The true living God

In my understanding, Jesus didn't start any religions, he was born a Jew and died a Jew, his followers started Christianity. And there were ALWAYS multiple Christian religions. IMHO
Acts 24:5-- a single religion Jesus started--The rest claiming to be Christian are in reality a part of this-2Thess 2:3--the great apostasy. They became a house divided-they will not stand-Mark 3:24-26
Not buying it.

Paul was roaming the Roman world trying to keep his churches in line because others were traveling with different theologies. The main conflict being, did one have convert to Judaism before becoming a Christian. Some said yes and that was the Jerusalem faction. Others, like Paul, believed you didn't and circumcision was unnecessary. Paul's faction won by default when the Romans burned Jerusalem. If Paul had lost, Christianity today would be a tiny sect in a minor religion. Paul opened up the possibility of mass conversions of gentiles.

Pagan Rome was as much responsible for Christianity as anyone or anything.

They don't teach what Jesus actually taught. In fact they teach a non existent false God.
Yes satans#1 job attack Jesus seed relentless. False teachings started getting in in Peters letters. Titus had to be left behind to correct error teachings that got in. The important thing--they are corrected. To this day are being corrected. In front of the whole world.
How do you know this while 99% of (Christian?) people do not?

99% are in satans illusion, he poses as every other god--there is but one true living God-YHVH(Jehovah) Few know him-John 15:20-21
So God created a world knowing that 99% of his creation was doomed to suffer on earth and then suffer in hell for all eternity. Either He is a sadist or a really poor creator.
So let’s explore your position that God is a sadist. Why would a sadist allow us to have any happiness at all?
contrast?
Contrast? There certainly appears to be an awful lot of contrast for such a sadistic God. Does it seem like you are suffering 99% of the time?

99% are in satans illusion, he poses as every other god--there is but one true living God-YHVH(Jehovah) Few know him-John 15:20-21
So God created a world knowing that 99% of his creation was doomed to suffer on earth and then suffer in hell for all eternity. Either He is a sadist or a really poor creator.
He didn't know. He does not know the future when free will is involved.
So once and for all time it is being proved 100% that mortals need to listen to Gods advice on how to live the path of lasting happiness. He set this before all-Deut 30:19= Life or Death, both are everlasting. Gods people listen to him now.
I thought He was omniscient but I guess you're saying I was wrong. He is just a creator with a 99% failure rate.
Of course the reality of your statement isn’t that you believe God has a 99% failure rate because you don’t believe God exists. What you are really saying is that you believe life itself is bad. That 99% of everything displeases you.
No, I don't believe your vision of God is real. But I don't believe life itself is bad or that 99% of everything displeases me. That was kjw47. As I see it, I'm the one who sees the world clearly and not distorted by faith. I'm the one who appreciates the world for what it is, not for what I wish it to be.

So once and for all time it is being proved 100% that mortals need to listen to Gods advice on how to live the path of lasting happiness. He set this before all-Deut 30:19= Life or Death, both are everlasting. Gods people listen to him now.
I thought He was omniscient but I guess you're saying I was wrong. He is just a creator with a 99% failure rate.
Of course the reality of your statement isn’t that you believe God has a 99% failure rate because you don’t believe God exists. What you are really saying is that you believe life itself is bad. That 99% of everything displeases you.
No, I don't believe your vision of God is real. But I don't believe life itself is bad or that 99% of everything displeases me. That was kjw47. As I see it, I'm the one who sees the world clearly and not distorted by faith. I'm the one who appreciates the world for what it is, not for what I wish it to be.
Interesting. What is it that you imagine I want the world to be?

So let’s explore your position that God is a sadist. Why would a sadist allow us to have any happiness at all?
contrast?
Contrast? There certainly appears to be an awful lot of contrast for such a sadistic God. Does it seem like you are suffering 99% of the time?
Absolutely not, I have it very, very good. If there really was a God judging us in this life, I'd probably be much worse off.

just

contrast?
Absolutely not, I have it very, very good. If there really was a God judging us in this life, I'd probably be much worse off.
So life isn’t a suffering?

just
I believe you have that backwards.

For some very odd reason you believe what we believe determines God’s existence.
That is exactly what I think. Man created God in his own image and every creation is unique.
How do you know that something that is more like consciousness didn’t create the material world to experience it? It’s all just information.
I don't. I've said I'm agnostic on the existence of a creator. What I'm sure of is that the God of the OT/NT is a creation of man.
How are you so sure?
logic based on researched information

For some very odd reason you believe what we believe determines God’s existence.
That is exactly what I think. Man created God in his own image and every creation is unique.
How do you know that something that is more like consciousness didn’t create the material world to experience it? It’s all just information.
I don't. I've said I'm agnostic on the existence of a creator. What I'm sure of is that the God of the OT/NT is a creation of man.
How are you so sure?
logic based on researched information
Ok. Explain it to me.

But your arguments imply that you do know better than God. Are you changing your answer?

Your position doesn’t seem illogical. It is illogical. You do not have complete information and yet you have judged everything as a 99% failure. That’s illogical and incorrect.

Quite a lot can be learned about God from studying the world we live in. So if you are ignorant about God, that’s on you.
I don't know what God knows, he isn't saying, so I have to go on what I see. And from what I see, God hasn't impressed me.

That 99% number comes from kjw47 not me.

I have studied the world, science, history, and theology, in detail, and that is how I have arrived at my points of view.

contrast?
Everyone suffers but it's all relative. I have a family & friends, good health, live in a great country, and have financial success. I'd say the vast majority of the world suffers way more than I do.

But your arguments imply that you do know better than God. Are you changing your answer?

Your position doesn’t seem illogical. It is illogical. You do not have complete information and yet you have judged everything as a 99% failure. That’s illogical and incorrect.

Quite a lot can be learned about God from studying the world we live in. So if you are ignorant about God, that’s on you.
I don't know what God knows, he isn't saying, so I have to go on what I see. And from what I see, God hasn't impressed me.

I have studied the world, science, history, and theology, in detail, and that is how I have arrived at my points of view.
So you have never made the argument or implied that since life isn’t just or fair there can be no God?

I don’t dispute that you believe you have thought this well through I just dispute the standards you used. I don’t believe they were objective.

just
I don't think so. I expect no final judgement then an afterlife where the wicked will suffer and the good get rewarded. What do you expect?

contrast?
Everyone suffers but it's all relative. I have a family & friends, good health, live in a great country, and have financial success. I'd say the vast majority of the world suffers way more than I do.
So you don’t believe that everything has to be perfect for God to exist?

just
I don't think so. I expect no final judgement then an afterlife where the wicked will suffer and the good get rewarded. What do you expect?
You were talking about this world.

I don’t expect this world to be just. You do.

So you have never made the argument or implied that since life isn’t just or fair there can be no God?

I don’t dispute that you believe you have thought this well through I just dispute the standards you used. I don’t believe they were objective.
Never made that argument. I understand the appeal of Christianity where the meek will inherit the earth. I don't believe it but if that is God's plan it's as good a plan as any.

just
You were talking about this world.

I don’t expect this world to be just. You do.
No by a long shot. Do you expect the next world to be just?

contrast?
So you don’t believe that everything has to be perfect for God to exist?
No, I get the free will argument. I just think God should be open and logical and his logic apparent to everyone.

Forum List

Back