Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
I have. There is such a thing. The Bishop who interviewed me to be baptized eventually cheated on his wife, apostatized and ran away from his family of 6 kids for a younger woman.

"apostatized!" Now that there is a cool word, if it IS actually a word! :confused:

In any event, once he apostatized I hypothesize that he ceased to be a Mormon, and thus he cannot be one of the bad people who are Mormons.

Convenient?

You BET!

:razz:

Not convenient for his wife and kids. Not convenient that he was once a voice for our church.

No. But convenient that he is not actually a Mormon.

BTW is Huggy to blame for this recent influx of human beings willing to discuss civilly with one another? What is his thread all about?

You do know about him getting busted for having a secret family after the elections right?

and how about this one?
White Civil Rights » Mike Huckabee Hard Drive Scandal
or his role in the release of serial rapists
Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release

I tend to treat this sort of stuff - particularly when it comes to light when it is most serendipitious - with a large pinch of salt. Not that it isn't true but I'm always suspicious about timing.

But..... I have a serious question about Mormons..... How come y'all get married so young?

Because time is a wastin. We desire families and we know what we want and don't have the hardest time picking apart a potential spouse hoping they're gonna be perfect.

Also Brigham Young once said that any man over the age of 27 and unmarried was a menace to society. also, due to presentism, that statement doesn't apply to our day, community and age.

Interestingly enough, I can't think of too many guys that age or above that are single, that contribute much to society.

Oh, I guess that kinda makes sense. My fiance was a Mormon.... although he left the Church and became a Catholic (like me).... but he used to refer to me as his Pearl of Great Price - I never knew where that expression came from until about a year or so ago.

BTW is Huggy to blame for this recent influx of human beings willing to discuss civilly with one another? What is his thread all about?

Yes, he had ambitions to overtake this thread with his stupid neocons list. Some of us resent that so we're here to defend the Mormons!

SMuggly started a thread to "discuss" as uncivilly as possible, his concern with "traitrous" "neocon" "&%$#s" (I choose to edit that last f-bomb out of respect for folks who are more civil and polite than Smuggly is -- or than I am).

The problem is that SMuggly has absolutely no clue what a "neocon" is. And he uses the term "traitorous" in a way that Amnesty International would consider torture.

It is SMuggly's stated desire to generate bigger posting numbers on his sub-moronic thread than you generated with this thread.

The civility here is just a natural spill-over, resulting from NOT trying to "communicate" with a guy like SMuggly.

Last edited:
The plates were removed for safekeeping by Moroni the angel. they will be back. We will all get to see them one day.

Dude you crack me up! The Donner Party were not Mormons.

No. But the Mormons took advantage of the poor bastards thus getting them to the point where they had to engage in cannabalism.

Which makes the Mormons who did that to the poor bastards even lower than cannibals.

Unless, of course, I'm just all wet on this whole "history" thang. :razz:

There is no truth to the story that we in any way caused donner party suffering.

The Connection with The Donner Party, is that They Blazed the Trail Through and Around Salt Lake, Which the Mormons used to found the City.

Actually it is about outperforming Huggy's Thread and leaving it in the dust. You never mind that though:):):):):). This has been an interesting day here... huh. God works in mysterious ways.

ah... That is rich. He actually said he could generate a longer standing thread than this one? With that topic? He'll have to do it himself. I wasn't trying to create the longest standing thread or anything but I guess that's what it turned out to be. I don't really care who has the longer thread. It ain't about quantity.
Actually I think the song thread is the longest. But I've been at this for a year now so it will have to be a pretty universal topic to outlast this one. I could stop now and it will be one of the longest of all time?

No. But the Mormons took advantage of the poor bastards thus getting them to the point where they had to engage in cannabalism.

Which makes the Mormons who did that to the poor bastards even lower than cannibals.

Unless, of course, I'm just all wet on this whole "history" thang. :razz:

I think you are a bit wet. Mormons didnt settle Utah till a year after the Donner party. Im sure had the Saints been there, the Donner party wouldnt have been remembered.

I tend to treat this sort of stuff - particularly when it comes to light when it is most serendipitious - with a large pinch of salt. Not that it isn't true but I'm always suspicious about timing.

But..... I have a serious question about Mormons..... How come y'all get married so young?

Because time is a wastin. We desire families and we know what we want and don't have the hardest time picking apart a potential spouse hoping they're gonna be perfect.

Also Brigham Young once said that any man over the age of 27 and unmarried was a menace to society. also, due to presentism, that statement doesn't apply to our day, community and age.

Interestingly enough, I can't think of too many guys that age or above that are single, that contribute much to society.

Oh, I guess that kinda makes sense. My fiance was a Mormon.... although he left the Church and became a Catholic (like me).... but he used to refer to me as his Pearl of Great Price - I never knew where that expression came from until about a year or so ago.

Wonder who reminded you of that.

Last edited:

Whoever it was, he's a wonderful, wonderful person. He will always have a very special place in my heart.

Whoever it was, he's a wonderful, wonderful person. He will always have a very special place in my heart.

Must have been ether Huggy or Gaybiker.

Whomever it is he's one lucky guy.

Forum List

Back