

Diversity is just another way of forcing political-correctness in the workplace. Instead of looking for qualified candidates we must have a specified number of females, a specified number of blacks or minorities, and a specified number of LBGT employees. This practice is used heavily in the Obama Administration and the results has been predictable. Utter disaster.

Essentially, the Democrats have invented issues that before were simply common-sense but now are under attack. This is what lawyers do. Invent issues that never existed before because nobody in their right mind would consider them. Just another way of causing trouble to obtain support from oppressed or disenfranchised groups.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back